The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Intense Exploration Near Foresthill Oct. 15th 2011
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Halloween is approaching and I have to say so far its been a great month for our team. We have been visiting so many cool sites and the fun is still far from over. This however was the biggest trip of the month as it would include a journey along thousand foot cliffs, historical sites, creepy ghost towns all the way to eerie cemeteries.

There was never a dull moment as we journeyed to an area of the sierras that I have never been to yet. Every part of this mountain range contains some story or piece of history. Some places are UFO hotbeds while others are full of Bigfoot lore. You could spend years just visiting all the little towns and haunted sites.

Each week the adventures become bigger, better and more intriguing. The more I see out in this sierras the more places I want to go. The more I experience is the more I want to learn and we hope our members feel the same way likewise.

Although we are not on television or the most publicized of groups we are self produced so most of you get a good look inside as to all the great things that we get to explore and experience. I would make sure that I took allot of videos on this trip and I must say this region is one hell of a thrill. I did expect to have more people come out with me but people chickened out its that simple. Not everyone is comfortable being out in the woods at night miles from civilization especially where we were traversing at.

Our journey would take us to Coloma, Bayley House, Foresthill Historic Cemetery, Last Chance, Michigan Bluff & Deadwood Cemetery. A great mix of historic sites and ghost towns that are some of the creepiest in the high sierras.

It is amazing how much work we do and all the little strange things that occur in the course of our explorations. Our travels recently have been much more extensive then in previous years as I would end up driving 400 miles to visit many of these sites in and all out old fashioned October Frightfest Lord Rick style lol.

There was allot of prepping that went into this trip as during our last meet I did talk a bit about this place to those that attended. Our journey would take us up into the Tahoe National Forest a place that I hope to work with allot in the future. Although I have hiked up here along its edge this time around would be much different as we would be heading into the heart of this wilderness which is home to the famous American River and many places that at one time were significant in the Gold Rush.

Tammy and I packed the cooler, put on the coffee early in the morning, packed up all the gear including our grill so we could BBQ and our adventure would go long into the weekend as I inched closer to my big 1000!

Coloma California

Coloma is a semi ghost town it was one of the first sites that gold was discovered in California so it is a place I will work with a couple times during my journeys. When I arrived here I never even knew this place existed as it sits in the California foothills which are magical.

Tammy and Jarrod had to use the bathroom meanwhile I found an old jail to explore. The area was very scenic surrounded by hills of trees which btw were vibrant as the leaves this fall are changing colors.

There were allot of people around as the area is just one giant historic site you can explore so there were people hiking, bbqing, playing football, dogs running around etc. I never felt so home in my life and my work carries me to places like these that you almost never want to leave once your there.

There was the ruins of an old jail and across from that an old metal jail cell. I also seen an old wood building, shops across the street and a few other sets of stones ruins.

Honestly I never had any intent of stopping here but I did briefly to get some photos for our website. Maybe next year ill return here and investigate some of the historical sites more in depth using our equipment. I did however make a few stops within town to build a better preliminary exploration and open up a new case file.

Lets face it this is an old town and when gold was discovered here it sparked major growth in the west with cities like Las Vegas, Reno, Sacramento, Fresno and all these other towns that were once mined for minerals.

I did enjoy touring the town didn't get a chance to see everything though so even though my moment was brief here it was sweet. I walked around some gardens and a historical home. I also seen from afar an old mill so definitely lots to see and do here.

I knew I could not stay here very long as my journey would take me thousands of feet up in the Sierras to forgotten ghost towns like Michigan Bluff and Last Chance. Places forgotten by time but not by us! Our next destination would take us to the Bayley House!

Bayley House

This was another accidental fine which is okay if I am driving with my team and I see something cool ill generally stop. This place has creepy written all over it as its a magnificent three story home that sits overgrown and fenced on off. Nearby is also an old barn and water tank. It was apparent that at one time this place was related to the Gold Rush and it was the first Grange House.

As I approached this historic classical revival piece of architecture I was reminded by reading its history about how it was one of the finest homes in the west with 22 rooms and many other unique features that many other homes of this time period did not contain.

There was three goats inside the fencing area yes the area is off limits its deemed unsafe but I will sometime return back here again to thoroughly check out this mansion. The goats were not to thrilled about my visit here one of them was ramming the fence and making faces at me. I believe he was daring me to cross the fence not sure but I been known to charge to and next time I see him I will wear padding in my ass just in case.

