The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Last Night's Eerie Paranormal/Urbex Investigation Report ...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Sometimes after spending weeks search for Bigfoot you just need to get out do a little old fashioned paranormal exploring. This was out first ghostly investigation since our robbery not only that but in awhile so we knew it would be a great night whether we captured something or not.

We were very proud to have Catherine on board for our team last week ago she could not make the Bigfoot adventure. We want to welcome her as an investigator to the team I know she will do well with this much better then the members we had come out a week ago. I give praise where praise is due if you try hard then in my book your okay.

However, I did not hear from the other team members so as of tonight they are fired I am saying that in case this ever gets turned around. If you read last weeks Bigfoot adventure up at Mount Raymond you will understand believe me. Being on a team is a commitment and I feel that was disrespectful but I will not make anyone be a part of it they have to want to do it.

We loaded up the gear and I picked Catherine up met someone else as well who lived in Rochester NY. Its a small world being that I grew up in Buffalo. I remember my Rochester days of exploring going into the old subway tunnels as bums approached me and rats were the size of cats. Those were the days!!

Anyhow our investigation was really getting fun prior to the trip we indulged in some grass then I went to the atm only to spend 20 mins dealing with a machine that has a disguised envelope slot apparently. What I also learned according to Tammy and Catherine is that I apparently am not good at finding the hole. I tried putting that deposit in the wrong hole envelope hole. The right hole was almost down to the ground so here I am hanging the phuck out of my truck trying to get the show on the road lol. I know I am an old fashioned guy machines and me are not always the best of friends. My friends call me and I hardly ever use my cell phone lol. But you can find me someday's on PS3 or Xbox haha.

We were in for a big night which includes Wadsworth NV Fraternity Cemetery, Wadsworth Memorial Cemetery, Wadsworth Historic School "Exploration 2" and Dayton's Rock Point Mill. We were in for the long haul but we were all excited about going out into the night and just having a great adventure.

I felt these were some exciting locations unfortunately the downside was that the wind was intense whipping all night long which made it hard to hear anything ghostly let alone do any recordings. Being the locations we visited were high desert allot of dust was blowing around at our first two locations and so our adventure would began here.

Wadsworth Fraternal Cemetery

This is a very poverty stricken area its kind of sad there are no jobs up in this area. Maybe what we do will help bring some business to the area who knows maybe not. But Wadsworth has a very old cemetery in town and some other intriguing sites which makes this town a really cool place.

We would spend most of our night right on the Truckee River just as the bank was just across the road from the cemetery.

We walked down a dirt road and entered the cemetery though an elaborate entrance frame made all out of wrought iron. The graveyard dated back to the 1800's most of the members if not all here are of native American descent from the pyramid lake region.

The upkeeping here was much different then the cemetery across from the road. You could tell that this cemetery was much older. Most of the markers were made of wood they had this one section of nothing but these type of wood markers. Some of the grave sites here didn't seem as much vandalized as a victim of the elements. For example most wood markers you couldn't read while others were just weathered. Then some were split in half or had dry rot. Remember Wadsworth is poverty stricken so many of the grave sites are just a simple marker.

Their were a few marble and granite gravestones and the cemetery was very dusty. Their wasn't many trees or grass here and every star above us was visible. The moon came out Tammy captured a killer photograph of it.

We split up for about 15 minutes in all different directions that is when someone pulled up to the cemetery turned around then exited the area. You would not believe how often this happens in a cemetery where people will turn around in front of them or inside.It happens everytime I almost go to a cemetery unless I am in the middle of nowhere but on a weekend night in Wadsworth means folks are going to be out and they were till the town died down to almost a gloomy eeriness with only the sound of dogs barking off in the distance.

We found this once fenced off plot it was much older then the rest meanwhile towards the back an overgrown area with cracked statues of the Virgin Mary peaking out of the tall grass. Some wood markers had a copper cross stuck in the ground in front of it while some crosses were made of limestone crumbling apart.

It was not a very wealthy cemetery most of the flowers were withered or laying far away from the grave. The biggest threat to this burial ground is elements such as snow storms, rain, high winds from the sierras etc allot of the plots are falling apart and its truly in peril.

