The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Saturday's Adventure Up At St. Thomas Night Of The Flood!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

Have you ever wanted to go somewhere so bad that by the time you get to visit it your so excited. Our entire night was a breathtaker all the way to the end. Sometimes when your a paranormal investigator your a UFOlogist one night or your a cryptozoologist the other. Your going to read a tale tonight about my adventure into St. Thomas one that could have been our last as the night became more and more adventurous.

Last night what turned into a small adventure turned into a grand one as we toured the ghost town of St. Thomas which sits in the confluence of the Virgin and Muddy Rivers that seep into lake mead. St. Thomas is considered the Atlantis of southern NV as at one time this area was once under water thus its all grass to marsh lands. St. Thomas was a Mormon settlement built in 1865 so it was quite older then even Las Vegas nearby. The area had many artesian springs which were the wells we discovered as we searched the area. Prior to that this town over shadowed the once ancient lost city of the Anasazi tribe.

I at least knew that this place would remind me of being back in FL when we hiked through an eco system similar to places like it. Much like FL this place also had old trails left behind where wagons once traversed on.

Our night would start off with the buffet at the Cannery which has some pretty good Italian food but the rest of it was shit in my opinion. Oh and I did enjoy them leggy cocktail waitresses they have them all dressed like pinup girls. I ate some chocolate fudge cake which also hit the spot good before a classic Lord Rick adventure. We had a bit of a trip as we had to drive through the valley of fire same location I ran into an unknown creature last year ago.....then down a dirt road leading the way to an area hidden from the public for nearly half of century.

I had picked up some things for our trip as it would be a great hike under the stars. We had a nice drive out into the valley of fire passing the 7 sisters rock. I just left Vegas and their were light showers which were scattered ending in a few minutes. I never realized that as the night went on we would be caught in a terrible storm and a rare one for southern NV.

When I go out and do the work that I do we risk our lives we want others to understand that their is more to what we do when it comes to seeking out the strange. I thought St. Thomas was a strange place if anything secluded and many warnings about staying on the trail which at times gets confusing as it weaves in and out of various foundations.

Tammy and I made it up to Overton before we would visit St. Thomas we took some other street that reminded me of the boondocks of FL...just many trailers....big trucks.....dirt roads going off to nowhere. I could see the tall grass and high vegetation. I knew that this is something we would hike through in order to visit this ghost town.

We had to turn around went back down the highway and found this dirt road that had some machinery parked on it. I am not sure but it looks like they might be making this location a designated historic site for the public.

As we went down the road it veered left and we followed it for about 4 miles. The road was honestly not bad some pot holes....some areas that could hit bottom. The ride went smooth we avoided flat tires and small obstacles. I did not see to many tracks this use to be a place you had to get to on foot through the harsh desert and below the bluffs of Lake Mead.

On our way to St. Thomas we had allot of lightening in the sky this would not stop all night long. I seen every color you could imagine and all the stars were out since the first thunderstorm was almost past us.

When we parked at the top of one of the bluffs I could not see anything it was almost miles of pitch black night. Tammy and I spotted a vehicle coming down the dirt road. We packed up our gear, food, drinks etc and booked.

When we climbed down the bluff we could see the city of Overton which was across from the lake. I could see also some harbor off to our right with a few lights. Their was also a red light that flashed on and off perhaps as a warning to traveling boats.

St. Thomas
"Night Of The Flood"

Our adventure began as we passed to our left side a small concrete foundation. I knew we were on the right track as we passed the first remnants of the town. I also knew that many of the locations would be hidden in tall grass and trees. Since the water receded it is now a dry marsh with mussels all over the ground scattered and cracked earth everywhere.

The second foundation was a 10 x 10 square foot concrete frame. It probably was at one time a stone cabin for one of the residents. I knew from studying the town that their had to more sites nearby and I did take a narrow 1 foot trail seeing nothing nearby.

It seemed their were many trails that went off into high grassland while other paths dead ended at dead brush. When the lightening went on all I could see in that split second is mountains.....bluffs....and foliage up to 8 feet high.

The third foundation was buried half under mud their was also a well the first of three we found. The well had bars over it and a bunch of debris such as wood....and brush 15 feet down. This house had an extension and the well.

We crawled up into the structure all concrete hand poured later we would find out that the entire town was built from natural sediments found within the steep shelves of the bluffs. When waters receded all that remained was a muddy shore full of foundations and tree stumps which marked the city streets of this place.