I did walk around the house it is just downright creepy all the windows are boarded and doors. There is giant rolling hills behind and the barn sits adjacent to the home. I didn't do much paranormal investigating here but I did read the history and look at the historical photos.

It was a great place to stretch our legs we had been driving a couple hours and we would be heading up to the high sierras once again soon. The area was beautiful with views of the mountains and even the Sacramento Valley from up here. Not to mention the fact that the area was full of fruit trees and vineyards. I read later this place was used as a stage coach stop and was a luxurious hotel at one time with a grand ball room. Now all that remains is an exterior shell of thousands of crumbling bricks.

We decided it was time to head on off with it being October the days are short. Some places I like to visit during the day others during the night. Sometimes I enjoy doing both to see if there is a difference in activity. Sometimes during the day the shit hits the fan while at night is silent. That is the thing about paranormal investigating you never know what you might get. We then made our way up the high sierras to Foresthill.

The road up through the mountains was nice as we encountered a massive bridge over the American River. When I entered Foresthill there was some relief afterall this was a true Californian road full of scenic views, high cliffs and steep drop offs. But alas we would pull into this forested historical town higher up in the sierras and Tahoe National Forest.

Foresthill Historic Cemetery

There are a few cemeteries around town my focus would be the old Protestant and Community Cemetery near downtown. For some reason my directions were off grrrr so I stopped downtown walked in the library and asked the entire library where the cemetery was. Yeah I made a few new friends lol.

Prior to the cemetery I was on this road that had cliffs and we went a ways when I told Tammy thank goodness we do not have to take this road. Little did I know that this was one of the only roads that takes you up to Last Chance a very creep ghost town high up in the mountains. I had however to turn around and focus on the cemetery to get some daytime research finished.

When I arrived at the cemetery thanks to the ladies at the library who gave me some information there was a caretaker working there. He was cleaning up all the leaves and brush as well as staring at all of us like we were nuts running around with our EMF and Digital Recorder lol.

I was amazed however at the fact at the grandeur of this place. Everything was so elaborate the graves were made of marble and granite. Many of the plots were surrounded by wrought iron while some were just giant monuments. Behind the cemetery was a canyon so massive that it would be equivalent to the Grand Canyon only up in California. All I could see is forest overlooks that went thousands of feet down. Little did I know that after this cemetery I would be driving along this canyon no guard rails with steep grades for over 20 miles INTENSE!

The cemetery had a monument out front prior to entering and towards the back a giant cross. The old historic section was to the right then to the left was most of the newer headstones. My son did get some EMF readings that held for awhile in the new section. Tammy thought it may have been all the electrical power lines across the street its hard to say. I just know that the detector went off for awhile when my son asked one of the ghost a question so that struck a bit of interest with me. I would have to come back later at night to conduct an EVP session.

Allot of the stones were masons there work of these stones within this burial ground are just that exemplary. Everything within was either engraved or carved within the stone. There were leafs falling everywhere from the giant massive trees which completely shade the entire cemetery.

Towards the center of the cemetery is a gazebo for funeral services it truly is a pleasant place. Like most historic cemeteries however there is signs of vandalism. One of the old wood grave markers was cracked in half some stones were broke in half while others were just missing. Some were tilted while others were knocked off the pedestals.

This cemetery has haunted written all over it however it didn't seem as active as some places I been to. It is maintained and from what I seen in the newer section many people visit it. I remember the lady at the library telling me its rumored to be haunted and that ghost tours are given here.

I ended up returning here at night this was after I went out to Deadwood it would be our last thriller of the night. It would be a few hours before we would return until then we would head out to Last Chance.

The night investigation wasn't much different then the night of this location. Although it was dark it truly wasn't as active as id wished it to be. I spent a few years living out in Vegas so my thirst for haunted cemeteries that are historical is quite intense. Just being here at night roaming this woodsy cemetery was enough for me the ghost were a plus.

Tammy and I didn't spend much time here Jarrod wasn't feeling at all that good. He was such a trooper all day long hiking and exploring with me. But on and off he just didn't feel well so I wasn't able to spend to much time at the cemetery during the night hours.

