The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Investigations Of "Minden Cemetery" & "Decker Homestead"
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

Our Investigations Of The "Minden Cemetery" & "Decker Homestead" Oct. 22nd 2013!

Prior to Halloween I wanted to bring our viewers two really great locations that kind of fit the Autumn theme. But also two locations that were fairly close to one another. One location was erected in the 1980's while the other one in the 1800's.

The real reality to ghosthunting is that if you are good enough at what you do then you should be able to do investigations both day and night. The two places we would investigate would be the Minden Eastside Memorial Park Cemetery and then the Decker Homestead.

When it came to the cemetery I wanted to visit it before sundown so that I could enjoy the rich fall colors of all the trees. It is even more pretty when you look at the pond and see the reflections of all the pretty colors. Upon sunset the mountains are so pretty as on one side you have the Pine Nut Mountain Range while the other side views of the snow capped sierras.

I had already visited the homestead during the day so I was looking forward to a night visit of it. However the cemetery I wanted the best of both worlds with some daylight investigating going into dusk which seemed to work in my favor.

The Minden Cemetery is fairly newer it was erected in the 1980's and it appeared that not even half of the cemetery had interments here. What is even more rare is that it has a mausoleum which is not as popular here out west as opposed to the cemeteries on the east coast.

Tammy and I pulled on into the park where we would park between the chapel and the mausoleum. Our ghostly investigation would began here.

Minden Eastside Memorial Park Cemetery

Unlike most cemeteries all the gravesites were flat marbled stones kind of hard to see unless you were to walk up on them. Tammy and I split up I left her in charge of gathering EMF data while I did EVP's. We also both did photography and of course I made a few videos during certain experiences within the cemetery.

We would head on up to the chapel and the pond the sunset gleamed right off the pine nuts making the mountain range look pink. While the sierras were more of a dark shadow with the sun just peering above them slightly.

As you know whenever a holiday is near I try to dress for that holiday for example in October I wear costumes around Easter rabbit ears then Christmas Santa Claus and Reindeer lol. The spirits get a kick out of it and we make it fun for the younger crowd who visits our site. We always want to lighten things up a bit nobody gets paid to do what we do so why not make it fun right?

Tammy had called me over when she had gotten high EMF Gauss readings along a walkway that had a series of veteran graves. When she pointed it up the readings stopped but as she pointed it towards the graves it went off at least 5 different grave sites as she followed the meter along them then it stopped.

She thought it was underground power lines but later we put that theory to the test where she sat at a grave site named Geisler. When I called out the persons name the EMF went off as she faced the meter down towards the ground where the persons casket would be or urn. For awhile maybe even 30 seconds we had gotten fluctuations so I filmed a quick segment to document our finds.

Later on we would make our way on over to the back of the cemetery which had a mausoleum. It also had many family plots each one surrounded by brick walls. It was interesting because allot of the family plots had small statues some were broken, weathered, turning yellow from aging and others were covered by shrubs. Nearly every plot had some statue that I photographed!

One of the plots was of the Clifton's a mom was buried here she also had a bunch of other mementos surrounding her grave site. This was a sad grave site for me to visit. Even though she lived out her years she did die fairly young. More so I found not to far away a whole series of children no older then two buried nearby.

When I was away Tammy made it to the Clifton plot and all of sudden we had gotten Gauss readings at critical levels. The meter must had went off for nearly 30 seconds straight and only when she pointed it towards the gravesite. I quickly ran on over to Tammy you can see in my video I am running with the cam to try to film this footage to show our viewers what is transpiring here. These were real genuine readings no power lines nothing just a grave site that was surrounded with allot of energy. The same energy you could feel even without a detector.

Nightfall was setting in but before it really had gotten dark Tammy stood in this one area and pointed the meter a foot above her head. It kept going off in this one area she stood still at. Before the detector was going off only when we pointed it at certain graves and named the dearly departed off. However the last reading was different it arced around Tammy.

I filmed that as well to show everyone this because it was unusual how she would take the detector waste level then move it upwards and back down. You could see it increase when she pointed it straight up. Just moments after this I snapped a photo and caught an actual UFO nearby seriously! So its very possible that the UFO was causing the electromagnetic interference at that given time. No less paranormal activity is paranormal activity whether its ghosts, UFOs or something unexplainable.

By the time we made it back to the truck it was dark out but it turned out to be a very active investigation. Believe it or not I find that newer cemeteries are more haunted then older ones. This might be because many of the interments are newer thus their spirits might hang around for awhile in hopes of getting someone's attention. As a parapsychologist I did not have to work hard here to produce honest legitimate results!

Tammy and I would put our gear in the truck then we would head to a place called the Decker Homestead which is much more creepier at night. But it is what we wanted as it fit the whole spooky Halloween type of theme.

