The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Extreme Mtn. Biking Bigfoot Investigation On The Flume..
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

The wonderful thing about looking for Sasquatch is that you are able to enjoy the outdoors and look for this cryptid all at the very same time you spend time with your family. Prior to my children visiting there moms for the summer I had promised to take them on the Flume Trail which is one of the best mountain biking trails on the west coast. With views of the high sierras, various lakes such as Lake Tahoe and flowery meadows you really cannot go wrong.

I wanted to also make up for last weekend as I was in Las Vegas trying to get my kids. They were really excited to come back home how can someone not be this is a gorgeous area. Its an area full of lore, beauty and vastness.

I would have written this sooner but I was in an accident and was pretty banged up. I am still in allot of pain but these reports are very important.

Not to mention the fact that the last two weeks I have spent focusing on my kids. They had a horrific summer one filled with abuse by a group of sick adults who have so much hatred towards me they take it out onto my children. I just wanted to get that off my chest because my kids are my best friends but they also deserve allot of credit as they help me with allot of projects in the Sierras and this adventure would never be forgotten as we decided to take our journey to the Flume Trail.

The boys and I packed our backpacks....their bike helmets....put air in all the tires and made sure we had all our supplies then we headed on off to Lake Tahoe. They were about as excited as I was afterall this would truly be my first exploration on a mountain bike in the sierras. With great views and the possibility that Bigfoot hides in this dense forest we definitely would be in for a day like no other.

When we arrived I talked to a ranger for a big I may consider myself becoming a ranger its hard to say as my plate is already full operating PGS and my other businesses. Besides making sure I spend time daily with my kids. Although one of them is skeptical of Bigfoot the other takes an interest in helping me measure tracks and collect evidence so it was going to be an interesting day.

Flume Trail
(Spooner, Martlette and Tahoe Lakes)

We set off on our bikes along Spooner Lake an area I have hiked at a few times and fished. The trail does not take anytime to start becoming hilly. We road downhill for awhile where the trail leveled off for awhile passing various meadows through the Humboldt national forest.

The ride was very pleasant there was only a few other mountain bikers on the trail I have to give credit to them they are so much stronger of bikers then ill ever be. However no matter how fast or slow it took us we continued to make our way up to Lake Martlette which is about a 4 mile bike ride all the way up the mountain its very challenging.

The boys and I breaked every so often my son brought his Mongoose it has no gears so he had to peddle twice as hard to make his way up the trail.

We came across a historic place called Spencer's Cabin its more of a rest stop. You can go inside the cabin enjoy lunch at one of the tables. I spent sometime here trying to collect EVP's and the boys had fun exploring the cabin.

We set off through a place called North Canyon I ran into a few other bikers talked to at least 30 people during my bike ride. The folks up here are very friendly some of them bike this a few days a week. Its great exercise but I also feel that its a great area to search for Bigfoot.

The boys and I rolled our bikes past meadows....ancient forest....canyons with giant cliffs. As we made our way up into the canyon we found an area that had a hiking trail. We put our bikes off to the side and hiked to this hidden cabin which overlooked Lake Tahoe below it was amazing. There appeared to be some ass clowns in the cabin trying to scare me off I was thinking to myself go ahead piss me off as it is I was disgruntled about what my children went through this summer. I guess some folks think they own the forest too nonetheless I stood my ground took my photos then we took to our bikes heading north.

I remember during one of our breaks we saw a very large tree limb snapped in half it was fresh and where it was broke was around my height. We took a break here as I studied the limb for hair samples that is when nearby I found a fairly deep massive track with no shoe print which makes me believe that its possible Bigfoot may have caused both.

Not to far from this area is another intersection in the trail which leads to a very secluded location called Snow Valley so it made sense. Although the Flume Trail takes you all the way along Tahoe there are other trails that branch off of it leading to different wilderness destinations. Which also meant secluded places possibly where something cryptid could possibly hide.

