The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Investigation Report Of Bowers Mansion 9/27/11
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

I have to say that Bowers Mansion truly has a haunting feeling. The views of the great basin and Washoe Lake are timeless. Just as the mansions property was built at the bottom of the Sierras surrounded by an ancient forest and green meadows.

I promised my son I would take him here to see it so I decided to open up a preliminary exploration of the location on our site into its history as well as haunts. I do have plans to investigate the inside of the mansion in the future something more we would save for the colder months.

Jarrod and I would pull on up to the mansion where they have a plaque explaining the rise and downfall of this historic site. They also had photos of the owners and there child. Most of these photos were taken in the 1800's some of them who resided here met an ill tragedy.

Bowers Mansion

Jarrod and I first visited the fountain which graces the grounds near the main entrance. At one time women would pose at this fountain and model in front of the mansion. Just as at another time children played in while other passer by's through there spare change just to make a wish.

Our first part of the exploration we spent walking around the entire mansion. I admired the large tall long windows and giant porches. At the top of the mansion is an observation deck with splendid views of the high desert in the valley below. While behind the mansion resided a thick forest where the Bowers family cemetery is found.

On the backside of the mansion we seen an old stone garage which by the way was turned into a public restroom. Ill tell you what I was kind of scared to take a piss here. The bathroom had a presence I felt watched while relieving myself from drinking coffee all day long.

Behind the house was also a bunch of old farm equipment and a stairwell that led to the cellar of the mansion. It had a big lock on it just like the root cellar building which probably connects to the mansion underground.

The mansion is composed of wood and stone it was built in 1861 just to give all of you an idea of its age. It has a fairly tragic history of once a family who lived in wealth only eventually to lose everything including there lives one by one.

Behind the mansion was a trail going up into the woods. Jarrod and I would hike to the family cemetery which led us along the hill side with great views of the mansion from above. Eventually the trail would turn to the left taking us up some steps to a fenced in family plot with a memorial behind it that listed in the Bower family names. I wanted to visit the cemetery to do some filming and run an EVP session.

There were only three grave markers however present so I am not sure if the entire family is buried here or just the father, mother and daughter. The memorial however list 6 family members so perhaps there are some unmarked graves present here. On the back side of the cemetery was a stone wall much similar to the one that borders now the current play ground.

There are other buildings and such on site but they were added later when this place was turned into a resort and park. However the cemetery's stone wall and the ones that surround the mansion are remnants of the past left behind.

When you roam the grounds here you do not feel as if your in Nevada more or less it feels like your in another country. The residents that resided in this mansion came from Europe thus they carried over that culture into the building of this place.

When we pondered a bit on a bench we made our way back down the dirt trail behind the mansion. This is where we found a hand print right in the middle of the trail. What I can tell you is that it was not there on our way to the cemetery but it was there now. It was an eerie hand print at first I thought son your messing with me so I had him put his hand next to it and sure enough it was not his. It looked however like something clawed at the ground strangely seconds before we found it I did ask for some kind of physical sign that the Bowers are present. Maybe this was my sign it was eerie but I never put much thought into it.

When we made our way back onto the mansions grounds we walked up on the porch and amongst the ancient alpines. The sun illuminated the mountains in the desert and the woods kept us in a gloomy darkness.

It was very quiet up here very few people were even in the area. Across the road we seen a bunch of cattle staring at us as I read a historic plaque near the road. Below the plaque was another hand print in the dirt this time you could see that this one was even stronger then the last one and it looked very fresh.

I kind of felt watched from the mansion itself as I wandered around every part of the grounds. Jarrod and I did find a secret trail but we didn't take it very far. I am willing to bet there are all sorts of secrets on these grounds as at one time children played and so many guest visited this mansion.

As I pulled away I thought to myself I wonder what secrets this place holds. I still wonder if it is haunted or what sinful things took place here. Some mansions are alive some are haunted by there past. This place is a ghosthunters dream come true and so ill never forget walking these grounds as if I stepped back into time. I look forward to seeing so much more and cannot wait to get this place up onto our website.

Peace,
Lord Rick
Founder
Author, Talk Show Host and Producer

Profile E-mail