The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: All About My Paranormal Adventure In Savannah GA Investigati
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Finally as a paranormal investigator I can actually say I been to Savannah GA rumored to be the most HAUNTED city in the country. I know that some of you have been asking me about the trip like when it was going to take place and since I had no choice to put it off I thought that it would be wonderful to do the tour of Savannah the day after Christmas.

Speaking of the holidays I hope all of you had a very safe and lovely one. I had a beautiful month not just Christmas. I mean I look at the entire month as a whole such as all the trips we completed....the new live show we have going on...the fact that I had the opportunity to spend a night up in Savannah...and to be blessed with such beautiful sons and seeing the look in there eyes when they got the gift certificate for a WII game system.

Before I get into my Savannah report I wanted to give special thanks to Carol, Jill, and Anna. Those donations helped believe me this trip was rather costly. When someone puts someone ahead of them that just proves to me they are a true loyal friend and unselfish person. The world is full of many but the ones who are loyal fans I wanted to give you guys an adventure that you were going to love so it was between New Orleans...and Savannah I went with Savannah.

Someone from another paranormal group the other day called me nothing but a thrill seeker and big headed neither are true. If you want to know the truth I spent the entire night on the streets not for me but because I work hard at what I do. Anybody that is big headed would stay inside warmth and would hope to make money off of this but rather for me Savannah I felt is a place everybody should visit and for those that do not you will get to see it first hand from how I seen it.

I was able to complete all my goals in Savannah unfortunately there were three locations I could not investigate because they were just to far of away of a hike and since nobody volunteered to partake in this weeks ago I made it a closed investigation meaning only I would do this. Reason being is that there was 18 to 21 miles of active hiking on the itinerary and lets face it....very few people are trained to do what I do especially being that it involved climbing, hiking, woods, wolves and other things. Of course I did not just do all my investigations in Savannah either I did hike to another town as well which has a few strange locations.

I wanted to make sure that we gave our members a little bit of everything...cemeteries...forts...historical sites...and even railroads. This investigation would be much different then anything I faced since the entire adventure would be done on foot...no cars...no bikes...no taxis....just a back pack and me.

What would make the trip special is it is the last one of the year but probably the last one for a few months till I go out west. I need sometime to heal up my wounds..spend sometime with my sons and relax. Its been quite the journey enough to make me sit back and enjoy life a little for awhile.

My objective is merely to share what I know and what I see and when this is all put on our site you will be wowed trust me on this. I took hours of EVP...Photos...and data gathering. I could not afford to be anything but flawless...one wrong turn meant getting lost on foot....spending time at one place to long meant losing out on another place....making sure I plotted each site had to be done in order so I would not back track. So basically the trip took place from Northern Western Savannah to...South East...to North East....To East...back West...then North...then cut right into the heart of the city and back to my starting point for those that understand how the city is set up which is giant squares which make up the city.

I sort of bounced around during the investigation so the report will be a little out of order but the places I checked out were Savannah which includes various historical squares...downtown....the old harbor...eerie alley ways...gardens...parks...and various historic structures which are often visited by ghost tour groups. I also visited Laurel Grove Cemetery, Savannah Colonial Cemetery, Lepageville Cemetery, Old Fort Jackson, Bonaventure Historical Cemetery, Savannah Catholic Cemetery, and The Savannah Train Museum. Which in between a few of them the City Of Savannah itself.

I wanted to do the cemeteries separately since each one has its own ghost stories and tales to the area. I took a greyhound there its not that bad really to have someone drive you so you can relax...read a book...chill out especially with the high gas prices. I had boarded on time in the morning....and it was a pretty full ride but I had my seat to myself till I got up to New Brunswick where this female preacher talking about faith etc took up both the seats including mine grrrr.

It was hard cause my wisdom tooth is broke still have not had it removed and this time nothing was working for it so I was in pain the entire bus trip. On top of it my youngest boy is sick and gave it to me so I was congested with a massive tooth ache on the bus it was so bad I passed out until I woke up in Savannah and so my adventure began here.

Historical Savannah

I was so excited to be here was wondering what happened it was really sunny and warm two hours south of me but in Savannah it was nippy out and the clouds were very low very dark. I thought great I am going to be doing this in the rain that is how it looked but luckily no precipitation at all.

I had to unpack my gear get it all equipped so that I would be ready to just go to each place on foot. I liked the whole adventure and freedom of it all. So many people come here staying at fancy inns...eating expensive dinners, taking tours etc but the real freedom of such a place is being able to go where you want and see it first hand.

I cut down an industrial area there was an old brick abandoned warehouse....and the visitors center which was made out of brick. I went into the center went right into the chamber of commerce just to have a look around. This place also houses the museum for the city so it was a neat place just to take a peak.

I went back outside grabbed a few pamphlets. I noticed a lot of material for the city is out even passed by the trolley stop tours. They actually will take you to various historical sites I recommend it unless you want to walk for 12 hours like me.

I walked down the road and noticed to my right a revolutionary war battlefield I stood right on top of the mound. I figured I would come back here later at night when I finished my other investigations. I entered the opening which is in the mound that the soldiers could fight from sort of a barracks. I took some photos and noticed some trains way off in the distance.

