The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Awesome Bigfoot Adventure In Hot Springs Canyon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

Our Awesome Bigfoot Adventure In Hot Springs Canyon 1st Jaunt Of 2012!

First and foremost let me just say that we hope to continue our success into 2012 with some really great Bigfoot field research. In 2011 we did quite well on some of our expeditions so we want to carry that over this year building off of that momentum. I am more then sure this is a creature that exist this is why I have devoted a part of my life to finding it. Unlike allot of other cryptozoolgist I like to take the impossible and make it possible so nearly with every case we get closer to our goal of actually coming face to face with one of these beasts.

This exploration goes beyond awesome it was very special in many ways. It is our first Bigfoot exploration here in 2012 but its also a very unique one. Normally this time of year snow engulfs the sierra mountain range. Some of the snow can be easily 20 plus feet deep. However this years winter has been mild perhaps this is due to the fact that last winter the snow did not melt till September lol. This year however there is no snow allowing our team to get passage into places normally man cannot get to in a month like Jan.

I live nearly on the Californian border so I work allot there and here in NV which is the most mountainous region in the country making it a good area to explore. The area I will be taking most of you on in this journey is a place called Hot Springs Canyon. It is home to three 10,000' peaks which surround the canyon, two hot springs, waterfalls, lake, dens, caves and multiple creeks. Anotherwards its a paradise for something such as a Bigfoot to traverse through. There are many inactive volcanoes surrounding this region of the sierras some of them have formed even hot springs and natural caves.

As much as I wanted to get this report out on Jan. 7th 2012 I had fallen quite ill when I made it back home at night. Today I am finally feeling alive however I may have played a bit to much in a Bigfoot track then had some snacks later on during the investigation which made me possibly sick its hard to say. Alls I know is that I looked like death swarmed over me the past few days lol. Maybe I caught some bacteria or something fungal from playing like a boy in his sand box in this case I ran my hands inside the impressions we found.

I wanted to make this a truly special adventure not only due to the fact its our first trip of the new year but the area is rather unique. At one time early ranchers made there lives in these valleys in the sierras. You can nearly park and hike anywhere in this case I would take us up into a canyon with only one way in and one way out with nearly six hours of daylight if that.

I parked up at Grover Springs there were all sorts of people swimming as the steam rose above. I also found at the top of the hill a hole in the ground where a plume of steam was rising. When I looked further I could see bubbles and water seeping through the ground. The water was nearly 150 degrees it felt good to warm my hands on up in it. From atop of the hill was a lovely back drop of Hawkins Valley and Peak.

I was uncertain what awaited us but I knew once I passed an old homestead crossing the wooden bridge it would not take long before we were engulfed by a lush forest in the middle of January. Our journey would truly began here as I hiked with a cup of Joe in my hands, shotgun on my back, back pack of gear and a lifetime of memories.

Hot Springs Canyon
(Monsters In The Woods)

From the beginning of the hike I was eager to film allot of movies at this location. Little did I know that later on as the hike would progress those movies would turn into documenting some strange finds. I honestly didn't care if I ran into Bigfoot I just felt grateful that here it is in the middle of winter and I was hiking at over 6000' on up with beautiful blue skies.

When I went over that bridge I seen a small narrow path which took me right on into the canyon. The canyon is about a mile to mile and half wide. It continues to narrow for a few miles till you reach walls of granite rock. When I say granite rock I mean there are some back here as big as some of your houses. You would never see such formations unless you were to traverse deeper into the back of the canyon.

There was some icy sheets on the trail as this canyon is very wet with what I believe is two to three creeks that run throughout it meandering over some of the hiking trails. One could per say get turned around very easily here unless you know your directions well.

The first creek was merely trickling while other parts of it had small rapids. Just as the trail certain points of the creek were covered in ice. I would eventually trust mother nature and give it a test which held my wait barely but still safe enough to cross.