I did not get any activity here either we did take readings and evp sessions. But between the wind and issues with the equipment I had to suck it up as just a pretty cool older cemetery under an upper desert night sky.

I didn't enjoy so much walking around here I had to pull a ton of burrs out of my socks. The brush within the cemetery is harsh and dead. Therefore it gets stuck in your clothing and became a pain in my ass lol.

Our next investigation would be down the road to Wadsworth Memorial Cemetery

Wadsworth Memorial Cemetery

We did not have to walk very far to get to this location as it was surrounded by a chain link fence their was a piece of concrete that was weathered with its name embedded in the dirt.

The first thing I noticed is that this cemetery was much larger. Many of the graves had solar lights hell maybe some had candles burning. I remember seeing a grave with a glowing Marine Corp emblem all lit from the days solar energy collected. It was a fine piece of art and so were many of the newer grave sites that were surrounded by dozens of flowers.

You could tell that this cemetery despite its vandalism and elemental damage was well kept up a bit more. However this cemetery is not as old and as the one across from it. Not only that but this cemetery has more trees, brush and is greener.

I have to admit that even though I didn't experience much here I sensed something watching us when we first arrived. Maybe we scared it I do not know but when I first walked in Cat told me she would like to produce a video so that instead I can start to host the videos and be in them its more personal for our fans. I think you guys will start liking this new approach will be taking on so you can see me showing you some sites.

Cat did well filming her first video she actually has a more steady hand then I have. I know when I put out videos my hands are shaking this is because I often do allot of climbing and crawling with the video cam in my hand.

The story of this cemetery however was crosses and all of them made of wood. One cross was my height a big white one. While another one was made out of iron.

Towards the back of the cemetery was a brick memorial with a flag pole. It appeared that most of the burials within were vets who served our country. There was a couple newer burials and oddly we found some upper burials. Some of those burials will give you the chills because the coffin is buried above ground then covered up with a little mound of dirt.

We found this old wood bench that had two trees supporting it and further examination revealed that those trees grew into as well as around the thick piece of wood. I sat on the bench and thought that this out of the entire cemetery this was one of my favorite finds.

We found the Wadsworth family the cemetery and town are named after them. I noticed that the family was scattered throughout this graveyard. You had other names mixed in amongst other Wadsworth. Maybe those were other family members with another name or maybe they just bury you wherever they feel like here lol.

The wind was whipping so were the American Flags while in one part of the cemetery many crosses were broke or laying on there sides. While near some newer beautiful plots you would see a pile of vases surrounding a tree.

The moon was rising and it looked bigger then ever before even though it was only a gibbous give or take. There were plots with virgin Mary statues and other ones with broken vases. Two plots had just regular chairs where someone problem uses to sit down to talk to there loved ones. I noticed many benches under trees there definitely was a more cozier feeling here then the fraternal cemetery.

Tammy later on found me told me that there is a loose wire in the EMF detector I just bought. I was pretty disappointed I guess that is the chance you take on EBAY should have just got one from my own store they are more reliable. More then likely ill have to send it back if we cannot get accurate readings which upsets me because we really wanted to use EMF at the school later that night. But as a founder of my group I also know that things happen gear breaks....we fall on our asses.....and we see some pretty strange shit throughout our journeys.

My batteries in this cemetery died very quickly I did find that a bit odd I know that ghost can drain the equipment I see it time to time its odd. Maybe something was trying hard to get on our recorders and come through who knows.

I am not sure ill return here maybe in a couple years will try out some new gear here but for now this one will be filed on our site. Our next stop would be the adventure of the night an eerie old large school house with a bell tower that resides at the top of it.

Wadsworth Historic School
Exploration 2

I was so psyched to revisit this place on my birthday I visited here but really didn't do anything other then walk the ground and build up an impression of the site. The school is abandoned it is listed as historic and its pretty deplorable. This was more of an urbex then a paranormal thing for our group but we did take temperature readings, evps and attempted EMF readings despite our detector has a loose internal wire in the probe area of the gadget.

We enjoyed a ride through town it was so calm here it was almost spooky. You could hear some dogs barking we parked right almost on the bank of the Truckee River. It is a pretty scenic desert area during the day they have this old railroad bridge that goes right over the river itself.