The sky was lighting up but we had a nice view of the stars with some lightening illuminating the clouds miles off in the distance. I took some EVP near the house then we moved on after taking a break here for awhile. It definitely was peaceful way off in the distance I could hear ducks on the lake. As we hiked further along the trail we had a 4 way split we went straight instead of left and found a pretty cool site.

That path would lead to the fourth foundation which appeared to be the remnants of an old schoolhouse but it was not. Their were piles of beveled bricks all over the place....along with a well....pipes and two entrances. This was a good sized foundation of about 30 x 20 feet it was in peril with a wood frame bordering the foundation itself.

Behind the foundation we spotted an unmarked trail strangely it had a metal post stating this was the main trail loop. Well we decided to take it as I pushed various foliage aside to make our way down this path. In some brush we found a concrete pillar which was made into an alter for old broken glass bottles from the towns hay day.

Things really took an odd turn for us as we continued to follow this path that split off in a few directions. I had hoped to find the sundae parlor which has a chimney but all at that time I could see was dry brush and my ankles attracted small thistles from the plants.

I felt like I was in FL....seeing the town off in the distance....lightening strikes....and dry marsh land. I had tried to cut back to the glass alter instead this path would lead us to the bluffs. We became somewhat scratched up taking sandy trails through the over growth. Parts of the mud were cracked with cracks a few feet deep at various times.

Once we were in the bluffs we no longer able to see the red blinking towers, town of Overton or lake shore light blinking light. All we could see around us were dunes of loose rock and sand.

Their was a set of eyes watching us where my flashlight reflected at them 100 feet approximately away from us. These eyes followed us as we hiked up the hill to get a better view. I thought it was strange how this furry friend stayed beyond the shadows walking with us. I at that time became bold chased it down and it moved like a cat perhaps a mountain lion cub UH Oh lol. But we were being watched this thing slowly was moving shrub to shrub cautiously watching maybe someone's house cat.

We also discovered at least a dozen different sandy trails that led through brush....and tall grass. On some of the trails which we took in hopes of them crossing the main trail we found some odd animal stool. Some of it was fresh but they were very large muddy piles on all the unmarked trails of something pretty big. It probably was a wild burro but its hard to say whatever it was seemed to have some serious runs man because I found about a hundred of them piles in the middle of nowhere.

We climbed to the top of one that was almost 50 to 60 feet high only to see that we were much further from Overton and black shadows of earth revealed miles of grass lands and mountains each time the storm lit up the sky. It did start to rain their was some lightening close in the area but 3 hours later the storm was heading to overton. Many of the bluffs had some drop offs so we had to be careful when we were walking on top of them.

Tammy and I were worried about being caught in an all out thunderstorm but instead a few sprinkles meant they were scattered but nonetheless flash flooding in any bluffs could occur meaning a wall of water and death. At this point I started getting us to higher ground. Sometimes what occurs is water collects high up on the mountains then comes rushing down the washes only to run off into the bluffs so yeah. You would not even know its coming except with a few seconds warning.

We seen from one of the hills a cars tail lights perhaps their is other dirt roads but we were a mile out of the way with almost a dozen hills to climb ahead of us. Our flashlights are very low wattage and not very reliable. My flashlight burnt out and after a few hours and we went through quite a few batteries.

In between the hills were small valleys of just dead brush and tall grass lands. Each and everytime lightening went off all I could see for miles is rolling hills of high grass and dead foliage. It reminded me of a horror movie everything looked the same for miles no car in site....the town was no longer visible....their were no lights and our flashlights reached maybe 15 feet out ahead of us even when I attached my head lamp combined with two other stronger lights of mine. It was dark out there and some of the climb required some hands and knees ascensions to higher areas.

I had a pretty good idea that the lightening over Overton meant our car was to the northwest based on the position of it when we arrived. So I started to take us through the hills instead of around them. At times we climbed on our hands and knees up the steep banks taking breaks at the top of each bluff. Their were times you could see that the waterline came up to certain levels hard to believe that allot of this area was underwater at one time.

