The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Need Assistance...Service Packs...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:30 am 
Site Admin

I am having a cmd.exe problem on my pc so I have not been able to get on much. Having windows service packs 1 and 2 will fix it problem is microsoft wont let me download them because my activation code doesnt match my registration. If anybody can send me the service packs let me know so I can download them and install them. I am on dial up wont have my highspeed back for another couple weeks due to the high electric bill this month. In FL the cost of utilities is VERY high. I have a cmd problem where when I reboot a black box pops up in windows therefore anything that opens on windows is unable to execute like yahoo...aol...my adware scanner etc I have regcure Version 1.4.0.4 but I do not have a serial number for it this will also fix the cmd problem supposedly. Any help is appreciated if you can help me let me know in this thread you can email me on myspace or aol at mailto:LordOfThyNight@aol.com appreciate it.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Need Assistance...Service Packs...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:15 am 

About Me: Rick eats cock
Favorite Quotes: " Revenge is a dish best served cold "
Try to start windows in safe, or selective startup mode

then DO not start the cme.exe

follow this webpage

http://www.file.net/process/cme.exe.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:19 am 

Rick this website states it can quickly fix it

http://www.securitystronghold.com/gates/gator.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Mike unfortunately its not a cme problems its a cmd.exe and ntvdm.exe problem. When I go into windows a black screen pops up and it fails to open a number of my programs including aol, yahoo, lexmark etc the service pack 2 can fix this but there is other ways to or programs that can do it to. Its trying to run those programs like its a dos program rather then a windows one. I heard regcure can fix it the newest version but mine isnt registered and there is xoftse i got the newest version but thats not registered either..no guarantee those will even fix the problem but since in the trial it reads those files its possible it could fix it. This can be caused by adware and spyware unfortunately even removing it may not fix the glitch.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:16 am 

cmd.exe

cmd.exe known as Command Processor cmd, has the following information and may help up understand this process better.

cmd.exe - Here is the scoop on Command Processor as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is cmd.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Command Processor?
cmd.exe (Command Processor) - Details

The cmd.exe application provides a command shell similiar in operation to a DOS prompt on older DOS based computers. It allows older DOS based programs to be executed on windows based computers. If you find that a program running via a DOS shell is causing problems you can terminate the cmd.exe process.

cmd.exe is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Command Processor may adversly impact your system.

The Process Server database currently registers cmd.exe to Microsoft.

This is part of Microsoft Windows.

cmd.exe is related to ntvdm.exe, wing.dll, wing32.dll, wjview.exe,

Whenever you have a concern about a file like cmd.exe, feel free to visit our Anonymous Surfing section to help verify your file you are not giving away too much personal information.

The Process Server database is updated often, but inaccuracies may still exist, often caused by viruses named after valid files such as Command Processor. Always verify your results just to play it safe.
CMD.EXE - Disclaimer

Every attempt has been made to provide you with the correct information for cmd.exe or COMMAND PROCESSOR. Many spyware / malware programs use filenames of usual, non-malware programs. If we have included information about cmd.exe that is inaccurate, we would greatly appreciate your help by updating the Process Information database and we will do our best to correct it.

You should verify the accuracy of information we provided about cmd.exe. Command Processor may have had a status change since this page was published.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:21 am 

Rick!!!!

I found you service pack 2, im downloading it for you now its like 270MB,

how do you want me to get it to you?

will you still need one?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:59 am 

OK rick, you can DL service pack 1 here

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/winxpsp1.html

And you can download service pack 2 here

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html

I really hope this all helps, and anyone who knows Rick's number on this forum please give him a ring and let him know these downloads are here

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:05 am 

Rick i forgot you were on dial up, these downloads could take in excess of 8 hours, I can priority mail them to you, could be there as early is tuesday, as late as wednesday, just email me an address to send em too.

Or go to a friends house with high speed and DL em there, then burn them on there burner

took me a total of 15 minutes to DL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:57 am 
Site Admin

I wont be on high speed for a few weeks cause they wanted me to order a dumb high cost dsl modem from embarq so downloading that would take like 30 something hours on dial up. If you send me sp2 on disc i can run the error fixer from it which fixes the cmd problem I tried sdfix but it didnt work they said sp2 however fixes the error. Most programs wont open in windows just my IE and MSN thats it besides a few virus scanners and such. I havnt had a chance to send you a logo yet for the stickers cause i cant even open anything to redo or resize them. Ill email you on here since its easier for me.
Rick

Profile E-mail