The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Picture
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:23 am 

Hi Guys,

I took this picture at Point Lookout Lighthouse here in Maryland. It is supposed to be haunted and was built pre-Civil War. This lighthouse has seen a lot. What do you make of the fog that is kind of going in a line behind him? It is more visible on the photo, this version is kind of compressed and the "fog" doesn't come out as clear.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A Picture
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:25 am 

About Me: Rick eats cock
Favorite Quotes: " Revenge is a dish best served cold "
It " could " be a lens flare from your light sorce being behind the subject of your picture. and the fact that there is two panes of glass filering the light " could " create that effect.

There is your photo expert oppinion, now we need ricks counterpoint

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:49 am 
Site Admin

I have to agree with Mike....nothing but lense flare...a reflection caused by the glass and the flash. Notice its on the sides much like any reflection would put off.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:46 am 

Thanks guys!!! You are probably right. I'm going back to the Lighthouse July 7, maybe I will catch something then. There's just something exciting about catching a ghost on film. :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Let me know how it goes when you go on up there it sounds like a cool place.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:45 am 

I have been back to the Lighthouse a couple time since then. No paranormal experiences or photos though. :x I have heard a couple of people talk about their experiences in the Lighthouse. Personally, I am starting to think it may not be haunted. Just a lot of negative energy floating around from all the death and history there. I will be there at night in October for an event, hopefully I'll see/hear something then.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Can you get up in there at night just curious?
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:22 am 

AngelOfThyNight wrote:
Can you get up in there at night just curious?
Rick

The fence is closed and locked at night. :( In October they will be doing night tours for Halloween and I'll be helping out with that. There will hopefully be times in between tours when I can explore the Lighthouse.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:43 am 
Site Admin

Damn.....that sucks i bet I could get in there at night....i bet if could get in at night it would be a whole different investigation no doubt. It sounds like a cool place.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:42 pm 

About Me: I AM the paranormal. I love death/ghosts/cryptozoology,etc. My hero is the Reaper because in death, we all become our perfect self. I am married to Rob 5 years this July and I'd kill/maim/dismember for him and our kids. I have a Supernatural high and I've tried everything once. I don't scare easily unless confronted by a circus clown or mall Santa. I am a pyromaniac. If you see me, I'll be the chubby lady dressed in black with alot of makeup, if you see me at all. Mostly I haunt your nightmares. I will be in an old cemetery listening to the dead or in old buildings soaking up the atmosphere with my ever present digital camera. I don't take the afterworld lightly and the first way to piss me off is to not take the dead seriously. I hate all holidays except Halloween. I love the night and all that walks in it.
Favorite Quotes: mortuii vivos docent- the dead teach the living.
Death is the ultimate equalizer, no man beats the reaper.
Hey girl! Sorry to tell ya but it is light refraction anomaly bounce back from the laminated book covers onto the wall. It sure looks like some spookies, tho. I'm still liking this dudes aura-yay. Try taking pics without using your view finder, really random, no posings. Say "hello, can you show yourself to me"? Rember your instinct rules over the camera, it is just a dumb tool and cant feel for you, it can only record. Try focusing on your region below your ribs area and feel it out, hold your cam about arms length and snap at least 2 pics in succesion to capture anything that may appear in one pic but not the other. Pay close attention to well shaded areas and try varying using the flash and no flash. More than one camera is good, too. A digital is great followed up with a 35mm. You will get the feel of it with practice. Rob is lucky enough to be a photographic medium. I have to work and plead with them to show themself. You gonna be a good ghostbuster yet

Profile E-mail