The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: This Past Weekends Adventure Up At Lake Tahoe....
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Lake Tahoe is perhaps one of the most unique areas to adventure in perhaps its due to its alluring beauty or many of its strange sites. Sites where Tessie has been observed which is the Lochness Monsters cousins or those strange Sasquatch stories which are sighed here more then any other part of the country all within minutes of where I reside.

You never really fathom how large of an area Tahoe is but between the lake and its vast wilderness you are looking at an ongoing investigation from our team. Unfortunately we have lost many team members due to the fact that they are to scared to explore and investigate. Sadly I am finding people from the east coast are a bit more eager to journey into locations like we have recently.

However my greatest team is my children since they do some of the explorations with me. With that in mind for all those years haters said I am reckless and unsafe their is where our society gets you. I have years of experience in the wilderness, rock climbing and paranormal investigating. It is our younger generation that we must prepare for things to come.

As it stands being new to this area I am gathering date for future investigations so this trip was the opening of our case and prologue. I will also say that some of you are in for a real treat we have hundreds of investigations pending some places we are being offered to explore. Their are many ghost towns, mines, historic cemeteries and cryptid sighting areas all within miles from my current residence.

I did allot of photography and video production surrounding the lake as this is my second visit. I had plans to rent a boat to scour the lake which is about 400 dollars to do. But since years ago I promised to take a boat onto the lake I really think it will be well worth the cost. Unfortunately the lake was very choppy and the company I was renting from closed shop so I decided to try and boat this upcoming weekend instead.

Going back to video production I do reality clips not here to get fancy or impress. I am here to educate others on the locations we visit and give others a real look into paranormal adventuring. I know some enjoy bombing my youtube videos with a dislike to my videos unfortunately they have no appreciation for the risk we take. For example some of my videos I literally hang over cliffs filming scenic shots just as I off road risking being stranded in the middle of bum phucked nowhere. When people bomb my youtube its because those doing it have no appreciation for what we share with our viewers.

Everything we do is reality it is not acting this isn't a TV show and I do not sugar coat shit. The content we sometimes post is do not try this at home kind of material like it or not I am proud to produce work time and time again so even if you think your kicking me down the work we do is for those who can appreciate a little adventure and a little bit of the paranormal as well.

I just had to say my piece because I did allot of risk filming at Lake Tahoe. One of my films I walk to the edge of a massive cliff overlooking the lake and in another one I am standing on a ledge near some massive waterfalls. These are my journeys what is their not to like the locations we visit are beyond epic on every level and I am more then happy to prove that to our viewers.

We would leave in the morning as it would be a long day the coolers were packed, gear gathered, backpacks with drinks and a big tall coffee. I am sure I drove Tammy nuts playing Eminem up to the Tahoe National Forest all driving bad ass through the mountains. But she knows that when it comes to my explorations the sky is the limit. You get everything with our team the music....the radio show....adventuring...offroading.....and living it up.

I told my kids that they have not lived till they experience lake Tahoe from another perspective. So I sought an adventure that would take us to Emerald Bay and Cave Rock. I am excited to bring a new chapter to The Paranormal & Ghost Society as we are opening up so many new projects and venues locally. I know no matter what great work we put out there will be those who will try to discourage me. Rest assured "I Am Living The Dream" and now that you can see how much I love the work that we do we hope you can become part of this dream as we welcome you to our society.

Emerald Bay/Eagle Falls/Vikingsholm Castle

Visiting this location is like a page out of a story book. I was a little upset about not being able to get the boat onto the lake. But I made up for it with a deeper look into one of the most photographed locations in the United States.

The trails around Tahoe are often very busy so if your not willing to hike on the offbeat trail your going to deal with less paranormal and privacy. I decided to change up the exploration a little bit so we could see some of the more rare sites that grace Tahoe. My journey would only start here now we can build off of that. Beyond this area is a place called Desolation Wilderness its an area will work with and might even film bigfoot. Starting off however near this location and expanding further will be in our future.

Tammy and I parked up at the Eagle Falls the alpine trees around here are ancient some of them so large you can stand inside of them. Right away I climbed over a fallen tree then leaped over the rapids to a rock climbing down near a ledge of the lower falls. I never felt such a rush in my life water was hitting me in the face and one wrong fall meant my journey would have ended swiftly as thousands of gallons of water rushed to the jagged rocks below. I was standing on this little ledge where the falls dropped 82 feet and then another 60 feet further down stream. I have to admit the last time I was this close to such a waterfalls was back during my days I lived in WNY.