We walked up to the front of the school keep in mind it has two stories, boiler room, attack and tower. The floors are very high up with 20 foot ceilings with very long windows. Its an amazing building something you generally would see on the east coast. I was surprised to have seen something like this in NV. Nonetheless we could hear pigeons or possibly a rodent scratching the wood surrounding the front entrance. I remembered that my first exploration in broad daylight I experienced hearing the same sorts of sounds then when I heard a pigeon I remember that this school is a nesting ground for them trust me read further below lol.

Going down into the basement was not a fun experience we encountered two very large black widows I had to cut through spider webs to make our way down into here. We first went down into the boiler room which was just that a room with a furnace and a coal chute. Thus this would heat the radiators found in some of the classrooms.

There were some clothes we found perhaps it was an old janitorial outfit possibly and it was also very damp down here. I took some videos and photos but was disappointed that there was no stairwell going up into the school. I was also a little let down at the size of the boiler room it was very small.

Even though there are metal covers surrounding the schools foundation there really isn't a basement underneath the school. Instead other then the boiler room the underneath of the school is just that dirt and rocks.

I was the first one to enter the school and I immediately starting filming night vision footage as the down stairs had two bathrooms and about five class rooms. The main hall had archways and the entire inside of the school was a spring green.

The chalk boards in each classroom were almost on every wall and each room was at least 30' x 30' quite large for such a historic school. One room had a few flag poles quite odd just wondering why all the poles were removed. Another room probably served as the office and nurses office. We found an old medical fridge and some old medical equipment. While another room had carpeting and the other classroom had a stove.

All the furniture here had a coat of dust I found it strange as their were many old office chairs from the 1960's. There was a box of old light fixtures and allot of glass shards from vandals. We also found dog paw prints inside one of the restrooms. I am not sure why there were piles of furniture maybe this school at one time was made into an old apartment complex.

I noticed some oddities within the school like one classroom had older light fixtures while another one had a newer model. It was apparent that at one time or another some renovations may have taken place. There was of course allot of graffiti including some writing on chalk boards. Hell some chalk boards were ripped off the walls while wires hung down from some of the ceilings.

One room had a hot water tank it wasn't very old while most rooms had the old radiators that would heat on up as the furnace burned its coal. There was nothing strange happening downstairs but I will say this. When I first entered the school I spent a few minutes by myself wandering around. I thought I heard some movement almost thought a person was inside with us however this was not the case.

The room with the sinks and medical equipment had some very patchy cold spots. Even Catherine stated that the temperature in this room was much lower then any of the other classrooms downstairs.

I ran an audio recorder the entire investigation here my goal was to get EVP's our EMF was not working right so we put it eventually away. I felt the school was relatively quiet the downstairs windows were boarded so there wasn't any light except from our own flashlights.

There was a storage closet or pantry possibly where maybe the kids lunches may have been put away here or school supplies. The shelves were dusty and there was a hole leading up into the ceiling. This was the only place for storage other then the jacket hooks that lined the main hallway on the first floor.

We then headed on upstairs there was a hole in the wall we had to crawl through it can you believe that the two stairwells leading to the upstairs do not connect from the inside? You physically would have to on a cold winter day exit the school then enter it through another door outside on the grounds to get into the first floor. We had to be careful one of the stairwells had a hole in the bottom of it so we had to skip this step while ascending for safety.

We had to be careful on the stairs it was covered in pigeon shit all the way from top to the bottom inches thick. Catherine I believe put her hands in it crawling through the hole and sadly Tammy didn't bring her backpack which had our air mask. My suggestion was to hold your breath don't smell it and chill near some of the open windows upstairs where fresh air kept blowing on in.

When I arrived upstairs we all heard voices I thought I heard a female but the ladies said they heard men talking. It could have been people talking from a local residence nearby or someone walking around at night or even driving by. It sounded so close though and I heard conversing like it was right there with us.

There was a stairwell leading to an open upstairs window the fire escape probably once was here but there were no longer stairs or a ladder. This open window meant a straight fall to the ground other then that all the class rooms upstairs were empty.

