The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: **NEW** Updates On Our Site "Nine Mile House Cemetery" Pony
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:57 am 
Site Admin

**NEW** Updates On Our Site "Nine Mile House Cemetery" Pony Express Country!

This cemetery really goes along with our Apple Hill trip and sad to say its a little big neglected. Your looking at a graveyard that has been pulled left and right between the county, public all the way to private owners. Burials continue to take place while the rest of the cemetery remains unattended too. I believe the Hartwick family should have rightful ownership sadly their are none as far as I can tell left to take over the place thus its being unlawfully operated. Nobody knows how many pioneers are buried here some of the interments could be right in peoples backyards and they would never know it!

No less the history to the region really goes along with this burial ground. Afterall just a couple hundred feet from this very burial ground is the old pony express route which today is still being used by public traffic. Some of you might also want to know even though we call it by its original name which is Nine Mile House the cemetery has had other names such as Hamilton, Hartwick, Crystal Springs and Camino Cemetery.  One thing I loved about this cemetery is the trees were so enormous that they actually blotched out the sun. The cemetery stays shady most of the year around so its a pretty cool place.

I invite you to check out this update which goes along with this months spooky journey by visit the link directly at www.paranormalghostsociety.org/NineMile ... metery.htm or you can go into our main page visit the archives and read the epilogue in:

Gateway 4/Portal 24

Nine Mile House Cemetery Prologue Page
Nine Mile House Cemetery Team Pictures
Nine Mile House Cemetery Family Plots
Nine Mile House Cemetery Stone Closeups
Nine Mile House Cemetery Videos
Nine Mile House Cemetery EVP Page
Nine Mile House Cemetery Report

Back in the day in the sierras when you did not have large cities you had small villages and settlements. The Nine Mile House was an Inn, Store, Blacksmith and much more to that when early emigrants came through here. They say many miners of the gold rush are buried here that includes all the ranchers names I found which all fit the local ranch names surrounding it in Apple Hill!

The next update arriving to you will be Old City Cemetery its a place I did up in Placerville which even today is one of my more favorite regions of the sierras to party at. The Placeverille area offers a rich history of mines, ghosts and a vast wilderness which surrounds it. So any burial grounds, dirt roads and historic sites all are very nice additions to our website. I am going to try to get Old City up by tomorrow or Halloween :) always something to keep everyone on their toes. Have a great night! Remember if you do not visit these updates you will not get to see these places so check them out cherish the location for what it is worth and get on in with all things paranormal!
Peace,
Lord Rick
PGS Founder
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

Profile E-mail