The cemetery is very dark this is because behind it is this massive woodsy canyon or rather one of the main ridges of the sierras. There are no city lights as a matter in fact most of the town dies quite early. I couldn't help but notice the sound of the leaves falling as I walked amongst the graves.

At times I thought I heard something walking behind me or nearby. I did notice a few patchy cold spots but for the most part I wouldn't take a ghost tour of this location unless it told me a more in depth history about some of the burials that are here.

Tammy and I scoured the entire cemetery a few times as I recorded EVP's the EMF went off once or twice but we were much closer to the power lines so honestly that probably was the cause of it. Nonetheless I went through the cemetery did some night vision filming then did a photo session as well.

Our goal after Forest Hill at night would be to visit the historical town of Auburn which appears to be full of bored cops who enjoy giving tickets to people. I seen more cops there then I have in major cities and the awesome cemetery in Auburn is posted we will arrest your ass if you cross this line so yeah lol. However we will return to Auburn some other time for now we are just going to have to savor Foresthill's historic cemetery.

Last Chance California

The road that I took to get here spells death I do not care what anyone says one blown tire or some car not paying attention means you are going to go right off the edge. For over twenty miles we followed this road along these cliffs.

There were a few scenic overlook points and I was shocked by what I seen. I seen the road miles away we just came from which followed drop offs that dropped off hundreds of feet.It had to be over a thousand feet down to the bottom where the American River flowed through. All I could do is say wow as this mountainous road has no guard rails whatsoever and some of them are hairpin turns.

At one point in time there was an entire piece of the road missing where the lane turned into a single vehicle lane. When I went past this area you could see for hundreds of feet down and I thought man what if the road gives way like this section.

This reminded me of something you would see in South American like an episode of Icy Road Truckers and well I been on allot of roads this one was one of the deadliest. Granted the views of the High Sierras were gorgeous but I thought who the F*** would build a road out here like this in the middle of nowhere. More then likely this road is within the top 10 dangerous roads in America but its only dangerous if you are not alert.

My son was looking out the window as I drove along cliffs I asked him if he was scared he was rather excited. On the other hand Tammy was grabbing her heart as I came around sharp turns where no guard rails were present. Imagine looking out your window and within a foot is a drop that goes 500' straight down.

My concern was not driving this road just other people who might not know how to drive. I had one guy come around the corner almost hit me. I actually filmed a small tanker whip around the corner nearly hitting me. People have a really hard time staying in there lane on this road which is bad for both parties period because in one of my videos I drive on this road and show you how high we are its pretty amazing.

Finally I reached my turn off which was a paved road that eventually turned into dirt. That road eventually would get more narrow and overgrown which seems to happen to often whenever I search for these ghost towns. There was yellow ribbons tied to the trees along the dirt road then seconds later dirt bikes passed me soon more dirt bikes and even more after that. In one video I was shooting you see a dirt bike go past me barely missing my side view mirror. These guys on the dirt bikes were going way to fast and one guy almost collided with me if I didn't react fast enough to veer off into the bushes that guy probably would have hurt himself.

I believe I was interrupting some dirt bike race. The further I went into the ghost town the more stunt ramps I found made out of dirt in the road. My truck barely made it over the stunt ramps but I pulled it off and soon I was in the middle of the sierras standing in front of an old abandoned house.

Next to the house was an old beat down antique car with bullet holes in it and behind the home was a triangular red shed. There was at times signs that someone had been living in this house as we found clothing and even posters hanging on the walls. The place also was full of dust and animal droppings.

The home was not very large a small living room, kitchen and one bedroom which had a bunch of torn up memory foam. Tammy was behind the house she found out in the woods holes in the ground possibly from mining. We also found near the home wagon roads where they went to I have no clue maybe other parts of the town however according to historians most of the town is consumed by heavy foliage so finding anything out here is more of either being lucky or just being a damn good explorer.

We decided to take the main road deeper on in what went from a narrow dirt road became a single lane overgrown dirt road. There were times I had foliage brushing against both sides of my truck. It was barely narrow enough to traverse further on and the terrain was so bad even I almost was stuck a few times on these manmade dirt stunt ramps that were built out here. However when we were about to turn around after seeing various mining claim sites we seen a bunch of old mine machinery just rusting away on the side of the road.

