The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boyagin Rock
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:02 pm 

Let me tell you about a place I camped at last weekend. A place I did not know existed so close to where I live. A place all Australians should know about (or at least all western Australians).
This place is Boyagin Rock.

Boyagin Rock is part of a massive granite outcrop and rises up 50m above its surroundings. it is claimed by the local Noongar (South West Aboriginals) that if you climb to the top without stopping then you will live a long life.
(and now I am going to copy paste some more info as it is easier lol)

Boyagin Rock is situated between Pingelly and Brookton, 17km off the Great Southern Highway via Brookton.

This culturally significant site is important to Noongar people, especially those of Brookton and Pingelly, because of the Wagyl (Rainbow Serpent). The Wagyl began its trail at Boodjen (Boyagin) Rock and crossed to Connelly Flats in Mount Dale. This Dreaming trail bears the marks of the Wagyl's journey in the form of valleys, hills and waterways.

The spirit of the Wagyl is the carpet python that lives at Boodjen Rock. This snake signals the presence of fresh water. Boodjen Rock is alive with the spirit of the Wagyl, and Noongar people tread lightly and respectfully here in this sacred place.

It is a popular place for social gatherings, but generally only by day. After sunset, fear of the wirdarchi keep most Noongar people away. Also known as the bulyit or mummari, the wirdachi are hairy creatures that come out of darkness. They have a terrible smell, and emit a piercing whistle that can put Noongar people into a temporary trance to lead them astray. They are like the Irish leprechaun - small, mischievous and elusive.
Here are some pics

Boyagin rock (view from another granite hill)

View from Boyagin Rock

View of the hill next to the rock

A rock pool on top of the rock

Some shots from on tp of tthe other hill

Sunset on top of Boyagin Rock

Albert Einstein

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Boyagin Rock
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:13 pm 

the story of the rainbow serpent.
This is just one version, every tribe would have had there own version but they all are very similar in the fact that the rainbow serpent shaped the land and gave water.

The Rainbow Serpent (as stolen from another web site)

The Rainbow Serpent is often described as the primary figure in the chronicle of Creation. In this myth, she creates many natural features and human beings and establishes the foundation of totemism.

In the Dreamtime all the earth lay sleeping. Nothing grew. Nothing moved. Everything was quiet and still. The animals, birds, and reptiles lay sleeping under the earth’s crust. Then one day the Rainbow Serpent awoke from her slumber and pushed her way through the earth’s crust, moving the stones that lay in her way.

When she emerged, she looked about her and then traveled over the land, going in all directions. She traveled far and wide, and when she grew tired she curled herself into a heap and slept. Upon the earth she left her winding tracks and the imprint of her sleeping body. When she had traveled all the earth, she returned to the place where she had first appeared and called to the frogs, “Come out!”

The frogs were very slow to come from below the earth’s crust, for their bellies were heavy with water which they had stored in their sleep. The Rainbow Serpent tickled their stomachs, and when the frogs laughed, the water ran all over the earth to fill the tracks of the Rainbow Serpent’s wanderings – and that is how the lakes and rivers were formed.

Then the grass began to grow, and trees sprang up, and so life began on earth. All the animals, birds, and reptiles awoke and followed the Rainbow Serpent, the Mother of Life, across the land. They were happy on earth, and each lived and hunted for food with his own tribe. The kangaroo, wallaby, and emu tribes lived on the plains, the reptile tribes lived among the rocks and stones, and the bird tribes flew through the air and lived in the trees.

The Rainbow Serpent made laws that all were asked to obey, but some grew quarrelsome and were troublemakers. The Rainbow Serpent scolded them, saying, “Those who keep my laws I shall reward well, I shall give to them a human form. They and their children and their children’s children shall roam this earth forever. This shall be their land. Those who break my laws I shall punish. They shall be turned to stone, never to walk the earth again.”

So the law breakers were turned to stones, and became mountains and hills, to stand forever and watch over the tribes hunting for food at their feet. But those who kept her laws she turned into human form, and gave each of them his own totem of the animal, bird, or reptile whence they came. So the tribes knew themselves by their own totems: the kangaroo, the emu, the carpet snake, and many, many more. And in order that none should starve, she ruled that no man should eat of his own totem, but only of other totems. In this way there was food for all.

So the tribes lived together in the land given to them by the Mother of Life, the Rainbow Serpent, and they knew that the land would always be theirs, and that no one should ever take it from them.

Albert Einstein

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Boyagin Rock
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Thats a pretty beautiful place reminds me a little bit like warren pa where they have some pretty big rocks at.
Rick

Profile E-mail