In the darkness when the lightening flashed I spotted a much larger bluff which was not round but flat on top. I had a feel that was where our car was parked and the road that ran along on it. Our biggest issue would be getting over there. We had to cross a giant valley of dead brush the type that can cut you up with every step with no visibility. I cut a path through the dead brush and told Tammy to trust me that this night is far from over. We pushed and pushed until we reached the hill where the brush stopped. When I started to ascend the giant steep hill I came right up onto the dirt road.

I never was so happy it did not even seem like it but we had been hiking through desert brush....in and out of small valleys for 4 hours trying to get back to the car. Wandering off the trail at night here would prove to be quite challenging it is something I would have use to caution with.

We took a break at the car gathering up some more drinks and food as we planned a second run onto the main trail. This time we would stay on the main trail and follow it to its entirety which is about 2.5 miles round trip. It was about 4am at that time we could hear some thunder and see some lightening. Tammy already spotted a couple meteors that night but their was not much paranormal activity at least I would say yet.

I did not want another incident like before the car was a mere needle in a hay stack sitting on one of hundreds of bluffs in the area. So this time we had plans to either mark the trail or at least stick to some of the main visible ghost town sites.

We started to head down the trail their were but a few mild sprinkles of rain. It was very humid and hot but the lake breeze throughout the night kept us pretty cool at times and it felt good.

We hiked past the first few foundations we visited earlier. This time something had changed though. On our way to the first few sets of the ghost town Tammy smelt this odd odor. I smelled it to but it smelled like plastic was burning and it was strong.

On the main trail it came once again to a 4 way cross roads. We went left this time which my light caught sets of eyes watching us on the trail. Those eyes turned out to be two decent sized spiders just sitting in the middle of the trail. One of them scurried off fast but the other spider let me get an inch from him to take a nice nature close up shot. I love spiders their pretty cool creatures if you deal with as many as I do.

I noticed that their was a cold spot not to far away from this location it was contained and I felt it was our first run in with something ghostly here. The grass and brush on this trail was allot more harsh and taller. We found this tiny trail that led us to a giant foundation with a tree planted in the middle as if this was some sort of court yard. Their was also another well next to it.

When we were back on the main trail I took an overgrown path had Tammy wait with her lights and I found another small foundation to perhaps another concrete cabin all overgrown. Tammy and I were now making some good time I was trying to take EVPs at the most major sites within the ghost town. We both were really tired as we had raked up miles of hiking as we arrived here 10ish at night and here it was 4:30am.

We got back on the trail pushing on found this overgrown path which in the distance I could see a white chimney towering above the brush. This location would turn out to be the old ice cream parlor. Some of the structure stayed in tact but you could see its heavy concrete roofing collapsed. We would set up base camp here as I recorded EVPs......drank....ate and explored the ruins.

We turned off all our lights this location I felt watched here the entire time. Their was a cold spot on the back side of the parlor as Tammy found a boat rotor and I found some rusted round metal object hanging off a part of the foundation.

Just after another meteor shot across the night sky Tammy pointed on an odd sighting. Their was what appeared to be a star but it gave off a bright light then slowly became dimmer to a point where it vanished for a few seconds then once again turning bright. My guess was maybe it was a brown dwarf....quasar....or even possibly a mother ship outside our solar system. I mean seriously what was it that we both seen? Part of being a paranormal investigator means being in the night in places people normally do not go. The stars.....planets....and constellations were evident but this was not.

The winds were picking up a storm was brewing or another one was coming through. I at least felt that it didn't sound good when you could hear thunder off in the distance. Now keep in mind the sky was clear except over Overton and some mountains to the west. When the lightening struck you could make out the mountains.....desert....dunes....and grass lands flickering as if we were in some horror movie. For old times sake I smoked one before we would head on out to do some more exploring. In Amsterdam people smoke at the cafe me I smoke my 420 at an old ice cream parlor nice!

We packed up our gear after UFO watching and I told Tammy if we find another awesome set of ruins I will slam a Miller down. At this point I have to admit we had worked hard hiking for hours....exploring the bluffs......cutting through grass lands and dry marsh. I was sitting their praying to gods that we find another set of ruins we could explore. We went up the path and to the main trail only to find out that it took us to a massive set of ruins. The basement of the house was deep and their was grass growing inside. At this time it was miller time and it was gone lol. I could hear ducks not to far off in the distance sadly though it was so dark out we never were able to see the lake just hear its wildlife.

We continued to hike on I took quite a few photos including us exploring all the ruins and we did believe me. I took some recordings at this location and then the real fun began.

