The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Monster Adventure Up At Maggie's Peak California...09/06
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Our Monster Adventure Up At Maggie's Peak California...09/06/14

Everytime I hear Desolation Wilderness I get overjoyed with thoughts of Sasquatch. This vast wilderness is really home to more bigfoot sightings and activity then almost anywhere else in the country. Perhaps because it has over 50 bodies of water, deep granite canyons, rock formations and allot of offbeat places nobody has explored. Its the perfect primate playground at least if I were one this is where I would spend my days roaming.

The views of Fannette Island, Steamboats and even hot air balloons were pretty phenomenal at a place called inspiration point where we first parked to take some scenic pictures. I talked to a ranger who told me to drive up the dirt road across the highway if I wanted to hike up into the Desolation Wilderness. He said id wear my hiking boots out if I didn't lol.

Anyhow this was a special trip planned with my sons and I. Our goal would be to hike up to Granite Lake, Summit the tallest of Maggie's Peaks then take a trail to a waterfall to maybe go for a swim. Sometimes things do not work in your favor you get side tracked looking for something else or you end up taking a completely different trail.

There are actually two trails one heads up to granite lake then the rest of the way you have to scramble to get to the top of both of Maggie's Peaks. The other trail descends into this massive canyon full of volcanic domes, rocks, creek and it heads towards the crystal mountains leaving behind Cascade Lake.

We took the canyon with the creek until we realized we were at the bottom of Maggie Peak we realized the lake was hundred of feet above us on a ridge. Granted I have no regrets of the canyon we were in however this put us a long ways away from trying to stand on the peak let alone making it to the lake above us.

While at the same time my son made a mistake the older one because teenagers hate hiking so they will say anything to make the hike shorter it actually turned out to be the opposite. We were not on any trails just weaving between granite slabs 100' slanted on their sides as we were making our way up through the canyon.

I had found in the canyons allot of wild berry bushes not to far from there in some soft Earth we found two sets of tracks. The first one revealed a few large toes much larger then that of a humans. The second one revealed 4 and half toes with a spread greater then 8 inches across meaning whatever made the track was very large in size.

So early on in the expedition things became very evident that the possibility of bigfoot being in this canyon were very real. The views of Cascade Lake were nice to at one time this lake which runs parallel with Emerald Bay use to be another bay until volcanic rock sealed it off from Lake Tahoe.

I had a feeling we were traversing the wrong canyon because we could hardly see Tahoe or Emerald Bay. At the same time I was hiking in a primitive canyon with very little trails we even found a large den which could be used by Bigfoot in the cooler months when snow keeps humans from venturing to deep within this region.

After a few miles deep within the canyon and standing on some high volcanic domes we decided to turn back. We must had rock climbed all the way down to the creek to the bottom of the canyon itself. Now we had to head westward up a 500' cliff full of thorn brush and massive rocks. It was either climb to the top of the ridge then follow it to the lake or go all the way back to hike the other trail.

We had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into we spent a few hours climbing the side of this cliff below Maggie Peak to one of its ridge lines. Most of the hike had this red brush which slices through you like knives the kids having pants on and being more agile missed most of it. But I was not so lucky I had gotten a few hundred cuts legs were dripping blood and their was no end to our climb or so it seemed. Hiking in the brush is scary you have snakes and other animals lurking in it. We know we found some rattle snake eggs that had hatched so we had to be very observant for anything that might hurt us.

In between the brush were huge fallen trees you could walk across while other areas had patches of steep rocks that you had to embrace tightly or fall to your death. We climbed quite a few rocks and rock faces but then we would hit more brush sometimes higher then even me. In fact it was so rough it poked a few holes through my tripod case and clothes. Although ill admit I photographed and seen a couple awesome lizards. As we climbed higher Tahoe became more majestic so it was not all for nothing.

At times you could step through brush other times you had to push hard through it I could just feel it cutting into my flesh but we had one way to go that was up. Eventually the foliage would lessen so would the steep drop offs. I mean literally during our climb we were on the edge of cliffs for a few hours so to get to the wood line felt good because I knew if we cut through the woods we would hit the trail that takes you into the Desolation Wilderness which we did of course after climbing more fallen trees at times higher then even us.

When we hit the trail that is when the views really were stellar we could see all of Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe and even a part of Cascade Lake below. We were on the right track this time with just moments away from intersecting with granite lake.

When we reached the lake we cut through the woods for some reason my body went into shock I had gotten cramps in every part of my body including my fingers. My hands completely locked up so did my legs and I was not doing well. Were not sure if all the hours of rock climbing having to lift my leg a few times over my head to pull myself up pulled some muscle or if I had an allergic reaction to the brush that heavily scarred my body up which was still bleeding when I sat at the lake.

Across the lake was a nude couple getting ready to skinny dip. They certainly were not shy as the kids and I were sitting on the shore eating while they were standing in front of us baring everything. My sons were laughing but I was thinking to myself nobody wants to see your shit hanging out lol. I mean we had some folks swim in the lake next to us but they were in swim suits these people just came out of the woods with no clothes on whatsoever it was like a bad episode of Naked and Afraid lol.

I had tried to relax smoked a cigar, ate a good lunch, drank a few bottles of water and even took my meds. Nothing would work I could not walk my entire body went into shock the kids had to help me out which they did they took my pack and helped me off the mountain. My son was pretty shocked when he found out how heavy my pack was compared to his and he complained to me about his being heavy when in fact mine weighs more then both my boys put together lol. I cant even believe I cliff climbed with that much weight on me a few times I almost fell trust me the sierras will test you in every which way you can possibly imagine.

It was kind of funny how fast it took us to hike down from Granite Lake we made it back to our vehicle in less then an hour. But yet we spent more then half of the day working on climbing Maggie's cliffs and exploring the canyon below her which like I said paid off when we found plentiful signs that their is enough food to sustain a bigfoot like creature especially with the tracks to confirm that they may use this area as a way to hunt or gather food.

When we reached the truck darkness was setting on in I actually had to pull off a few times and walk off some of my cramps. I could barely even drive my jeep so I went in the back ate and drank more to gather strength. All of sudden some woman across the road has her vehicle running were like ummm okay this guy comes running out of the woods with his dick in his hand right in front of my kids. So not only did we experience 1 birthday suit but 3 of them in one day I am sure my kids eyes will never be the same lol. WTF is wrong with people I am out looking for bigfoot not a bunch of naked trolls running through the woods.

I had gotten a 5 hour energy and a banana neither of them worked from a local gas station. It was dark out and I kept having regrets because I never made it to the falls nor did I make it to the top of Maggie Peak. Maggie Peak is awesome because you can see Cascade Lake, Lake Tahoe and Emerald Bay all together from above. Also from the top you can see many of the lakes found on the otherside of this peak within the Desolation Wilderness that includes the Crystal Mountains which is a very mysterious place so to get to stand above it all would be a really great feat for our team.

I have decided to finish this so this week we will go back focusing on summating Maggie's Peak. Since we explored much of the area already it should be a fairly evident this time of how and where we are going to summit this mountain. Maggie's Peak is rumored to be one of the most scenic vista points in all of Tahoe so you can see why I am going back so yes their will be an expedition two coming this week.

In addition to all of this state tuned on a report of Burnside Lake where I camped days in the wilderness in search of America's great ape! Trust me its a good one everything we do are top notch paranormal hot spots while other places are just beyond beautiful. I would not have it any other way every adventure is unique within itself!
Peace,
Lord Rick
PGS Founder

Profile E-mail