The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Expedition At Indian Creek Reservoir On Oct. 13th 2013
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Our Expedition At Indian Creek Reservoir On Oct. 13th 2013

This was a spontaneous investigation or one of those last minute things where I just decided to pack up the gear and head on out to a place called Indian Creek Reservoir. This is a very unique location as it is where the high desert and sierras meet so its very scenic.

But it also is not to far away from where I live so time to time I take rides up here just to get away from everything. Its a place where the fishing is good and the sunsets are epic. Being that we are in Fall all the leaves are changing colors which makes it all the more beautiful especially towards the evening when the sun hits the trees just right.

Tammy, Jarrod and I would head on off to the Toiyabe National Forest which is also home to Bigfoot at least parts of it that I know of. Being the general location of the lake it completely surrounded by the national forest and some very prominent peaks seen from miles away. The drive is very short but its extremely scenic especially if you want a taste of what the sierras is about this is a good starter location.

When you head up into the sierras towards the semi ghost town of Markleeville you veer left to get to Indian Lake just a couple miles before you get there. There is a road that takes you up and around the area so the views are beautiful from above. You can park and look at the lake below while seeing the colors of the high desert off in the distance. The views of meadows, desert, valleys, reservoir, national forest and snow covered peaks is all very lovely. From the road you can see all sorts of various natural landmarks its quite exhilarating!

My first stop would be at an old runway for smaller planes its in the middle of nowhere its pretty cool. The runway at least is around a mile in length and cuts right through the middle of the forest. This area appeared to be the victim of a forest fire nearly all the trees and brush were burnt to the ground or dead. So standing on the runway looked more like you were in an open meadow due to this factor.

As we made our way towards the reservoir we drove by a place called Curtz Lake and nearby a hiking trail. I would save the trail for when the sun went down I wanted to get some sort of Bigfoot activity. Surprisingly this area is full of campers and fishermen but not when we were up there. We had to be the only people for miles and had the entire area to ourselves.

From afar I could clearly see that the reservoir was very low there also was thousands of birds floating on the water. When we took this trail down to the reservoir we came across a snake. Tammy was like watch the dead snake. I knew it was not dead and when I approached him I moved him a little he was quite lethargic. Eventually I was able to get him to move into the woods but I bet he would have died if I did not give him that push along. Snakes hate the cold and it was getting chilly out. Afterall one of the nearby peaks was completely covered in snow.

Winter arrives early here so it cools down quickly at night. Due to the lack of snow the last two winters lakes and reservoirs like these are running dry. The water was very shallow when I arrived at the shoreline. It was down by 15' maybe even more. It was more like a pond then the lake I remember it as a few years ago.

A hawk was flying in the air while my son was pointing out all sorts of freshwater snail shells everywhere the water vanished from. Generally a lake full of fish I never once seen one jump out of the water. It was very desolate here which gave off an eerie feeling.

I found a few tracks not Bigfoot but ill tell you what they were and post them to our site. The first track was a lone hoof but it was extremely large and was the only one. Whatever made it had a man sized impression wider and bigger then my foot. The second track was a giant webbed foot some sort of bird only strange thing about it is that it took a 3' step maybe it flew a few feet but it sure was an oddity. It looked like a bird that had three foot legs leaving impressions in the sand. The third strange track I found was nothing I could identify and it was as large as my foot. But it was not that of a Bigfoot but maybe or possibly a giant bird. I know giant birds exist in the sierras hard to say what made it could be cryptid! It had a hoof like impression it was very deep and was as large as my foot.

The sun was going down quick so after my photo shoot which I always do for our viewers I wrapped it up including the gear and we headed for the Curtz Lake nature trail. By that time the moon was high in the sky and dusk was starting to set on in.

The natural trail is very hard to follow its overgrown and the Toiyabe National Forest is full of thick woods surrounding it. The trail is meant to teach others about the various species of plant life that grow along the edge of the high desert and the sierras. Most of the signs had been missing while one of them I found was mangled and twisted. It looked like something a Bigfoot like creature would do only because this location went from solitude to a place that allot of people visit in the warmer months. I do not think a human mangled that nature sign which talked about a plant named Squirrels Tail which grows in the forest..

When we made our way throughout the loop in the woods it was dark out we could not find the trail so we just cut through the woods. I did not hear or see anything strange but I did capture some sort of anomaly on one of my photos that is pretty intriguing.

When we arrived back at the truck I was really happy at how the adventure turned out. So many of the leaves are yellow and you can see patches of them growing high up in canyons. I figure that if Bigfoot can approach the high desert borders of Jobs Peak in the Carson Valley then he surely can find a meal down near this lake which is surrounded by a vast wilderness and very harsh national forest that does not give up its secrets very easily.

I look forward to putting this fall adventure onto our site its going to be something so many will cherish years to come. I am going to return here I do time to time but different times of year may reveal different types of strange finds. This is a good time of year because the reservoir is desolate there are no sunbathers or fisherman. Just allot of nature that comes down to the reservoir because it can reap the rewards of the warmth of the high desert. There really is no place like Indian Creek in the world its two ecosystems that collide making it a great area to look for creatures like Bigfoot.
Peace,
Lord Rick
PGS Founder

PS This update should be coming out tomorrow night stay tuned might get it out after my radio interview on Paranormal Connections.

Profile E-mail