The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: The Lord Has Risen My Expedition Of Snow Mountain.......
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:50 am 
Site Admin

My exploration of Snow Mountain.....or perhaps some know it as the Sheep Mountain Range....which Gass Peak was my objective was a story of strength, tragedy, mishaps, and even beauty. Being an explorer is a never ending search into locations most people never get to visit or see in their entire lives. However being a paranormal investigator is a never ending search for the truth. I know this is what some of you been waiting for in suspense and therefore I am giving it to you the good and the bad.

I knew that this trip would not be easy as I had very little clothing, equipment, and was shorthanded. It also is December a very harsh time for the Sheep Mountains with snow storms, cold temperatures, high winds etc. The area is one of the least hiked mountain ranges surrounding Las Vegas. That is why I chose this place.

So I made sure I took a lot of photos and video footage for our website and personal friends who wanted to see the expedition from start to finish. I think my expedition will help others out who dare to traverse in this harsh terrain but also give a little incite to others who want to become an explorer to realize the dangers involved. Of course things did not help considering I am suffering from Knee problems so I had to be extra cautious.

Little did I know that years ago I would climb to the top of the mountains....snow mountain is just a part of all of this it is not the entire climb I did though. My exploration of the area may be an inspiration to some although my sons are mad at me for doing it and told me I am not allowed to climb anymore mountains. My roommates child looked out the window and seen me actually way up by the peak lol.

A lot of planning went into this trip problem is because it is unknown country there is no set trails or way to climb you just have to hope that you are making the right decisions which will save your life but the wrong turn can take your life. You can look at a mountain and say hey its just a giant rock but once you walk up to that giant rock you start to learn of cliffs, canyons, steep ledges and things you thought were not going to stand in the way of your climb.

I do a lot of free climbing no ropes, no gear, just my own will power to get where I have to go which is up. Now getting down that is another story probably harder going down then it is up that is lesson one. Lesson two is do your research something I do but don't do with certain places because I love to learn as I go. Lesson three is do not go alone however sometimes I go alone so that others are not put at risk its fine its a choice I chose to take.

Of course that is what my site is at www.paranormalghostsociety.org its a way to inform others if they so decide to explore the places we already been to. Its an inspiration to those who are not able to explore the areas we are able to do.

I woke up early Sunday....gathered my things...gave all the kids hugs and kisses. I then went to Smiths picked up subs, drinks, snacks, and dark chocolate yummm. I also picked up a back up lighter you just never know. I was pretty anxious kept staring at the summit thinking yep soon I will be at the top.

Keep in mind as I sit here and do this report I am in a lot of pain which ill explain later in this report. But I felt others would like to read about my exploration so here it is all in black and white.

I drove to the south end of the Sheep Mountain Range nothing but desert....and a public works project which is the proposal for a shooting range, park, dinosaur exhibit area and a few other things. The south side keep in mind is very unknown to hikers and climbers. To get to Gass peak would be easier to hit on the other side but I did not know this so my ascension would start off with a hike in the desert, foothills, mountains and eventually summit and so my journey began here.

Sheep Mountain Range/Snow Mountain/Gass Peak

I parked my car at the public works project and had to hike in. It was a dismal day....snowing up at MT. Charleston....very cloudy...the sun just did not want to peak through. Which was okay with me because I did not want to overheat.

There was an old wagon trail twisting and turning in the desert leading to the foot hills of the sheep mountains. The closer I inched towards the mountains the more obstacles I started to see.

On the trail I noticed some Indian burial grounds....I also noticed that the mountains were a lot further away then I thought. So it took me awhile to get into the hills but the closer I hiked in the more interesting the scenic hills became. Like one small hill had a bunch of holes and wind erosion in it.

I could tell that this trip would not go in my favor....I had a sharp cactus needle go deep in my foot the first half hour of hiking. I pulled it out and ignored that it occurred. An old guy snuck up on me on his bicycle said good morning to me he was dirt biking on the wagon trail but I knew he would not be rock climbing with me. I had put my Santa hat on so the guy was probably trying to figure out what the hell somebody was doing with a Santa Hat hiking towards the mountains lol.

I went around a small mountain and the trail ended. It was time to make my way to the peak. There is no right or wrong way you just climb and climb....and breath. I went into a canyon it was very tight on both ends you start to lose site of the peak once your in a place like this. I have a photo of the narrow passage leading into the mountains its rather spooky looking.

See this was not just a mountain it was a mountain range separating Vegas from the Mojave desert and I had to get through various mountains to get to the gold which was the summit. I had no idea what I was getting myself into but nonetheless I kept myself very optimistic. What I thought would be a few hours turned into hours upon hours of rock climbing.

