The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Amazing Expeditions At Jobs Peak "Monsters In The Woods"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Our Amazing Expeditions At Jobs Peak "Monsters In The Woods" SPECIAL!

Since my relocation near Tahoe I have traversed some of the most beautiful country along Americans most pristine and prestige mountain ranges. No other peak is more dominant in the eastern Sierras then the Jobs peak area. You can say I have given a part of my soul because I spent the last few weeks ONLY working on this project. Each summer we do a series of special monster expeditions they are not pretty I get dirty in my work and even sometimes hurt trying to conquer places where man has not stepped in centuries thus making them prime locations for Bigfoot activity.

When you view Jobs peak from the desert generally most of the year it is snow capped and you really cannot make out details of the mountain. However approaching it you realize its very well wooded, flowers grow everywhere and their are rock formations all over the place. Its also a prime spot for viewing the entire Carson valley. Although their are many hiking trails the mission or goal of Jobs peak is to go to places people have not seen or been before.

The eastern sierras are a world of its own I live near Tahoe, Genoa, Yosemite etc these are jewels so Jobs peak for our society is just another memorable place we can talk about to our supporters for years to come. My first investigation of Jobs peak would come with the signing of our newest investigator Dave. Actually Dave lives practically a mile from me I guess that is the nice thing about small town life is that its a real tight knit community. People know who I am and my work is an inspiration for them as not even the locals really understand what is up in those woods.

I had always suspected that Bigfoot would use the canyons that traverse right over Jobs peak and eventually into the Desolation Wilderness where many sightings occur each year. I always thought to myself that this is a creature that can come down to the mountain seek out food enjoy the creek that flows through the canyon alone this majestic mountain and probably look down on the small towns below.

The reason I have waited to post my reports is that I was waiting to complete my trilogy although this year we have done three expeditions one in June and two in July I think my final one I do may take place with a full out climb to the peak. I have hiked around the peak and in the canyons exploring to try to understand the region better. I am amazed with each expedition as the evidence that we collected does possibly prove their are monsters in the woods. So our journey would began here and I have a feeling their will be no closure.

Jobs Peak
Expedition 1
June 6 2012

Dave came around to pick me up it was nice because generally I do so much driving after awhile its great to see someone else do what they can for the group. We were both excited although we had no idea of where we would hike or go it had to be based on some luck, instinct and outdoor knowledge.

Dave and I spent some of our time on the Lonesome trail which led us to a small cemetery in the woods. It is Washoe burial grounds no disrespect we only wish to connect with the dearly departed. Thus I made sure I took some EVP's and was pretty disgusted at how bad in shape the burial ground is. Most of the graves are just lumps of dirt with some metal plates while debris is just scattered all over.

Behind the cemetery was a small hill we climbed up it and started heading to the granite cliffs. I thought higher up I seen a den good place to start so we started our climb. Their is no easy way to climb Jobs peak if you climb it from the front its tedious and very steep. If you climb it from the canyon it is a much longer hike.

We would work our way up a small hill where we found a deer path with allot of deer tracks. Near a dead tree their were branches Dave pointed out that were broke. Something that broke these branches was big and it was tall its just obvious. Below those branches we found a set of large tracks about 7 inches wide by about 14 to 15 inches long. It looked like whatever stood here used the path to hunker down under the tree and pick off deer.

This was our first sign that maybe something of unknown origin roams the mountain side. We were in unknown country the front of this mountain is built with sheer cliffs and decomposed granite. I never climbed decomposed granite let me just say its the most challenging thing. Not only is the ground crumbling while your shoes fill with grainy small sharp rocks but everytime you pull yourself up to a new ledge the rocks just break apart. We came close to falling and getting hurt we had to make sure each stride up was done with vigilance.

Dave and I made some good time we nearly made it to the peak in a couple hours crazy I know considering how big of a mountain this is. This was my first time seeing views of the Carson Valley like this besides on the Kingsbury Grade but being on a road traveling by car and actually hiking above the world are really two separate things.

