The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Investigation At The Loganbill Ranch & Haunting Cemeteri
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:30 am 
Site Admin

As a paranormal investigator this probably is one of my favorite times a year perhaps because the ghostly activity seems heightened. Maybe it is due to the fact that many people stay indoors therefore the paranormal seems to come out of the woodwork a little more.

This investigation would include a second investigation of the Alpine Washoe Cemetery, Frederkicksburg Cemetery and two Investigations of the Loganbill Ranch. My favorite thing about ghostbusting is visiting old homes and historic cemeteries. Sometimes the simplest places have the most activity at least that is what we found out this past weekend.

Generally however as a paranormal investigator I realize that not every place has activity while not every place is haunted either. However its very rare that in the course of one night we would have true encounters of the paranormal at all three locations. When you come home after a crisp night of investigating it feels good to know that you have experiences and work hard.

Our newest member of our team is Kyle and I am very proud of him. He is the perfect example of a great investigator. He works at debunking as well as theorizing. Just as he reminds me allot like me quite motivated to explore and learn different aspects of how we conduct our investigations.

The paranormal is a learning experience and as time goes on the more you see the more questions you will have. Sooner or later our viewers as well as our investigators will have every chance to see all aspects of the unknown which can include ghost, aliens, UFOs and even Bigfoot. I consider myself lucky to have experienced such things I can only hope to share that with the entire world.

Its been a great run this year maybe one of our best years yet since we relocated to this region. Sometimes with groups they lose their fizz after awhile. However I still get excited about adventuring as if its my first time out doing this lol.

Our investigation would be during the later hours of the night the moon was out over the mountains. Kyle came on over then we packed up my truck heading off into the sierras. We were lucky their wasn't any snow up here however that will change soon I expect this winter over 20 plus feet so it will limit where we can go.

I took Tammy and Kyle out to Markleeville we did a wooded drive more like a Bigfoot patrol which I try to do on occasion. You never know what might cross the road you wont know if you do not look lol. The real story is not so much this report but in the videos that ill eventually be sharing publicly. Our adventure would began here!

Alpine Washoe Cemetery
Investigation 2

I was happy to return here this is because my footage and EVP's were stolen back over the summer. So going back here I had to reproduce what was lost not an easy task. We would drive up to the cemetery I took a wrong turn ended up driving down this narrow road. The brush was scraping the sides of my truck and turning around was quite the task. It isn't an adventure without a bit of offroading and well this cemetery kind of sits further back up on a hill.

Everything seemed a bit to quiet when we arrived. The cemetery is woodsy so the graves are scattered amongst the trees and brush. As its a mix of high desert and alpine forest. Kind of an odd mix but then again this is a very unique cemetery. Many of the internments here were spiritually enlightened people while many of them belonged to the Washoe tribe.

Immediately we walked to the back of the cemetery where a few lone graves sit back by the brush. Last time I was here I called out each of the names on the stones and the EMF spiked everytime I did so. This time around it didn't happen I would have to work much harder to get any sort of activity here.

The cemetery was relatively quiet it was a cool night the stars were out and being under them in such a historic burial ground was a treat. We did get a random spike on the EMF but nothing to strung out or lasting.

Kyle and I found the grave of a father with an amazing epitaph in the segregated section. The EMF went off in this area then stopped so it did capture my interest. I took out the video camera and began to read the epitaph when immediately right afterwards it went off to about an 8 which is within the dangerous area. It was gone as fast as it came but it held for a few seconds.

We then moved on to another lone grave in the sage brush across the road not sure why someone would want to be buried outside of the cemetery. There appears to be a few stones such as this and those are the marked ones.

There was another section in the cemetery for the Barber family who had native American writing on each of their stones. When I started speaking their language the EMF spiked and held. Just another example of how talkative the entities area. I interviewed Tammy and Kyle on film he is right its peaceful but the spirits here are talkative.

There was another stone that said long dick on it not sure if that is a name or a joke. I went through about 5 to 6 stones and we hit another EMF spike of about 7 which is also fairly high. I also kept the EVP recorder running the entire time it will be interesting to see what it is we captured here.

Our second investigation was a huge success I feel allot better being able to recover some of the evidence that was lost. The videos I took here are pretty amazing they will make believers out of some of you at least id like to hope that lol but some folks are skeptical.

Some of the graves here have been vandalized while we noticed a few wood stakes marking them. Allot of the people buried here were poverty stricken so some of them do not even have stones. While others are full of flowers and trinkets. This child's grave we seen had toys all around it while another one had knickknacks.

We would move then onto our next cemetery which is called Fredericksburg a very quaint little burial ground at the base of the high sierras.