I knew we had to be close to another part of the town with all the nicely wagon roads which crossed the one we were on it started to make more sense that this town was built throughout this forest in different areas. We found an area where the road came out to a clearing we would then hike our way into one of the oldest sections of Last Chance laid out in the early 1850's.

We would continue to hike down the main road where on two occasions we came up onto historic plaques that talked about the trails in the region. One of the trails actually takes you up to a ghost town called Michigan Bluff although its a nice hike it probably is just easier to drive there which I did just that.

The forest here seems a bit more dense so the entire town has been consumed by the national forest however after seeing the equipment in the area we knew we had to be close to more remnants of the town. Tammy and I began our hike down this old wagon road in the forest where it continued to go down a hill passing by a clearing. Through the trees I could see old wood homesteads and other structures we knew we had entered the heart of Last Chance.

I cut right down the hill shouting with excitement like a bat out of hell serious. I was like yessssssssssssssss lol and you cannot blame me. If your going to drive along cliffs and down this dirt road you better see something that is worthwhile. Tammy split up from us as Jarrod and I explored one half of the town. Jarrod is only 10 but he is my finest assistant out of all the years doing my work he is better then most grown men I have had with me on adventures like this. Not only that but my son gives off more EMF energy then any human you will ever meet I had his electrical impulses measured so I believe this is why he is able to see ghost and he does.

Anyhow Jarrod and I headed on out to an old cabin there was a toilet inside allot of the buildings were newer even though the ghost town was built in 1850 overtime when new mine claims were struck new additions went on all through the 1970's. So many of the miner cabins had light switches while towards the back of the mining town there was a giant warehouse. Some of the structures were made out of wood while others were made with sheet metal. There was a small seasonal creek that ran through town and another in a ravine nearby.

I have to say that during all the locations I toured this place was the most eerie like something you would see out of a movie. I think once some of you see the updates you will understand this place doesn't feel right. I go to allot of places most of them are pleasant but as Tammy states something isn't right about this ghost town there are allot of things that didn't add up.

Behind the town site is a ravine and a manmade wood bridge that crosses it. Also through the back of the town is this massive rusty pipe it runs through the entire town then goes off into the woods. There is a sign on a tree that states this town was built up and its mine in 1850 and operated till the 1970's so its been around for awhile.

Throughout the entire town were machine parts such as pipes and gears including an old metal wheel. In the center of town was a mine shaft however it was filled in with dirt you will see that in the video footage I took. There was two structures which collapsed with both of its triangular roofs just laying on the ground. One of the cabins still had bed springs inside while old power lines were strung across the town site.

There was a house built up into the hillside which had a door leading in to the basement. I did go down into the basement had a massive blast of icy cold air hit me in the face no big deal. The big deal about it was when I went to explore something and Tammy along with Jarrod watched the wooden door that I placed against the basement move all on its own then fall back down. I have no explanation for this its a pretty heavy wood door and I leaned it at an angle yet it as if something from the basement pushed on it.

There was no stairs to get into the house as I walked on the otherside of it on the porch found out they bolted the door shut. The only way into the house was an 8' platform where you had to pull yourself up and onto the deck that led into the house. When I entered the house it went down into a hall which led into a kitchen. In the kitchen was a pantry with a jar that said on it Roy's Milk Jug. There was also a living room and bedroom along with a bathroom that was very narrow and long.

Surprisingly the house was empty inside there didn't seem to be animal droppings or any signs that anyone had been inside for years. There was allot of old wood paneling on the walls and all windows were boarded making it very dark inside. It reminded me of a 70's style type of home with the cheesy wallpaper and flooring.

I did do some filming inside the house I didn't want you guys to miss out this is some good stuff. Tammy was waiting for me outside then she practically keeled over and became ill out of the blue. She became very dizzy and almost passed on out. Jarrod and I came back outside to make sure she was okay I had shut the door behind me. Jarrod made his way down then I was about to when all of sudden we heard a knocking sound within 200' away from the town site. It was loud and close trust me it happened quite a few times. I didn't want to jump down because honestly its an ankle breaking fall but at this point I knew I had to get down to the ground although in a zombie invasion this house definitely was safe from anything getting inside that's for sure lol.