We eventually would make our way down a very lush woodsy canyon we had to do allot of ass sliding their was no way to gain footing making such a steep descent. At one point we ended up sliding down a dead end with a cliff I was hanging on a tree Dave was laying on his back I couldn't help but to laugh it was like the Cheech and Chong of Bigfoot hunting. Granted we toked some herb its a tradition on all our investigations and has been for many years so I was just LMAO the entire time. Especially when Dave came out of the woods on another ledge and pretended to be the Kool Aide man that took the cake I laughed nearly for 10 minutes.

We had a good time but after looking for caves and prints it would be time to find a feasible way down. We would find a very hidden area of Jobs peak no humans ever traverse to make our decent. We made a very massive discovery based on the decision to go down here in this wooded area. Dave and I found over fifty 17" perhaps almost 18" tracks. They were pressed down heavily into the ground to a degree that all the pine needles were pushed in an outward motion. They dead ended at a bunch of deer tracks then vanished which means based on the tracks we found something came down this canyon grabbed itself a deer and went back up into the sierras it was dead obvious and a discovery that prompted me to come back a couple more times to really open the case of do Monsters in the woods roam the Jobs peak area?

Dave and I would eventually hike back to the cemetery I would do an investigation of it as I try to mix in a bit of ghost with the work that I do. You can call yourself a paranormal investigator but your not one if your not versatile with various paranormal interest.

After the investigation I had realized I tore a huge hole in the ass of my pants and that I lost one of my two way radios. I guess sometimes you have to make sacrifices on these expeditions. The radios are for safety of my crew losing one really is going to hurt us right now but it could have happen sliding and climbing some of the sheer cliffs of Jobs peak hard to say.

It was a hard hike for me I had hurt myself in Yosemite really bad so my ankle was purple and the size of a softball. I had wrapped it and each step I took was so painful. I am amazed I hiked as much and climbed as I did. Sometimes you do what you gotta do no pain no glory as they say. I was trying to strengthen it which Jobs peak will test your limits that I know.

All that I knew is I could not way to return a couple more times to see what waited to be discovered next and by our third expedition I knew for sure something strange surrounds this part of the eastern sierras. Whether its a Bigfoot, Wildman, Monster or whatever it was obvious that what we found is not humanly possible. I tried to replicate the tracks couldn't do it and we took feasible measurements with photos. On with our second expedition only this one would take place at night.

Jobs Peak
Expedition 2
June 30 - July 1st 2012

I wanted to get a taste of traversing this mountains trails at night and I have to say it was a great investigation. At night however its harder to uncover tracks therefore what you look for is movement and eyes in the woods since Bigfoot is a nocturnal creature. Tammy and I just got done doing some fishing then we went straight from the lake to going hiking the adventure just is endless in this region.

Little did I know I would spend about 7 hours hiking in the night hence my nickname AngelOfThyNight because very few people enjoy the whole night hike thing. I do because I love the stars and the mystery of it all.

The hike into the woods would not be easy you have to understand that its a transition from high desert into alpine forest thus it starts of with sage brush and allot of sand. Hiking through sand is a real pain in the ass its hard on the ankles and feet.

In order to even make it to the woods its a good mile in so our adventure hadn't really started yet even. All the stars were out nearly a full moon it was a warm night and so the elements of finding something strange were there. Hell not even an ounce of wind transpired so it was good hiking.

When I crossed the tree line something ran I cant say what it was but it sounded bipedal I never felt so watched before. I brought this time a spotlight shined it never seen a thing yet it sounded right on top of me and Tammy was much further back.

We would do an extensive hike overlooking the Carson Valley at night. So many homes lit up all the small towns lit up man it doesn't get any better then this. We would hike up to the Jobs Peak Ranch trailhead for a couple miles. The trail would go up and down eventually to these rock formations the size of houses. Speaking of houses their were many large homes just a couple hundred feet below us. I bet these people have stories to tell having Bigfoot in their backyards hell they might not even know it.

