The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Investigation Of The Gardnerville Historic Cemetery.....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Our Investigation Of The Gardnerville Historic Cemetery.....Oct. 28th 2012

October for us was the slowest month we had in years I am afraid with gas prices rises and not having any donations coming in that at times investigations will be reduced. However no matter what the situation may be I still was able to put out this wonderful historic cemetery that I have been wanting to investigate for nearly two years.

Most of you will be glad to know that I have full recovered since my injuries at the end of September although it took sometime I am ready to get back into the swing of things. Sometimes its good to let your wounds heal something I did not do for 6 months and my ankle was purple that entire time almost.

As you know October is an important month its the time of the year our site gets the most hits but also we get the most volunteers for various projects. Since this was a small investigation we opened up our prologue to it by touring the cemetery during the day hours and at night. Id like to return in the middle of the night perhaps next year to take EMF readings.

It was one of those nights the moon was out bright and black cats were roaming around. I took both of my sons since they wanted to go ghosthunting. What can I say I run a family business lol!:) for sure!

When I arrived at the cemetery it was just getting dark you could hear dogs barking the entire cemetery is nearly surrounded by homes including someone who wants to join our team. I am sure some of the locals have stories afterall the cemetery is very old and faces everyone's backyard downtown.

Although its not a very large cemetery there is a veterans section, historic section then some of your recent graves surrounding the west end of the cemetery.

When we arrived there were kids skateboarding here and towards the back of the cemetery my son seen a couple friends he knew from school. I am guessing the cemetery is a local hangout for kids which is fine as long as nobody is causing any vandalism then I have no need to subdue someone lol.

Its always been a tradition that any investigations we do in October we dress up for Halloween so all of us did. I know some of you might think hey this guy is nuts but really we try to stick to the themes to make it fun for the kids who visit our website.

I mainly focused our investigation on photography and EVP's. I generally have gotten really good at recording ghostly voices do not get me wrong other pieces of evidence have to be held accountable also during our investigations.

The first time I visited here two years ago every grave was under the snow so this time around I could go in and read some of them. Surprisingly their was a Dangberg Plot which were some of the earliest pioneers in the Carson Valley which later developed the town of Minden. If you remember we did investigate the Ranch which turned out to have minor paranormal activity.

The cemetery is not very large about two acres and four aisles we must have went up and down them about six times a piece to be thorough. I found allot of plots surrounded by wrought iron including a stone monument about 12' tall and a weathered stone angel.
Our Investigation Of The Gardnerville Historic Cemetery.....Oct. 28th 2012

My son seen a black cat run through the cemetery I felt a few patchy cold spots but all in all I really cant say this is haunted. The cemetery was on our list of places to investigate since we relocated to the valley so we want to make sure were thorough where we are based.

I wish we had an EMF detector the problem is previous they all been blown up by entities stronger then what its been able to withstand so please consider donating to us one if you really want to help.

My one did sit alone on a bench near a fresh plot under a tree while we finished the last part of the investigation off. He says I am not scared ill wait here well sure enough after 5 minutes he came running. My kids told me they felt the place was pretty peaceful and I have to agree. When you have a full moon illuminating the way its beautiful but it doesn't make it haunted.
Peace,
Lord Rick

Profile E-mail