When I entered the canyon the first mile was gradual twist and turns. The first wall I climbed was about 10 feet high very smooth almost could not make it up their was nothing to grip onto. Along that canyon and its cliffs I noticed many small holes possible caverns and lots of them. I did not have time to explore any of the holes as my goal was set on getting to the top of the mountains. I felt watched in the canyon for a long time actually I felt the spirits of the native American people almost as if they were trying to warn me to turn back.

The silence within the canyons was amazing you could hear a pin drop. As I made my way through them at times I noticed that they split to the left and right. I did everything right working my way to the top because certain canyons were more dangerous then others.

The obstacles became much harder as I pushed on it went from desert...to narrow canyons...to walls...eventually to tall cliffs and giant boulders. Along the way up I could see the fauna changing to such as barrel cactuses that were 200 years old.....trees.....and other sorts of plants. On one of the sides of the cliffs their had to be 20 of these cactuses growing it rains a lot up here so they were bright bright red.

I had to jump over a crevice.....and climb a tricky cliff I think I am getting to old to be lifting my legs higher then my head lol but I did it. I forgot to stretch before the hike and cramps were setting in. I had cramps in both calves, my feet, above the knee, and in my arms. When I took a few breaks the cramps went away.

Things were getting worst.....I climbed up this one cliff to my left was a good drop I was hanging on when my heavy backpack shifted to my left almost pulling me down. I actually was laughing took a photo of it to hanging on do not ask you wont understand. I then used my arms pulled myself up and pushed on.

On the way up I found a lot of big horn sheep shi* I did not see any though hell I did not see any wild life period. I thought I heard a snake....and at times I thought I heard the sound of horns ramming this happened on a few occasions yet no big horn sheep so who knows.

The mountain was starting to become like a giant puzzle even looking ahead what appeared to be a 10 foot cliff turned into a 50 foot one. At times going up the canyon I would come up to a dead end which was one of the cases where it was turn around or climb around it. So I climbed up a crevice then hung on for dare life on a cliff pulling myself up to a plateau when I sat up on top behind me was a small cave. This did not go very deep but it was big enough to stand up or even camp out for the night if I had to. Problem is that the mountain was like a spider many many ravines finding the same way back you climbed up literally was astronomically impossible.

There was no set trails some of the canyons I had to climb through trees......eventually after I worked my way past the foot hills the peak I could finally see and even Las Vegas behind me. I could see the water tanks near my car they were extremely small miles away. I knew I was at the point of no return.

I found an area that went three different ways splitting off to different peaks....near this area along the ledge of a cliff I found a vein do you know what that means? I discovered gold hahahahaha Ill never tell where it is but if per say I was to take a pick to that vein I would find gold, silver, zinc etc which are said to be around this mountain.

When your nearing the peak even when your in the middle of Vegas it looks all like one mountain but that was my mistake. You see when I made it halfway up the canyons I noticed about 3 more mountains Id have to either climb or work my way around to get to the summit. But from afar it looks like one mountain but when you actually are in the canyon there are many many peaks.

One of the peaks I went up the side to the top....then made it into a valley. I found a new washout that was the one I planned on taking back to the desert from the one peak the washout was not as severe of a hike a lot of just downhill walking no visible cliffs or anything. I was like yeah Ill be home for supper with the boys that started to not be the case.

At this point things were not going to well both straps on my backpack broke I had to tie it so now it was cutting into my back. I was hiking with one shoe on one shoe off. I had doubled my socks because I wanted to make sure I didn't lose my shoes when climbing. Well the shoe had it and by the time I almost reached the peak my right foot was completely bare.

I did not minding hiking in just my sock on it was not to bad but as I got closer to the peak I noticed a change in the rocks to. For example the lower part of the mountain had small gravel, sand, and giant boulders. While halfway up was a lot of fauna like cactuses and trees. While the last couple thousand feet was a lot of sharp rocks sometimes a red sand stone....and other sorts. The rocks were sharp and they tore my shoe up...then eventually the sock but I was to close to the peak to turn around.

At this time it was almost 3pm and I had been hiking since 8am. So I had been hiking straight for 7 hours. I was amazed that it was taking this long and in a way it was exciting because the scenery changed constantly from plateaus, canyons, ravines, cliffs, red rocks, white colored rocks, bright red cactuses, caves etc I never been on a mountain like this and during my hike at times I heard gun shots.