We would break on the Lonesome trail overlooking the town below have a midnight drink and snacks. Our investigation would be far from over as I had plants to take two more trails one being the Luther Creek Spur the other being the Interpretive loop which goes on about the history to the region.

Believe it or not Jobs peak is a historical site at one time their was a massive saw mill on the creek and even a homestead. The homestead site is not visible today but their is a plaque and the saw mill site is not around but their is one remaining wood remnant along the spur that I did find. Not only that but at one time a shootout occurred here someone was killed as surrounding Jobs peak a small community has always existed dating back tot he 1800's so not only do you have the native American all the way to early pioneer history but you also have the whole aspect of a vast wilderness surrounding you.

Tammy and I would do a night investigation of the Washoe Cemetery it was quiet back here but I wanted to show her and also take some EVP. I was also testing out my new camera since the old one was damaged up In Yosemite so the cemetery would be a good way to do this.

Traversing the spur trail was interesting we could hear the rushing water of Luther creek and at times I would cut through the little animal paths and heavy brush just to look for evidence along the creek. The creek is not like your average creek it flows very fast and flows through the trees its odd. You could have trees growing right in the middle of it and its hard to get back here.

Eventually we found a path with a bench over near the old saw mill site so we took a second break I smoked a cigar another tradition of mine. If your going to hike a cigar, toke and beer are all great celebrations. I had hoped to hear something strange but the creek is rather loud back here and their are rapids.

Tammy and I would finish the interpretive loop by retracing our steps so far the hike was peaceful not to say nothing was out there because at night these creatures have an advantage unless you carry a thermal gun. I took photos of all the plaques on the loop and then did some tree banging. Tree banging is a technique we use to lure Bigfoot in sometimes it works if they are close by.

Sadly I climbed up a hill to a tree and on my way down walking some pine needles made me slip. My ankle popped and everything that was healed up was resprained in a matter of a second. I rolled down the hill multiple times and was in so much pain all I could do is just grin and bare it. I told Tammy regardless we would finish what we started so again I walked over to a tree had her run the cam while I tree banged.

As we worked our way down the upper loop I did two bigfoot calls sitting down all my gear. All of sudden something walked toward us. In a scurry I grabbed my spotlight hoping to catch a glimpse of the beast that is making the tracks at Jobs peak and face to face was a deer. Which proves to me not only is their plenty of food to sustain such a creature but also a constant fresh water source as well.

By the time we reached the truck the sun was almost up their was that same truck parked near ours there when we returned. This time a guy gets out begging for a cigarette Tammy smokes I told the guy no though as I didn't want him getting near us. The guy then says to me are you sure you do not have one so then I knew something was up so I grabbed my gun and said to him again NO.

I know that the guy was bad news period I could hear it in his voice and when your out at night in seclusion you have to be careful. Every year thousands of couples, adults and kids turn up missing. If not missing jacked, robbed and even assaulted. I would not give him any excuse to come near us he tried though and I pushed back.

When the sunrise came up I drove away from the mountain took some scenic shots of Jobs peak then we went for breakfast. Jack in the box was not open so we had to settle for McDonalds I guess after all night of hiking that it tasted pretty damn good lol. We would then make the preparations to complete a third journey nearly only a week later where we would take things up a notch.

Jobs Peak
Expedition 3
July 6th 2012

Our third expedition would be one of the most critical as we would venture much further then ever before. I was lucky enough to share this with my son Jarrod he is a great young cryptozoologist. Honestly a much better hiker then any adult I have ever had on my team and he helps carry supplies to without ever once whining. The wonderful thing about these expeditions is that I have been able to share them with Dave, Tammy and Jarrod. Everytime I have gone up here its been with someone new so everybody has done there part to help out with this ongoing project.