Tammy was just on the journey I guess to go nature walking so she ended up not seeing some of the locations that I managed to climb up to with Jarrod. My son Jarrod is 10 years old and he takes a huge interest in Bigfoot. I make my friends laugh all the time when I tell them my son can outdo them because he has by far been one of my best assistants in the sierras since I moved to this region. But having others to help carry food, drinks, gear etc helps and makes the hike allot more pleasant. Otherwise id be in the woods conversing with the dead and then I might scare other hikers lol.

The first set of tracks I found were very unusual along one of the less visited creeks in this canyon. We were really not on the trail anymore this looked more like an animal path that sat between the creek and the steep mountain side to our left. Sure I seen a few sneaker prints in the dirt no big deal however amongst them were two deep barefoot tracks. I did not want to discount them thus they were measured and filmed. Next week I will be revealing the finds publicly as they were rather unique. This would not be the only evidence we uncovered however.

The first set of tracks measured around 12" more then likely an adolescent Squatch and one of them revealed really good toe impressions. The soil on the trail was very hard as this time of year the ground is frozen since low temperatures persist this time of year in the sierras. These tracks were deep and dirt was pushed upward from within the tracks. This would mean whatever was walking through here had allot of weight within its strut. The tracks were fairly wide and what was unusual is that there were only two. It almost looked like whatever made this was traveling the creek came upon an obstacle only to step up onto the creeks trail causing them. Then it may have stepped up onto some of the granite rocks making you wonder how heavy this creature had to be to cause such a deep impression compared to the barely visible human sneaker prints. A young couple passed by as my son measuring the prints when he made a "looking for bigfoot" comment to us so its obvious some of the locals are aware of sightings in this region. Then again the tracks were a dead obvious.....think about it.....two deep large barefoot tracks in the middle of winter lol!

After the first find I had no choice but to get deeper into the canyon and of course Rome was not built overnight so it would take time to do this. Nightfall was only a couple hours away and the temperatures would continue to drop. I am however fortunate to live so close to this place that I could go up here for a picnic any day of the week lol.

I made our way past the tracks this is where the trail became confusing as it crossed the creek thus I never seen it due to ice cover. I came across a giant wall of granite ahead of me and it was steep. I made my way along the rocks then was stuck with no choice but to go up a 12' cliff. When I stood on top I chuckled to myself on how I wish I could throw a banana near them then make gorilla sounds beating on my chest but then again they know me to well. I directed Jarrod a safer way to meet me where we would rock climb up and around where we could continue to follow this creek. Since I found tracks along it obviously was my main focus.

Tammy ended up crossing the creek and going on her own nature walk thus we would not see her for about an hour after this. Although the canyon is not very wide I spotted multiple trails that just dead end. Its a jungle out there all due to the minerals that supply nutrients to the plant life growing along its springs and creeks. Finding Tammy however would be easier then finding whatever made the tracks so we would have to ensure this case by trying to gather more evidence for future expeditions in this canyon.

Jarrod and I crossed a sheet of ice all of sudden coming up onto this giant rock bigger then my house as we hiked a little further up the canyons hilly ground. We were standing at a higher point dead center in the canyon nearly making me feel a little smaller lol. There was also very little soil here as the ground had allot of granite here not a great place for tracks but perhaps a great rest stop. The foliage grew less where the ground was rocky so we could use this area as a look out point per say if Bigfoot were to come up or down the creek below.

The canyon seemed to have allot of little paths they may serve some purpose for a creature such as Bigfoot at least from what I learned about this location. As we were breaking on one of those animal paths where some earth was found between the granite rock where I stood for awhile at wondering what our next move should be.

Anyhow I was examining the rock formation and looking westward into the canyon. It was obvious that the deeper in the canyon we traversed the higher we were climbing if we were to continue. All I could see for over a mile both directions was a dense forest with an eternal feeling of silence.

I thought it was strange how Tammy could not hear or see me yet we probably were only a couple hundred feet apart at the time. I thought by this time she would have met me back around but then realized that she might be like us on a totally different path. At times the giant rocks put an end to such paths and like us we did our fair share of rock climbing to find flatter ground just as Tammy probably was doing. As from what I learned the dirt paths are the best places to seek out tracks based on our earlier find. However by this time it was obvious something big lurks this canyon so I was a bit worried about Tammy.