The boys and I biked all the way to Lake Martlette where we found a cool series of rock formations we climbed. There was also some satellite station hidden in the woods and some old shed we found near the lake. Not to far from this area I captured a UFO over the lake trust me its the real deal its more then I ever expected to capture but when you work hard outdoors its going to produce good results and it did.

Not to far from this area we found a group of large craw fish we tried so hard to catch them as I wanted to steam them with some butter YUM but instead my son got pinched on the big toe lol. Not to far from this area we found the remnants of an old homestead actually all that is left is the chimney which sits out on a peninsula overlooking lake Martlette. We were in seclusion and the only way to reach this lake was either on foot or mountain bike.

The kids and I were at cross roads deciding on which path we should take to finish off our exploration for the day. We decided to take the path to the left which slowly goes all the way down around the lake then follows the west end of Lake Martlette.

This is a really scenic lake as it sits high up in the sierras and it was crystal clear blue. It was becoming evening so their were hardly any more bikers on the trail. When we reached one of the lakes inlets the trail ended here that is when all of us road our bikes right through the lake where the trail picked on up again.

I think this was my favorite part of the trail is to bike on an underwater bike trail it certainly cooled all of us off. Once we reached land after our legs were soaked and our bikes were dripping with cool water we road across an old dam.

We found a shady area with trees and lots of rock formations where we drank yoohoos and ate subs. It was a really nice journey I was upset I forgot my lighter as I brought a Havana Honey Cigar couldn't even smoke the thing lol.

There was a creek coming off of the lake with a waterfall the boys and I played in the water for awhile. The water was still very cool my son went for a little swim while I ate oranges.....fruit snacks.....cupcakes and beef jerky.

Before we headed on off my shoes were drying you see my bike and dry shoes fell accidentally into the creek so we ended up going hiking for awhile. Of course what was exhilarating about the hike is I did it all barefoot.

We climbed these giant rock formations and eventually found a log that overlooked all of Lake Tahoe and miles of alpine national forest. It was a pretty view and the boys enjoyed climbing the boulders to get to the top.

These sort of views you cannot get anywhere else in the world they are truly one of a kind and meant to be shared with other special people. In this case my kids and I got to experience this area to the fullest extent.

On the way back we crossed the creek and played near the waterfalls. My son ran out of the creek real fast when a giant fish snuck up on him and went past his foot haha. It was definitely memorable lets put it that way.

When we arrived back at camp we packed everything up as the sun was starting to go down. We all road through the lake I did it a couple times only because it was to much fun to peddle through the water. If we had more time id took the Flume Trail westward as it takes you right down to Tahoe but unfortunately the shuttle stops at 5pm so we just went back the same way we came.

We would have to be careful riding back to our car as the ride downhill is very steep, lots of rocks and sand. It isn't hard to go 50mph down hill nor wipe out of course it did end up happening to me.

When the lake started to fade behind us we took some scenic photos of us hanging around an old giant tree stump. After this we would only have to go a few hundred feet to get ourselves out of the valley then the entire ride would be downhill for miles.

My oldest took on off ahead of us while I stayed in the middle and my youngest took the ride the slowest. I do not blame him the ride downhill is pretty extreme mountain biking which requires allot of stability and a good eye.

I hooked up a bike cam going down hill I wanted to record the ride down hill. I had to improvise because my camera tripod was not gripping the bars on the bike so I took my sons bike lock attaching the video camera to the front.

Little did I know that when I hit a bump the camera was jolted sideways so in one of my clips you see the trees going by super fast then all of sudden the camera blacks out. I hit a rock which was embedded into the trail so hard that it physically threw me 25' over my handle bars. I remember being airborne then seconds later the side of head hit the ground then I rolled down hill. I was going about 45 mph when the accident occurred talk about shear power you are helpless at that speed.

I was stunned and dizzy from the impact I remember looking up seeing my sun glasses laying on the ground and my bandana 6 feet away from me. My bike was laying in the opposite direction as the tire was slowly turning. My backpack fell off onto the trail and when I stood up both my wrist were pulsating in pain.