Frederkicksburg Cemetery
Investigation 1

This is a fairly easy place to miss we actually pulled down a long dirt driveway which turned out to be just outside of the cemetery. There was nothing fancy about this location just a huge sign in the front that said Fredericksburg and a flagpole with a memorial at the entrance.

Kyle brought some special muffins along for the ride man those were good real good lol:) you are the man! Its been awhile since I have had special brownies but special muffins now those were good.

My goal in Fredericksburg was to find amongst the few hundred stones two ranchers who were buried here who once lived locally in the area. I felt that there was a historical connection between them and the ranch we investigated.

We would walk down the road where their was a massive memorial and almost every gravestones were sectioned off by wrought iron. The ones without the wrought iron were sectioned off by concrete barriers.

As we made our way towards the back of the cemetery to the oldest part of it the tombstones were scattered and covered in brush. Some of them had wood post in the ground held up by rocks while other ones were broken. One plot had a pile of rocks with a vase surrounded by some very old toys.

Although a chain link fence surrounded the sides of the cemetery their was no fence towards the back. We could see the shadows of the mountains behind the cemetery of the high sierras. There is a peak that sits behind this cemetery I would love to someday climb they say you can see Reno and even Yosemite from the top of it!

We did get a few EMF readings but they were far and a few between. One of them lasted maybe 20 seconds straight and then it was gone. However there were two areas that had the most activity one was a cross on the ground. I laid on the cross just trying to stir shit up here and it worked the EMF went right up to the top sticking there for awhile. Once I explained that I was not being disrespectful the EMF went dead so I am thinking that we were dealing with a conscious entity.

I noticed allot of masons were buried here as well however allot of them had an upside down pentagram on there epitaphs with an emblem inside. I never have seen this on any masons grave I found it to be interesting ill say the least.

There also was a bronze angel I felt energy in this area despite the brush had consumed it I climbed right down in there to have my picture taken. Surrounding that were these iron casements that contained rocks all in a circle it was odd I had to take a photo. Perhaps someone can give me some insight on what they are.

There was another section called the Crawford's we had gotten a very long EMF readout here too especially when I mentioned the last name it spiked. I did video tape this occurring so all of you will be able to enjoy the activity as I did.

I felt a few patchy cold spots in the cemetery but for the most part it was a peaceful place most cemeteries are. With cemeteries I only have EMF and EVP to really rely on. On occasion when I deem necessary ill capture a few ghost photos.

You could tell that this was a family cemetery that had many earlier families who lived and died in Fredericksburg a small community that is nestled along the edge of the sierra mountain range.

Our last adventure of the night the grand finale would take place at the Loganbill Ranch a quaint place with a series of about 5 structures forgotten for around 20 years. Its a place I know for a fact that is haunted and I am going to give you two investigations from it which is a day one and a night one! Enjoy

Loganbill Ranch
Investigation 1
Daytime

Have you ever just randomly packed up the gear just because you were in the mood to ghost hunt? Well this is what happened to me I was half undressed got the gear together and just went. I also visited the ranch to make sure it was safe for our investigators although I do not always have that opportunity I took advantage of it this time. I would have plans to investigate this location during the day and the night so that our viewers can see media from both.

Generally the activity is higher at night but this time around I beg to differ. The activity here was fairly equal the place is eerie every time and probably all the time. The two ranchers buried near here lived many years here both of them haunt the property this is there home and may always be there home from what I started to gather.

It was a nice cloud cool day there was some snow on the mountains and I set off for the big adventure. There was kind of a dismal feeling here. The grass was very high and if it were summer id probably be getting bit by a snake trying to push my way through it all.

The property is graced by big oak and maple trees maybe I am wrong but the trees shade most of the structures here. There was a shed with a paint can and workbench. Also allot of rocks were in there not sure why but then again there were many confusing sites at the ranch.

Their was a pop up trailer and a giant black tank probably used for sewage. Many of the structures here were vandalized such as windows broke or doors ripped off. Hell some doors were broke in half.

When I went into the store house behind the homestead their was an wood stove inside. Their also was allot of debris in here scattered such as magazines, books, papers etc. Eventually what I realized is that almost every structure was filled with this which attracts rats and rodents. There was evident signs that this entire ranch had a rodent problem and a major one lol.

There was a pantry here it had jarred pears, peaches, cherries etc most of it probably was 20 years old some of it was moldy. It was obvious these ranchers canned their own food and put it into jars. I am pretty sure they also at one time had horses maybe even cattle here on the property.

