The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our 4th Installment Of "American Flats" Nov. 3rd 2012
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

Our 4th Installment Of "American Flats" Nov. 3rd 2012

No other place is more exciting then American Flats as it has it all the history, mystery, adventure and its fair share of ghost that haunt it. I was not sure if we would revisit here since their are talks of demolishing the Flats which would be ashamed considering its massive size and its unique architecture.

It was nice to have a team for this investigation as Emily asked me if I wanted to go with Tim who came out last October here and enjoyed it. Tim also brought two friends along named Will and Shelby. They both did very well considering this was something new for them and I do appreciate them putting some trust into me.

Its not easy to go into a place that you know has holes and is falling to pieces. But then again it isn't easy at first uncovering the strange but overtime you realize it will come to you. Taking on the Flats would be a different ball game then last time since the place is forever mutating into something so much more.

Tim picked me up it was a fairly crisp night I had brought just in case my spotlight which was a good thing so we could find the place since it sits out in the desert with no lights in the hills. We would meet Will and Shelby at Jack In The Box then they would follow us up near Virginia City soon our adventure would begin here.

American Flats
Investigation 4

When we arrived out here we ran into some problems the back way was no officially blocked with rocks and barbed wire fencing. To top it off Tim bottomed out on a steep bump so we had to stand on the back bumper jumping up and down so Tim could back off of it.

I thought to myself the fun has already begun and were not even there. We would be stuck having to take the longer route in which is a very bumpy dirt road that takes you to the front gates. You are allowed to enter the site but you have to park a few hundred feet away and take a road heavily covered in foliage to get to the main building.

The main building is where we would show Will and Shelby around first. We did not waste much time as we went right down into the basement. I noticed the water levels were very low as a ladder faded down into a concrete pool. I also noticed allot of new graffiti particularly chrome and white spray paints had been used through the building. We found a few fresh pieces of art work other then that the main building seemed to be fully in tact.

I spent sometime alone climbing to the second story and looking at the stars through the ceiling of the 4th floor. When we went back upstairs Tim mentioned hearing what sounded like a whisper. I heard that moaning sound to it could have been Shelby talking downstairs we are not sure.

We then went into another part of the flats which is a building with multiple pools, tunnel and of course what I call the demon room. This is the same room Tim had a paint can lid land on his foot. Its the same room we captured evps before. Its also the same room where when I asked for a sign my EMF went to the highest levels multiple times.I know we are never alone in here if only I could see what it is that was with us.

This room was cold and someone came in spray painted over half of the demon with this ugly white paint. I do not think that was a good idea I know the entity that is in this room its very powerful and for some reason I could feel its anguish not with us but due to what had been done to the room.

We eventually made our way to the building that was the storage warehouse. Its split by a wall so one side was for store the other hole in the wall leads to where water probably was housed. Not much had changed here either just allot more spray paint cans and some rusted piping was bent up. I climbed the ladder 20' to look at the second floor which I have not walked up on because its hard to get onto.

There is still barbed wire surrounded most of the complex however some of it has been torn down while other parts are already rusted from being up for a year. The problem is everything here deteriorates its kind of sad as everytime I visit I see more concrete pieces that have fallen.

We spend sometime in another building that has a small circular window Tim is right its an odd building always has been. There is a crumbling stairwell that leads to the roof would not recommend walking on the roof as its very unstable. I been there and done it as it rained debris on Tammy's head the last time we visited lol.

Eventually we would have to walk across the road where it overlooks the marsh and a bunch of foundations 30' below. You have to be careful here at night there are holes and drop offs thankfully I know where all of them are but still when your taking photos one wrong step and its trouble.

We would get to the ground level at the bottom of the hill rolling under a fence at least I did with some style as if I was in a combat zone haha. We would go up onto another building which looks like a temple of columns which is actually where the cyanide was stored. Their is a tunnel with multiple holes where at one time the cyanide drained down into.

After this I showed everyone another building which is basically this long corridor that looks as if it goes on forever. We had motion sensors go off here before and when I was with Kyle last time some metal started moving on its own.

Everything seemed quiet here I was upset that someone spray painted over the American Flats art work in red, white and blue. Like I said people have to go in ruining a good thing and so if it ends up being demolished you now know why.

Our last stop would be in the tunnels this is where I gave Shelby the recorder why I climbed into a hole first dropping down. Then everyone else followed me as we took various tunnels that run under the complex. Sadly after going about five ways they either lead outside or they are dead ends. At one time they were not collapsed and the tunnels connected to the entire complex but today only a few hundred feet of them remain.

We decided to head back to the trucks we had visited all seven buildings on site and I recorded two videos including three hours of EVP sessions. Its going to take time to go through the photos and evps. Once I do they will go on our site much like this report and anything else we have collected. That is how we have always done it.

It is good to finally investigate with others generally I do so alone. For us this is ghosthunting season as the mountains are to cold and treacherous so we try to visit historic sites. We have a bunch of sites lined up were going to be checking out.

With Xmas coming up we could use some two way radios, emf detectors and a night vision digital cam. Unlike most groups I am not out for money if you donate the money then ill use it towards investigations however we also prefer others who can donate their equipment to us. That way I can use it for safety, evidence and collect media for our site.

It was all in all a good night nobody got hurt we were all a bit cold. I made everyone laugh as I hung from a beam wearing my scream mask and stuck my face between a broken pillar. I showed Tim on the way home some places I been to and we talked about doing another couple of cool places that I been wanting to return to.

It was nice chilling with Will and Shelby as they worked out very well with the group plus Will had a kick ass light which was brighter then even mine. I do not use allot of light so it helps when others bring a flashlight. Not allot of activity happened but you could feel some cold spots and certain places just had that stuffy feeling like something was in the room with you.

I know we probably will return again this place in my opinion is one of the most haunted but yet only the locals know about it so its a jewel for us and one day may not exist. I took photos of all the new graffiti while I was here as well and look forward to November 17ths investigation before Thanksgiving. We will be cooking up something special for our fans and friends alike!

Allot of people go in places expecting to see a ghost or for something to happen. But it doesn't always that is why I do not agree with these paranormal shows. I know when nothing happens the staff including producers tell the investigators what to do, how to act and if that means faking something to get the ratings they do it. However I see ghost and strange things because I do a higher volume of investigations so the more we continue to explore this place the better chance we have of gathering evidence and seeing different things each time.
peace
Lord Rick

Profile E-mail