Jarrod had called me over to take a look at something. Quite frankly, I had stepped near the impressions a couple minutes ago but was to busy trying to figure out why my HD cam was dying rather then examining them. I wanted to turn on the cam then walk up to them but I couldn't get it to stay on so I decided to check out the tracks that Jarrod was studying. All we could both say is wow of course I shouted so loud my joy could probably be heard by the people swimming in the springs miles away lol. I was however upset that I charged my cam battery all night and it died so quickly that was a first.

The giant tracks were the gold of our adventure because these tracks were monsterous and in an area that gets very little human activity within this canyon. Jarrod knew immediately what these tracks were after I examined them I came to the conclusion that whatever made them was big. The ground was very frozen yet whatever stepped down had enough way to make not only a deep impressions but a very large one. There were two tracks which sat adjacent from one another by a few feet as if something implanted its left foot with more weight while the right foot wasn't as deep of an impression. The two tracks ended right at some hard rocky ground at the end of this animal path where this giant granite rock of 15' in height by 40' in length blocked its path. I did run a few test I could not duplicate the prints and based on the depth of the prints it was obvious that whatever made them was a minimum of 700lbs at least. The thing that created the tracks stepped down so hard that the caked soil was thrown in ever direction as the massive pressure forced it in every direction.

I had realized that Tammy missed an awesome discovery when we found these two 16" x 8" tracks. Thus it was time to find her so we could show her our finds. It always seems when the shit hits the fan we are shorthanded lol. Tammy's cam had HD and plenty of battery life so we would be able to return later to the tracks and film them in better quality. All I could wonder is perhaps she may have even found her own tracks but instead had witnessed plenty of deer in the canyon instead. Deer just means there is a plentiful food supply in the area for a creature like Bigfoot to sustain itself in this region. So it was obvious that there is animal life out here. This also goes with the fact that the left Bigfoot track we discovered had a pile of stool inside the impression perhaps that of a bobcat. I thought that was a strange observation did the animal defecate on the track to show dominance over whatever made the impression or did it happen to pick up the tracks scent only to have the shit scared out of it. All we can do at this point is theorize and convey such finds.

Where the tracks had ended is where I began a journey of back tracking to see if I could find any others that matched in size or depth. Jarrod and I realized this path only went for a few feet then dropped off tier by tier as we made our way back down to the bottom of the canyon. We could not find any other similar tracks then again when we were at the bottom of the canyon there were multiple paths going in a multitude of directions. Most of these paths went a few feet then dead ended at a big granite rock while at one point we found a small dead meadow and in another part of the canyon an area where all the trees were dead.

With it being winter many of the trees did not have leaves so I was able to see into parts of the woods very well however we still could not find Tammy. Jarrod and I climbed a few rocks down to an area where we spotted two groups of people. One of those groups called back up to me when I went woooo lol. I figured Tammy would hear me acting like an idiot and would appear on the main path which by the way followed one of the main creeks that meanders throughout the canyon. I didn't realize what was up ahead of us but after working our way around some big rocks and crossing some icy creeks and even visiting a waterfall we finally found Tammy near the original creek we hiked along not to far from where we found our first set of tracks.

We were pressed for nightfall the hikers had left the area most folks go in a few hundred feet then turn around. This is no Oregon trail hike some of these trails go to nowhere so I had to use my time wisely with about an hour left of good daylight. My goal was to take Tammy's cam up to the area we found the large tracks then document them. Then climb deeper up into the canyon hoping to catch Bigfoot coming on down the higher peaks into the canyon at night. I think I was pretty on key with the investigation although getting back to the area where we found the tracks would not be an easy task and ill explain why in a bit.

Tammy unfortunately decided to go back to the truck so she did not get to see the tracks or help us explore the higher up end of the canyon. Our journey was far from done although we would have to work fast as the gates at 7pm on the forested road are shut which means that if I didn't get out of here I may have been sleeping in my truck lol.