I climbed back off the ledge and to another run off where their was a sister falls but the force of water was not as intense. My face was wet from the water droplets and I also had a nice view of Emerald Bay and Fannette Island. I felt like I was warped to Europe as the Tahoe area has a very European look and feel to it. Their were many people some parents had little ones playing near the falls and I know for a fact people have died here. Sadly some are not as trained with safety in the wilderness and those that are not end up meeting terrible fates.

I had Tammy and the kids climb along Eagle Falls all the way to the bottom where we would follow the rapids. Very few people do this as the erosion on the rocks is slippery so what I did is stayed ahead of everyone climbing a few feet at a time then having everyone replicate my descent. Their were areas we had to dig our heels and shoes in. You had almost 100 feet of giant rocks to climb down then another almost 100 feet down a steep grade where at times the waterfall expands causing a smooth erosion. I found this was the hardest challenge however we zig zagged had a group of people watching us climb all the way down to the bottom of the falls.

We found a hole that was overgrown with this foliage that has red stems. This type of tree seemed to grow wildly near the bottom of the waterfall and we were almost at the bottom accept for the last obstacle which was a five foot drop. I have to admit this was a great hike I did almost slip a few times trying to get footing. Their were areas we literally could not stand we just had to move slowly one by one. Their was a cool spot we found that had a rock that extended between the two sets of lower falls. I stood out on the rock it was an amazing feeling although the climb down was steep we were graced with giant cliffs around us and pretty scenery.

When you really absorb the area surround this lake are hundreds of miles of woods, dirt roads, ghost towns, cliffs, canyons, caves and offbeat trails. In order to find cryptids you have to go to places humans have a hard time getting too. When I reached the bottom of the falls their was a huge sigh of relief. I have never done a hike like this and I am not sure the other 50 cars of tourist did either lol.

When we reached the bottom of the falls their was a trail which would take us along the rapids and eventually down some stone steps past some lumber mill foundations. We came out to slow moving pond and where the creek met with the lake. There was also a sandy beach and along the treeline off in the distance was Vikingsholm Castle. Although some call it a mansion this place is a fortress with spikes surrounding the entire castle and giant wood doors. I entered the courtyard to do some filming and photography. My son tried every door as he wanted to get in as bad as I did however currently the castle is closed due to a restoration project. The castle has a basement as well a metal grate was ripped off one of the windows so I stuck my head in the basement it was amazingly frigid as my face felt cold.

Their was an old steam boat circling Fannette island which has remnants of an old tea house on. The sign said no swimming so I did visit the island but eventually I will have dinner on the island given the right time of year. The lake was crystal clear blue and a geese were out. One of them came up to all of us so I photographed him within inches of him standing in front of me. People on the ferry were waving at us and I had another group of people follow me around as I filmed the castle. They were listening to me talk about the paranormal so it must had captured some interest.

I was amazed at how beautiful this hike turned out to be climbing down the edge of a waterfall only to end up at a castle in an ancient forest. I had a big shit eating grin on my face as I walked the beach. I also went out onto the pier stood out over the water then eventually decided it was time to hit the trails. The castle is amazing and I found a few other buildings on site I photographed as well. I just cherished the moment as I know will be back for more Emerald Bay is sick if your an avid hiker like myself.

I decided to hike away from the bay however that led us to a very snowy and rocky trail. We went over many bridges including one of the larger ones near the bottom of Eagle Falls. It seemed for almost a mile we were following the bay. As the snow became higher Tammy and the kids were throwing snowballs. I know someone hit me with one and Tammy tried to throw a couple at me while I was filming a broken tree that bigfoot possibly accidentally pulled down. During my film I picked up a snowball then you see me throw it as it hits her in the head broke her barrette lol good times indeed. You will not see someone investigating Sasquatch and having a snowball war so we definitely get an A plus for being original here lol.

The kids found a collapsed cave not to far from where the tree was snapped almost in half. Their were a bunch of limestone cliffs in the area some of them hard to get to but you could see crevices and smaller caves. I found a mangled antique car in the woods another strange find. I wondered as I climbed on it how it managed to get out in the middle of the woods. If it rolled off the cliff that would mean it rolled hundreds of feet and end up near Emerald Bays bottom. Tammy was not having luck hiking on this trail as she stepped in a few holes.The holes would be visible minus the fact that they are snow covered so we had to tread carefully.

At times we lost the trail my one son was making snow angels while the other one was throwing snow balls at me. I did not find Sasquatch but I know for a fact that if I had any chance of finding anything the off beaten trail would be a good start. Their were many other falls and creeks we came across on our hike. I did not find any strange prints in the snow but this was my first deeper jaunt into the Tahoe Forest so now I know what to expect in the future while hiking.