I went to the gates and it turns out it was the Savannah Train Museum....and an area that use to be a train yard for Savannah. I could see the caboose...locomotives etc off in the distance. Unfortunately they wanted to charge me to get in and they were about to close. I would come back later to investigate here you can read the report further below.

After visiting these sites during the day I started to head further down Martin Luther King it was amazing how the area went to historic looking to almost ghetto gangster land instantly. There was burnt buildings to my left...a few fast food restaurants...a beat up church...and the projects. I no longer seen tourist walking around just a lot of people hanging on the streets staring me down. Trust me I did not feel like I was in Kansas anymore lol.

I had to cut through this area to get to a cemetery which in my opinion is one of the most awesome cemeteries I ever been to. The sun had not gone down just yet and I did not enjoy cutting through all these complexes as I was stared down hard. I mean I was holding my camera walking down communities full of spray paint.

I did make it to Laurel Oak Cemetery see the report below to learn more in depth about my investigation of it. Anyway's after I finished that it was getting dark and I was randomly trying to get myself eastward which would put me back into the historical area. It was not easy I had almost a mile of poor stricken neighborhood to walk through and of course no matter where you go people are trouble. So some guy on a bicycle tried to pick a fight with me I did the right thing and walked away like he did not exist without even looking at him and sure enough it worked he went his own way.

People never cease to amaze me they are so bored with life that they entertain themselves by sharing there misery with others. I felt relieved when I started seeing more larger historical apartments....buildings...and brick streets. I knew I was getting back into a much nicer area. All was confirmed when a blonde was jogging alone and those boobs were bouncing I knew for sure the Lord was saved heh.

At this point it was Forsyth Park which had a plaque...statue at the entrance an a giant brick walkway that ran between many large trees on both sides. I noticed a lot of joggers here I also noticed that the park was dark and some people hid within the darkness as I walked through it. This is Savannahs most prestigious park it is what it is gorgeous for a city park.

At the end of the walkway is a garden you can walkthrough at night its locked up with bars but they have plants...walkways and small fountains. I thought that felt kind of eerie. Near the garden was a little up Christmas tree. The main attraction with the park is the giant fountain which is gorgeous. I belched real loud at some tourist and they ran off. I am telling you this park in some areas is so dark from the tree cover that you cannot see your hand in front of your face and well they freaked out.

You see what happened was is I swallowed to much clove oil it upset my stomach so I was belching like a goddamn drunk pirate haha. So it came out on accident and I sent people running for there lives. Which left me standing in front of one hell of a gorgeous fountain by myself. The engravings...and mermaid like creatures blowing water from there horns really was unique.

I moved on leaving the park past The Armstrong Junior College...what an eerie stone building sort of gothic looking all gray I read the plaque. From this point on I would see many plaques in front of many structures throughout my hike which would go into the cities history....certain structures...and prominent figures.

I would at this point visit my first city square which was the Monterey Square which had a giant monument in the center...brick walk ways...decorated old lamp post and plaques. The monument in the center was the Pulaski one it had Christmas lights around the outside. My first paranormal experience would be at this square. I looked up and seen a soft glowing light move along the tree tops no explanation it. It was not an orb...it was not a car light...it was just a soft glow hovering right above me pretty fascinating really.

Across the street was a Israel Church with its high steeples organized in the early 1700's and behind that was some historic buildings it appeared to be housing. Its amazing how they have taken all these mansions and turned them into apartments and housing. The streets are so dimly lit with giant trees draping brick laid streets.

Behind this church was another called the Wesley United Methodist Church another massive beautiful church. I love churches I just am not a religious guy but the real churches are the ones with the wonderful architecture such as gothic revival. They do not make churches like this anymore and the tall towers and steeples just were an amazing site. Strangely I passed by this little old book shop which is the headquarters for The Midnight Garden Of Good & Evil. The book does tie into a place I visited later on during the night called Bonaventure Cemetery.

Everything I did on this investigation has a connection the ghost...haunting's..history etc so believe me everything was very well organized. I visited also a mansion with towers at the ends of it which they turned into a giant restaurant with live music. It was all decorated I took a few photos then went up the road to Candler Hospital.

The hospital was probably one of the most awesome places in downtown Savannah its very old very gothic looking with tall columns...tall windows...very eerie. It appeared from looking inside with my light that it was abandoned but the new wing to the hospital is not. I bet you the stories to this place are pretty strange. Behind the hospital in a grass knoll area lays a historical tree known as the Candler Oak. The tree is around 300 years old and it has a plaque with stats. Supposedly nearby is another tree or even a much larger one then this. I did not have time to fit it in the journey but this one was on the way so I grabbed some photos.

Upon heading down the street I visited another historical square. The squares were my favorite places with the walkways...fountains...and memorials. Behind that off beyond the trees was The Cathedral Of St. John The Baptist which has the tallest steeples in Savannah. What a beautiful church and you bet I took some photos of it. Also the moon finally was starting to come out so gorgeous of a night perfect to be out investigating.

