The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Investigation At "Kongsberg" & "Wolf Creek" 8/20/11
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Despite the fact that I was not feeling up to par I really wanted to get back out into the Mountains and do more Bigfoot field research. As some of you know winter arrives early in these parts sometimes as early as October then all the passes, trails etc remain closed for many months.

This journey would take us back to a location I found tracks at called Kongsberg and Wolf Creek which is also a very unique region.

Tammy and I would go to the store bulk up on supplies then we got lunch and headed on off to the mountains. I like this part of the sierras due to the fact that 96% of the area is uninhabited and public land. You can camp just about anywhere in this region or hike anywhere which makes it a great place to look for Bigfoot as well.

I have spent most of my summer in this region its a fascinating place similar to the Alps as some regions are still snow covered in the middle of summer.

I also hike around here looking for the best camping spots so that when other explorers and paranormal groups come into town we can camp together. The first year in the sierras has really been nothing but stellar and I have found so much just offroading around exploring.

Tammy, Jarrod and myself would leave in about mid afternoon as I wanted to hike out of the region at night in hopes of getting a glimpse of Bigfoot. That is my main goal to enjoy a sighting of the creature but we also go to collect tracks and hair samples.

Kongsberg
"Investigation Two"

On the way up to Kongsburg their is an old mansion and also family cemetery. I remembered stopping at each of them during my first trip. This time around however I drove slowly past them showing them to my kid.

Its hard to believe at one time there were 3000 residents living in this area of the forest and now only a few remnants remain.

When we arrived at Kongsberg it took us no time to cross over the creek and make an attempt to hike up on Silver Mtn.

I returned here because I had found two months ago some odd tracks here. Silver Creek runs right through the ghost town site. This time I would cross the creek since the waters were much slower and would make an attempt to visit a region very few ever hike around in.

There was also a cave I found which thanks to our hard work we found out that it was just an outcrop. I was a bit disappointed as I thought this may have been a Bigfoot den based on its size. But sometimes outcrops and the sun hitting them at a certain angle can make it look like a massive cave entrance when in fact its just a few feet in height and length.

The rocks in the creek were very slippery it wasn't easy to cross not without falling in the water. My son and I made it across first then eventually Tammy made it through after her foot was stuck under a rock.

I was pretty banged up from my injuries on the Flume Trail however it was more exciting to have my feet planted in the ground this way I knew I wouldn't fly over any handle bars lol.

We hiked up a wash then followed a small overgrown dirt trail along the bottom of the mountain. We would eventually set our sites on this steep hill with allot of loose volcanic rock.

Many of the mountains in the sierras are composed of volcanic caps and rock. You could see the top of the mountain had bright yellow and orange along with black shiny volcanic rock embedded in the peak. We would not hike to any of the extreme peaks but we would hike to one of the smaller ones which overlooks the entire ghost town from above.

Jarrod and I climbed to the top where I took some scenic photos Tammy however vanished. I guess she did not hear me when I told her to meet me at one of the washes at the bottom of the mountain. Then Jarrod and I spotted a figure which looked like Tammy hiking along the creek it turns out it wasn't her my son called it a black shadow who knows what it is we saw.

But from hundreds of feet up things tend to look like ants from that elevation however I could see my truck and many other landmarks.

I fell three times once I slid off some volcanic rock it cut my right arm up pretty good and legs. Out of all of us my son was the best rock climber. He actually never fell once only once did I have to reach out and help him up. The other times however he was hiking very strong.

Tammy and I were on the same mountain only she was on one side while we were on the other. I walked through the woods and came on out to this hillside that overlooked Kongsberg. This is where I found a massive Bigfoot print about 6 inches deep, 8 to 9 inches wide and 16 inches almost in length.

After I found the print we decided to head down use the radio to contact Tammy and see what she found. Jarrod and I had no set hiking path. We would climb down a wash all the way to thick thistle bushes to overgrown woods. It felt pretty good to emerge off the mountain to the same area we crossed the creek right near my truck.

