The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My Awesome Investigation Of Dead Poets Bookstore & Palm Mort
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Yes on occasion we get permission to check out places:) but in all reality I finally got to meet another paranormal team and it turned out to be a grand investigation. Its not very often you do a place like this and get so much activity. When I can get around to it I will add a banner for the group who Ill be working with here in Las Vegas.

Its very hard currently in my life I did not even think Saturday I would get to investigate but June introduced me to a couple who has kids and watched the boys. They loved it anyways they got to play rock band:) As far as me I had alot of errands to do before the investigation. It was strange how when I pulled up to the book store and a girl I use to hang with worked almost next door I was like yikes lol I never put two and two together till I seen the book store Saturday.

June and I toked one before we went into the bookstore. I was pretty nervous really because I am so use to working alone lately. But I met some pretty good people and they text June after the investigation with a thumbs up so I take it they really enjoyed working with me as much as I did them.
June and I smoked then went in we were both freaking laughing hard it was not easy to keep a straight face. Here I am making a first impression all smiling...cracking jokes...sitting behind a bookshelf scaring June haha. Annette told us to just walk around feel the place out. I felt energy as soon as I walked in and the place does have a history of hauntings so I felt it would be great to explore.

I started off walking around with the lights on we took EMF readings, EVP's on both ends, we had two way radios, and all of us had cameras. Yes a ghost was captured by Annette she sent over the photo so the place has potential. But anyhow I walked around found a little side room with a raven, two gargoyles but the one looked more demonic, Alexander the great and a few other ones. The gargoyle was watching over a back room which was blocked off. I climbed past all the stuff sat down ended up having green hair...trust me it was not fun but you will see the photos lol.

I noticed some strange things back here a candle....clothing....some old dusty books and some weird shoes. I put the green hair on and at first I did not know the other group. I did not know how they would react to doing a team investigation with a man in a cowboy hat then to turn around and seen him with green hair. So I sat their as they walked past heard them talking remained silent then Annette said lights are going out.

Well when the lights went out something stole my goddamn water bottle...I had a huge bottle of water June bought for me and guess what? DISAPPEARED I spent 2 hours almost searching for it. I swore I put it down when I put the green hair on but when I came back it was gone so you see moral of the story do not mess with the spirits:) but its all good right.

June and I found a side door with a dimly lit hall. She felt pains in her neck area and their was some hot spots. Along that hall was alot of boxed stacked higher then me...a storage room and a bathroom. I had to be real careful did not know what was around the corner and I thought dang what if the owner is back here chilling I am going to scare her. Trust me I did this entire investigation with a cowboy hat, sun glasses and a smile on my face.

As an empath and psychic to a point I was sure the bathroom is where the ghost was at the time later I found out during a group meeting after the investigation that a little boy seen the ghost of a lady in that bathroom. The same lady that haunts this place. Annette mentioned feeling a man here also. I could feel an entity in the bathroom but the room with the gargoyles also had a presence more of a darker feeling here even June felt that way. Our cameras failed in this room and the owner told me her husband would collect gargoyles to put around the library but this room had symbolism.
Not only that but I got my photo taken with the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, had my hand in a Jacko Lanterns Mouth, and was even the Wicked Witch of Las Vegas long story you just will have to wait to see the photos. June kept asking me Rick what did you do this time what did you do haha. It was a relaxing investigation and the others mentioned hearing some voices. I even thought I heard some whispering also and talking. I was just laughing to myself thinking oh boy I think I toked to much this time wondering what the team and the owner would think of me lol. I was Cheeching and Chonging it for my fans...and speaking of those guys I get to see them in Vegas live how cool is that?

There is an area here with a curtain with nice soft chairs I sat down awhile alone. I spent alot of time walking in the pitch black store alone. I felt a cold spot, a warm spot, a strong energy, and my water disappeared. I also noticed my EMF detector was NOT working:( 7 years later and its finally broke. Due to my inlaws and spouse kicking me to the curb I no longer have my special flashlight either:( so I was pretty sad during the investigation cause the detector was not working and no light. Good thing I dont use alot of lighting but I could have used it to read some of the books in the darker areas.

June and I we found some demonic and occultist books towards the front of the store. Some were on demons, death and magick. I felt maybe the books themselves might contain energy. When we walked into the room we noticed a few things like Steve was sleeping...we also found a two way radio on the floor which we have no explanation and one of the two way radios went off without being touched.

I have no explanation here other then the bookstore is haunted this investigation was bigger then anything you will ever seen on TAPS we may return with video cameras but we definately covered everything within this place. It is an eerie place you got this bookstore with a haunting feeling. Some of the books are just stacked up some got dust on them some are very very old its really an amazing place.