In the main foyer were two steps of stairwells leading down and outside to the front of the schools property. Also in the foyer their were plastic bags filled with pigeon shit as if someone tried to attempt to clean up the school house. The bags of scat were piled over a foot high all in a corner. Meanwhile there was some areas in the upper floors that had piles a few inches thick. I am not sure the upstairs there was one area the floors were visible.

In one of the classrooms I found a ladder leading up into the attic. The ladder was very close to the wall and it was a series of wood beams. When I peaked my head into the attic I thought maybe I am wrong that I seen a rat scurry off right in front of me a few feet away. Imagine my head was level with the attics floor and on every side of me was open attic. I found two very poor ladders going up into the bell tower I did not attempt to walk the attack floors as the top planks were all missing or the attic appeared never to be fully finishes. I would have went up into the bell tower if I was alone but my team was worried about me attempting it so instead I nabbed a few photos then came down off the ladder leading from the attic back into the class room.

On a positive note I took some photos as I hung on for life 20 feet dangling while Catherine did some filming of me up on the ladder. Tammy also filmed me downstairs giving our viewers a tour of the classrooms. I really think that our viewers are going to enjoy seeing this on our website its a fine ass historic school but it is deplorable just being honest. The girls did a great job filming I think both of them in the future may make some good producers for our group.

We all agreed as a team that the school even though as spooky as it looks during the day and the night it doesn't appear to be haunted. Like any forgotten building there are signs of vandalism here and partying. There was upstairs an ice cold doctor pepper can filled with soda. It was by an open window so that may have explained why the can was cold. Our whole goal on any investigation is to reasonably decide what is real and not real. To decide what is paranormal and not paranormal. We try to debunk everything and when we cannot then we know were dealing with something of the unknown.

I am not sure the school was stripped for example some bathrooms stalls had no toilets while we only found one school desk here. Its a poverty stricken area so the locals are very familiar with this site. If anyone has some stories of there own we would love to hear about them as I value the Wadsworth School its a symbol of early education in the United States.

It felt good to get out of the school get some fresh air I do not know about you but I am good with walking through the forest of pigeon shit galore. Someday this building may be gone then again its a solid building made out of brick, stone and wood. They do not make buildings like these anymore they could stand for two centuries if left alone.

The grounds here over grown but we walked around the school and I took a nice night photo of the school for the website. I am not sure ill ever return here but we did what we said we were going to do which was explore it and do an actual paranormal investigation of its dark halls. As an explorer it was a dream come true and it was time to make a 50 mile jaunt to our final destination of the night "Dayton's Rock Point Mill"

The school was a nice find and nice site it was the kind of shit you see in horror movies big spiders...cobwebs....dusty shelves etc. I wished there was more activity here but it just goes to show you that you cannot judge a book by its cover.

Dayton's Rock Point Mill

This is an area will visit a couple more times its a public mill that still stands from 1861. At one time it processed the Silver that came from Virginia City. Beneath the mill there are tunnels as well that connect from the Comstock to the Dayton area.

I love Dayton its a very old area lots of mines and well the mill speaks for itself. We were all very tired that includes me. I just cant sleep anymore I work allot at what I do my kids been away all summer long so I am worried sick about them as they have not been very safe at my ex wife's and then you throw that in with severe back issues. So I have to admit I was very tired by our fourth location and I was in allot of pain.

I do my best every investigation so I had some fight left in me as I wanted to get these places done prior to Halloween. The work is endless and its ongoing that we do. Not every place we go is haunted if you watch a show and these guys say every place they go is then somebody is lying.

Out of all the places we visited last night this mill I am telling you may be the most eerie site. There is allot of energy here. Strangely all the investigations we did were right near the Truckee River. This includes Dayton's state park which has trails and various historic sites. The mill being the main site which sits up on a hill side overlooking the town below.

We parked at a dead end road and hiked in the temperature was about 49 degrees it dropped quite considerably from the school to Dayton. It was almost 4am so this should give you an idea of how hard we work into the night at investigating. I tried to go to Starbucks found out that nothing stays open in the smaller towns at night id been better off getting a coffee at 711 and well those spicy bites are pretty dam good especially after toking one up lol.