Behind the Cathedral is Savannah Colonial Cemetery which I will post later in this report. After visiting that cemetery I went down some quiet historical streets took some photos of a small art college with an eerie tower. The streets were very quiet not a lot of people out down some streets I went nobody was present not even cars. A lot of the houses were decorated for Christmas some with candles in the windows. One street I went down I came across the Fireman's Bell...which is this old historical bell with a firemen memorial across from the fire Dept.

Another street I went down I noticed two separate ghost tours going on. I almost laughed to myself because it really is amazing how people have taken this place and turned it into a money making opportunity. On one of the tours this girl was all dressed up in colonial clothing...while on another the lady giving the tour was loud obnoxious and I thought who cares lady give these people what they want some adventure lol. I had to work around them because I was taking photos of what they call the Lafayette Mansion which has these locked up gardens at night...winding staircases out front etc a really eerie place and very haunted. Nearby was the Wesley Square Monument and near that was downtown Savannah which Oglethorpe Ave cuts through the center of the city.

I did get away from the ghost tour groups I seen a lot of ghost tours going on and that's all fine but when your trying to do your job and people are staring at you it kind of gets uncomfortable lol. As soon as I took some streets with many old wood homes a hearse pulls up behind me and guess what? It was another ghost tour they put the people on the back of the hearse and drive around showing people these haunted places. Well the driver which was a dick head thought it would be funny and to F$$$ with me. So he slowly starting to follow me...then started to laugh..and I know he made a smart remark. I thought to myself maybe I should give these people what they are paying for grab the guy by his shirt pull him out of the hearse knock him out and they probably will think its part of the tour haha.

I have noticed over my years of doing this most people associated with the paranormal...ghost tours...other founders of other groups have become total dick heads. There are very few nice people left who have respect for there fellow man. This guy knew what I was doing there was no reason for him to play scare tactics with me like I am going to be scared of some hearse following me around. So that was that I let it go.

After this I cut on into Emmet Park briefly I would come back later on but wanted to get a picture of the old harbor light. I did not explore the harbor area yet but their was a cobble stone road leading down into it and a wall. The harbor is the oldest part of Savannah full of pirate tales. I walked down the road visited the Pirate Restaurant I did not eat here it was to expensive and all the people were dressed very nice. Beneath the restaurant is a tunnel that is locked but goes out to the river rumor has it.

I did take a few photos and was getting hungry it was getting late and my food supply was running low. There really are not many gas stations or fast food places in Savannah and the ones I seen were in a very poor bad section of town which I was way to far away from at this point.

I took this road around and it led me to an old set of train tracks..nearby was a fenced off area that said Fort Wayne...where some old structures sat up on. I did not get into the Fort Wayne area it was all in ruins and just really a wall remaining. I kept on and started to head to the nearby town called Thunderbolt on foot.

There were no sidewalks nothing but wet lands...woods...and businesses for a few miles. It seemed to be the industrial section outside of Savannah a lot of factories...and even a refinery. I did not see any fast food I was so hungry it was cold and the wear along with the tear was setting in. I was getting more sick my sons always pass on there flus and colds to me regardless so it was just bad timing.

Eventually after a couple miles there was two gas stations both had the same name lol weird huh? I went into them both they had no hot dogs...no hot food....there restaurants inside were shut down and imagine it was still early. The one had old stale coffee I grabbed a cup it sucked but I wanted something warm. I did not get any food it was hard cause I already had did miles of walking starting at 4PM and here it was almost 10pm and I still had not sat down or had a break.

Surprisingly behind one of the gas stations something caught my eye while I was sipping my coffee. I noticed wrought iron so I went back there and found an old abandoned cemetery called Lepageville Cemetery. I will get into that in a bit further below. So after investigating that I got back onto the road in hopes to find Old Fort Jackson. Finally after going up the highway for awhile I found the easy to miss road to it. I would investigate it the report is also further below to that.

After surviving Fort Jackson...I made a call to Christy she helped me with the investigation a few days ago up in Cedar Key...I needed someone to talk to it was a very tough investigation for me. I had no car...no investigators etc and I had another 4 mile hike ahead of me. I was pushing on with will to want to see more but the truth was is that I was really tiring out my asthma was kicking in could not find my inhaler funny thing is it was with me just in the wrong pouch of my backpack grrr.

I was on a quest to find Bonaventure Cemetery this is not just a normal cemetery either keep that in mind it was a plantation at one time to. Also labeled to be one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the country definitely worth the hike. So I hiked down a middle class neighborhood...parts of it were ghetto I seen a few drug dealers and trouble makers out but nobody bothered me. Eventually I turned the bend and there it was McDonalds trust me man I never shouted so loud in my life I freaking danced on the sidewalk.