I have no regrets the climb up went smooth but if you are not patient you could die so I took it very slow even though I could eventually see the antenna at the summit it did disappear when I came up to another mountain in front of me. I had to climb it then carefully work my way for almost half of mile hugging the cliff. It was intense as I was watching all of Las Vegas below me.

When I came around the mountain I was almost at the summit the only problem is I had hundreds of feet of loose rocks on a steep grade. The skies were dark things were not looking to well as I knew I would not make it off the mountain by nightfall I was very sad.

It took me almost 2 hours to go the last 1000 feet to get even near the summit. I had to climb up hundreds of loose fist sized rocks. I would go 10 feet...fall two feet it was just a struggle on my hands and knees. My foot was bleeding...my hands were hurting me....the wind was starting to take effect...the temperatures dropped drastically. I remember have to make my way to a ridge it was narrow but had enough room to walk along....some plants blocked the way and cactuses.

I also noticed many air force jets flying over me.....when I was resting near one of the cliffs....one flew past me so close I could have thrown a rock at it. I tried to get my camera and could not get to it in time. The plans fly over the peak and land up at Nellis Airforce Base. I started to assume that the structure with antennas and all was something put there by government...but today I found out that it is a station and all put together with supplies brought in from helicopters since its literally impossible to get to the peak.

I also noticed that the first thousand feet of the mountain I seen water bottles, littler, garbage etc on occasion but when I made my way past a certain elevation those things did not exist which means very very few humans have ever traversed in this area I was in if any at all on some of them mountains near the peak.

I was almost at the peak and had more steep climbs it was like a very narrow bridge near the summit. I stood on it actually stood on the lower peak. I was only a few hundred feet away from Gass Peak but the peak I was on was connected by another steep incline to it.

I stood at the peak the wind was picking up then fog rolled in or rather cloud cover. Within a matter of 5 minutes sleet was hitting me hard in the face and ran. The temperature dropped and I had to get out off the mountain. I had to do it real fast because the snow storm I seen on Mt. Charleston was coming right at me and full force.

I ended up taking photos did my video....got a good look at the facility on Gass Summit I noticed no more air force jets either so I knew something was up. But I made it to the area all the way without losing my Santa hat ha. Getting off would not be pleasant as night fall was setting in all of Las Vegas was lit including the neighborhood I currently live in. I left some food and tobacco up at the summit area for the spirits of the native Americans as an offering for safe passage.

On a clear day I am sure it would be even more beautiful but the dismal shots will look good for the site. I got off the peak quick actually I went down on my back really fast for a few hundred feet. It was time to rock n roll no games no glory just get away from the cold summit and back to civilization.

It was almost 5PM and the desert around me grew to pitch black. I could no longer see the cliffs, drop offs, ravines, or even original way back. I had plans on sliding back down and going around the mountain to a valley. Where their was a decent washout...or trail with very little cliffs problem is I went left and missed the turn off. I had no problem with going to the left as even in the night I could see that if I followed this canyon it was obvious it would come out into the desert. I could see the shadow of the mountains splitting it up for miles the problem was this canyon was deadly on all levels. It was a canyon meant to be repelled in not climbed in at night.

I was making good time from the peak down a steep canyon did not think much of it my mind was set get home cook dinner for my sons. Well things took a wrong turn my other show tore when climbing....and minutes later was completely barefoot thousands of feet up with it sleeting. My feet were cold as I stepped in puddles of water that gathered within the rocks.

The other problem was that during the sliding down the mountain and working my way into this canyon I tore a hole through my jeans, my sweat pants, and my underwear. My bare ass was exposed completely I did not realize it was as bad as it was until I felt with my hand and realize that I was injured. My feet were bleeding and I had abrasions from sliding down.

I worked my way for a few hundred feet crawling like a spider using my hands and feet. It had to be this way their was no other way. If I slid I could catch myself from going over a cliff. I sure chose the wrong canyon to go into this was not a friendly one at all.

It took me 8 hours just to travel a mile down into this canyon in pouring rain as I hugged walls, jumped down rock walls, slit down steep grades etc I would go for 50 feet then come across another steep cliff. The first steep drop off I got real close to the edge realized I could not climb down so I carefully either had two choices go back up to the peak or try to work my away along the canyon then find a steep area into it.

So I went to my left carefully right along the edge of the cliff loose stones...pouring rain...I started to slide almost went over grabbed a plant holding on for dear life. I noticed whenever I came up to a cliff in the canyon I could get around that cliff by back tracing then climbing to the peak of each mountain then sliding down to where it levels off in the ravine/canyon. I did this about 8 different times the problem was is I would not see the cliff till I was right up onto it.