Jarrod and I took an entirely different series of paths to get back to the location where we discovered the two large tracks. Unfortunately I spent allot of our time trying to find Tammy earlier and twisted two of my ankles so the climb back up to get to these tracks would have to be thoughtless no pain no bigfoot tracks that simple lol.

Jarrod and I carved our own path up the canyon I climbed a wall then pulled him up. We crossed a massive sheet of ice crossing over the creek. Eventually climbing rocks along this waterfall not the same frozen waterfall we came across earlier but one that was a bit more active. My foot slipped on some ice I almost went into the creek and it would have been one hell of a water slide down. Eventually we crossed over the mouth of a small pool of water where it trickled down into the creek. Jarrod jumped I caught him and we had a picnic up by these springs surrounded by high granite walls. We didn't find this location earlier so it was a real treat and you had protection from the elements here. Water trickled from the creek above draining into this pool then below the pool the water trickled into the canyon below.

I could not help noticing that the moon was coming on out even though we had some daylight left. We enjoyed our cupcakes, fruit and snacks. But it was time to use this break as a way to savor up some energy to make our climb. Unfortunately there is nothing pretty about what we do it involved allot of hiking, climbing, crawling, getting dirty, cold, wet and tired. I had busted up my knee a bit to much fell twice on some ice and banged it on a few rocks. I had to make it back to ground Zero then decide to pursue a path higher up into the canyon to see if I could find any other evidence.

Jarrod and I finally made it to the tracks I removed the cat stool took some more measurements and video this time in HD quality. The rest of our hike on further would contain hardly if any at all paths. It would be a series of rock walls and boulders that we would gradually climb throughout the woods working our way up the canyon. The deeper you go into the canyon the higher the elevation which means that we would be nearing some of the peaks surrounding us.

As we made our way up the various tiers there were areas the ground was softer then others but we did not find tracks. It seems whatever made the large tracks became to hard to track through this granite world. Granite was more then often in the last ice age dragged hundreds of miles and when the ice melted this is where the rocks were left. In this case this canyon gets rockier the deeper in you go making it harder for a human to traverse through however a hominid or something of a primate species would be at home in this kind of terrain leaving very little evidence that it exist here.

As we made our way up the granite rocks we realized that we were now above the general tree line in the canyon. I could see the entire length of the canyon just about as it started to curve to the south east. Below me was a dense forest in a canyon full of surprises and I thought to myself this is going to be a blast at nightfall. I must say boy it was for every climb up is also a climb down so we were a long ways from the car and darkness was setting on in.

Jarrod and I found a small cave but it was not big enough for Bigfoot maybe a smaller animal. I realized though that there are dens, caves and grottos found throughout the rock formations. Just that once nightfall set in all we could see was brush and rocks. We would expend our last moments of daylight climbing a series of rocks where we found a small cove in the rocks above. I took out my night vision started to film climbing up to this area however it was obvious nothing had been utilizing this location as there was no bedding or evidence.

At this point I did three Bigfoot calls then waited there was nothing and I did some tree knocking the results were the same. I was not sure if we would hear anything at all but minutes later I did another call and that is when I heard something return the call back to me. It was very far away and it came from a much higher elevation. In order to track it there definitely will have to be a second expedition here only during our second one we will climb the entire length of the canyon till we reach the crowns of some of those peaks which overshadow the canyon.

It was time to start making our way back to the truck. This would not be an easy hike back as we would cross the creek, animal paths and at one point brush 5' high. There would be no trail to take back to the lower half of the canyon just the ones we carved on our own. We had to be really careful many of the rock formations are slanted while other ones you have to climb prior to making your way down to lower ground. Jarrod and I could hear the rushing and trickling water from the nearby creeks but we would not see anything around us but brush and rocks.

When I reached more leveler ground I drank an ice cold blue moon beer at this point I needed one. If your like me then you know how intense it is to just go off into the wilderness exploring especially in the dark of night. There was no time to get lost even if that meant us following the creek bed at times to the lush valley. Jarrod and I cut through brush and even slid on sheets of ice. But we were determined to make it back to the truck and we would trust me. I am a very fast hiker when I want to be hell hiking with me is almost like hiking for Sasquatch there one second gone the next lol.