Jarrod and I would take some scenic photos then we parked up at the trail head. It was early morning and already the temperatures were becoming critical. I think these record temps are occurring all over their is not many cool places anymore in the United States. Although we seen some pretty nice lizards sunbathing I really hate the sun.

Hiking for me was hard my ankle was still in allot of pain I wrapped it and was doing okay as long as I didn't exert it or hurt it on something which I did of course. We would hike along two new areas one being the Jeffrey Pine trail the other being the grand loop. The grand loop has a very overgrown unmarked trail you can take it dead ends then what you do from their is at your own fate.

When we were hiking we found some large impressions but none other stood out then a 15" print we found in the sand with toes. Their were four toes very visible the pinkie toe was not based on the ankle of the print we assume that the ground was to hard to record the 5th toe. Whatever made the print it was fresh meaning less then a day old and large. I doubt it was a barefoot human with a massive foot walking around either.

We did run into a cute blonde on the trail with a golden retriever she smiled at me said hi. I am telling you their is something about hiking in the wilderness and coming across a hot chick lol. It never gets old ill hike any day if it means checking out a nice ass jogging on a trail lol.

Jarrod and I would hike onto the grand loop sure the views were good we were in Luther canyon so it overlooks the valley below. I could hear far away the rapids of the creek however what sucked is it lacked trees thus we were roasting to early in the investigation.

We were hiking in a canyon that separates Jobs peak from another massive peak to our left. I would make it a goal to stand on the peak to the left. The jobs peak climb will take place later this year when its cooler probably or next year since its one of the tallest in the region. However the mountain to the left is not as tall but its so steep that it takes a few hours alone just to get to the top of it. Their are no trails just rock formations, fallen trees and heavy brush for a couple thousand feet.

The terrain would become more tedious allot of hills and switch backs climbing up along Jobs peak in the canyon. Sometimes it would be easy to lose the trail as it was overgrown although after hiking a couple miles Jarrod and I made the decision to cut to our lefts this mean leaving the trail and going into unknown country.

Their is this brush that grows here that took us a long time to work our way through. At least 400' worth with very little room in between each one. A few times I got cut up but our goal was to make it to Luther Creek where we could maybe photograph some falls.

Making our way through the brush was the least of our problems what was even stranger is in an open area where the brush ended we found to large tracks. Its like something also walked through the brush stepped out onto the soft dirt then vanished without a trace. Its just odd ill leave it at that its obvious this is not made for humans.

When we met up with the ravine we could hear the creek below but it was to steep and a few times I nearly fell into the ravine. You had allot of loose soil along the edge and rocks. My son stayed up higher I did not so I had a harder time traversing it till we found an area to cut down to the creek.

When we made it to the creek we had to cross it I hoped this time not to fall in as I did up in Yosemite and we were successful. However now we were in a heavily wooded area on a steep bank that went for hundreds of feet up to a peak we couldn't no longer see the top of. My goal was to follow the impressions to see where they would lead I felt we were on a pretty good track.

Across the creek we found a random stool sample it was large and broken off. I also found some impressions near by and about 30' from that another pile of stool only this time it was a large pile and both looked similar. The stool was black so whatever it is has allot of iron in their blood stream. It also did not contain any hair most mountain lion stool has hair in it because they are carnivorous so we thought this was unusual. I did put the stool samples in plastic bags and hopefully can get a university to test them eventually.

Nearby we found a torn up log its possibly Bigfoot scratches wood to keep his nails trimmed I do not know but Jarrod closely inspected the bark found two hair follicles. Again we tried to save those for DNA testing whether someone wants to do it that's another story.

At this point all we had left is to keep climbing to the peak that was one of the hardest climbs I think I ever done. There was just so much brush, rocks and soft sand my shoes kept filling on up. I knew this mountain would be a pain as when you look at it from the canyon it looks like its straight up but in reality its just a very steep all hands and knees climb.