I ended up heading back to the castle where we took a switch back trail with about 50 other people. I kind of chuckled to myself at how many folks are in such bad shape. My kids and I were flying past people while most had walking sticks. As my back slowly faded away from Emerald Bay the views were spectacular of the Tea House on the island. When we hit the road I had another mile walk almost to the truck. We were worried they may have towed us wouldn't that suck to hike 4 to 5 miles then to find out your truck is not there after all that work.

I learned allot about the forest and its dangers that day so now I know what to expect when we hike in the sierras. I also managed to see some awesome wildlife including woodpeckers, squirrels and this exotic blue bird which flew over my head. I also spotted this structure on the side of the mountain overlooking the bay. I did not climb down to it but more then likely it could be the remains of an old lumber mill or perhaps part of the Vikingsholm Castle grounds.

Although I did not see any lake monsters or the hairy big man himself it was an adventure that id sooner or later never forget. I beat Eagle Falls and it was a well earned respected hike that not many get to do. Sure I could have taken the two mile paved path to the top but that isn't as fun as challenging Emerald Bay itself. I bet camping up here at night would be a really interesting experience. At this point I would make a second attempt to rent a boat.

When I arrived at the other boat rental place a sweet girl told me to hold off on the rental so that I get my full usage. She also pointed out the harsh waves would cause me to burn more gas so we held off on renting a boat deciding it would be best to move onto an ancient location called Cave Rock.

Cave Rock Lake Tahoe

I parked at the state park which sits on the water right below the giant rock which at one time was an active volcano. I was a bit disappointed that the ranger working for the state charged me an out of state fee despite my plate said NV and this location is on the NV side. Nonetheless when we arrived we were able to have lunch right on the lake below the rock. I watched as a sailboat came to port and thanks to one of the men working in the harbor he told me an easier way to hike on in so that I could stand on cave rocks cliffs.

I did see a couple people up on the rock this is a fairly active location not just due to its ancient history but also due to the fact that Lake Monster Tessie is seen here more then any other location at Lake Tahoe. After our lunch we were quite thankful we didn't get a boat the water was very choppy and it wouldn't have been fun to film. I will be able to visit the lower shores of the rock once I do get a boat to try and gather any kind of evidence of this legendary creature.

After we had drinks and food we took the truck through the tunnels which go through the rock. This is not why they call it cave rock however the rock blocks the main highway so years ago they drilled tunnels so that the entire highway can circulate traffic around the entire lake at ease. Nestled between the two tunnels is a natural cave which you can climb up into and it goes back a little ways. I had left everyone back at the truck to explore it briefly since their is no parking nearby I had to be quick.

The caves walls and ceilings were cindered black from those burning fires inside. I also noticed allot of bird shit and feathers laying across the caves bottom. I made my way to the back of the tunnel and turned around viewing the lake. The cave faces the lake rumor has it its even haunted by a female spirit. I did not get this impression but I could feel how ancient this site was. At one time what was a place for extreme rock climbers is now a place for avid hikers to enjoy one of the best views of the lake from this rock.

I took a steep road that led to a hiking trail which ran along a ridge overlooking all of Lake Tahoe. The view up here was amazing but it was about to get more amazing when we came up on the backside of Cave Rock. For those that are not aware cave rock is roughly 350 feet high by 800 feet wide. At the peak of this rock is extremely very small and you are surrounded by sheer cliffs on three different ends overlooking the lake below.

The boys and I climbed a series of rocks all the way to the vista overlooks. At the top of Cave Rock their were a couple small trees growing and I felt as if we were sitting in a crown. It was quite a rush I hung on to a rock leaning over the edge filming the water and road below. All the mountains around Lake Tahoe were snow capped and the skies were a little dreary with the sun peaking through. If you were to climb to the right their is a drop off which leads to a lower peak. I seen two men and a woman camping on this peak the girl however was dangling her legs over the cliff. I have a photo to prove it to so if heights are not your thing this rock isn't the place to be climbing around especially on top.

Their is a certain power that comes with what we do and we have to learn not to be careless or abuse it. Many of the sites I visit people have foolishly died at falling off edges or slipping off. Personally some of these sites we visit are epic as long as they are respected. My kids enjoyed hiking and climbing to the top of the rock. When they arrived at the peak all they could do is say whoa perhaps because it is an intense ancient site overlooking all of Tahoe.