It was a pain because I would be working my way down into the canyon...then climb down a small cliff....and stand in a 6 foot narrow plateau only to find out that it would drop off 50 feet down. I started to use a stone method ahead of time where I would take a rock throw it over if I heard it roll it meant no cliff if it took seconds to drop it meant another drop off.

I was using a military flashlight but the batteries were not all that new so it did not give me much light. I pulled out a mag lite its the one that does not stay on long but surprisingly it stayed on a few hours with bright light but eventually it cut off. I was in pitch black and I thought I lost one of my lites but found out my son took it because he did not want me to be without a lite he was like dad I know you loose stuff when hiking lol.

Boy did I lose stuff a hole was in my bag and when I climbed a 14 foot cliff down where I hugged it I lost all my rechargeable batteries, my 420 pipe, my inhaler, and my insoles for arch support for my feet cause I have foot support problems. Things were not pretty but I was doing it barefoot I was climbing cliffs all the way down this deep canyon and at some points their ravines that ran also inside the cliffs where I could climb in to avoid the rain.

At times their was patches off this grass like plant that grew within the canyon when I stepped on them it gave my feet relief so I spent most of my hike finding various patches to step on. The rocks were harsh for two miles I stepped on sharp rocks every time I stepped down was excruciating pain. It was like walking on hot coals a few times I fell down because of the pain on my back...on one occasion my back pack stopped my fall from getting hurt and going over an edge.

Everytime I found a smooth rock I stepped on it I spent over a mile watching rocks....following plant life....testing distances with rocks slowly working my way off the mountain. The whole formation of the mountain is you have many peaks and mountains with steep canyons. Some canyons not so bad others very difficult to move through.

When a canyon became to harsh I would beat it and go over the mountain that ran along it only to come into another canyon. This came tedious because at times instead of descending I was traveling up and down eastward further away from my car. The lights from Las Vegas started to disappear as the mountains engulfed me as I worked my way down.

I did climb into a deep ravine and found a small cave. I went into the cave but water was leaking in....I laid down to rest for a bit and ended up having to take off my clothes. I left my jeans...turned around my sweat pants and underwear that way I had some cushion on my back side. I thought I heard a voice imagine how spooky that is your in some canyon pitch black and you hear a voice near by. I heard a banging sound twice during my hike down to I have no idea and more then likely I didn't care what beast was roaming in the night my mission changed from getting to the summit to survival.

My food was all ruined to so I had to ditch the subs...and the dark chocolate was melted all over the bag and place. I was a very sad man at this point just every effort turned into a project throughout the night.

Even though I was barefoot it became an advantage to me I was able to put my feet in grooves within the rocks and climb down. The bigger cliffs I had to go all the way around it was actually amazing how when I came across a cliff I was able to work my way around it then stand on the bottom. The canyon had many small ravines and canyons intersection so no matter which way I took it led me back into the same area. One area I came across was like giant steps each one 6 to 8 feet in height just amazing even in the night.

It was pretty easy to get frustrated at times especially when you risk your life climbing down jagged rocks and small cliffs only to come across an area that was impassable. By the time 1am rolled around I could see the blinking light near where I parked the car I was only a few miles away I worked out a system where to walk where not to walk....throwing rocks along the way etc.

I was wet...it was cold...my equipment was wet but the cameras kept working the entire time even though they were soaked with water totally amazing. My feet I could barely feet at thing point. I no longer had my jeans which was fine because wet jeans cause you to maneuver a lot slower especially when climbing.

The human body is made to adapt so I adapted well barefoot to the area I was climbing very fast down certain areas. The problem is when I got down into the canyon at a lower elevation I came across a series of very sharp rocks.

This did me in the cut the abrasion on my back side hurt so bad I could no longer even slide on my back let alone even sit down. My feet were swollen and cut I could no longer walk. I was in the canyon and it was split in half. To my left was a deep ravine...and in front of me was a cliff. Then to my right was a narrow ledge which at night I did not see till sun up but that ledge if carefully taken could lead me down to the bottom of the cliff. I was just about down inching my way along narrow ledges especially after the abrasion I had on my backside.

I climbed down an 7 foot wall almost could not get back up and in front of me was a pit. The pit was a 10 foot jump down which pretty much would have gotten me out of the canyon and almost to the desert. The problem is if I jumped down the pit without room to roll I would break something. So I decided to climb out after hanging my feet over the pit relaxing for a bit. When I climbed out I took the ridge which I slid down dropped onto a ledge found out a cliff was in front of me. It was dark lights were running out...my feet would not let me stand anymore and the abrasion was so bad I could not even move hardly.

