The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: **NEW** Updates On Our Site "Old Stewart Indian School"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

**NEW** Updates On Our Site "Old Stewart Indian School" Stone Temples!

The Old Stewart Indian School encompasses over 240 acres and 80 stone masonry buildings. Thus it is one of the largest and most elaborate boarding schools in the western continental United States. It carries a very sad history as during epidemics many of the students would pass away in the infirmary and were buried near the grounds. I can only imagine how hard it was to ship your kid off and wonder if they would make it back home.

This is a very special update for me I spent a great deal of time on it to make it what it is. I wanted to do a story on this place because it sort of is forgotten unless you are a state trooper or work for the state. The buildings made of native stone were all quarried along the Carson River mostly made by young native American mason apprentices.

The students they ate, slept, bathed, studied, played sports and worked at all the campuses various work shops. From 1890 to about 1980 the doors remained open at one time having over 400 students of many different tribes found here in the west.

Today nature is consuming the site like the football field and baseball diamond but to walk the grounds was an experience. It is one that will make a few times before completely closing out our case. This is only the beginning but I want to add eventually more to this project it is a very large place but a fine piece of history.

At one time the railroad stopped here the campus was more like a small town that sustained itself. The natives were forced to assimilate thus they were taught English then handed down trades they could use once they graduated. So skills like agriculture, auto mechanics, sewing, cooking etc were all taught here.

We also captured an EVP it sounds spoken in another language so it just proves my point that perhaps the students of the past haunt the grounds. Not only that but there are two cemeteries on each side of the campus all connected to the history of the school. The teachers and staff lived on site they were also buried nearby. This is a big update its packed with goodies because I care allot about this school if you ever wanted to have a feel for what the wild west is about this update will give you an idea.

You can check out the update at www.paranormalghostsociety.org/OldStewa ... School.htm or if you want to check out the epilogue you can go into our main page www.paranormalghostsociety.org and delve into the investigation archives in:

Gateway 4/Portal 24

Old Stewart Indian School Prologue Page
Old Stewart Indian School Team Gallery
Old Stewart Indian School Tower Gallery
Old Stewart Indian School Scenic Gallery
Old Stewart Indian School Historic Photos Gallery
Old Stewart Indian School Night Gallery Coming In The Future
Old Stewart Indian School B&W Gallery
Old Stewart Indian School Administration Buildings
Old Stewart Indian School Classrooms
Old Stewart Indian School Dorms
Old Stewart Indian School Gyms, Workshops and Other Facilities
Old Stewart Indian School Remnants Of The Past
Old Stewart Indian School Staff
Old Stewart Indian School EVP's
Old Stewart Indian School Wungnema House Cemetery
Old Stewart Indian School Dat-So-La-Lee Cemetery
Old Stewart Indian School Videos
Old Stewart Indian School Investigation 1 Field Report
Old Stewart Indian School Investigation 2 Coming Soon
Old Stewart Indian School Investigation 3 Coming Soon

We invite you to read the history and check out the wealth of information we added to our site. This is a site that deserves more attention then what it is getting. The stone masonry work is gorgeous especially the gym and auditorium. The large trees you see on the grounds were planted and the scenic views are very picturesque so its meant to be shared with our members and public.

Anyhow, with that update finished the next one will be from our investigation of St. Mary's Louise Hospital. Its a pretty awesome place. In December I focused allot on western history we try to bring these places to light it is our way of giving back plus sharing a little of the strange at the same time.

I also wanted to apologize for our website being down yesterday. Honestly I thought I had to make my payment today but in fact it was due yesterday so we were shut down over night. Generally our site is up 24 hours a day even with heavy traffic we can handle the volumes but sometimes things happen.
Peace,
Lord Rick
PGS Founder

Profile E-mail