I did not see the lake monster although a few times some I thought I spotted a black ripple maybe a rock or something it would not be the first time. Despite the lake is crystal clear blue it is very deep and anything could surface at anytime even for a brief second. Their is another cave at the base of Cave Rock but I believe it is underwater perhaps an old volcanic tube which means anything could live inside of it including Tessie.

Our hike back was pleasant climbing the rocks on the backside was fun as on both sides of us their were drop offs so their was never an obstructed scenic view. I celebrated the climb by lighting a cigar overlooking the lake this is what makes it worthwhile as to what we do here.

After our hike I stopped to get everyone milk shakes when you lean over a cliff and stand next to a waterfall all in one day that deserves a treat. I was still wowed from the exploration and was very excited for future explorations in the area.

Amazingly our adventure was not over even though it was almost dusk I found a really interesting location just a few miles from my house. You see when you leave Tahoe you have to go through the sierras and a few national forest. I have within a half hour four national forest Topaz, Toiyabe, Tahoe and El Dorado. Then within two hours I have three other national forest all locations being the sites of UFO activity, Bigfoot Sightings and Ghost as well. We traveled down one of the loneliest roads in the country and ended up at a gated area.

Beyond the gate we found limestone cliffs, rock formations, ancient trees and a raging river. I sat down on some rocks near the river while my kids went off and played on all the rocks. Off behind me was this giant rock mesa way up on the mountains. Their was nothing but woods and nature all around us just minutes from my residence. I guess as a paranormal investigator you get excited when you find jewels like these whether its for camping out,fishing or doing a little bigfoot searching it all is wonderful.

The river was roaring and well lets just say an accident happened where I coughed launching my joint like a rocket towards the rapids. It landed on the bank and I had to climb down to get it one wrong fall meant me being hurled into the rocks and washed down stream. Tammy was probably thinking this Lord Rick guy seems to disappear allot on me. First I disappeared near a ledge along Eagle Falls for over 10 minutes.....Then I disappeared at the top of Cave Rock and finally I went down the river bank disappearing near the rapids looking for my herb lol. I have to think either I am lucky or just plain crazy one or the other or maybe both lol. But I found that joint so no harm no foul shit happens.

I did pull out the video camera to give our viewers a taste of Bigfoot country its a pretty funny but scenic video. I guess I also pulled out the camera due to the fact I heard these shrilling screams very far away. The issue with bigfoot is many folks do not carry cams or turn them on so it will be my mission to eventually get some LIVE bigfoot footage. I wanted to film this area to show others what the sierras looks like from within. When you watch the video your going to see cliffs, massive trees, rock formations, rushing water etc. Most of the sierras is like this meaning anything could hide or show itself at anytime. Quite a few people locally have had sightings some just see bigfoot cross the road going up the side of a mountain. You have to be ready but you also have to be willing to go out into seclusion and seek it out. Sometimes they seek you out instead so I feel we have found some good areas to start off with and eventually will branch further out within these national forest.

For me it was a spiritual journey I went on this past weekend one and I look forward to visiting these high intensity bigfoot investigations night or day its close enough to my house where I can hike around often gathering data to help close the gap on this elusive creature. I had a great time and we worked pretty hard climbing down rocks all day. My knees took the blunt end of it all and they always do now when we hike. But no matter what I keep pushing on because we are based in this amazing area full of legends and history.

I spent sometime pondering when I arrived home had a blast we covered miles of ground on foot and found allot of sites people overlook. In a few days I am renting a boat its a 7 seater I have room for 4 more guest if you are willing to pitch in on the cost if not that is okay to since its set in stone that were going to go out onto the lake examining some of the areas Tessie has been sighted. Ill be doing videos as we cover miles across the lake. Ill be also visiting Cave Rock and Emerald Bay by boat to film these locations from the water. I expect nothing but good results in our future as will also be working with the Desolation Wilderness which is on the west side of Lake Tahoe...many ghost towns and creature sighting areas. Were going to dig deep and we look forward to bringing these locations to our viewers as we return in our future.

Our next investigation may take place at an ancient petroglyph site and cavern. I have not decided as I am trying to collaborate this months radio show with other projects such as updates from previous trips. I do know at times I get so overwhelmed with the amount of cases we are taking on and I look forward to every minute of it. On May 20th ill be doing a more in depth discussion on Sasquatch and Tessie in this region we hope you will not miss this upcoming enjoyable episode I am putting together at AngelOfThyNight Radio!
Peace,
Lord Rick
Founder
Producer, Author & Talk Show Host

Profile E-mail