The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Expedition Into The Carson Hills January 20th 2014
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

Our Expedition Into The Carson Hills January 20th 2014

The Carson hills are actually the foothills of the Sierra Mountains the same ones may have been traversed by Kit Carson who once came to this area to explore the region. Today the hills are used for those who enjoy off roading, clay shootings and hiking. Although it is a high desert its a very scenic one if you go deep enough into them you hit lakes, trees, unusual rock formations and even beautiful green ranch land. 
My interest of these hills has grown since a few months ago I went out on them after seeing a UFO land on a hill and found this massive circular impression in the ground. But ill talk about more of that in our Sierra Triangle update coming out soon and share that case file with the public. This trip however was more directed at exploring the vast high desert hills which were home to ancient natives for nearly 10,000 years.

The land is public with many roads that can be traversed the difference is we would cycle through the hills just looking to explore. Nothing to complicated just my son Jarrod and I riding off into the sunset. I like when you can just grab your gear put it on your back and just cycle into the unknown. So as pretty of a scenic trip it was we also really learned allot about the region and perhaps why so many UFOs are seen here.

We have a Washoe friend or ours from the tribe that also told us to visit the cemetery as long as we showed it respect. Its not easy to find unless someone tells you where it is or you just stumble across it. Jarrod and I would ride out to visit the cemetery first which takes up on this beautiful scenic dirt road then a little hike to get to it. I had nor do I have plans on ghost hunting it just stating that very clearly to the tribe because I am trying to compromise since I am more into the historical aspect of these sites then its ghostly origins.

My first stop would be at the cemetery which had a fenced in area with family names. It also had headstones and footstones for almost every grave within that area. I never seen footstones in my life at any cemetery so it was intriguing besides the fact that the natives used native rock to the area to create them.

When I started searching the hillside and found that there was many lonesome graves including a veteran where the flag was torn to shreds. I did not go to the cemetery to ghost hunt I went to do a historical project with my son. I just want to clarify it because for some really some of them really are misunderstanding the work that we do. I would say in total there is probably 25 visible grave sites while many of them are unmarked. Maybe not purposely unmarked but rather fell victims to vandals and those desecrating this place its quite sad really. So I can understand the frustration from anybody who has had to deal with that I see this in all sorts of cemeteries nationwide not just here. So part of this project is designed to help deter people from doing it that is why we took it on.

What I found out at the cemetery was a disgrace one of the grave sites was covered in buck shot, glass was everywhere, broken stones, artificial flowers scattered everywhere, broken white picket fencing and most of the graves were overgrown by sage brush. It was not well maintained my son and I actually fixed a few grave sites. I do not care what them tribal members think I probably will be one of the only white men who cares more then anyone to preserve these sites or I would not be there. So we did do a documentary of the condition of the cemetery and we feel that we can put a stop to those that are mistreating it. You can tell the graves have been shot at by those going in to target practice.

Jarrod and I would not spend long here we were actually in the hills not for the cemetery but to go to a couple locations we had UFO sightings at. We hiked to the top of this peak climbing all these rocks which gave us this wonderful view of this desert basin. We even found these odd rock spires I told my son hey look it is Stonehenge haha. It kind of looked like a henge the way they were shaped. Along the rock climbing we found plenty of animal bones particularly of hares and other small game.

Mainly in the hills are coyotes, rabbits,birds, bats and occasional black bear will come on down as well. But the nature is not that abundant. Jarrod and I actually ditched our bikes almost hiked down to the river nearby. We did not find evidence of E.T. or UFO's but then again most of the UFOs sighted in the hills do not appear to touch down but they have been over these hills time to time which is why its important to hike in it to see if we can find any strange circles in the desert or overexposure of the sagebrush.

We went deep out in the desert where I found a fairly large bone it was very heavy but also extremely old may have been there for over a 100 years. I took a photo of it like I was a cave man then we sat it back down in its place. Tammy is an Anthropologist she believes it is more deer like then human but no less it was a bone and you will see those kind of things in any wilderness you hike on in. We also found an area where there was a dumping ground full of old appliances, glass and tires. I really hate when people just dump their trash like that in such a gorgeous place.

The sun was starting to go down behind the sierras so our time was up we had to cross this massive wash I remember a few years ago taking my truck up through here not this time though road was in bad shape. I took a bunch of EVP's out in the desert because those hills are ancient back 10k plus years ago the natives hunted and fished in these hills so maybe ill pick up something hard to say.

I did revisit the cemetery a second time to photograph all the graves and make a more in depth video. There was a small wooden plaque at the fenced in part that said freedom sleep well. With a flag and a native American homemade diamond shaped possibly dream catcher if I had to say.

There was a cross made out of stones and not to far away a wood cross. Their was a small wood cross in the brush and one of the ceramic dogs had half of its head broken off. Their were quite a few wood epitaph markers and we even found more flags where veterans served our country via WWII. It was a quiet and sad place you can tell not to many visitors ever come here.

All of sudden we hear multiple large shots every couple minutes getting closer. Then these kids younger teens come around the corner and were hading to the cemetery. I gave them a pretty stern look because they were just shooting their gun off everywhere and anywhere they went running. I have a feeling that those were the kids shooting at the cemetery just because they started sneaking in the sage brush up the hill then ran into me. Once they seen me they left and they stopped firing their gun. So I felt like I may have stopped them from further vandalism it was just a right time and place thing.

After we took some drinks of gatorade Jarrod and I road out of the hills. It was a beautiful ride the sunsets in the west are beautiful with beautiful pink skies and puffy colorful clouds. By the time I made it home it was in time to watch the season finale of Sleepy Howl. We did not find any UFOs or anything strange but when one sees this on our site they will understand that before you can enter the high sierras you have to traverse the foothills before them.

I was not sure if I would be able to do this trip considering the day before I had a bad calve cramp so I was not 100 percent but Jarrod was a big help in me getting this done. So now you guys get to see what the high desert is like prior to it meeting up with the beautiful alpine forest of California.
Peace,
Lord Rick
PGS Founder

Profile E-mail