The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My Crazy Paranormal Report Of Devil's Gate & Silver City!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 am 
Site Admin

This past Saturday marked a very important investigation for the Paranormal & Ghost Society. We visited two very historically haunted locations up in a semi ghost town called Silver City Nevada. Within this city are miles of dirt roads, gorges, canyons, ghost towns, mines and historical sites. One of the reasons to relocating to the Sierra Nevadas was so we could work with locations such as these.

This past weekends journey would take us to two locations the first being Devil's Gate and the second known as Silver City Mine. Silver City Mine is more then just a hole in the ground its also a very large mill and factory.

I have spent allot of time going out studying locations near where we are based. I actually photographed this location during the day then decided it was necessary to not only bring forth an investigation but also to provide the public with some of the first internal photos ever from within inside.

Both locations were rather intimidating somewhat secluded just as these small semi ghost towns shut down very rarely even seeing a soul wander around after dark here. Granted I visit many remote and eerie locations this place is very overwhelming no matter where you hike around at. As a matter in fact these two locations by far were some of the most creepy places I been to in months seriously.

On another note I am still fighting the battle to find solid crew members for our team. Tammy and I do most of the work when it comes to paranormal investigations. Then my sons help me with some of the less demeaning locations.

Sadly we live in an age where most humans lie through their teeth. I have spoken to almost 100 people from this area everybody begs me to be on our team then they just do not make the effort to attend the investigations or they chicken out. I hear so many promises yet I am finding so very few are committed to what it is we do here.

Unlike most paranormal groups we have a much wider spectrum goals within and eventually in mere days to by the end of this month the crew I put together will be a part of something so much more bigger then even our members could ever fathom.

Although this past weekends investigations were rather simple I sometimes find the simple traditions we keep provide us with some of the best paranormal activity any group could ever experience in the world. For example this past summer a UFO came down a few hundred feet from my vehicle then took off faster then any craft I have ever sighted in my life. These are the tales of my journey into the unknown.

Devil's Gate

I stopped at Jack n The Box for a big ass cheeseburger I smoked one earlier had the munchies so nothing beats it prior to trampling around some abandoned buildings. I am not sure ill ever eat at the one on William street in Carson City....afterall the girl looked at me said when I make your food I make it I was like ummm okay lol.

I was suppose to meet two enthusiast who never showed up I am starting to think I intimidate others which is really sad because this is not church here. I am not the pope nor am I a strict individual but rather pretty easy going about allot of things that other groups are not.

Tammy and I took a drive up into Gold Hill and the edge of Virginia City. The towns were all dark it seems like when nightfall sets in everybody is fast asleep or hiding.

The towns up here at night are very eerie. Their are many abandonment's and as you drive down some of the hilly roads past them you feel as if your being watched.

Saturday nights moon was not showing and the temperatures were around freezing. I am enjoying the truck we bought because now I can travel to more locations. The town had so many dirt roads we went down a few eventually stopping at the gate.

Their was some sort of windmill on site and a memorial. Tammy and I decided to take some EVP's here and a few photos. There is more to the gate but I may have to do a day trip to find out where the gorge leads.

I eventually climbed down into the gorge or entrance to the old toll road. Tammy stood on top it was pretty steep. When I reached the bottom I find an old drainage tunnel but also something else felt odd.

First off I heard something in the gorge with me and I am not sure if any of you ever dealt with an entity. But when you do this for years you will feel it. I felt something coming towards me it became very cold beyond even the cooler air as if something went right through me.

Then the feelings of being watched came to be but also the activity did not start till I strongly asked for something to make itself known. After taking photos in the gorge I realized that the darkness was not going to produce me many good photos because of it will be adding an infrared cam to the mix in a couple weeks.

When I made my way out of the gorge something threw a rock although it did not hit me it was real distinct as it hit the bottom. No it did not fall no it did not roll it was thrown at a high speed with such force just as I made it to the top just a matter of 20 feet away give or take.

I did go across the road their is a mill and narrow canyon. It was blocked off but ill get some day photos maybe do a hike up in the region to see what other strange things I can find out about the gate. I can tell you right now I am gathering that whatever happened here despite its rich history was tragic.

Its not to often you visit places named after the devil so I am sure that some unorthodox practices have been done in the narrow twisting gorge. Nonetheless we did get a spike on the EMF and I will say beyond a shadow of a doubt something was in the gorge with me.