Well I got there and they were closed the driveup open so I went up there jumped up and down to activate it...it did not work. So I knocked on the window and a young man opened up the window for me he was scared but I asked him if I could get a burger felt homeless cause I told him I was cold and hungry that the gas stations had no food etc etc and he was like I really cannot do this. So I told him get the manager of course he was the only white guy and the manager came up and I seen the look he gave me. Like ha is this guy serious and he was about to walk away and say no and I said look man I just want a hamburger that's it I broke down and I am starving and ranted on...well they gave in lol so I walked up to the pick up area and the kid snuck in the bag an apple pie for me to. So there are nice people in the world. The manager however did not want to do it he went on about rules and how I am supposed to have a car. That is the problem with society everybody is a puppet they follow rules set forth by a bunch of rich people instead of doing what is in their own hearts. Anyway's I waited at pick up some guy in his car was being a jerk to me he kept pulling up trying to force me from the window almost hitting me. Then he sticks his head out of the window and says man you must have ordered the entire restaurant I looked at him and was like ummm its just a hamburger. As soon as I got it I downed the burger in 30 seconds no lie. When I am hungry nothing stands in the way of my food Ill chose food over sex lol.

So anyway's I had a one mile more hike to go to the cemetery...eventually I seen it way up the road in front of me the giant gates and did my investigate of Bonaventure Cemetery. The report for that is below. Leave the cemetery was not so easy my feet started to swell a little or the tops were starting to blister it felt like. On top of it I had a rash on my legs I wore some special material that the US military wears to keep me insolated and well from sweating it caused a little heat rash so now I was sick...tooth was killing me... had a rash and my feet were on fire not cool. I did not have a given map of the area just good with directions and the city was north. So I went north east and ended up eventually on a main road that went right downtown into Savannah. That road was a rough part of the city a lot of cops out....more ghetto some guy came up to me wanting the time just a lot of people up to no good you can always tell by those who are up to something. But it was a well lit area I just had more projects I had to go through. Strangely I was not paying much attention and looked to my right. I seen a grave stone a few feet away from the sidewalk. I was like wohhh no way man lol. To my right was Savannah Catholic Cemetery I stopped in for a few to gather some photos and evp report is below of that also.

I finally made it back into the city and my first stop back on into it would be the Pirates House which was now closed so nobody around. So I walked around it took some EVP and some photos. Then went up to the Fort Wayne site where I was actually on top of the wall rather then below it. At that site was a fenced off abandoned property looked sort of like a jail with bars on the windows I did not go in it was alarmed so they probably were storing valuables from the site inside who knows. I just wanted an outside photo of it...it was a pretty cool looking building.

I hopped a wall over and cut right on into the Emmet Park and Old Harbor. You have to understand that this is the oldest part of the area so it was very important for me to go down to the water to investigate. The park is really cool they have the old harbor light....memorials...anchors....and of course the stone wall which is around 50 feet high sort of looks like at one time they had cannons that would fire upon an intruders the way it faces the water. I took the stair case down it winded around and was very steep down to the river.

I took some photos of the waving girl statue which is a famous site and also visited the Olympic Torch. These two sites are well visited and I made sure I got a couple photos. As I started walking down the river I noticed a set of train tracks I think they have some trolley that goes along the water. Along the river was many old inns and B&B's most are proclaimed to be haunted I only visited one which is called the Old Harbor Inn which was all decorated and cozy for Xmas. Also in front of the inn was a dock there was around 4 tugs...or small ships here. I took a quick photo the river is well known for its passing ships and just across the river is South Carolina. As a child I grew up visiting SC many times I was so close to it again lol.

Anyway's I went back up the stairwell to another part of the Harbor Wall and found a few more plaques along with a Celtic cross which was dedicated to the Irish who were very involved with the history of Savannah. Their were also a few cannons near the wall. Some parts of the wall crumbled and trust me you would not want to stand on it unless you want to fall to your death. So I did not get to close.

It was really odd the set up of this all because here you had the old harbor wall and below that was the river front. The only way to get down there was either to take the steep stairwells...a cobble stone road...or to take these tiny metal bridges that would lead to the various inns, pubs and shops on the river front. It was really awesome reminded of Pirates Of The Caribbean really.

Eventually I came across the George Washington's Cannons display...and the amazing City Hall. I made sure I got photos of this. By this time I had came across over 40 plaques with a time schedule I could not read them and of course the cannons came with plaques to. The entire town is historical its like the Gettysburg of the south really. There was also the Cotton Exchange...and Manticore Fountain which I visited briefly. I probably spelled it wrong but a Manticore is technically a chimera or lion with wings more of a cross bred mythological creature pretty cool really if your into strange beast.

I started to head away from the harbor area and had one last mission which would be to check out Wright Square which is one of the oldest squares laid out in Savannah. It also is the site of a famous Indian who is buried here his grave stone is a giant boulder...and there is a giant monument..fountains etc actually I visited this square and another just a few hundred feet away. This is an old area there is the court house nearby and a lot of very prestigious buildings. I seen nobody out it was a GhostTown...two drunk guys were out wandering around that was about it. I made sure I captured a shot of downtown Savannah all lit up with the Xmas lights and old buildings. Everything is old hell one building was a home that had giant white columns at the entrance to it. Even the banks were historical looking. My last visit in this area or stop would be the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace which is this giant mansion very pretty sort of eerie looking.