I had thought I broke my left wrist I couldn't move my fingers and the pain was so intense. My son came up on me and was calling me dad....dad....dad are you okay. When I stood up I had dirt all over me and well of course rather then tend to my wounds I shut the camera off on my bike pull it off and video tape the distance I flew from where I hit the rock to where I landed it was about 25'.

I was lucky because I didn't suffer a bruise or bump on my head despite how hard my head hit the ground.You see when I flew over the handle bars my hands I put out in front of me to lessen the impact but at the same time my head hit the ground. I didn't have a helmet on I really cannot stand the things but my kids had there's on so I told them see kids this is why we wear helmets so really the kids learned the importance of bicycle safety meanwhile I remained the crash test dummy lol.

It took me a bit to come to my hands and wrist hurt so bad that I had to take it super slow off the mountain. I was only able to use one of my brakes a little here and there. I actually hooked up my bike cam this time I perfected it and was able to film some of my ride down the mountain which ill eventually put on youtube so others can sit right on in bicycle sea right from there very homes its pretty cool.

I wish the camera had not tilted sideways during my accident id love to have seen a video of me airborne so I could study it to see how this all went down but I do have the audio from the accident. Its odd because the camera blacks out from the hard impact then you hear seconds later me get up telling my son ouch I think I just broke my arm.

I am lucky to have came out of all this with a coupe hyper extensions and a few abrasions. Eventually I would meet my other son at Spencers Cabin where I took my medication.....ate and drank trying to regain my strength. I called Tammy to let her know I was hurting and that id be home soon.

I did not let this interfere we eventually would all bike off the mountains and it was a great site to see the truck. I was having allot of issues loading the bikes it took almost a half hour my son had to do most of the lifting and work. As my wrist and hands were shot so I knew at this point I wasn't good for to much.

My son had mentioned to me while falling behind on the bike ride that he wiped out on some soft sand near some bushes. He told me that when he was getting up brushing himself off he seen a very tall broad creature standing on two legs watching him with curiosity. He said the creature had a scrunched up wrinkly face that looked like a man except that it was all covered in a long brown fur. He said that it stood near some trees as if it were peaking around watching him then when another biker went past him it scared it and it ran off. I believe my son had one of his first encounters with a Squatch maybe I am wrong but the area he seen this at was not to far from the print and broken limb I found.

Our ride home was very quiet we just biked 12 miles in the wilderness we were tired and couldn't wait to come home eat some dinner. When I came off the mountain we looked in horror as there was a massive brush fire on the mountain range behind my house. The skies were red.....you could see a smoke flume in the darkness and flickers of fire all along the ridge.

I parked to take photos and video that fire would burn for almost a week filling the skies around my home with smoke blocking out the sun. We were lucky that it didn't travel down into the valley where I lived but still its a pretty scary scenario to be outdoors hiking all day then to come home and see a fire burning on a mountain near your residential community.

It was quite the day that involved a UFO, Bigfoot, Fire and an accident. But I would not have missed any of this for the world. It was an adventure my kids would always remember as they returned home in the summer of 2011.

Not only that but we went on one of the top mountain biking trails in the United States and seen some of the most secluded areas surrounding Lake Tahoe. I would love to see more out in this region maybe do a Mtn Biking camping trip out this way sometime.

There isn't allot of wildlife out here we seen a few chipmunks and a stellar Jay but no deer or bear out here. Maybe Sasquatch has chased all of it off who knows but its a vast area and we documented our finds along with the entire trip you will not be disappointed with it once its up on our site. A week later I still am not healed I have a feeling it will be awhile till my wrist are fully healed but nonetheless it is a miracle that all I suffered was a couple sprains it will be a trip ill never forget. Its not to often you hear about a cryptozoologist riding his bike to go search for Bigfoot but in the summer of 2011 we did it!

Peace,
Lord Rick
Founder
Author, Producer and Talk Show Host
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

Profile E-mail