After our little investigation of the gate we decided to move onto the Silver City Historic Mine

Silver City NV Historic Factory & Mine

I have to say day or night this place is intimidating. Tammy generally is pretty chill about allot of locations but this one bothered her prior to us even entering. I spent sometime driving around town and down some secluded dirt roads. I found some of them roads at night to be a little eerie as some led to houses in the middle of nowhere.

After my little bit of fun I was ready for some real investigating. I do not always ghost hunt I generally switch it up so its been awhile since we had dealt with some really hardcore haunting's. I drove around the factory waved to the camera as their is one up their because their is a club and residence in the region. Sometimes in these semi ghost towns the locals will do some mining and their was one which was locked up. I was not interested in any mines but rather wanted to investigate the industrial aspect of Silver Cities mining. As Silver City at one time was an industrial complex of many factories and mills. Most of those sites are more then likely haunted.

Tammy and I would jog along the woods it wasn't to bad considering it warmed us up a little. Their was a brief moment of silence perhaps because we were anxious. We had no idea what we would see or encounter.

Tammy and I hiked up a hill which led us to a garage, two smaller buildings, tanks and of course the massive factory which was built around the mine. The first area we would explore would be the main factory.

The main factory seemed to have 5 stories we would not have to explore it all to learn this place was pretty haunted. However my goal was to come out of there with some photos to show others how advanced mining was over a century ago.

The entrance area had soft mud it was thick their was no footprints as my shoes stuck in the mud. As I entered the factory many areas were in ruins with piles of debris and wood. Their was in the corner a grill and a potpie as if someone at one time was perhaps homeless and living inside here.

My goal here was to take EMF Readings, EVPs and a minimal amount of photos. I do not want to get into the whole gist of why I didn't take many photos but the place just isn't safe on many levels. When I walked in I found a very steep narrow series of steps which took me to the second floor. When I realized how poor the floor was as dust covered its loose planks I photographed this giant piece of machinery and a metal ore chute.

I will say I was impressed with some of the machinery as some of it is just massive. Their were many paths to take inside the factory on the lower level. Some paths went under decks....stairwells....between machinery etc the visibility was very poor and their was allot of dust inside another reason why photos here had to be minimal.

Tammy and I noticed that the building was built over the mine or at least part of it in the hill side. I did not find any shafts or tunnels but then again the place is huge did not get to see it all. I found this one area that had a series of wood stairs going off in different directions with this giant mixer coming down from the ceiling. Their was also allot of pipes and valves along with flooring made out of giant logs covered in dirt partially.

Tammy and I took our time visited this one building with smoke stacks that had these tanks inside that were rusted perhaps a boiler room. This place was deplorable like a war hit it. Their was another building that was locked up some kind of club pretty odd I didn't mess with it out of respect.

I walked around the factory and found this dead end area with these giant rusted water tanks. These things were massive about 20 something feet tall with giant mixers in each one. I looked inside as the hatch was torn off on both of them.

This area bothered me a little between the tanks their was massive shoe prints as if something hid back here a few times. At the dead end was a tunnel which led to a dead end. Then their was a concrete foundation you could climb up about 5 feet high which had more water tanks but smaller ones and a bunch of wood platforms. Their was no organization around this factory as wood planks....stairwells....and passages were all over the place.

Tammy and I took a break we talked for awhile looked at the stars took readings etc. Tammy did get a spike near the boiler room house but strangely something seemed to drain the batteries on the equipment. I didn't think much of it till I needed the equipment for things to come.

Behind the water tanks I told Tammy we could climb the wall to get up to the administration office or gate house. I thought I heard something from the gate house which was just 15 feet above us on another tier as the factory is built into the tiers of the hill.

I felt very watched and some level of discomfort as I climbed two feet onto the concrete ledge I was getting ready to devise a safe plan to get to the gate house. All of sudden I heard three solid knocks immediately Tammy and I stopped climbing standing in silence. I shut down all lights and we stood still.

Tammy thought she heard the voice of a female talking and whispering. Then after the three knocks their was pure silence as we stood still in the dark. I then strongly said if you are here with me please confirm your existence. So I tried to reproduce the knock by banging my fist on the hollow rusted water tanks.

I banged on the water tanks twice then about 6 seconds later something duplicated my knock knocking twice as I did. We knew that whatever this was A. Was intelligent and B. More then likely NOT human but ghostly since we were the only ones roaming the factory. Not to mention the whole you need a flashlight and exploring here is not a quiet feat afterall its a factory with allot of debris laying around the area so even walking on the wood planks makes noise.