I had a few hours to catch my bus back so I wanted to go and visit the battlefield again but at night less cars out easy to get EVP and such. I did visit the battlefield it was a good mile walk and it was on the edge of the bad neighborhood I walked through during the day. It felt a lot different here at night you could feel a stronger presence or energy. I did not spend a lot of time here wanted to just wrap up the night I had done my job gathered photos...evp etc enough to put on the site from Savannah itself. I closed out the investigation of Savannah and I made one last little stop which would be the Roundhouse Railroad Museum which also has a historical Significance to the area. When you read the report from the museum you will also read my final conclusion to my journey in Savannah so make sure you go all the way to the end of the report to read my final thoughts. Savannah is a feast for historians and paranormal buffs like myself it was well worth the pain...and obstacles to have done this journey and so I will get on with the other reports.

Laurel Grove Cemetery

Well after only being in Savannah for about an hour I walked in front of this place strangely it closes at 5pm maybe because the area it sits is not a very nice one who knows. I seen a few trouble causers out I honestly felt safer on Hollowed Ground then on the streets walking around. I mean think about it you know your in trouble when you seen Martin Luther King, Sycamore St. and Jefferson Street all near one another haha.

So anyway's after walking in the front of it for awhile taking photos over the very high fence and walls I had to check out this place. It was really pretty with many old trees draping the graves..some of the graves were in ruins...it had a very eerie feeling to it not to mention how large it was this place was pretty forboding.

I took some photos of the entrance when some guy in a truck pulled in front and he would not leave till I left. I think he worked for the cemetery cause they had similar trucks parked out back of the crematory or office on site. There were a few old stone buildings in the front probably very haunted to.

I had decided to go off into the woods for a hike these were not friendly woods there was thick thorns....heavy brush...wet lands etc and I climbed a tree even. I will not get into why I climbed the tree just thought I would let everybody know what the investigation entailed haha. I had two rusted pieces of metal get stuck in my jeans and I did put a few holes in my clothes after only being in Savannah for an hour lol. I know I know I cannot keep out of trouble. To make matters worst there was a low laying area and yes I walked through it submerging my feet under cold water so my feet were wet the entire night of the investigation which made it all the more worst.

Upon wandering the cemetery I was in its oldest section. My take on this place is that it had a very eerie feeling. I normally do not do investigations of places this time of day but the sun was dropping quick and it almost was dark here. I can tell you that I felt watched terribly here. A lot of the graves were crumbling...some were just piles of stones...many were giant stone coffins with engravings and crosses. This cemetery had a more gothic design...the giant crypts...the castle like structures...the wrought iron surrounded close graves..life like angels etc very dreary place and on one occasion I heard something in the cemetery such as movement. There are woods near the cemetery and a good portion of it.

I spent awhile here walking around it just was more safer then the area it was located in. I did not check out the other half to it that is one downside of walking on foot is you can only spend a short time at each place otherwise you wont complete your agendas and goals. So I stayed mainly in the oldest area took my data then left. The guy in the truck was gone outside the gates...and I left quietly only to investigate more of Savannah and of course my next location which would be Savannah Colonial Cemetery.

Colonial Cemetery

Some say its the oldest in Savannah I would say it is hard to tell cause man some of them graves in Laurel Grove were quite old. I was astounded because you see in Colonial Cemetery your allowed to be in there up to 8pm unlike Laurel Grove. So the gates were all wide open and unlocked easy pickens for the Lord lol.

It was not 8pm yet so I was fully legal very rare but yes indeed. The first thing I did was went to the wall in back...as their were grave stones embedded in the wall. It was the oddest thing I ever seen. The wall had tombstones laying against it...some sat within the brick..others were hung up on the wall itself lol.

Then to my left were some brick vaults...and some more elaborate stones. I guess the cemetery has burials of the 13 colonies here. There are a lot of generals....colonels...and captains buried here...names like Cottineau, McIntosh, Scarbrough, Elbert and Habersham just to name a few.

Their was movement off in some bushes probably just an animal my take on it. But the thing that stood out here is the heavy cold spot activity. Other then that I snickered cause I cant believe they give ghost tours here the place is so over visited even if I was a ghost I would be scared away. Plus half of the cemetery is lit from the nearby mansions and such.

While reading some of the plaques which the cemetery has quite a few of them at various grave sites a ghost tour group entered they were all staring at me. Again I laughed to myself cause I watched as these people acted all scared at the entrance hands in the pockets...staying close together...crouching down listening to this person talk about its haunts. I was like ehhhh want to join me lol. I was pretty much at this point trying to stay away from the large group its not a large cemetery just a few hundred burials in the heart of Savannahs historic district.

I found a few stones that were in despair and a few giant brick vaults it really was a nice cemetery you will like the photos. No angels here...mainly just old engraved stones...and giant brick or stone vaults. A lot of prominent people buried here some of the first people to settle the Savannah area. Some of these people died in tragedy it is what it is a very well known historical site not just for ghostbusters or tourist but historians to.

After getting through and out of Savannah I found a bonus place called Legpageville Cemetery.

