The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our 2nd Expedition Of Noble & Bull Lake June 22nd 2013 Night
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:33 am 
Site Admin

Our 2nd Expedition Of Noble & Bull Lake June 22nd 2013 Night Of The Super Moon!

I was so enthralled with our expedition June 15th that I had to return to this region to see what other surprises would await. What truly is unique is that this location literally resides in the middle of the Carson Iceberg Wilderness. You cannot park here to reach some of this regions most scenic mountains in the sierras it is all blood, sweat and tears.

Their is no easy way to reach these locations but when you reach your destination it always feels like a good hard earned feat. As a cryptozoologist I have come to realize that you have to think like a squatch in order to find this creature or at least evidence of it.

We would set off for the wilderness at first light as this would journey would take nearly an entire day. Our backpacks were triple their weight as we had to haul food and much needed fluids. We would drive through Wolf Creek another location we worked with last year on and yes its on the site if you want to see those expeditions.

However a back road along Wolf Creek takes you right to the edge of the Carson Iceberg Wilderness as it borders the Toiyabe National Forest. Its amazing how the ecosystems can change slightly as one region has differently carved canyons with heavy foliage all the way to granite rock formations in a conifer forest.

I spent allot of last year in the Carson Iceberg Wilderness and found good evidence that Bigfoot is in these parts. My research it is always ongoing sure I love the great outdoors and scenic views. But I also feel our research is very beneficial in educating others how important it is to preserve these lands so that these creatures can continue to thrive elusively.

Our hike would take us deep into Wolf Creek Canyon where a road takes us high above Wolf Creek to nearly 9k. The other half of it you hike through the canyon for many miles till you reach the Bull Lake Canyon. Then the elevation changes are much more steep and ongoing for nearly three miles till you reach this big open meadow. So thus their is allot of picturesque scenery, lush nature and allot of strange finds. It probably will be the best update of summer.

We would continue our hike into Wolf Canyon which is full of cliffs and some peaks that reach almost 11k. Each peak you could spend days exploring unfortunately days in the sierras can get you killed if you are not careful. In the Spring and early summer snow began's to melt in larger proportions thus many primitive trails are subject to creeks running through it. So our first couple of creeks we either had to take our shoes off or get them wet changing our socks. So anybody who hikes with me I do tell them to bring extra socks you will get muddy, wet, hot and cold all within one day.

We would cross some of the seasonal creeks as seasonal waterfalls were present everywhere which in turn flow into Wolf Creek and eventually the Carson River. Back in these parts reminded me of a lost land imagine seeing rocks in the middle of the woods larger then houses while this trail follows a big creek as you hike along this bluff in a canyon with mountains a few thousand feet above you.

I could tell we may have been the first people on this section of the trail in days maybe weeks as I had trouble finding any sort of tracks. I will admit that I found two strange tracks during my five mile stretch till I intersected with Bull Creek. The first track had a massive heel mark as dirt had dried showing me that whatever it was had a very large ankle. The second track I found had bare toe impressions and although it could have been a bear these toes were much more defined as dirt separated each impression.

I had notice this was not so much going up through Wolf Canyon but rather coming back in the evening many natural dens and caves. Some of them sat up on cliffs or very steep crowns at many peaks found throughout the canyon. Which in theory may serve as a habit for such a creature to thrive unseen for many years as very few every leave the trails to climb the dangerous cliffs in the Sierras.

Our hike was very serene started off seeing a wild canary above us in a tree to butterflies and even these fiery red wild flowers which I have only found to grow here. At times as I went through the forest I felt so small knowing their were times entire mountains were overshadowing us.

Tammy and Jarrod did quite well despite the amount of weight they carried kudos to them this was a very difficult hike. They actually stayed most of the time in front of me and I stayed back to photograph them. Also at times like a little boy I get lost in nature chasing butterflies and photographing nature. Sure I love to capture the paranormal but also were one of the very few paranormal sites that also shows a heavy interest in conservation and wildlife through our website.

Finding the Bull Lake trail would not be easy as nothing is marked out here again very primitive besides the point that nearly every creek we came across seemed to have a path to the right. We would continue to push on when we reached Bull Creek around five miles later at least.

The trail to the left pushes on through the other half of the Carson Iceberg Wilderness which I am curious to see more. To the right although hard to see we took a gamble which turned out to be the right way which is a trail that follows Bull Creek. I was not sure what we would run into as the trail to Noble Lake the week prior was washed out along a cliff with fast rushing water. I did not know if the back way in to Noble Lake would be the same since water was rushing downhill.

Luckily most of the snow had melted so Bull Creek was not to hard to cross a few times through the canyon unlike Noble Creek. Its very dangerous to cross wet rocks it takes our team allot of skill sometimes balancing other times I will have Tammy or my son take a leap of faith then I grab and pull them towards me.

The Bull Creek Canyon was very primitive very easy to lose the trail especially when you climb huge rocks and it disappears. The foliage here was very thick and the walls of Highland Peak overshadow you as you work your way through the canyon. When we were hiking in one of those primitive locations a large bird swooped down behind me Tammy seen some of it. She said it had its head tucked in was brown and over a 6' wing span. Not sure what it is she seen but when it swooped the sound it gave off quite frankly was a bit intimidating which put its size into perspective. I only caught its shadow thought it might be a Californian Condor hell maybe the legendary Thunder Bird which I do believe still exist and have not gone extinct.

Along the Bull Lake Trail their is an actual pond I could not find it I forgot to bring my GPS. While a quarter of a mile I met some Eagle Scouts with their fathers. I spent sometime talking to them and they offered me to go to the lake with them. Sure its great for strange tracks but I had to trade the lake for a big open meadow full of wild flowers, butterflies and scenery 360 degrees so it was worthwhile. Seeing Highland and Tryon Peaks reminded me of last years expedition when we did a killer expedition at Highland Lakes.