We stood frozen for about 10 minutes things were really heating up I heard a voice talking actually I heard a few voices whispering from everywhere. You have to understand that since the factory is built into a hill if you followed the hill on up you could literally look in some of the windows on the second story where the flooring is weaker. So the whispers could have came from anywhere the tanks.....factory windows from any of its stories.....mine nearby or any of the smaller structures surrounding us. It was pretty eerie shit and I knew no matter where we stood I was certain we were being watched by something of the supernatural. In simple terms I got whatever was here its attention which generally happens when you spend awhile somewhere you'll stumble upon the paranormal.

After the turn of events we decided it was time to wrap up the investigation we experienced some really good ghost activity....got to explore a location very few have seen and I was pretty pleased with the fact that whatever was here responded to my request. I felt as if they were warning us not to climb up to the gate house for whatever reason I do not know but in the middle of my climb like I said three knocks then silence then me knocking then it knocking back.

But it was not just the knocking that had bearing on the investigation it was the fact that I heard spirits whispering near me but could not make out what they were saying. In the distance a dog barked from afar as from the hill side I could make out dimly little houses as those asleep were smart to stay in perhaps in one of those most haunted areas in the state of Nevada.

Tammy and I moved onto the garage to take some photos their was an old fridge in there. We eventually hiked out of the area and down to the car. Their was this huge feeling of relief the more we put distance between us and the factory. Tammy told me she had allot of fun exploring here and it turned out to be a much better location to investigate then she thought it would be. Not to mention the fact that we both just experience some major ghost activity so I am not able to declare this site haunted which might allow the county to preserve this location historically as its one of the last historic mining operations in the state of NV maybe even here out west.

Most mines are just that mines but this place was more then that and has allot of energy surrounding it. You can feel it just driving by it is what it is and more then likely men died for its purpose.

Tammy and I decided to have a little fun so I did some offroading back on this dirt road in the mountains. The foliage was real thick back here as I drove over brush that was 4 feet high at times. We had fun and found this area secluded with hills on all ends. Across from us was a big wood frame over another mining operation no mill though here just a mine on a hill.

I parked the truck put the seat back looked at the stars and I toked one up. In celebration of a successful night and to chill out from our exciting adventure in a journey into the past. I knew this location would have a high possibility of being haunted. It felt so good to sit back and smoke one after hiking around this place you have no goddamn idea lol.

Now if my crew would actually attend and learn what it is to be part of a team and work together. Sadly the creatures I seen....UFOs I sight....and ghost we encounter often gets missed by the skeptics.....and our members. Why? Because some do not understand that without commitment, loyalty and hardwork these happenings are rare occurrences. When I say rare you might go out 50 times not see a thing then their is that one location that just stands out above all the others. Sadly some people sit on the side lines and they miss some pretty good stuff visually and auditory as well.

I sometimes wish that all my members and viewers journeyed with us on our adventures. They would truly understand that over the past decade we have gathered so many crazy and phenomenal experiences. Although some can live the adventure through our website some of what we do is straight up hardcore paranormal activity that no camera, recorder or equipment could ever prove.

I am hoping that the recorder picked up the knocks so we can make it available to our viewers. One thing is for certain I look forward to my trips to Silver CIty, Gold Hill and Virginia City. Even though such factories were once strongholds of the American West not much remains but its ghost.

In two weeks actually less will be going up to Sierra Nevada's as we take to the woods in search of another adventure. Where it might lead what we might find remains to be seen however the investigator who receives answers to his questions is the one who is out their searching for the truth.

I look forward to our return to this area again their is so many places to see and so much to do my work will never be done. With that in mind this goes out towards to those who have no understanding on what it is to be part of a team. You snooze you lose if you missed this investigation you missed a good one. Sometimes you can visit a haunted location get slammed with activity then other times that very same location might not have any activity at all its a real hit and miss. Perhaps my timing was right or perhaps it comes down to we went to a location that very few dare to traverse in.

Sometimes you have more questions then you do answers when you are investigating the unknown. I felt that whatever was in the factory was extremely intelligent what more of an answer do I need then to know something strange is going on here and that concludes my report.
Lord Rick
Founder, Author and Talk Show Host

Profile E-mail