While the trail cut towards the back we found a rectangle stone slab looked like a hidden well or maybe a grave marker. I want others to know that those who were buried near the town site were exhumed and moved to the new St. Thomas Cemetery up near Overton. I also noticed two concrete broken bases perhaps these were pillars used to hold up the roofing. Ill explain further about this in detail below.

We continued this trail which led us to the biggest set of foundations in the entire ghost town. Tammy and I believed it was city hall. Their was a giant stone pillar laying across a stairwell that curved outward. But as of today I was informed it is in fact the school house.

Everything had a bevel including the foundation.....pillars.....and structure. Remnants of the building were piled amongst the foliage growing within the foundation. We found a giant concrete slab which looked like the roof or second story. The concrete was made with the same material from the bluffs it is and sadly it didn't look to stable either.

On the backside of the building the stairs were not curved however their was concrete patterns that indicated that perhaps it had flower gardens on each side of the them. I also found a well this one was dry and inside was this rusted tank just hanging off one of the pipes. This leads me to believe that this ghost town had running water and perhaps working sewage.

Its hard to believe that when the dam was built that this town was drowned and today here it is a vast dry marsh hiding so many little secrets all left over from the past.

Now lets talk about something odd. When the main trail looped around this massive foundation I went to hit record on my digital sound recorder. The recorder had malfunctioned playing either what sounded like my voice at least a two seconds of it from my last sound clip. What was even stranger is when I went to play my previous sound clip taken at the last set of ruins the clip was damaged or didn't record to its entirety. You could barely hear my voice it was all distorted with static and a screeching sort of sound as if the recorder was damaged. I was having allot of problems with the recorder even working. The only part that recorded previously was me saying what the Fuc* and that was it. Ill have to spend sometime breaking down the recordings and carefully listening for any EVPs that would indicate something of a ghostly nature.

The main trail wrapped around the entire foundation but it did not continue on. I had went down a narrow trail but it ended in foliage so thick that whatever was beyond here was perhaps hidden under sediment and high brush. At this point we decided it was time to get going a storm was brewing.

We had over a mile back to the car and behind us the sun was about to arise. It was still very dark out but we did not really need our flashlights anymore. On the northwest side of town their was dark clouds rolling in and allot of purple lightening that branched out like a spider web or ancient oak. The moon was just a crescent the first time we seen it all night long guess the mountains and clouds hid it during our exploration.

We were wrapping up the investigation at the four way split in the main trail deciding to follow a trail to the north briefly. The trail narrowed to a single lane sandy path in the very high grass and after about 300 feet I yelled to Tammy to head on back. If there was any foundations back here they were hidden real good or I just did not go far enough back.

St. Thomas was a large town perhaps the building with the beveled bricks was the train station. At one point in the 1930s the town had 500 remaining as waters were consuming it. Based on my exploration I learned that the sand buried half of the town as some foundations were buried halfway in earth.

We had about three quarters of a mile back to the car it was sprinkling I smiled looking up at the sky. I have wished for months to be able to walk in the rain it felt so good.

Moments after the mild sprinkle their was an abundant sound of thunder and we seen allot of lightening strikes. The rain caused the area to smell like shit. As I explained earlier I found hundreds of piles of dung while hiking. Well it was mainly all dry imagine what happened when the water hits it. Its like freeze dried shit you add water to it and watch it scent the air like grandma cooking up a mean snack.

We passed by on the trail an area of brush that was cindered and burnt as we were hiking back to the car. It was apparent that while we were lost hiking in and out of the bluffs the very main trail we were doing our investigation at had a major lightening strike. Because we were lost earlier in the night we totally missed the incident and thus this explained that burnt smell we came across while hiking earlier in the night. Amazing how life works but the truth is everything happens for a reason we could have been struck earlier when the first storm came threw but we still were not out of the clear yet trust me.

I made a video but it came out a little dark but it is of me walking through the high grass along the trail and I am basically discussing the storm in it. Seconds later the storm was all around us. Tammy was counting the strikes and thunder we both felt that it was far away enough where we had time to get to our car then within seconds mayhem occurred.

Within moments we had a giant lightening strike in front of us it was close real close. I remained pretty calm but felt that if their was ever a time to start running on one of my investigations this might be the time. I was about 20 feet in front of Tammy looking back I seen lightening strike behind her it was close real close she almost got struck. The bolt was pure purple, white and pink. I am not sure I ever been this close to lightening ever. We had lightening striking all over the place and a large hill to climb ahead of us as the car was off in the distance..