I was laying in the rain my backpack fell apart everything slid out onto the steep slope scattering all over the place. I crawling and gathered everything to keep it safe. The temperature dropped drastically to almost freezing point. Earlier when I spent sometime under a cliff I tried to light some dried up plants and they did not light.

Well this time I was more determined so I grabbed a bunch of grass and finally got it to light. It burnt out quick so I was only able to get heat a few minutes at a time. I was laying right near a cliff and a ravine that would lead to the bottom of that I could not get down. I stayed at this location all night long....I saved one of my shoes and managed to start it on fire. Rubber burns a long time and my shoe burned for over an hour. I was able to light the shoe....and had about eight different grass like plants near me so I could fuel the fire when it became dim.

The fire kept me warm as I laid near it but it was a very small fire. I put my hood on then took my beanie and put it on my foot. I took my Santa hat and put it on the other foot to keep them warm. I could not move as I reached for plants I seen others near by but could not move hardly so the fire died and I was in a ball for the third time that night trying to keep myself warm.

When the sun came up I was on my back trying to signal in my radio for help. I did a channel search and nobody was coming in clear. On one channel I asked a man to help me and he said he would call 911. I never heard back from him. I heard construction trucks so I knew I was not to far from the car Id say a few miles away and I could see the desert almost. I was almost off of the mountain but pretty much trapped if I had better shoes I probably could have climbed my way off the mountain carefully as I did find a steep area to climb down but it was doable problem was I could no longer stand, I had hypothermia, and a bad abrasion on my back side.

I was in tears of pain I made a few more videos while laying on my back the rain had stopped but it was still very cold and cloudy. At this point it was now over 24 hours that I was up on the mountain in the elements. I finally heard a girl talk clear on a channel her name was Sandy and there was another cute girl talking. I called out that this was an emergency that I am injured trapped up at this location and need a helicopter. The lady asked me a lot of questions....then called metro. She put metro on the radio and they cleared the channels so that I could keep in touch with them.

Within an hour of that I heard a helicopter near another canyon I had no way to wave for help....I could no longer even get a fire going....as my lighters were not working.....most of the other plants were to wet....and I could barely even move. I had to just remain hopefully they would see me based on the descriptions and general directions I gave them.

The helicopter flew right down the middle of the canyon circled around me about 4 times then left. The other helicopter flew in and they landed on this tiny rock along the cliff. They dropped off a man with a backboard and he helped me walk to the landing area as the helicopter left again. He grabbed what was left of my gear....gave me directions on how to climb into the helicopter as if I rocked it to much the blade would hit the canyon wall. He offered me a backboard ride in midair or to climb on in. I chose to climb in I was not going for a midair ride I could see that one but my ass hurt to much to lay down the hell with that.

It killed me to climb onto the helicopter but I did it....and they took me out of the canyon boy I sure did not have far to go maybe a half of mile left of the canyon, some small foot hills, then a couple miles of desert to the car. The ride was not fun I almost fell out as I sat on the floor of the helicopter as it tilted left and right I made a quick video it did not come out that good but you get the idea. The video would have been longer but I was out of memory for recording since I made so many videos earlier in the expedition. The helicopter dropped me off in the area they had blocked off where the construction trucks are building a new park, shooting range and a few other things. The workers were all watching me.....their was cops...and an ambulance waiting for me.

At this point I was wheezing I did not have my inhaler on me.....my temperature was a little low....the medics did breathing test, heart test, etc etc they gave me an IV....put hot packs around my body....and the cops asked if I had any mental illness. I mean I can only imagine how it looked some guy practically nude getting off a helicopter clothes ripped, barefoot, hair all over the place etc I did not look at my best I will say that much.

But the truth of the matter is I went to the peak...got caught in the storm....took the wrong canyon down...both shoes fell apart....and the terrain cut me up. The medics were doing all kinds of test and they told me my vitals were perfect I had perfect blood pressure and everything. They said they never seen anything like this considering I went thousands of feet barefoot in freezing temperatures. I looked out the window of the ambulance and notice snow on some of the peaks in the Sheep Mountains I was thinking to myself damn I was up there lol.

I did not panic nor did I lose my mind it was however very tedious working my way off the mountain. I mean imagine climbing down a 10 foot rock wall then your on a ledge and it goes 50 feet down and you have to climb back up the 10 foot wall....up the side of the mountain full of loose stones grabbing for your life...so that way that slope would intersect to the bottom of that cliff.