At times I could make out some of the dark shadowy peaks as the full moon illuminated them only to continue to head east. I kept asking myself when we would encounter the main nature trail the same one Tammy hiked on earlier. We would eventually come on up on the nature trail which would traverses through the forest and into Hawkins Valley which greets the mouth of this canyon at. Not only that but my truck was parked within the valley and we nearly had 37 mins left before the gates would be locked.

The hike was intense although it was peaceful I didn't hear any animals and we were not lost. However I could see someone here getting lost or at least going in circles. There were times I stopped in the woods just to admire the stars in the sky. I knew it wasn't our night to see Bigfoot or perhaps it was you decide.

But prior to locating the nature trail we were right smack dab in the middle of the canyon surrounded by giant rocks and trees. Being pressed for time I was nearly done with investigating. However behind us a branch snapped maybe a deer more then likely it was at least I thought at the time. Jarrod was about 8' behind me and he ran at me with full force. I told him its probably just a deer not to worry but he looked as if he just seen a ghost I was trying to calm him down.

Later on when I talked to him about the experience he told me that when I was getting further ahead of him he turned around and seen some big dark brown with lots of hair literally leap over the trail. He told me it looked like a person two legs and kind of a very big head. I asked him if it disappeared he told me it was more as if it crossed the trail then faded into the brush. I have to say this was the only area of the investigation where I felt watched so maybe we were afterall the sun had just gotten down and here I was howling in the woods like I was a part of there species. I do believe my son seen something what it is we may never know. Jarrod caught this thing out of the corner of his eyes and from how he explained it was he turned around just as it was crossing behind us. It never once even looked at him which in most bigfoot cases this seems to be true to most sightings where something crosses the road never looking at the person then its gone just as quick. Now whether it was Bigfoot I do not know however I know we were not alone the bush did move and branches did break. However being the gates were going to be closed soon I had no time to stop and do surveillance nor chase Bigfoot through the dense alpines. But I now at least know where the good ole boy is at and we will come back for a couple more follow up expeditions possibly even camping in the canyon later this year.

By the time we were nearing the end of our hike I could hear people laughing and playing at the hot springs. The lights around them were visible through the trees and I was a pretty happy Lord Rick lol. On my way to the truck I had enough time to even stop at the eerie homestead which is locked down and greets hikers as they enter this canyon and leave it. I was at the homestead earlier in 2011 and I visited prior to the canyon hike its a creepy little place. Unfortunately the state keeps it under lock and key so preserve its historical status.

I was not sure if Tammy was back out at the truck stargazing but at this point we never ran into her in the woods. Its probably not a good thing anyway's to be in the woods at night alone especially after the tracks we found lol. Not to mention the fact that the other two radio was not in her back pack so we had not heard from her in a couple hours. We still had a quarter mile hike back to the truck and sure enough Tammy was back there waiting for us to return. When the sun went down the temperatures dropped significantly and it felt good to go home get warmed on up.

Tammy missed on allot of the fun but also some of the really great discoveries we made back here. Just as some of you will read this and watch the documentary. However, nothing comes to close to actually being a part of it and placed at the scene when the shit is going down. Sometimes the road less traveled or the one which proves most challenging is where a Cryptozoologist reaps some of his or hers greatest rewards. Which is why my point is proven that short cuts may save you from some exercise or time perhaps but they may also prevent you from making new discoveries. This is not always a creature who is going to stroll where there are allot of people its one that lives in the wild thus it is found on the offbeat trail where very few dare to ever venture. Carving your own paths in Hot Springs Canyon was very much like creating a destiny. Think of the chances of finding Bigfoot tracks in a place no human probably sat foot on in months hell maybe even years. It was ours to make this past Saturday with all that we discovered and it boils down to patience as well as hard work.