It started to rain much harder the drops were huge and I had 150 feet and we ran it to the car. When I arrived at the car I looked back she was behind me. Tammy was struggling to get up the hill as the entire area started to flood. She was on all fours and her feet kept slipping. I got the car started and then Tammy made it inside we had to split. We had no time the area was flooding.......and the road was washing out.

I turned the car around on the narrow bluff....Tammy tells me we have no wiper blades. I had no visibility and well it was time to do what I do best which is driving. I spent many years off roading in snow storms, swamps, wagon roads, forest and even floods. Tammy was real scared having a hard time catching her breath. Her hair was dripping and I picked up the camera started to film just in case for whatever reason it is we get hit with a flash flood or wall of water similar to what happened up in Nelson many years ago. People were eating at the restaurant and a wall of water about 20 feet high came down the canyon killing anything in its path.

I realized that this storm was big I had 4 miles of rough dirt road to get through and the rain was coming down in waves. I got the car up to over 40 mph and raced to get out of here. I looked to my left and between the hills I seen lower areas flooding surrounding the bluffs.

As I was speeding down the road we had to go up this giant hill and go down it. At the bottom of the hill was flooding I drove right through it as muddy water was being slung high up in the air from the front tires.

This was only the beginning half of the road in this one area was washed out and their was a drop off. I quickly swerved to the right along the edge and we the encountered a series of hills. The issue I had with this is that at the bottoms of the hills the road was flooded. I could not stop the car or we would be stuck the mud was very deep.

I went sliding through deep mud and skidding right through it. The tires were spinning but I made it by gliding through it due to my speed. The road at times had a few turns that just added to the excitement. I had to remain focused concentrating on making sure we got out of here.

Those few minutes of trying to climb out of this area were the longest of my life but I remained calm. I was amazed how bad this storm was and thought to myself in a sense of humor way that out of all nights to go out we end up in this.

I was driving with my left hand while filming the road. I will eventually add the video footage its not the best but you can see most of our escape out of this place....the rain....and flooding. It was pretty treacherous a story I could tell the grandkids some day. As I am filming this I am talking everybody through what I am experiencing fairly calm. The film was cut short prior to us getting back on the main road but its reality you will not see something like this on Ghosthunters lol

As we were almost onto the main road I went down a hill and although visibility was poor I could see a couple feet of water just pouring over the dirt road. The road had mud over a foot deep and I am in a car with no traction low to the ground. We never expected this as some of you know southern NV hardly ever gets rain but when it rains it can turn deadly.

Anyhow....when I came down this large hill their was a straight away it had allot of mud. I had to pick up my speed I knew I had to go through it or we would be doomed perhaps stuck or caught in a flash flood. I hit this patch pretty fast but yet the cars tires started to spin....Tammy was holding on and the car spun 90 degrees to the left. I had only a couple seconds to react or we were crashing as the car was out of control. I quickly with one hand spun the steering wheel to the right a few times.....gave it gas....and with the thought of smoking a big fat bowl when I got home we made it.

I knew I could do it and I was pretty happy to see the highway up ahead. I never pulled so fast onto the pavement with a big shit eating grin. It reminded me of our great escape we made out of Mount Potosi in a snow storm that consumed the area when we hit black ice on this narrow road through the pass and the car was sliding all over as we lost our brakes. I remember that feeling I had and it was the same knowing that it wasn't pretty but we did it.

As we headed up into Overton it was apparent that the storm that hit earlier caused allot of damage. I noticed fallen tree limbs.....debris on the road from the winds....their was a part of the road that was washed out which I plowed through. I tend to plow through anything this is a forewarning for future investigators if it means us escaping out of a place ill go through it if I cant get out. This means snow, floods, rain, gates and even people if they are attacking my vehicle.

Even though Overton was very breezy and wet the storm had already passed through this place earlier. It appeared that we had escaped the heart of the storm which struck the St. Thomas area. Sadly Overton would get hit again as the mountains to the west had some pretty dark clouds moving on in.

I passed by a sign that said St. Thomas cemetery then remembered that last year ago I came up here and could not find the place. I was being a little daring decided that maybe we could make a quick stop get a few photos then remembered that last year we tried to locate this place and could not find it.

