The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Expedition On The "Rubicon Trail" Aug. 25th 2014.......
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Our Expedition On The "Rubicon Trail" Aug. 25th 2014.......

When I planned out the Rubicon Trail expedition I never knew much about it I just wanted my own little slice of heaven. Nothing beats getting some pumpkin spice coffee, breakfast and taking on off to a new destination. The very curvy road which goes all above Cascade Lake and Emerald Bay is a treacherous one. I know I found a car from over 50 years prior to our drive along the cliffs that had been incinerated and mangled. So to drive here did require some early morning concentration.

Little did I ever know that one day I would traverse the Rubicon Trail I mean although its so close to Tahoe it really has its offbeat moments depending on where you journey at. But its more then just a trail it can lead you to the worlds highest elevated lighthouse or take you along the cliffs of western Lake Tahoe where you get great views of the Carson Range afar. I must had seen at least three peaks alone I had climbed to the top off.

It was a Monday very rarely do I hike during the week so really we only ran into a few hikers. I have the utmost respect for the elderly who hike better then I can on this trail. This trail goes up and down the entire way. Allot of the stones set into place or natural stairwells seem like they were made for giants.

The first part of the hike was an ascension to the lighthouse which overlooks Tahoe it was not very powerful just a little wood shack maybe that produced if that 70 lumens of light. It was a nice little resting spot above the lake and a beautiful morning to match it. But to go with this lighthouse also comes allot of history between the early Washoe all the way to man building settlements along with lighthouses so that boats could navigate North Americas deepest lakes.

I will say this it gets a bit confusing hiking back here I had noticed different trails take you to different places. The other issue is that D.L. Bliss state park really over charges you to park here. You can just about going anywhere in the national forest in the sierras and park for free then hike. But paying to park here was 10 dollars because of the obvious that it is Lake Tahoe so its a bit touristy.

Our hike would follow us along the western shore of Tahoe actually heading south. The one noticeable thing is that their was an extreme military presence in the area. I am not saying the military does not fly over Tahoe I am saying it was a bit overkill with black helicopters, bombers and other sorts of planes scouring the lake.

I am not sure yet if this has any relation to the events that transpired in North Lake Tahoe at Slide Mountain but a few weeks ago I had seen a gold UFO hover over the lake in some fog. The object was massive, bright and it eventually shot off to orbit. The other smaller orb like objects remained and perhaps this is what put the military on high alert.

I had no expectations of finding anything paranormal allot of the work we do is preservation and photography. On occasion we might have an experience that will blow your minds that is just the truth but its not an all the time thing. So for more or less I wanted to take Tammy on out to enjoy a nice lake front jaunt.

The Rubicon is also known for its marathons and their is a part of it you can take your jeeps to offroad on. Its pretty rough and one can only imagine how important it is to stay on the trail otherwise risk going over the edge. There is allot of cliffs but eventually it starts to descend down onto the lake shore and its hidden coves.

Tammy and I were working our way towards Emerald Bay my plan was to veer eastward once we reached the peninsula and get out to a place called Emerald Point. Its this little inlet that separates lake Tahoe from the bay. From afar one could see the old steam boats slipping between the lake and the baby.

I could see Mt. Tallac off in the distance its hard to believe I hiked up around it a few weeks prior to all of this. Nature was quite abundant to we seen allot of flowers, butterflies, chipmunks and even birds. One of the birds came right up to my face on a branch tipped his head sideways and was trying to communicate with me.

Being on the trail seemed to be more like a lost paradise once we made our way towards our first cove you could see various hues of water. Water that was aqua, dark blue, green etc signifying the deeper areas along the shoreline found here. Along the shoreline below is also a swimming park below are sunken boats and other unique pieces of the past.

Once we reached the cove we could see to our left a way to follow the peninsula but it was rocky so we took our hike to the woods. We had no trails or set ways hell parts of the forest were so thick I had to make an accurate decision about which way to push towards to get to Emerald Point. Across from Emerald Point is Eagle Point the water in the channel is so low between the two peninsulas that one of the steamboats ended up getting stuck a few weeks prior to our hike here.

When Tammy and I came on out onto the peninsula it was a good feeling we could look southward and see the entire bay. Far off in the distance we could also see Vikingsholm Castle which we also hiked to from Eagle falls a few years prior to our other hikes in this region. The mountains surrounding Emerald Bay are amazing you sort of feel small because generally your higher up above the bay hiking those peaks but this time we were at the bottom of the Tahoe Basin staring up at the massive mountains of the sierras.

I went out on the rocks right beside the narrow channel a steam boat passed by waved at everyone. Then went over to some rocks and brush where we had a nice picnic. I felt bad for Tammy because at the time she was carrying a suit case backpack I thought hey that thing is good for like traversing Europe ehhhh not so great for the sierras lol.

On our way back in the woods I seen what could have been some old toe impressions our hike returning back was much easier. This time we would not be ascending to the lighthouse but when the trail splits we would descend right onto the same area we parked at which has a bunch of history plaques and such.The hike back is a bit rough considering its an ascension almost the entire way.

I used this expedition to do survival and safety videos for our viewers afterall the path is very thin and it can be dangerous if your not aware all the time where your hiking. There are cliffs and in some cases erosion along the edges of the path. Just as if you want to leave the trail the brush will tear you up. Although we never finished the hike out to the castle we had now covered two regions which was the north and south ends of Emerald Bay.

Tammy and I had gotten back into the vehicle where we would have time to take a trail on up to this very unique site. They call this site the Balancing Rock which is two rocks being barely held up by a couple smaller interconnecting pieces. The sign did say eventually the large boulder on top would topple this is due to the elements I stood under it but in no way shape or form would I want to be under this thing when it goes. Not to far away was also a Washoe reconstructed teepee. This teepee though was secure inside with twine and it was much different then how the Miwok tribe built them. I never even knew the Washoe built these type of shelters so being a history buff it was a very fascinating find to study and go inside of.

Our day was coming to an end actually things were not looking so great during our hike a massive storm system came through so by the time we reached the balancing rock the skies were gray and we felt some precipitation. I did not think much of it till we rolled into South Lake Tahoe and it was coming down so hard my wipers could not keep up with the storm. There was snow on the ground and even 12" piles of hail/sleet covering parts of the road and sidewalks. We had gotten hit hard and well nothing is more fun then hitting up the Brewery to wait the storm out which we did.

Tammy and I ordered a couple brews from "The Brewery" and some BBQ chicken wings. I will say this they are far to pricey and the food is just not that great. Half of my chicken wings were broke in half or missing while the beer was okay for a large glass tipped the scales considering I can go to other breweries and get pitches for the same price. So eating, drinking and partaking in Tahoe activities is very expensive we do them but that does not mean it does not cost us. All in all it was a fine day I had gotten some really beautiful photography on the west shore of Tahoe, exciting videos and allot of nature photography. Maybe this area of Tahoe is not as primitive or as paranormal but it still exist along the borders of some of the strangest happenings in the country so just being a part of it for me was a great experience.
Peace,
Lord Rick
PGS Founder

Profile E-mail