I did pretty great I just lacked good shoes, cell phone, and daylight. Of course I got a lecture by the cop, medics and the doctor lol. Not to mention my roommate, my investigators and my sons. I am sure Ill get a lecture from the wiseman to. Speaking of that I read some of these satire sites on Lord Rick and while I am struggling to survive fighting for my life these bastards are cracking jokes talk about cowardly and stooping low. What kind of people create hate sites about someone while there fighting for there life on a mountain serious?

So anyway when the ambulance brought me into the hospital my first take was nurses. I seen a blond nurse and an Asian one. The hospital was chilly and one of the nurses put heated blankets on my feet. I was afraid to look was not sure how bad they looked and I had not looked at my rear end either.

The medics were impressed with how prepared I was for the mountain but the doctor was not so thrilled lol. He told me he use to do natural medicine and was ranting on about how the desert can fool you. I was thinking to myself ummm No Shi& Sherlock. Its not hard to figure that one out especially as much time as I have spent hiking in this region. Its the risk you take this area has not been explore very much. You have to always plan ahead that is why I had foot, drinks, lighters etc on me just in case.

Of course the doctor told me to check the weather station next time I climb it. At the ER they gave me another IV....they did some blood work found out I am very healthy with the exception of hypoglycemia. The doctor released me but the problem was I had no clothing so they had to find me some paper scrubs and all my wet gear was in a giant hazard bag.

I was in a lot of pain could not walk.....back pain....cramp pain....my hands were all cut up...feet...back area. The doctor did not check any of my abrasions nor did he give me any meds. He was like your stable have a great day lol. I went to the bathroom in a gurney to change out of the ripped clothes. Then when I came back I had lunch a Sandwich, milk, and applesauce. You have to love hospital food.

I walked out of the ER or more like crawled practically and had to call the school to get my roommates number. Lucky for me he works at different hospitals and was able to come get me. I had to check myself out with this lady giving me tons of paperwork I just wanted to go home she is like when did this condition start I was like ummm today lol.

I took a nap in the lobby had to go to the bathroom and sadly did not have the strength to walk. My son walked in the ER and the lady said oh that Hobo over there so freaking rude. I do not like Centennial hospital some of the staff is sort of rude. When I got home I had my son run the bath sad thing is it took me two hours to get enough strength to get to the bathroom I physically had to crawl on my hands and knees. Both my sons had to help me get in the tub. After this I had my son pour peroxide onto all my cuts it was extremely painful. The doctor never looked at the one on the back side its bad I took a photo of it.

I could not get dressed or anything I was still shivering from earlier. That is the one thing that did not go away was feeling cold I shivered at the hospital, in the tub, out of the tub etc. James took care of me last night I was not able to get to my computer even. I still am in scrubs right now so hard to change and move around. Some of my injuries to my foot could be longterm on top of it.

James cooked me dinner, brought me fruit, made me hot coco, brought me candy, dinner in bed, he even before bed put medicine on all my wounds. Last night was not good for me because I started to run a fever from the infection. I took aspirin and told James what to do to get rid of the infection. James slept in the room all night because I was bed ridden even to eat was a struggle. I had all the kids and animals in my bedroom last night with me. Sneezer stayed next to me all night my cat is very psychic if I am missing he will sit somewhere and cry. I heard he sat out where I park my car crying in its place waiting for me to come home.

I spent most of today trying to regain my strength. I must say I still can barely walk, its very hard to type or grab anything, and sitting is very very painful as I am still bleeding. I am very upset the doctor gave me no medication I believe both of my ankles are sprained, my muscle tissue on the bottom of my feet is torn, the cramps made me very sore, and my back is thrown out. The rocks caused my skin to be very dry on the mountain to so I am feeling it believe me. If I put any pressure on my feet they throb so bad.

June and Chris came over tonight because my car was still up near the mountain. We went to go get it tonight and June drove the Subaru back to my house hehe. I was glad they did not tow me and in the end everything worked out fine. Irish stud was ranting on how I was lucky and in fact I did everything the way it should be done when in a situation like this. I tried to get off....then found an area where a helicopter could land and got help.

I had enough strength tonight to cook BBQ chicken and corn on the cob but its been very hard. I have to lean on railings and counters. I still am hardly able to walk and if I do it has to be slow. It will take awhile for my abrasions to heal. Other then that I came out off the mountain with tons of photos and video footage.