I heard it to but didn't think much of it but as I was getting ready to jump down you could hear inside the house the sound of heavy boots walking around. Something was inside the house that I just explored something was inside walking around as if it were the ghost of a miner. I do not know what to make of it but imagine you just get done exploring an abandoned house with one way in one way out then you close the door lock it all up and hear something inside. I ended up eventually jumping down from the second story I did a perfect landing no room for mistakes not a place I wanted to spend the night at.

We finished up a few photos then we made our way out of dodge. Maybe the entire town isn't haunted but this house was. There is no explanation for the activity that took place at this house. I heard a few times some odd noises. The basement also had mule stool in it which I thought was a bit odd and perhaps in an area I didn't expect to find. Speaking of the basement I took video down there talk about an eerie little place it felt like I was in a wrong turn movie.

As we hiked on up the wagon road and out of the town site I felt watched. Tammy and Jarrod were up ahead of me. I know something was out there watching from the forest as we were exploring this town. I do not think it was human but I do not think we were alone out here either. I have never been to a ghost town like this especially one of this depth in the High Sierras it was an entirely different experience for me.

Near where we parked there was a pile of stones near the road it looked like a grave marker of some kind that was another thing we found. Also behind the town was some kind of wagon trail hell maybe it led to more parts of the town or maybe the location we found is what was left of the town. However I do get the feeling there are more hidden remnants of the town within this forest.

The place is just odd the type of place that gives you chills hell even the name Last Chance makes you think twice lol. But all in all leaving this place was as much of a relief as it was an interesting adventure. I can only imagine what happens here at night. Who knows maybe it was not ghost at all maybe Bigfoot was watching from the thick or some wild man of the woods. But I know one thing some of the activity we experienced was ghostly.

When we made it on out of here we no longer seen the dirt bikes the sun was going down and we would once again have to traverse the cliffs. To shave time off getting to Michigan Bluff I took an old dirt back road and my adventure would continue in the Tahoe National Forest.

Michigan Bluff California

I took this road that went up into a canyon that kept climbing for miles I could see that we were almost higher on this road then the original one we traversed on with the cliffs. This road also had some very steep drop offs as it kept climbing up through the woods. This pass made it hard to see much of anything however at times between the trees I could see the massive canyon where the American River flowed behind us.

As we made our way deeper up the road the temperature dropped 10 degrees and nightfall was starting to almost set on in.The road kept winding around and we just kept getting higher. At that point I pulled out my camera took about 10 mins of raw footage of offroading with some really awesome views as I slowed down of the high sierras and a canyon that was or had to be over a 1000' down. It almost felt like we would never reach the town site.

At one point the road was split I had to gamble sometimes taking the wrong way may mean getting lost. If you ever study a map of this range you will see hundreds of dirt roads some lead to mines, ghost towns while some lead to nowhere but an opportunity to run out of gas or be stranded.

Then some light came at the end of the tunnel when I passed by two graves one had the name Tonto on it. I did get out and filmed them. Hell there probably were more graves here to but the brush was very overgrown in this fenced in area so it was obviously some kind of burial ground.

Just pass the cemetery we seen through the woods a giant house followed by more houses soon I was right in the middle of the small town of Michigan Bluff which by the way is a semi ghost town. There was a memorial in the middle of town with many old big homes on the hillside. I have to say some of these homes were gorgeous this is such a cozy little community nestled deep on the sierras.

It didn't seem like a large town I mean maybe twenty houses there was a historic trail that ran through the center of town with only foot traffic allowed. There were a few older homes which seemed occupied despite there condition.

There was a horse near the road which was nodding his head yes and no. Tammy and I talked to it and he was playing with us. At one point he tried to get through the barbed wire to visit with us. He was also trying to talk to us it was the oddest thing I thought man what a cool horse. You could ask it a question and it would either say nod yes or no that horse could be in the movies man lol.

After my fun with the horse we decided to head on into the towns cemetery which went back into the woods past some residences. Right away when we parked at the giant cross a good size dog ran up to us. We walked into the cemetery the dog followed and trust me if your not a dog person you probably would shit your pants on the spot.

I talked to the dog his tail starting wagging then he brought to me a pine cone so I played fetch with him in the cemetery while doing my investigation and filming. At the entrance was this stone wall with a Jesus statue on top of it looking down. There was a stone that had moss growing all over it against a tree that had rose bud engravings on the front. Another grave sat up on a giant brick platform that was crumbling. It was a Masonic cemetery thus all the gravestones were finely engraved and some were surrounded by beautiful wrought iron work.