In conclusion to the exploration for many years the region has had its fair share of sightings. Not all of them are Bigfoot afterall I seen a bear up here last year ago. However I do feel that the canyon is a perfect habitat for such a creature. At night it can come on down to gather its food or drink at some of the springs then go back up the canyons high walls to take a siesta. Although allot of the hikers stay near the springs the truth is there are many paths, trails, peaks, dens and granite rock formations found beyond the valley. This thing could be anywhere or even right behind us. I am not sure that Bigfoot even noticed my son turning around seeing it as again most encounters are very accidental where someone is rock climbing and it just happens to stroll on by. From my finds they are very curious creatures but since I have relocated to the central sierras I have found out that our methods seem to produce good results in areas like these.

Jarrod is very meticulous he could spot a speck of gold on the ground. It almost seems as if whenever I take him out our encounters with Bigfoot are intensified not in a bad way. But children tend to stress less some of them are more open or observant when outdoors. If he seen one or even if it was not what he thought he saw it still doesn't change the fact that there are monsters in the woods! I do think that these are creatures who read humans very well. I think they know what your there for just as they know if you are a danger to them. I think we have put ourselves in some pretty random locations and maybe its just good timing. Afterall last year ago I was chased by one of these things up by Tahoe. I think if your calm they will be calm but I also think that allot of it involves the hard work and commitment we have put towards Bigfoot field research since our relocation.

In the near future at the PGS office ill hanging up a giant map of the region.For every time we have a sighting, find tracks or hear something out of the ordinary I will thumb tack the map. After a couple years of research what I then will do is trace the evidence to a focal point then see if we can find out where these creatures actually live. More then likely all my evidence points to the fact that the creature comes down into the canyons and valleys at night thus the tracks. So over the next few years expeditions will intensify as we work our way up to some of the more secluded locations.

A couple months ago I took Kyle one of our investigators for a night ride near hot springs canyon then turned around at the gate. Kyle knows what the area is like and so now that we did our preliminary exploration here we will be ready in the future to take on this canyon on a much more in depth level when we return. I am excited to return here with our entire team if you do not believe in this creatures existence you will trust me.

There is so many places within the sierras that man has never even set foot on. You can go through one canyon then climb a 9000' peak only to come on out and see hundreds of miles of more mountains just like it. There are hundreds of rivers, creeks, caves, canyons, plant species, cliffs and vast wilderness. Which makes you wonder what is hiding on the other side of those granite rocks or valley. What is on the other side of this canyon? There are no trails only the one you carve that truly is what being an explorer is about!

However since our relocation to this region I am finding out that I do not have to go very far to find the monster in the woods because he truly is in my own backyard! I cannot wait to climb up higher into this canyon because that is where our monster will probably be perhaps watching from afar or maybe even will be the ones knocking upon his door! Despite all the strangeness my favorite parks of the jaunt were the frozen waterfall and the secret hidden pool we found. That is one of the perks you get to enjoy is traversing lost hidden worlds that very few get to see perhaps this is why Bigfoot has never been founded yet.

I felt fortunate that we were able to explore this region this time of year. I am being hopeful this winter continues to be mild so I can dive on into camping and some really great outdoor adventures this spring. I know we have allot more planned in future years to come. As far as the downside something made me very sick in those woods whether I caught a virus or was cut on some plant I had just about everything wrong under the sun with me the last few days. Its finally good to be back on my feet feeling better so that I can start getting these updates transitioned onto our website. I took allot of great scenic photos and many movies which will go into our hot springs canyon documentary. I cannot wait to use our new logos here in 2012 and have others cross reference there finds with our organization. This is an expedition with everything from spills to thrills!

My final thought is that what better of a way to start 2012 with an adventure in Hot Springs Canyon. I have so many more questions then I do answers. Just as I probably will also when we visit this upcoming weekend a desert cave system where possibly cannibalistic giants once lived and that's factual information BTW. Such fact that these giants may have been related to the Sasquatch of the sierras and it all comes to you only at The Paranormal & Ghost Society!

Peace,
Lord Rick
www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Founder
Author, Talk Show Host and Producer

PS All reports are sometimes altered or revised prior to being added onto our website this is a rough draft.

Profile E-mail