Lepageville Cemetery

This place was not quite on my agenda or list but I figured what the hell. I seen the giant brick entrance and wrought iron sign with overgrown woods. I figured it was to tempting not to go in so with my cup of coffee I entered and the first thing I said what the hell. I did not see any graves haha. I did see a lot of dead trees...woods...high grass etc I ended up getting a lot of sand spurs they are very painful and so my shoes got covered in them.

I went into the cemetery found a few broken pieces of concrete...found a brick grave which was basically a few bricks cemented together like a block to make a marker. There was nothing here and I went deep into the woods searching. I did not like it back here this place actually was getting on my nerves there was no graves and I felt a lot of discomfort. There was something back here with me and it wasn't as friendly as the other places I been to. My light was fairly dim I was to lazy to change the batteries hell the way I am is ill do some investigations with no lights at all. So if something was here I did not see it cause my light was almost out.

I wandered the woods for awhile didn't find much of anything heard some movement....felt three really heavy cold spots...and a beer bottle was either thrown or landed near me. I heard the clink of glass or something that's how I know. This place seemed to be a dumping ground a lot of beer bottles...wood...furniture..even some concrete slabs etc. I also noticed the trees all had pink ribbons on them so apparently the cemetery here is abandoned and they are either going to clean it up or they want to remove the woods that are back here.

I went down a trail came out further down the road silly me went back into the woods for round two this time I found a series of broken stones but no engravings the place is bad real bad. If it was a cemetery nothing remains of it really. I did not spend no more then a half hour hiking around here then it was time to go off to Fort Jackson.

Old Fort Jackson

I had my choice of two forts this one was within walking range so I decided to hike out to it. I had been hiking a few miles so when I seen the sign for it I was thrilled. On foot nothing is as close as it seems and so I had made my turn off to the left which is this dip that goes right down into the woods then straightens out for a half of a mile.

It was a very narrow road heading out to the fort it started off with woods...then for awhile it was swamps...wetlands...and flooding from the river. Way off in the distance in front of me down the road was a refinery it had to be you could see giant round structures which houses the fuel...smoke from the stacks...you could smell oil and chemicals in the air. It was a large well lit place of course I would not head to the refinery the road would split and I would take a road to the right. That road was very woodsy and it would be a little more then a half of mile that I would have to hike to the fort.

I hiked down the wooded road there was a large animal out there and honestly you have to be careful in GA they do have wolves most are harmless but still it is an animal and you are in its territory. I grabbed my weapon just in case it never showed itself to me though. As I walked down the road it took forever and eventually I came up to the dim lights of an old train depot and site of the fort.

I hiked in the woods it was bad real bad I had to crawl on my hands and knees. I had to cut down vines...and squeeze between trees and bam I was at the site of the fort. I walked up to the fort which does sit surrounded by deep water...there was no way in the fort I did take a few bridges to it but it was locked down. Inside it probably was a lot more interesting then just the outside and It was hard to get any good photos of it so I mainly worked with EVP here for about an hour.

I took some photos they had a couple cannons near the fort...the Tybee train depot on site. I also walked down the old brick road or port walkway which sat around the fort. Part of that went right out along the river which from there I could see factories all lit up....and Savannah very far away in the distance. I wish I took more photos but one thing that stood out from me is I went up to one of the doors to the fort and on the otherside I heard a giant banging sound inside. That fort is locked down at night and that was a clear noise very loud that banged from the inside. It is supposed to be haunted nobody knows for sure because it shuts down early really.

I walked around the fort a few times took a few photos....spent time admiring the bay and river...then took on off. I was a little saddened that I could not see the inside but that's life I been to a dozen of forts like this but this one needs some work its pretty beat up even some of the brick windows are falling apart and it sits in ruins. I had over a mile hike back to the main road it was pretty rough. Also I noticed an old set of railroad tracks not far from the fort I seen so this explain the depot near the fort in the area.

I liked the area the smell of the factories though are polluting this area the air was hard for me to breath. I spent time on the phone while hiking back to the main road. This place is pretty fortified a nice place to visit though. Finally I moved onto Bonaventure Cemetery.

Bonaventure Cemetery

The whole reason for my trip to Savannah was to visit this site. Its one of the nicest cemeteries in the country and it sits on a bluff which extends out onto the water. When I arrived at the big gates I also seen signs for two other cemeteries that adjoin with this one. This is a very large cemetery probably goes for over a half of mile or more back.

Its very easy to get lost in this cemetery it has some of the largest trees in the area. Most of the cemetery is very overgrown by fauna not in a bad way its maintained by its a very very dark place.

I had no idea where to even go here I got into the cemetery and thought wow where do I go lol. I mean beyond a lot of the trees and brush...as I walked down dirt roads I was being pulled off in different directions. I ran to the left to see a crypt...ran to the right to get a photo of a statue etc the graves here are LARGE...they are beautiful with columns...statues of angels...giant crypts with engravings etc.

I would not have a lot of time here as the hike took awhile to get here but I would make sure that I at least hiked through the cemetery all the way to the bluff and would cover the main historical areas of it. The cemetery had many monuments some were taller then the trees...Celtic crosses and wrought iron surrounded graves.