We would not leave Tammy behind so eventually we got her on the radio where she told me she had a real close call with a rattle snake and fell off at the edge of a cliff into some brush which saved her from going over. I been down that road a few times and I understand how scary it can be especially if its your first time that this happens to you. However I have learned some new tricks over the years to going around drop offs and so this is why we made it so quick back down the mountain.

Tammy was telling me about how she climbed on all fours to get to the top of the peak and I looked at her photos it appears she went much higher then even I did lol. Nice view but the terrain around Kongsberg is treacherous. The entire mountain is covered in heavy foliage and thorn bushes. Trust me when you go down you have to grab trees and brush. The problem is knowing what bushes to grab and what bushes can prick you.

Jarrod and I followed the creek where we crossed a giant beavers dam. He crossed it then I followed where we met Tammy as she came down one of the washes. We actually instead of crossing the creek just crossed the dam back to the truck. Of course as clumsy as I am my leg fell through the dam and I did a complete split. I was all worried that some beaver was going to bite my foot as it dangled right straight down. I was starting to slip and soon id be in the dam not on it lol.

I did eventually pull my leg up and we made it back to the car it was a really hard earned adventure. We discovered that the cave we found was just an outcrop and I found a track in a very remote part of Silver Mtn in an area that drops off near a wash then a cliff. So we know that its very unlikely that a man with a giant foot created the impression.

I have found that when I go off into the sierras and never follow any of the trails I find some of the best Bigfoot evidence. However consider this a huge win for our group as we are two for two on finding tracks in this region.

The terrain is nearly impossible to maneuver through which goes way up into many canyons, cliffs and higher mountain peaks. I have no doubt in my mind that Sasquatch comes down off this mountain and right to the creek bed where we hiked at. As of now I found tracks at the creek bed and on the mountain behind the creek bed.

There is a few mines in the area Id like to find those may take some hard work as they are in very hard to get areas or down old mining roads. I may have found two of the mines which more then likely ill hike back to in the near future to see if perhaps Bigfoot is living in the mines or if there is any tracks surrounding them.

Our adventure was far from done our next destination we would visit would be brief but very well worthwhile as we conquer Wolf Creek.

Wolf Creek

To get to this location you have to take a rugged dirt road through the mountains. Some of the road is only a single lane while other parts of it pass by giant rock formations and a canyon where the creek meanders through.

Over a month ago I took this same dirt road but turned around and decided to come back here when I had more time. Id actually like to camp down by the creek or in the valley where this road ends.

We continued down the road where it took us to some overlooks of the giant canyon surrounded by the high sierras. The road would eventually come around the mountain and descend right down to a patch of woods where the creek flows through.

There was other campers in the area including a bunch of old abandoned cabins and even an old abandoned house that overlooked a giant meadow.

We would follow this meadow along the dirt road to a second wooded area where we would park and hike on in to take a better look.

I could not believe the seclusion at Wolf Creek there are no highways anywhere nearby or even roads. There is a giant canyon the creek flows through with lush meadows and woods on both sides for miles.

The sun was going down fairly quick so I would only be able to explore for a little while and come back at a later time. I discovered two trails one of them is a 10 mile hike while the other one follows the creek from high above.

Tammy and I kept hiking through the woods with Jarrod as we followed Wolf Creek. At times the creek would split up into 5 different canals through the tall grass and meadow.

We came on out into a meadow where we stood near a tree as parts of this meadow were still very soaked from the creek waters. We took a break under the tree as there were only a few bare creepy trees in this giant meadow that was so overgrown that at times we couldn't see where the creek ran only it could be heard.

The hike was fun we must had hopped over parts of Wolf Creek multiple times at times however it didn't stop us from getting our shoes wet. There is allot of mud along the creek and allot of different beds to be searched which makes it in my opinion a good Bigfoot tracking area.