The sun was setting and although this big open meadow was like something out of a movie I was very disappointed that we would not make it to Noble Lake. The Eagle Scouts were not lying about the massive steep cliff that takes you to Noble Lake. In the dark this would be a deadly climb and during the day hours one misstep and its over.

We were nearly 8 miles from our truck the sun was going down and we were just an hour away from the Super Moon event. The Eagle Scouts did not mark their trail so I went to the right about 100' up to Bull Creek to try and find Bull Lake. Strangely when I decided to head back to the trail I came out a half of mile trailing the both of them. Not before I seen two ghost sitting against a log and talking. I was in a state of shock I was talking to them and they were ignoring me giggling. They sort of looked like Tammy and Jarrod but they were solid like you or me. When I came around the tree the ghost was gone and I devoured by this lush canyon. I had missing time here not sure how or even what happened but I felt like I was gone for an hour while Tammy said minutes it does not add up.

I did eventually traverse the trail down hill where Tammy and Jarrod were just standing talking. They thought I went crazy and delusional. But one thing people learn real quick about me is ill take you for miles in the wilderness no trail needed and you'll come home with an experience. The other thing they will learn as I am extremely meticulous in my work. Sure I party, laugh and explore if you do not enjoy what your doing then your in the wrong field. I find the evidence some people overlook the truth is out there. Despite my right knee is blown or relapsed since my operation most of the hike I had it wrapped. So I toughed it out not just the paranormal but this was a very big project which would cover 16 miles worth of hiking through various elevation changes consistently.

By the time I hit Wolf Canyon we had to cross three creeks in the dark, rock climb and work our way out of the heart of the high sierras. Every one of those peaks at sun down revealed to me caves but also most humans cannot get to those locations there are no trails just massive mountains for a few hundred miles so anything could lurk in these mountains. It does not have to be Bigfoot it could be an extinct bird found here or maybe being in the sierra triangle held up its true colors. The triangle is an area which hundreds of planes have crashed or gone missing. Today nearly 200 plane wrecks have not been found which gives you a good idea how a very strong legged Bigfoot with a keen sense of smell could survive undetected back here.

The sky was clear I was popping candy while hiking in the night. The moon was extremely bright out I have done my share of night hiking during many celestial events. I think it is important to relive our ancient routes so I do not segregate day or night when hiking. I see it as an experience one that might reveal its secrets if your not exploring the woods. At times I would hear something in the forest like once I scared a bird and it flew off. But I did not see no bears despite they can be found here the night allowed us to cool down it was a time for all of us to reflect on the days adventure.

I will say the hike was very quiet almost so quiet it was scary. The trail goes along some steep bluffs some are straight falls to your death where the creek runs below at times widening for almost a quarter of a mile across. So much foliage surrounds the creek that anything could eat brook trout or drink water at night I would not see it. All we could hear is the rushing water but the moon lit up the forest and every single peak looked like a mere shadow of thy night.

Our journey would eventually end we were exhausted, wet and we had hiked for nearly 16 hours straight minus lunch break in Wolf Canyon and Dinner at Bull Lake Meadows. Other then that we kept on trucking from morning till night and yet are journey was far from over. As their is a good 21 mile drive that takes you out of Wolf Creek and to the sierra town of Markleeville. So we would not see life for awhile and strangely two quarts of transmission fluid were missing out of my tranny. The truck was sliding backwards till it slammed into a rock. We could not get the truck to shift into drive then after putting a quart in the transmission stopped slipping. Very Very Very weird considering two weeks prior I put two quarts in and it read fine prior to the trip.

I do not have any leaks but it was like something was keeping me there the bird, strange tracks, disorientated in Bull Canyon, Super Moon and now this. The expedition took so many turns just like our first expedition here a week prior. I consider how lucky I am and counting my blessings that its been awhile since I been stranded in Timbuktu so I did not have to do the walk of shame thank goodness. 

That expedition revealed tracks and a massive area of urine everywhere. I came back from our second expedition with twice as many questions. I feel once this airs on our site you guys are going to love it. Their is a ton of scenic shots, waterfalls, wildlife, cliffs, mystery, videos etc. Both expeditions come as a package deal. Since they compare this region to the Alps snow still remains at some of the peaks and whatever lurks here is not shy about making its presence known.

When I sit in a world away from another world I see endless journeys to places man has not gone before. I can see that their are lava tubes who knows how deep. One of them looked like something was it watching me from afar. The peaks are massive full of creeks, lush forest and rock formations. You could spend years alone just exploring this wilderness I am lucky to have by now journeyed through half of it on foot. It never is a disappointed and I believe that this region is rich with paranormal.

On my journeys out west I have come to realize their is always something new to see and explore. Their is no end to how many regions I can journey through, toke at and seek out the paranormal. Last year we had great success in the Carson Iceberg Wilderness just as returning to another part of it this year really has grabbed hold of my interest.

When I met the Eagle Scouts they looked at us like we were not prepared. They even told me I should camp at the lake and hunker down for the night. But I chose my own path we hiked for miles in the night and in a way escaped a barrage of mosquitoes which are in large numbers surrounding Bull Canyon. We never know where our journeys may take us but I know one thing and that is I get to share my work with all of you. This gives us an incentive to bring everyone a journey, story and all sorts of media to enjoy it like we did.
Peace,
Lord Rick aka AngelOfThyNight
PGS Founder
Author, Talk Show Host, Investigator and Producer

PS: State tuned for later today the Devil's and Shaelor Lakes reports coming to you

Profile E-mail