I only had one member write me and ask if I was okay so thank you for that. I mean I did announce to thousands that I was going Sunday and if I was not back by night fall it meant help me lol. But help never came and I had to come up with plans real quick. I made sure that I did not get stuck in a ravine otherwise I would never have gotten a radio signal or been seen by a helicopter so yeah I came pretty close to death on this exploration. Do I regret it NO.....its part of what we do you can drive your car down a road and end up getting injured or hurt. Just as you can fall down the stairs break your neck its a fact. The mountain was just another test and learning experience for me for future excursions. Are their easier mountains to climb hell yeah this place reminded me of Mt. Everest only in Las Vegas haha I swear just an unbelievable location untouched by man.

I mean I seen some amazing hidden rock formations, caves, beautiful views of Vegas etc I probably will be the only man to have conquered the goddamn mountain barefoot and get a helicopter ride on top of it lol. When they send me the bill well that's not going to be funny but its life. It will give me a lot to talk about on our radio show right?:)

I am okay but their will be no investigations this weekend I am in pretty bad shape but each hour I feel myself regaining strength. I been eating constantly, drinking a lot of fluids, and treating my wounds. My sons are the biggest help to me right now they been taking care of me constantly without them I probably would not be here at the computer right now typing this report.

I spent today throwing out a bag of ripped clothes and ruined things from the trip. All the electronics are fine but if any members or fans wish to donate from this excursion towards equipment or just because that would be appreciated big time. When you do something like this you have to expect some loss but see here is the thing their is some gain to it also. For example for anybody who donates because of this excursion I did...Ill take a portion of the proceeds and give them to the Salvation Army in Vegas for xmas serious so my climb was not all over nothing just remember this.

I know some will think I am foolish doing it alone etc etc but again it comes with what I do. Without people like me in the world certain civilizations, artifacts, or even animals would not be discovered. We sacrifice ourselves for a greater good. Would I climb this mountain again probably not although I will take the road on the opposite side of this mountain and maybe do a little hiking around sometime in the future to show others what the area is like.

I did some research on the location found out a lot of amazing things about the peak and this mountain range. That information will go up on our site later this week or next depending on how my health is. You will be interested in all the information I put up such as facts about the area, history, elevation etc etc their really is no mountain like this one in the world its pretty unique all on its own and is very untouched by man itself.

I found a few photos of a crew of people who repelled on the backside of the mountain and one with an older person cane hiking up the trail towards the peak. But nobody has ever really took on this mountain from the south side because its a lot of extra work and plus you have to get through the range just to get to the peak something I did accomplish.

My hike to the peak went very well it took me 8 hours to get to the summit almost with hardly any breaks. It was the way down and nightfall that really hurt the descent part of it. Not to mention the storm...and my shoes ripping apart lol. But I did it no ropes....no pretty painted pictures...just me and that mountain.

My roommates son told me before dusk he did see me up on the mountain near the peak I never told him what time I was up there. So one of the kids did see me I thought that was really cool. I am sure a few people in Vegas seen me although I probably would look like an ant up there lol.

I did learn that it is a deceiving place all the mountains blend and look like one. Until you are hiking you realize their are many mountains to go over or around just to get to the summit. Their are caves up in this region to and lots of them. Its a really cool area and perhaps Vegas's best kept secret. But when this goes on my site it will serve as a way to save lives being that I can now tell my story to the world.

It was a test and yes I almost lost my life. I know June and Chris are cracking jokes about my ass....and how I am stubborn to go alone. But that's how it goes I am the founder of The Paranormal & Ghost Society this trip was not meant for anybody else.....the week before they could not go this week bad things happened in her family so I felt that it was a divine sign perhaps for me to take it on myself.

Although I am hurt and will be for awhile I will go down as one of the greatest explorers in Las Vegas. But the message I send is more powerful then anything else its not the photos or the videos. Its the fact of each of you can learn something from this just as I will to.

Very few people would have been able to mentally keep it together spending 24 hours almost in freezing temperatures barefoot let alone in the pitch black of the night climbing with a small flashlight in there hand. I have to say I climbed at least 15 cliffs in the dark and worked my way down some pretty deep ravines. The strange thing is the more I climbed in the night the more better I got at it. I was climbing like crazy not even thinking twice about it. I almost made it off the mountain but I never got greedy either and that is why I am still alive to tell my story. I cannot even belief what I had planned for a few hours turned into over 24 hours of hiking almost.