There was a collapsed building I had to crawl through with an old washing machine inside. I had fun crawling through this place it was just a tunnel of wood that followed it around a circular pattern due to how it collapsed. I had gotten EMF activity in here for the longest time not to high but it would come and go sometimes stay for 10 to 15 seconds at a time. I had thought maybe something followed me in from the guest house on the property.

The guesthouse was creepy it had 3 beds allot more piles of books and paper. One of the beds a book was laying out in the open. There was two old televisions, wood dressers, couch etc. It looked more like a tool shed turned into a small pad. The beds were all next to one another I thought to myself who would ever want to sleep in here maybe they had on site assistance who tended to the animals and farm.

It didn't take long in the guest house the activity went through the roof the EMF held a straight 8 to a 9 for a couple minutes straight. When I walked into the guest houses back room the EMF stopped. When I walked near the bed it started back up again. There is some kind of activity occurring around these beds which is a tall sign that maybe someone died here or there was some entity in the house with me. I made a wonderful video clip of this activity occurring evidence is very important in my field of work so I am giving it to you guys as proof.

I went out to the barn there was allot of bullet holes in it as the sun peered through them. It was not a big barn the doors were missing off of it. Hell this probably was the least active area which makes sense that the EMF readings were in all the parts were the ranchers may have spent there most time at or for that matter slept at.

There was another structure on site which was a bit odd it was this big old wooden long building. Inside there was a basketball hoop. It probably was for storage or tools perhaps. There is a story about this place that ill go into in my second report. But lets just put it this way in my video you can see me walk up and push the door open. On investigation two the door was wired shut only two days after the fact. So its obvious that maybe someone is squatting here not sure who breathing in rat feces can mean a very quick death.

There was an old wooden outhouse out back which really tells you a story about how life was on the ranch. I mean who uses outhouses anymore so indeed it may have been those who lived in the guest house. The property is very old very deplorable and it was obvious that someone had allot of books. I walked through heaps of them you'll see the pictures.

It was an odd investigation as I lost my EMF detector twice in the high grass or maybe something was messing around.The second time I had lost it I lost it when I went into the main house. I was the first one inside the house in years there was dust particles everywhere and rat defecation all over the inside of the home. I didn't have a mask so I took a HUGE risk.

The first area I went into was the bedroom there was an old bed you could see it covered in dust. The bathroom had dresses hanging on the shower bar. They were something an older woman would wear. The living room had a crib inside of it. The living room had an older television and furnace. The kitchen was bad real bad as if a tornado hit with a box of Pillsbury muffin mix sitting in the cupboard. The sun room had a book shelf with encyclopedias scattered all over the place.

I also noticed gangster writing on some of the walls it was obvious someone used the house to party at. The house was ransacked books thrown everywhere either that or the ranchers were book and magazine hoarders. I am getting the feeling someone died in the house there was allot of mail at the front door unopened. There was a stairwell it was steep so I decided to check it out.

When I arrived upstairs there was a chair with a book sitting on it opened laying on it. Whoever was squatting here seemed to enjoy the books it was obvious as some were opened laying out. The air became heavy I tried to get an EMF reading realized I lost it again outside so I decided to take readings during my night investigation which turned out to be as suspected. The air became very cold I was not alone as I was looking up into the attic something was upstairs with me and I know it was very close. I was wearing sun glasses so the house was very dark and all boarded on up since the glass was broken. I couldn't hardly even see imagine how exhilarating it was to know something was standing there watching me from behind as I was taking photos and staring up into the attic.

My finger was throbbing as I had gotten glass in it from the shed but I was determined to at least examine around a bit further. I noticed there was some of the biggest rat defecation I ever seen in my life. Based on its size I can actually say whatever made it was probably bigger then my cat. I heard some movement didn't think anything of it probably rats in the walls.

At this point I overstayed my welcome I had to crawl out with spider webs so thick that my hair was covered and shirt with them. The place is bad real bad but it was obvious that something haunts this house. I felt it the entire time no matter where I went however it was much more heavy upstairs where there was piles of cardboard, boxes and junk.

I came out of the house fairly exhausted this place drained the life out of me there is no doubt in my mind that there are ghost here. The readings I got were solid although they would come and go they held up for awhile.

When I left the area I realized I lost my flashlight I had to drive all the way back and look for it. The place is full of tricks I guess. Even with a light it was still extremely dark in the home. I am not sure what happened here or why the place is in this condition but its obvious that vandalism occurs all over even in small towns by bored kids I guess.

I do think the entities were appeased by the fact that I had respect for the place and focused on them rather then ransacking what little is left. Then again I wouldn't touch anything here their are probably hundreds of rats. When I got home I got pretty sick still am but I am alive just took in to much bacteria here so yeah their are dangerous to the work that we do. I couldn't wait however till a second investigation and that was only two days away when I was able to bring out everyone with me to experience what I did.