I guess the cemetery is hidden behind someone's property because the road is private property. What we found last year down that road was a bunch of abandoned old cars....peoples washers......a few big houses way off in the distance but no cemetery. I pulled onto the property turning the car back around it still was sprinkling mildly.

Instead of heading into the Valley of Fire I decided to go around it. I can only imagine how bad the flooding is in that region. Overton was pretty quiet I stopped at the Mc Donalds to get my things organized and get some things out of the trunk.

For those that are not aware Overton is the site of the Lost City museum which is not far from the lost Anasazi ancient city. It is also right their on Lake Mead and borders the Valley Of Fire. Its a very desert and mountainous region life is relatively quiet here. As I kept heading north up towards Mesquite I found another way onto the interstate although it was 20 miles out of the way we were able to get back to Vegas.

On the way back to Vegas we were heading south which crossed the storm. But at least we were not on a dirt road....or stuck in a small town....or in the wilderness with lower altitudes prone to flooding. Tammy took a photo for all of you to see of the storm which the clouds are so low they are rolling across the ground and blocking an entire mountain range to the west of us. The photo will be available in a couple months when we add St. Thomas onto our website.

When we almost arrived home the sun rose behind the mountains to our east. Vegas had a few clouds but thee skies were blue and we got some breakfast. I am not a huge fan of Las Vegas but ill tell you what I could have kissed the stratosphere in front of millions serious.

Hence while ill always call this exploration night of the flood because we didn't just traverse to this lost city but we also escaped it too. I had a pretty good time kind of glad I did not bring our new recruits on this trip they probably would have went crazy the moment we got lost even more so after I decided to hike back into the ghost town a second time that night lol.

Ill talk about St. Thomas on our radio show this Friday a bit more in detail and about the storm that came through the area. Sadly ever storm weathers and eventually washes away these hidden jewels. One day St. Thomas may completely vanish from public eyes. It was worth the risk between the cool desert breeze....awesome hiking....and giant ruins left behind of the Atlantis of southern NV.

I tried to make Tammy smile by telling her that at least their was no wild bears....or hungry alligators lurking in the tall grass and that thankfully all our car needs is a car wash. The work we do is dangerous we always have to be ready for anything but we also have to be thankful for our safety so I say live life like its your last.

We experienced so many different things someone could question how we could hike for over 6 miles....investigate St. Thomas not once but twice in a night....get lost for hours and get caught in a flood. The answer is we work hard at what we do were not rich....were not getting paid to do this.....and were not televised. But our work will always show on our site and you learn from each experience which might help you with the next. I know that some of my friends will say this was a classic Lord Rick adventure and tonight my story is told.

These are the true chronicles of The Paranormal & Ghost Society and I am its founder Lord Rick! I love getting lost and I love taking the roads where no man has gone before. Tammy asked how is it she survives all these things and said maybe I have an angel looking out for me. I sometimes am skeptical of angels only because they are of religious origins. But I do believe that years of experiences can prove useful and as a paranormal investigator I been through thick and thin. I have stuck with this even when their are times I had no investigators or support. A decade later almost and here we are angel or not were here to tell you real tales! www.paranormalghostsociety.org

St. Thomas served as a place where miners could pick up food and supplies. It was a futuristic town compared to others in the wild west with its concrete structures with rhubarb. It was a place that had an ice cream parlor and an oasis of lush fields where farming could be done. It will never look the same but it is a place that was lost not forgotten so were glad we can bring it to you from a paranormal perspective.

I really am looking forward to being able to share our finds and work with the public on our site. Sadly when I arrived home the only loss we had is during some of our more treacherous climbs in the bluffs I lost half of my rechargeable batteries and a lithium battery for one of my cameras. I figured this happened during my climbing up and over high steep bluffs or when the foliage brushed up against the zipper on my pack. I am not upset about it we got dirty and we explored in depth the area so its bound to happen. We just hope others can support us as we enjoy bringing you guys adventurous tales and explorations of the unknown.

If anybody has anything they can donate such as batteries triple and double A's or gear please get in touch with me. If you wish to donate towards our site....cause and towards our trips you can do so on paypal to GodOfThyNight@aol.com we need donations to replace broken equipment and apply it towards better gear which also keeps us safer at night. We thank you for your support.
Lord Rick
Founder, Author & Talk Show Host

Profile E-mail