Our climb began to reveal great views of the Carson Valley and Jobs peak across from Luther canyon. We could see over the tree tops. I mean for photography this is worth the hike and we get to share it with our fans its the part they like the most is that awesome scenery. Jarrod and I also rock collect and we photograph wildlife. We also photograph insects and wildflowers their was plenty to take pictures of including a squirrel that was playing with us.

Eventually we would make it on the peak a few times we thought were at the top but it was a deception just another hill built into the side of the mountain. There was no end to the mountain but ill tell you when we arrived at the peak it was AWESOME! Unlike most peaks which are small and constrained this one is about a quarter mile by a quarter mile.

We found some really old large trees up their to some of the largest I seen in this region along with views of the towns below, entire Carson Valley and even Indian Lake. Jobs peak was just across this massive canyon it was a good hike because I could finally see what I was up against if I were to climb it and where I would climb up. I do believe I found a way up the mountain so this hike was necessary in order to get a better idea.

Jarrod and I would take scenic photos with each other and have dinner at the peak. It was only a few hours till sunset quite frankly I thought we would be done but the hike took longer then expected. Jarrod found what looked like some old cloth up at the peak. We believe it native American in origin that was the only sign that humans had ever been up here seriously. My son a few weeks ago found in Genoa an arrow head and he found gold he is a meticulous kid and trust me he saved my ass climbing because my ankle was torn up bad.

The peak was not paranormal in anyway although I will say we did find a couple small caves and dens near the peak those are good locations to search. None of them contained anything out of the ordinary but will add it to our caves section of our site with this update when it arrives on out.

Jarrod and I would have to have to carve a new path off the mountain going back the same way was to steep to dangerous. I celebrated by smoking a cigar and drinking a brew. Not like it mattered my body was dripping I lost all my fluids before I even made it to peak. Lately my body does not do well out in the sun however Jarrod doesn't drink allot and he never is thirsty. I guess getting old sucks I have to drink 5 times more then him and sadly because we lack team members we cant carry as much supplies.

We started to hike down the front of the mountain instead of into Luther Canyon. It wasn't to bad at first we could actually walk it via foot. Then we came across an area full of Mercury rocks and massive formations which led us into a deep wash/canyon that comes down the front of the mountain out into the Carson Valley.

The problems really began when we went down into the wash. Picture millions of thistle and thorn bushes along with small sharp rocks. Then try to envision thousands of giant logs with sharp branches that are protruding upward and could gore you anytime.

Its amazing how something can go so good in the wilderness and it only takes a minute for it to go wrong at an instant. I was having a really rough time as brush snagged my ankles causes me to fall over and over. At one point I fell 15' on loose rocks my ankle snapped all the way back thought I broke it. At another point I fell straight and was stabbed in the ribbed by this sharp object on the end of the handle to my knife. What really did me in is that I ended up hitting my knee on a sharp rock I had blood running from my knee to my ankle. The same knee I cut on "Haunted Highway" while doing my own investigation during the production.

I was in bad shape my fluids were out I had a little beer so wet my mouth which didn't even help lol. All my powerades were gone and it took nearly three hours of hiking down this wash moving one step at a time due to the poor traction. What really took the cake is that my foot became stuck and I tumbled fast first onto a log banged my entire head on it full force. I seen stars and was dizzy after that my son was worried about me and tried to help me down the rest of the way.

There is nothing pretty about looking for Bigfoot but the great views. I know that their is no pretty way off mountains without trails either. You just sometimes hike down without incident and other times a rock gives away you tumble and it hurts like hell.

Jarrod and I still like troopers did finish the investigation with a bang. We found four more dens as the sun was going down possible areas where Bigfoot could seek shelter. Near one of them we found deer antlers they were bloody Tammy told me it could be from the marrow. Their was a piece of the skull attached to the horns their was no other bones at the scene. The deer may have shed them or something attacked the deer because generally the antlers are a weapon. I heard bigfoot will grab the horns to snap a deer's neck it was obvious these were torn right off the animals skull and their was no deer remains at all period. Jarrod wanted the antlers I let him take them home. This kid hiked miles with them in his hand down this wash never seen such dedication lol.