I was testing June out stood in the corner she stood there for 5 minutes in front of me did not see me giving her the finger. I was trying not to laugh she took a photo later said Rick when were you in the corner everybody got photos of me and didnt even realize it haha:)

I added alot of humor to the investigation and it seemed to do pretty good I mean we got activity I did not see books fly as the owner had told us about. I kept messing up ranting on about how its Dead Mans bookstore lol. But I gave the owner my opinion asked her a few questions and the investigation stoned or not went VERY well cannot wait to get this on the site guys serious! I thank Annette for finding this place it was golden!

My conclusion to it is this...I think someone is practicing the occult here I asked she said her employess she has would not do it but she said one is very very open the other one very conservative. I feel that someone perhaps in the back room does rituals I asked her but she said no. But my take was upon meeting her is I sensed a very magical soul within the owner so its possible that something was done here even something simple and that could be an explanation for whats going on here.

But it could be the old furniture thats haunted or it could be the books...the gargoyle statues all over are pretty eerie here. It was a long night still because we decided to visit one more location. The night was young and the kids did not have to be picked up till later so we visited Palm Mortuary Cemetery.
Palm Mortuary Cemetery

Ill tell you this is an active cemetery alright people are walking all over it first cemetery I ever investigated with that many people just chilling.

This cemetery is much larger then it looks....its very simple many flat stones surrounding many various mausoleums. Its in the heart of Las Vegas and the only thing I can say is....definate cold spots here more then any cemetery I been to in Vegas.

June and I were reluctant to not spend much time here because a few groups of people were having some memorial near the road surrounding one of the graves.

I will say that the cemetery had alot of beautiful flowers almost every single grave. Its probably a place for the more well off people in Vegas. We tried the EMF again and it still was not working even near the powerlines grrr ill miss that thing its done me good over the years. If anybody can donate a new flash light and EMF to our group I would love you for it. Right now I am struggling in life and I just want to worry about one less thing hope some of you understand.

June and I were laughing thinking what if we come across more people sleeping in the cemetery. You have to understand that surrounding the entire cemetery is tents, sleeping bags, and hundreds of homeless people sleeping. I counted on one side of the cemetery alone over 100 people and I could not pull out my camera to show you how disheartening this is cause I was driving and it was in my pocket.

But it was very sad I felt bad for these people and I am almost there myself. I was thrown to the curb with nothing so I know what these people are going through. The thing is that most of those people gambled their lives away I am trying to make a life so hopefully our films and work will pay off. You get a real dose of reality when your on my team I take you to the heart of some cities so you can see the living and the dead.

Palm Mortuary had an eerie feeling most crematories do along with the fact that the mausoleums had little glass panels you could look through into the court yards. Their was a few statues that stood out I nabbed some photos but not alot of activity not like Eden Vale Cemetery.

With some investigations all you can do is take readings, photos and evp...then put it all together to decide if its a really haunted place or not. Other then that June and I went through the motions we were tired we spent an hour driving around looking for this house prior to the investigation then to drop the boys off. I picked the boys up pretty on time got two good investigations done, met some new friends and got some good content for the site.

I am surprised I still have a sense of humor considering all I been through. They are trying to get me arrested and of course these people are being vindictive towards me trying to flame my group, me as a person etc. I have done what any father would do which is to keep on living. When I get my own place ill get my pc back up and will get these investigations onto our site.

Things will be hard for a long time not having a place right now, taking the boys to school, dealing with my spouses drama like the other day she grabbed him early made him go to that house. I am doing everything I can to fight the good fight but its hard. Tonight I have to fix my car brake brackets came in...and well I appreciate June letting me drive her car and getting involved with our society cause it takes less stress off of me to have to do all the investigating or having to drive my car.
Next week will be doing the house perhaps even the gateway to hell which I have planned for this month we got a few tv producers who want in on this I have not chosen one yet. I am chosing the right one who wants to film this and sell it to a major network its a BIG investigation real ghost, real demons, and strange things in dark tunnels. We got some good things going on and that was my Saturday evening!

This might be my last report for awhile to despite all the good things right now I am doing for my kids and trying to get on my feet. My ex was at the school yesterday chasing my son....swearing at me....making threats...etc I have had to run to housing...courts...here and there just to protect myself from all of it. I been staying with June all week long and honestly I can say there are a few out there who are good people. Hopefully this Saturday ill get another nice investigation going on or will get that house done. Have a goodnight!
Lord Rick

Ps if June or the others want to revise or add to the report then when it goes on the site ill edit it!

Profile E-mail