The winds were a bit on and off especially when we hiked up this old mill road. The area looked as if it was strip mines some of the hillsides were carved out. The road went between two high walls of rock as it came out to a huge open area.

There was a few trails leading down the hillside to the mill. It appeared that the mill was spread out on different hillsides. There was also a very marshy woodsy area and I did do some hiking by myself for awhile while the girls checked out the mill.

I have to say the woods surrounding the mill are very dismal I felt watched at times but what bothered me more is the rodents running around. There was a big ass rat moving around in this high grass right where I was climbing up. This was later towards the end of the investigation.

In the beginning of the investigation we encountered the remains of the stamp mill still with the old wood beams locked into the foundation. Also near where the main part of the mill stood there was this giant round concrete building maybe it held water.

At one time this mill had a manmade lake, dam and water flumes. All of it is gone from fires but the concrete foundations, stone walls and tailings can still be found here. Below where the main mill site was a man rock cavern with an entrance in it. Around the bend we found a similar cave that went about 12 feet back. Maybe these were storage or break rooms its hard to say.

The mill sits on multiple tiers littering the hill side and I found other parts of it in the woodsy area. Some of the foundations had giant metal bars in it protruding out from the sides or the top. I found a giant piece of the stamp mills foundation laying on its side in the marsh. Some of the foundations were buried by high desert brush while others were just buried underneath earth.

The girls told me that a friendly kangaroo mouse came up to them and was being playful. I guess it almost hopped onto Tammy's foot to try to run up her leg but instead it went onto Catherine's hehe. He was not scared of them at all I am not a rodent guy but I see them all the time and most are fearless when it comes to human beings which makes them all the more dangerous when we are out in the night investigating these places.

I did catch up with the girls we spent sometime standing on top of the main section of the mill which overlooks more areas of the mill below. I was amazed by the giant walls of stone that went on for 50 feet while walking through narrow paths of foundations. Also there was stone stairwells that led down to different areas of the mills. Different foundations symbolized different buildings that once resided at this site. There were paths leading off into the woods....up hill sides.....to various sections of the Rock Point Mill. I am not sure I have seen everything here either the area is fairly large.

We also found a very long service tunnel that went underneath the highway and to the more scenic area of the state park. Near the tunnels entrance had a giant what Cat thought may have been a wolf spider. It was very large and I photographed it on the web. The body also had hair all over it or these fine prickly like needles much like a tarantula has on its body.

I took some audio recordings in the tunnel and throughout the aisles of what was left of the mill. There was allot to see and I am going to come here during the day to get some day footage since it is a very relevant historic site. I been to stamp mills but its sickening to see the old B&W photos and what is left today. Ill share some of those photos on our site eventually and you will be astonished.

Our hike back was quiet I seen myself a couple meteors I know Tammy earlier seen 6 in a matter of minutes. The stars were all out and that is what makes going out hiking into the night so worthwhile. Everyone was safe I had a mild sprain as the grooves in the tunnel caused my foot to bend on its side.

When we made it back to the truck we dropped Cat off then it was a long ride for us home. I didn't get home till the sun came up that's how you know you investigated your asses off lol. We had a fun time and I have to say Tammy as well as Catherine did very well we all worked as a team and that is going to produce some really great results in the future.

Upcoming our next investigation will be back into Bigfoot Country in the high sierras we got some really awesome paranormal investigations coming on up. Will be presenting videos....evps.....night vision etc everything you can imagine from upcoming locations including this great mill. This was the only mill that This is the only mill site that has survived the wreck and decay of fifty years but it also was one of the if not largest stamp mills in the entire country. So visiting here was really awesome exploring old ruins in the middle of the night for a ghosthunter this felt like home.

Despite the lack of activity its hard to say I will review the photos for evidence, evp's and video footage. The paranormal is a hit and miss. The one thing is for sure is that its the memories you create that makes what we do all the more worthwhile. We sure created many last night just classic Lord Rick adventures and it turned out to be an all around great night.
Peace,
Lord Rick
Founder
Talk Show Host, Producer and Author
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

PS All reports are subject to revision prior to me adding it onto our site this is only a rough draft:) until we update the location onto our website.

Profile E-mail