Eventually we would nearly reach the open high desert where the tree line starts. I have to say we heard behind us all the way up the canyon movement and branches breaking. My son turned around seen a dark figure standing behind us then when he told me to look it was gone. I do not know if it was bigfoot a ghost or just a figment of his imagination but he told me he was scared and he doesn't say that often to me. We pulled out a flash light at this point as we had to cross open desert to the road.

I have to say it was hard to see anything at this point just pitch black and brush everywhere. Their were animal paths and areas we could follow between the brush. My legs were cut up horrible from the canyon I had to just ignore it suck it up like a man. Everytime my leg was cut on brush in the canyon or in the open desert I ignore it as I could feel the stinging and blood. Jarrod is more agile and smaller so he never fell or had problems going through smaller areas of the brush however I was snagging everything.

I had called Tammy for a pick up along the road we were miles from where the truck was parked and we just needed to get some 711 Pepsi and smoothies end of story lol. In the forest of sage brush we found a skeleton I cant say if it was of a bear or a cattle I took a brief video and two photos. The bones were scattered the vertebrae were half buried under sand. It was large but more bear sized then a cow. It could have been a younger one but my question is why would cattle roam below the canyon where their are mountain lions. I mean wouldn't that defeat the purpose? It was obvious something feasted on these bones again they were scattered some bones were gnawed on in half. It was dark out we couldn't see much and it was time for the monsters in the woods to come out.

We finally made it to the road moments later Tammy showed up took us to the truck. That dude was hanging around in his pick up again I do not like him and may have to contact the sheriff about it locally. Somebody living in there truck near a trailhead or scoping out hikers sounds to me like bad news and its not normal behavior especially with me going up here often.

Jarrod and I ran to 711 man we were thirsty I didn't realize all my wounds till I got home. That's when I realized that the cramps bruised my muscles, my ankle was huge like an elephant, bruised ribs, a banged up face, probably over 40 lacerations and some dehydration. It took me nearly all weekend just to recover alone from thirst and soreness. Now its time for everything to heal up for the next adventure which will be in about two weeks at 9000' up in the iceberg wilderness where its definitely 20 degrees cooler lol. Ill be camping for a few days to conduct research in an area that's gorgeous.

The investigation was very productive although I ripped another pair of shorts and I am hurting I have no regrets. That's what happens when you slide down steep terrain you either lose your shorts or a piece of your ass lol. We had allot of great evidence come out of this previous expedition and it will also help benefit us for a climb to the top of Jobs peak eventually. It is obvious that something is making the prints and living in this region overlooking all the residents of Carson Valley just a few miles away. It is obvious that their are three different size tracks we have found so their is more then one Bigfoot probably up here. I cannot disclose the exact locations of the tracks because television production crews seem to enjoy to steal my work then making money off it so all I will say is the eastern sierras near Jobs peak which is a massive area lol. But I know where the locations of the evidence we found which means were doing all the right things. Jarrod really stepped up and I am proud of him its amazing how my son can do all this yet we cant find a team of investigators. People miss out on some of the best stuff you cannot see the strange unless your willing to take a few risk and chances.

I look forward to putting this update onto the site I can tell you their are over twenty movies some are very long and well worth watching. We have allot of scenic, nature and evidential photography as well. This update will probably be the top Bigfoot investigation of 2012. I believe something monstrous is up along the eastern sierras maybe it watches from afar but based on the expeditions I can see why it has remained elusive for so long and knowing it has a plentiful food supplies their is another calories for something to sustain itself here. For now ill be working on the Yosemite updates and then Jobs peak will be up on our site so state tuned. Reports are subject to change and rendition this is only a rough draft! We are safe and well on the road to recovery living to tell our fans of another adventure. peace
Lord Rick
PGS Founder

Profile E-mail