Even though it was not dark yet the cemetery on the hill was dark enough. The dog continued to follow us around my son pet him he seemed like a really cool pup. You cannot always be sure until you see how the dog acts around you but he seemed very happy that he had some visitors to play with in the cemetery.

Speaking of the cemetery there was allot of leaves on the ground and it seemed more like a pleasant place you could picnic at. At the top of the hill was a picnic bench meanwhile there were lawn chairs. I also seen a porch swing and even a bench. The cemetery was very spooky but at the same time it was inviting like hey come on in and have a seat. The thing you also have to remember is that the cemetery is one of the only remnants left from the town itself. Allot of the houses in town are newer although I did find a small cabin that looked as if the local kids used it as a club house.

There wasn't to much else to see around town the original town site was rumored to be half mile away according to my plaque more then likely on the property of one of these newer homes we spotted in the area. Unlike Last chance this place was thriving with life and of course Foresthill was just a matter of miles away also which is a pretty bustling town so this place wasn't to out into the boonies only the back road on into it.

Also in town there is an area with the towns old community bell and a board with a bunch of old newspaper articles. The articles talked about murders, robbery and even success within the town itself. It was like any other old western town you had your mines, gun fights, harlots, success and tragedy. There was a house that had a bunch of artifacts remaining from the town scattered across there lawn. I am sure there was allot more to see but it seemed every road we took was a dead end that either led us into there driveway or property line.

The sun went behind the mountains the view from this ghost town was beautiful however our work was not done we would finish off the night with a finale a place called Deadwood.

Deadwood California

Our gas was almost empty so we had to run all the way out to Foresthill and fill on up again. Sadly right now money is tight so this will be my last major trip for awhile out of state. We just do not have allot of funding to continue to keep traveling and we lack investigators to chip in on travel cost. Not to mention what my exwife put me through with her drama which cost me thousands of dollars due to her dishonesty. So filling up again another tank on this trip nearly killed my budget its ashamed that I am not paying $1.02 like back when I first got my drivers license years ago in WNY. I seriously need to invent a car that runs on piss that way the more I hike the thirstier I get the more I pee and the more fuel I have to keep on traveling lol.

Anyhow enough joking aside Tammy and I were filling on up we passed a Wedding in Foresthill there was also some saloon that had live music playing people were partying indoors and outdoors. However where we would be going there would be no parties,music or even the laughs of other people. Just the wilderness then there is us!

You see Deadwood just like the TV series is today a ghost town however at one time it was a bustling town with at least 500 folks and allot of life. Today only a cemetery and a few wells exist to remind others that it at one time was a thriving community. I always try to figure out how some of these towns can go from large communities to a few tin cans laying on the ground but it is a real truth when it comes to the American West. Some times went from riches to bust only to be consumed by mother nature once again.

By this time as we were making our way out to Deadwood nightfall had set in we must had traveled many miles down the road nothing but national forest on both sides. Then we seen the dirt road turn off to Deadwood which would be a 10 mile dirt road in so far to date one of the thickest forest I been to in the sierras. I was very excited about visiting this place I had read about it awhile back ago and it had been on my mind for months.

Tammy and I hit allot of bumps the road to Deadwood is okay however there were holes some filled with water so I had to be cautious not to get stuck. At times there were a few bumps and rough patches however it seemed like we would never get to this place. This place was extremely secluded life out here had to be harsh.

Lets put it this way the road here has about 20 other roads that branched off of it so if you happen to take the wrong turn you could end up driving for miles endlessly. That was my most major concern with trying to find Deadwood because all the other roads that branch off or at least most of them look no different then the main road as well. Its very easy to get lost here especially at night and this was not in my itinerary for the night!

There was at some points trees blocking the road and I remember seeing one that snapped hanging low over the road. The forest here was thick so thick that you couldn't really hike your way into it unless you were on a trail. There was allot of foliage and it was so dark out here. There was also at one point an area of forest that looked like it burnt down all the trees were dead as the moon light overshadowed them.