I enjoyed how parts of the hike were woods while other parts were just open meadows with a few giant trees casting shadows as the sun went behind the mountains. I took some pretty nice photos of the twisted mangled trees overshadowing the night sky .

I seen a sign that also said there was a road that takes you to the Carson River Fork probably where Wolf Creek splits off of from. I did not take that road but next time I go out ill check it out and see what is down there. I find that some of the more secluded creeks in the area reveal some pretty good tracks time to time.

Anyhow going back to the hike....by the time we reached the meadow you could hear off in the distance the river intensifying and it does as it meanders right into a canyon. I have not had a good chance to see the entire area as its very large and from what I know Wolf Creek runs for miles. There are some remote parts of the creek that can only be accessed with hiking as there is no way to get a vehicle to some of the regions that are found up along Wolf Creek.

Not to far away is an old mine road hard to believe mining was done in such a secluded location. I will sometime take the mine road to see if I can find any evidence of the strange back in here. At one time if mining was done back here it meant there had to be a mining camp or small ghost town. I believe that all the wood structures including the old white house I found may have once served miners up in this region.

When dark rolled in we decided to hike through the tall meadow grass back into the woods and get back to the truck. This would be quite a feat it gets very dark out here to a point that even with a light visibility is low as we had to hop over different run offs created by the creek. Even though at times the creek gets 30 feet across there are other times it only is a couple feet wide and those were areas we crossed while hiking.

There is a real eerie feeling out in these woods not saying its bad but its gloomy back by Wolf Creek. You can feel that something is in the air here. I spent sometime following the various canals through the meadows and woods where I discovered a massive track in the mud. I am not sure it was bigfoot but its a huge track so its a possibility that it is.

I did not find any other tracks but I will return here very soon to hike around further along the various creek beds found in the area. There is also a mine in the area which might be worth looking into eventually. Its a very large area and very well hidden as it sits deep in the sierras.

Jarrod and I found an old bridge we hiked across meanwhile Tammy instead was jumping over the canals so by the time we made it back to our vehicle we all had muddy feet the joys of Bigfoot searching.

We drove out of hear pretty exhausted couldn't wait just to get home and relax. Our feet were wet and we definitely put in a good days worth of hiking. On top of that my wrist were in allot of pain and I had at least 50 cuts on my body so it was time to heal some wounds.

The ride back was a bit eerie as we drove through this narrow canyon high above Wolf Creek leaving the open meadows. By the way at Wolf Creek cattle roam free here in the meadows. So if Bigfoot were to reside up in this canyon he definitely wouldn't starve.

I look forward to my return here it appears there is allot more to see and discover. I still have to visit the mine, trail heads, narrow canyon and some of the creek beds. Next time I visit here ill check out the abandoned house and other cabin sites. It almost looks like a little ghost towns is found at the bottom of Wolf Creek maybe miners at one time took residency and made this place there mining camp.

I captured some pretty good night photos after sunset in the canyon they almost look like they should be a part of a horror movie. Its a pretty eerie place one that nobody would ever hear you scream unless they were camping here.

One thing I noticed here is there was not one single mosquito yet anywhere else I hiked around at in the evening I was eaten alive. I am curious as to why this is afterall there is allot of still water found in the canyon where Wolf Creek resides.

The track I found was pretty odd also there are areas along the creek that it gets very muddy especially where Wolf Creek splits off into multiple canals. I do believe that we should do well in finding more strange things around here as we camp and hike around more. This definitely is a very interesting location with a lot to see as it resides in the heart of the Iceberg Wilderness which is known for its Bigfoot sightings.

After a week mountain biking and hiking in the sierras it is time to rest because very soon we will be a part of a while new adventure! We will return for an even more extreme adventure at Wolf Creek soon and find out if Bigfoot roams this hidden jewel or if something even more strange surrounds this vast wilderness.

Peace,
Lord Rick
Founder
Author, Producer and Talk Show Host
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

Profile E-mail