When hiking down one of the dirt roads the moon glistened slightly over an open area. It was really pretty and there was hundreds of graves no wait thousands so I knew that this is a place that probably would take many visits if you wanted to see everything here. I know I missed a lot but my goal was basically to see the cemetery say I been here and to get some of it on the site for our viewers.

I went out to the bluff there was a bench and a drop off to the water. I walked right up to the edge wanted to see how far down it was lol. When all of sudden something touched me trust me it was real something literally put its hand on my back pack and shoved me. I almost fell over the edge. It was not trying to push me on purpose it felt more like something put its arm around me like a warm hello it just did it at the wrong time lol. It was okay but it did catch me off guard I turned around really quickly.

I took another road back out of the cemetery so I could see different graves I think I was so amazed that I didn't take as many photos as I wanted to its to beautiful that you just want to look at all the stones. But I did make sure I captured some of the more famous graves here. Their is one of statue and famous grave of a marathon runner she is the fastest in Savannah guess she won medals in the Olympics also. I felt her presence with me that statue was eerie its eyes were hard to explain but looking at me weird. I dont know you would have to be with me to understand the statue almost looked alive I have studied some cases about living statues out of them all I seen this one well was just that creepy.

Throughout my hike in this cemetery there was a very creepy bird making screeching sounds the entire investigation not to mention the bats...moon glistening etc this investigation turned into a living horror movie I could not ask for more. I took EVP the entire time and I took a fair amount of photos. If your a ghostbuster what better then to visit one of the most haunted well known cemeteries in this country so definitely worth the hike.

After this I had a long hike back to Savannah along the way I stopped at Savannah Catholic Cemetery.

Savannah Catholic Cemetery

As you know in Catholicism the cemeteries are full of saints...statues...crosses and angels. So I was excited to find this cemetery this was just another beautiful stop for me along my journey back into downtown Savannah. I found the place accidentally as the graves I noticed were sitting up on a hill so I went in to peak around.

I did not spend much time here just walked around one of the older sections which goes for a few hundred feet. I noticed a lot of wrought iron surrounded graves actually more then any of the other cemeteries. Some have elaborate designs...some family plots you had to enter gates to see.

There were a few giant stone vaults...a few stone crypts etc this place was pretty amazing how far back it went I do not know. One crypt had a stairwell leading underground like a basement of some kind. A lot of engravings on the stone remember seeing one with ivy engraved around the stone.

I noticed a lot of cold spot activity here I did not feel much of a ghostly presence here Bonaventure was a lot more eerie and had a lot more energy then here. But this cemetery was beautiful and it was another big place visited by ghost tour groups in the area. I just happened to come across it and made the stop.

I did sit down for awhile to take some EVP and change out my batteries finally put in new batteries in my light probably should have done it at Bonaventure I walked blind in that cemetery. I was starting to scare cause I was running out of batteries on top of it. It was a comfortable cemetery though if I was staying overnight I would camp out here there was many walls surrounding many stones so it would be the ideal place to take a nap.

I did see a veterans cemetery parallel with this one but I did not investigate it. I had to get back on into town and finish up the night. As I would finish off downtown Savannah then would visit my last major site which would be the Savannah Train Museum.

Roundhouse Train Museum Of Savannah

I was not going to do this place but I had sometime to spare I said what the hell. I love old trains they intrigue me and well it was just calling out to me Lord Rick hop on board. So I had a look around...there is an old brick train wall nearby...and I started my investigation off there.

I could no longer climb so I had no plans to go onto any of the trains like I normally do if you look on our site we have done other train yards and such. I just wanted to finish off the night with something fun for our viewers.

I noticed that the train museum sat in an old train yard they have one of those turntables where the train would pull up on it and it would turn it onto another track. I never seen anything like this before in front of my eyes. To see over 10 sets of tracks all leading to the same point was cool actually more then that.

Anyway's to my left was what was left of the giant train station or at least depot of some kind. It was not even a building anymore they put the trains in here but most of the walls...windows...roof etc are missing or crumbling. I did not spend a lot of time here I was tired to the max I just wanted to walk once around the yard take a few photos of the locomotives...I did go up a ramp inside a cargo box car they had some historical reads inside and barrels. I sat on the bench changed out some batteries it was pretty eerie inside the car.

They had a giant steam engine locomotive then a few small ones. There was also an old freight engine this thing was massive...a few passenger cars...and a few cargo cars including one caboose. It was not one of the best train museums I been to but it was a nice place to visit. I think it was more of an UE type of place big old crumbling building with trains being housed in it. The building was falling apart I would have loved to have someone take my photo in front of some of the trains but ehhh that's life.

Some of the small little train engines were cool they had this one engine as small as my car more fit for a kid to have as a toy lol. There was a few other things on the site like a burnt rail car....a boiler...a pile of coal...and some train wheels. I did not explore the abandoned building on site it was time to wrap up the night I did a lot of hiking and was up for 24 hours at this point.