Chris told me I caused a lot of attention and it should I just conquered one of the largest mountains near Vegas by myself. It was strange because climbing Lone Mountain now was nothing compared to this place lol. I spent many months staring at the Snow Mountain area planning how I would go up but that changes real quick when you realize that all them grooves on the side are canyons filled with deadly obstacles. Their is no proper planning for this sometimes you just have to do it and hope for the best. Its like the hike in the desert what looked like a 20 minute walk took me over an hour distances out their are deceiving. Even in the photos some cliffs look 5 feet off in the distance and in reality they are much larger. I do think that its one of the most treacherous mountains surrounding Vegas. Hell just at the base they found a dinosaur bone yard so its quite the place historically and landmark wise.

In conclusion to my journey it was epic but it was not pretty either and I knew it would not be even before I arrived. A lot of people tell me what could happen and I know what can happen that is why I climbed it because I am very experienced and take on the things others will not do. People can laugh at the pain I suffered but in reality what I experienced will always be a part of who I am and to share that with others makes it even greater. I thought while laying on my back at dawn boy I sure get myself in some interesting situations.

In a way Chris is right I am lucky because if I did not get a hold of anybody on the radio I may have not been typing this as of now. So I do want to at least thank Metro Search And Rescue and Sandy for responding to my call. I sure hope that I can some day return the favor to someone who needs my help in a similar situation. Its not easy having to radio in to a stranger that you are on your back...laying near a cliff unable to move and need a helicopter ya know? Because most people do not use two way radios to call for help but I brought them and good thing I did or id been in much worst shape.

I must say that my climbing days are done for awhile although Sunrise mountain is looking pretty good wink wink:) of course minus the trip in the meat wagon and the embarrassment thank you. I do not know about you but I think showing off the full Monte to the police in Vegas is good enough to last a lifetime and so this is my story. I plan on adding or revising this report before I put it on the site. Eventually Ill put all the videos of the exploration on youtube their are a ton of them.

Chris asked me what was the point of it well its simple this is what we do. Without our explorations we would have nothing to put in our books, talk about on our radio show, share material on our site, or educate others on safety on such a dangerous location. Such excursions allow tv producers to view our work and decide if they wish to pursue our team to do television shows etc etc our work is unique its original and its the risk that were willing to take that stand out from the rest. You would not see TAPS climb a mountain like this looking for the paranormal would you? Think about that next time you watch there show....a mans work is only relevant if that man is willing to risk himself over it and that's just a fact.

That is what made this trip all the more sweeter is that I actually made it...it did not matter how it was done barefoot, barehanded, climbing, helicopter etc etc its the point of I came I saw and I conquered that beast. More importantly you have to conquer yourself before you can take on an entire world. Although some company would have been nice on this journey of course an IPod would have been nice. I had to play Nightwish Songs in my head all night just to keep me going lol.

I made sure I left others know that if you did not hear from me Sunday night it meant something happened and a lot happened. I didn't expect the storm...or for my shoes to fall apart....or to take a different path descending. But at the same time things happen for a reason. My chronicles might save the next guys life who wants to go up here with his buddies ya know? Everything we do in the end has good cause even if I suffer. I must say though its good to be home I miss my pets and children. I was even excited to see Irish Stud and June of course they think its funny I walk like I am 80 years old and in need of a cane ha.

I ask that all of you show me your support this was one of the most terrifying explorations I ever did just imagine being stuck up in this place at night.....lack of light, cliffs everywhere...no clothing on hardly....barefoot...sleet coming down hard, cold....strange noises....no cell phone....bleeding...etc etc the main thing is though that I am off the mountain....batteries..inhalers etc can always be replaced. I will not lie I came close on that mountain about 12 different times to dying at one location I dropped down a wall and luckily landed on my feet. I surprised myself....lol...its that super Chronic man I am telling ya:) Its like one of the cliffs I climbed a piece of shale/rock broke and I quickly felt it give and grabbed for anything lucky I found a groove. Its little things like that even on my way up that told me this was not going to be a walk in Coney Island. Sorry folks no cotton candy or hotdogs here...or broads in roller skates...just rocks...and Lord Rick:)

My sons told me I am not allowed to climb anymore cliffs or major mountains lol. Irish Stud told me I need man to climb peak haha but honestly no normal man could have done what I did therefore this one will go down in the history books. Next investigation will occur in two weeks will do a xmas special out near Area 51 of another ghost town I found their is some hiking involved but no cliffs or mountains:) and who knows maybe a cemetery.
Peace & Love,
Lord Rick
Founder, Author, & Talk Show Host
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

PS I will not be at my PC very much the next few days as Ill be resting. I did however want to get this report and story out because I know others been waiting to hear back on this. I must go now and apply peroxide to my abrasions and heal. Ill be discussing this on my next show coming up on the 19th....Chris you will have to wait to kick my ass sorry lol

Profile E-mail