The Decker Homestead

We did not have to drive very far to get to the homestead. I had been here during the day just to check the property for safety. Most of the homestead is falling apart so you do have wood pieces with nails sticking up its not exactly a safe place to walk around at.

Tammy and I noticed a ball game was going on so in a way it gave us some lighting to the old ranch house which helped us move around easier.

The homestead is surrounded by large older trees its a bit eerie just to walk through all the thick foliage to get to the homestead. Not much remains on the property but the house and then a shed.

Unlike the cemetery I really did not get any high EMF readings here and keep in mind power lines run all the way down the road where this homestead is located. So that just tells you how much more energetic the entities were at the Minden Cemetery as opposed to this location.

I spent a long time on this investigation I did not just visit it to take a few photos. I instead spent time in each part of the homestead in hopes of catching something. This house is a bit odd it has a garage, utility room, kitchen and an open upstairs. Every single area had its own door or entrance nothing was connected.

The bottom half of the homestead was made of stone that was fit together you could tell it was hand crafted. This was the foundation which they tried to paint over the stone even put some wallpaper over it. I can imagine that this was not a pleasant site to have in the kitchen or living room.

The garage had a bunch of junk piled on top of one another you could tell it was one giants rats nest. It had a little window attached to it which looked into the utility room. The utility room was also the living room and it had an old hot water tank inside.

Both rooms had massive giant wood doors something you might see on a bar but not a house. The stairwell to the second story was gone I climbed up on some wood to take a peak inside. The second story was just this big giant room full of bat guano and pigeon droppings. Definitely not a safe area to enter not without mask.

The shed had a bench inside and what appeared at one time to hold a chicken coop of some kind. There was a small crawlspace some animal was up there moving around could have been anything. I thought and maybe I am wrong but I could have sworn I seen a ghostly man look at me through the broken window in the shed. It happened so face it just caught a glimpse of my eye. The shed also had a trough and two concrete barriers which may have held some sort of work bench at one time.

Half of the homestead is collapsed to make matters worst you have the entire place caving in on itself. An old for sale sign I found on the ground. In the kitchen all the cupboards were open and there was a Xmas decoration hanging behind one of the cabinets. There was also spray paint on the ceiling and piles of stone foundation blocking entrance into the homes two front rooms.

Even though the house had an old brick chimney I never did find any fire place. There was an old model home sign laying on its side out front. Debris like wood and foundation was scattered all over the property. It was apparent based on the broken bottles that this home was also the place for local kids to hang out.

Sadly everything in the home had been ransacked or stripped the only furniture I found was old mattresses, tires and things which are typical of any abandoned house. But all that remained was an empty shell and honestly it disappoints me that this historical homestead is in ruins. At one time this home probably served as a ranch back in the day that the Carson Valley was in darkness. You could only imagine that before power ran to this place the owners lived by candle light and lived mainly off the farm land which surrounds it.

I did smoke me a bowl at the end of the vacation in the shed while I ran some EVP sessions. More then the place is spooky it is a bit of a hazard however I am happy to be able to have photos of the homestead because I know in the future it is going to collapse upon itself it already is crumbling as it is.

Before I left the site I did notice a bunch of rebar hooks hanging from the ceiling in the shed that was a bit odd not sure what use they served. They may have used them hooks to hang livestock from its hard telling this property is very old. It looked as if in the 1970's they tried to modernize it a bit based on the type of cupboards I found in the kitchen.

The rest you guys are just going to have to view on our site through photos and videos. Its a down right creepy homestead and a perfect investigation to do in the month of October. The crisp air and falling leaves just added to the whole Halloween effect. For the most part I thought the homestead was peaceful I did feel watched and that is a given when you deal with old properties like this you find its owners never left.

As the founder of PGS I try to bring our viewers a variety of locations sometimes cemeteries sometimes homes other times historic sites. I mix it up allot to keep things exciting but also because we want our viewers to enjoy these places for what they are worth because someday pioneer homesteads like this will no longer exist in the west!

All in all between the Minden Eastside Memorial Cemetery and the homestead we had a full eventful night of adventure. Its not to often that you can investigate a haunted cemetery then turn around go up the road and visit a homestead from the 1800's. This is why I enjoy doing what I do we get to go to the places most people never get to see. Sure I tripped over debris at the homestead its deplorable but it is a piece of American West history and ill fall for that anytime!

I made the investigation a bit more creepier by wearing my pumpkin head mask. Tammy said it looked like something out of a horror movie. We want our viewers minds to wander we want you to feel the eeriness of such a location at the same time to enjoy the evidence, history, photos and videos. This house may have not been as active as the cemetery but at night it gets an A+ for being creepy especially when you hear old wood boards creaking and see something looking at you through a broken window makes for a fine night of investigating!
Lord Rick
PGS Founder

Profile E-mail