After investigating Savannah and the train museum...I had to go back into a bad section of town for breakfast. There was a Burger King I wanted breakfast I didn't care if someone put a gun to my bed I was going to get myself some french toast sticks. So off I went and some guy came up to me asking for money I gave him the money I figured since I did not take a taxi or bus he could use it more. Did you know the guy did not even say thank you to me human beings and there greed unbelievable.

Anyhow I finally made it to burger king it was 5am they were closed which was okay I needed to rest a little. I found a church near the projects and went behind a bush. I changed my wet socks out....cleaned myself up a little....saved and organized all my equipment. Fixed the sand spurs out of my laces....had a snack with some water...then put my bag behind my head and laid on the concrete looking at the stars. I dozed off briefly but could not sleep cause I had to catch my bus back home so could not rest much.

Burger King opened at 6 am sharp I was the first inside and I got myself a huge ass breakfast. I was the only white person eating there a lot of older people go in get there coffee read the paper. But I did notice one thing about Savannah as opposed to here in FL is that even though some of the people are no good doers or some are trouble regardless every drug dealer...gangster...or person I passed down a dark alley or on the streets said hello to me except the one guy that was on his bicycle after I did Laurel Grove Cemetery. Other then that I didn't run into any problems people didn't mess with me much. Of course I think I would be scared of me at night wandering around with a back pack and Santa beard hahaha and yeah I brought it I had to I had to at least get one photo of me on with it in Savannah lol.

I spent the night on the streets after breakfast I had to get to the bus station...my bus was over an hour late I was not happy I just wanted to take a nap rest on up. There was a guy down there who told me he just got out of the hospital and was stabbed I guess on the streets like me lol. I was thinking man I either am lucky or I just am that experienced at what I do. At this point the city of Savannah was covered in fog it was odd how it started to set in right after I was done investigating all night long.

They had to put him and I on another bus and I did not get home till an hour later which sucked. I didn't have to spend as much time in Jacksonville during the lay over so that was a plus. I also sat alone the entire trip home...dropped my flashlight on the bus it rolled down the isle hahaha some guy grabbed it for me. I was just to tired I couldn't even walk straight so I was thrilled better him bending over then me.

As soon as I got off the greyhound I went to the gas station near my house grabbed a jumbo hot dog with onions...cheese...mustard and I gobbled that Fu$$er down like no tomorrow with an awesome hot cup of coffee. It was the best hot dog I ever had eaten. People laugh at me but them gas station hot dogs come in handy when your hungry or need to eat something on the go.

I got home I took a shower everything of mine was dirty from the clove oil spilling all over my flash lights...turtle neck...backpack etc I was just relieved to get home. This was an investigation that was different then others again I had to be flawless because I had for one to do it on foot...for two I had to make sure I fit in certain locations...then three their is the safety issue your on the streets with valuables and people want to rob you its just that simple.

I have to say this for me was an awesome investigation not a lot of ghost activity but they are important places that need to be put on my site and for our fans to enjoy. I will be spending a few weeks listening to the EVPs....studying the photos etc it will be awhile before it goes up on the site hopefully before I move out west Ill have it up not sure though.

For me now its vacation no more investigations for a few months I need to heal old wounds...and chill awhile. This last investigation was a dangerous one not so much downtown Savannah but a lot of the other sides visited on the outskirts of town.

I wanted to at least bring one last Hooray before the end of the New Year and our relocation to CA. I know for a fact that Savannah is a place that has a lot to offer and see. I could never see everything during one visit or one jaunt on foot. They say almost every site...structure...or parcel of land here is haunted by a ghost or two. I mean when I went to St. Augustine FL which is the oldest city in the nation it didn't even come close to the size that Savannah is. Savannah is many times larger and contains many more historical structures which are still in tact a couple hundred years later.

Its an old city full of history...legends..ghost stories...and beauty. Everything is gorgeous...the fountains...statues...monuments...cannons along the sidewalks...old inns...etc its just that amazing. There is a sense of eeriness down some of the quiet streets. At night a lot of the gardens...and so forth are locked up. But you can still peer into them through the iron bars.

I wanted to at least visit here so I could appreciate its history...but also so I could bring you some of the sites onto our website with the history...haunting's and information. It was an amazing journey for me and Ill pay for it for awhile today I am just down right fatigued. But to say I walked the streets of Savannah after hearing so much about it from other members is just another experience under my belt. I am sure that many of the buildings inside also have strange tales I mean the city burnt down people died murders took place and even battles. Its a city of strange tales and beauty.

I got to see more then anybody could get on any ghost tour...I literally got into the heart of the city first hand walking down the dark alleys....visiting cemeteries that are closed...and spending a night in the historical areas of the city while the people were asleep and only for the ghost of its past to haunt and roam it freely.

Lastly just wanted to wish everybody a Happy New Years in a few weeks before I leave to CA I will be visiting two more sites not really investigations but I will put them up on our site. I have a lot to be thankful for some people take what we do here not serious or for granted but to be able to pull off this trip sort of was a miracle in itself when you account for all the factors involved and a nice way to end 2007!
Lord Rick
Founder
http://www.paranormalghostsociety.org

Profile E-mail