Loganbill Ranch
Investigation 2
Night

At night its amazing how much different things can become its as if everything becomes alive. I kind of knew what to expect at the ranch however during the day there was allot less wildlife out.

The ranch at night is very dark its like being blind walking amongst the high grass there structures look like needles in haystacks. I was pretty amazed at how during the first investigation how much at night the same areas had similar activity.

Right away we went to the guesthouse the EMF stuck at an 8 to 9 for awhile then it stopped. We talked to the ranchers then the readings once again spiked. Something was interacting with us particularly around the bed in the middle of the three. During the day I was getting readings around these beds as well on and off.

We heard movement on the otherside of the wall at the guesthouse maybe an animal who knows. But it was obvious we were not alone either way. We also heard this giant bird screech maybe an owl but we had these feelings that at anytime something might swoop down and claw us with its talons.

By the time we made it to the barn the coyotes were very close and a massive pack of them. They just got done killing something as you could hear them fighting for their catch. Kyle was a bit worried about them but my take on it is either we fight or we die trying lol. They came real close but seemed to be busy enjoying their meal let it stay that way.

When we left the barn area we heard something run towards us as we backed on up I could hear claws hit the tree in front of us then I knew what that was. It was a coon scurrying up the tree because they love to climb and peer down at you out of curiosity. The entire ranch was alive at night during the day I didn't see a single animal.

We also toured other areas such as the pantry and workshop not much activity there. I didn't see any rodents either which I thought was a bit odd. The rats had defecated on everything in every building on every book there was or piece of paper. I expected to see them scurrying around doesn't mean they were not there they probably were but its better they don't become to friendly.

There was another structure on site the building with a basketball hoop which may have been used as storage or for some smaller animals. I was shocked when we walked up to the door and it was wired shut. Now keep in mind that everything is wide open here and was except for this structure. This structure was wide open two days prior to our night visit. My take on it was either someone had been here in the last 48 hours which I doubt or the ghost still think they are ranching here. I have the day video where you see me walk in to take readings then the night-vision video of us having to unravel the rusty wiring wrapped around this metal hook. I will say I have seen some odd things in my time but this takes the cake serious!

Nobody has been at this place in years it is obvious when you see our updates sometime next week. The wired up building was senseless if someone were to have done it since all the windows were busted out and it was just a mere shell. Hell if someone were to lock up a building id think it would be the guesthouse where there are beds so that is my take on it.

We would save the best for last which is the main ranch house. I gave Kyle a mask and put one on myself. Of course all the straps kept breaking so we went through about 4 of them before I could find one for Kyle to wear. The mask are to protect us from harmful bacteria and potentially harmful diseases caused by droppings from rats. Some of them diseases are deadly and they can kill you.

The house was fairly quiet I showed Kyle around a bit as I knew what to expect. We went upstairs and when we reached the top the EMF went off like crazy. The first time around I wasn't filming but I did grab the camera to interview Kyle and it went off again as he held it near the top of the stairs. It was obvious that something either A. Followed us up the stairs and was standing right there or B. Maybe an indication someone died or fell on these stairs. Its a difficult speculation as we were getting spikes and readings just about in every building at the ranch on and off.

You could see the dust just floating around the house as we walked room to room. I was busy taking EVP's and Kyle was on the EMF. I took some night vision film inside the house and we were lucky we didn't see any rodents but they were there believe me. It was obvious that the ranchers never left their home this place belonged to them and they haunt it. It didn't take a genius to see that we had been followed by the unknown and the more we talked to them the higher the readings.

It felt good to leave the ranch as Tammy brought me some hot coffee we all were pretty happy about the great night we had. Generally you might go to a few places and one of those places will have activity if that. This also goes with the fact that the Ranch and Alpine Washoe Cemetery were both second investigations. Both which had produced the same results which can mean only one thing that the dearly departed indeed haunt these locations. Sometimes I can do a case follow up and the second time around we get nothing.

Granted I ripped at least 4 pieces of clothing at the ranch two during my first trip two during my last trip. This occurred from crawling through some brush where the branches caught my clothes tearing them. Do I think it was worthwhile? You bet your ass! Some of the locations our team does are the spookiest locations in the world. You will not see them on television but you will my friends see them here at The Paranormal & Ghost Society!

After the investigation Kyle, Tammy and I drank some brews back at my place. Kyle spent the night here since it was to late and far for him to drive home. So we thank him for his help as I thank all our investigators who share the same goal which is to debunk and seek out the paranormal. Good times indeed and great adventure just like old times!
Lord Rick
Founder
Author, Producer and Talk Show Host

Profile E-mail