I been to other parts of the sierras but every part is different you might have one area full of rock formations and alpines while another part might contain meadows of flowers. The Tahoe National Forest is well known for its bigfoot sightings I can only imagine what was watching from the woods as we slowly traversed this road in the dark.

Eventually we would barely make it pass this water filled hole I had to really push the truck to climb in it and out of it. By the time I made it past there it was the entrance to Deadwood Cemetery which was made out of wood post and a sign.

I was not in any rush to get into the cemetery I pulled out the grill and I made dinner for everyone. My son and Tammy were pretty relaxed here. I didn't feel what I felt at Last Chance this place was calm and peaceful there wasn't even a single odd noise just crickets and a moon gleaming through the heavy foliage.

I did come across a trail near the cemetery where it went who knows maybe the town site itself however keep in mind nothing remains of the town except the burial ground and wells. However hiking during the day here I am sure looks allot less intimidating then it does at night. I did look around in the woods a bit but was succumbed by the heavy brush it was like a jungle around this place.

After we had dinner we watered down the coals then packed up the gear and hiked on into the cemetery which is a short woodsy trail to a giant clearing. I must say dinner was very good nothing like a hot meal after a busy day of paranormal adventuring and what better then to have the bbq right in a ghost town lol.

There was a memorial in the center of the cemetery which list the names of the people who were buried here. There was not a single gravestone and adjacent from the memorial was a pioneer monument which appeared to be much older then the marble memorial.

The cemetery had metal bars all around it and a few really large trees but there was nothing paranormal about this place. We never captured a single EMF reading nor did I ever hear anything in the woods. In Last Chance we heard something moving around watching making noise but not here the silence was almost scary.

I tried everything calling these peoples names even did some Bigfoot calls but the place was dead. My son became sick here not due to the paranormal just that earlier in the week he just wasn't feeling good so I was surprised that he calmly went through a day of hiking and exploring with me. He did a pretty good job helping take EMF readings and pictures. However even he agreed that the cemetery was pretty dull. I expected to at least see some graves from back in the day but nothing and if anything remains of this town it is well hidden in the thick.

Tammy and I hung out a bit at the truck relaxing admiring the stars and it was time to pack it on up. We would head out to Forest Hill Cemetery to do our night portion of the exploration. My biggest fear with Deadwood is that its a dead end so there isn't many places to run and sure enough when I was heading up the dirt road a pick up truck passed me.

In conclusion my day was just a classic Lord Rick adventure which I am not sure we always find I think it finds us at times. How many people get to drive along 1000' cliffs, speak at a public library, deal with angry Billy Goats, off road to Americas most secluded ghost towns, play fetch with a dog in a cemetery, spend time with a talking horse, nearly collide with a bunch of dirt bikes, BBQ in a ghost town, visit the first site where gold was discovered in Ca and encounter the paranormal in the middle of the woods all within one day?

My drive home was long everyone was sleeping and I decided to go up to Lake Tahoe and drive around it till I arrived home. This perhaps may be my last time seeing Tahoe for awhile if some of you are not aware when it snows up here the snow is over 10' deep so yeah lol.

After driving 400 miles I have to say that this was one of our greatest October adventures we have done in years and it is going to look great on our website. I took night vision video, daytime footage, photos, EVP's etc. We worked hard from Saturday morning going into Sunday morning there is no doubt about that. I felt nothing but accomplished because many of these places we will return to as we bring our viewers new exciting locations and hidden jewels of the Sierras. At one time I talked about this region and now I am living the dream. Its an exciting time for our organization we have a bright future with many investigations upcoming events and allot of really great paranormal hotspots. Allot of the material put out by us you will not see on TV allot of it is our own work and off the beat type of adventuring.

You would not believe how much area we covered just in a day and I look forward to revisiting some of these locations hopefully in the future with new team members. I will also be discussing these locations on our upcoming show Oct. 23rd 7pm pst on AngelOfThyNight Radio at stickam so tune on in if you would like to hear more about my recent journeys. I really look forward to sharing them in the future with our viewers allot of good content came out of Coloma, Bayley House, Foresthill Historic Cemetery, Last Chance, Michigan Bluff & Deadwood Cemetery. I am Lord Rick and these are my journeys as The Paranormal & Ghost Society makes history each and everyday!
Peace
Lord Rick
Founder PGS
www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Author, Talk Show Host and Producer

Profile E-mail