The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Sasquatch Adventure At Blue Lakes July 23rd 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

I feel as if I am on a roll here but with a little luck and hard work I believe that I can get Bigfoot on video. I had been out here before but parts of the area were locked this is due to snow. Yes you heard me snow in July lol. This is an area that can get 20 feet of snow in the winter so when man is up here camping or hiking it is only a couple months out of the year. Which leads me to believe that this area holds allot of secrets when we think of the unknown.

This is a great area and let me explain why to you in more detail. The Blue Lakes area borders the Mokelumne Wilderness and encompasses thousands of acres. Their is also a very old homestead in the area, ghost town, meadows of dozens of species of flowers, various crystal clear blue lakes, creeks, woods, rock formations and even a ghost town. I took a chance drove on up here and found out they recently opened their gates.

Tammy and I got some burgers from Jack n The Box, Blue Moon Beer and we set off for another grand adventure. Bigfoot season doesn't last long up here as we would be heading to an area that recently has been exposed due to the snow melting. I had hoped if anything to find tracks since the area has not been hardly touched by man in months. Our adventure would began here and I will say it was memorable. I give to you Blue Lakes known for its Bigfoot sightings, strange screams and wilderness untouched by mankind in some of its more remote regions.

Blue Lakes California

Tammy and I noticed that allot more of the snow up here had melted and so the gate was opened which took us to a road that split off in two different directions. The road to the left is an entirely different area so we decided to check that out some other time. Our main focus would be the Blue Lakes area which includes both the upper and the lower. Surrounding these lakes is also twin and meadow lake. Strangely from what I learned is that the lakes are all at different elevations thus the higher ones drain off into the lower lakes as beautiful waterfalls, creeks and even dams grace this area.

We tried to make it up the road as I wanted to head on out to a ghost town unfortunately the snow in some areas were high. Its very unusual to dress for summer yet your hiking in the snow. I actually love how the snow radiates cool air which in turn makes it a great hike. I rather stay cool up in these mountains then be involved in the barrage of heat this country is facing right now. I took this one road that edges along the lake and these giant rock formations.

It was a nice little offroading experience that went from the lower blue lake all the way to an alpine forest full of beautiful secluded spots. I remember when I left my vehicle I went for a 5 minute walk and stood on this saucer shaped rock overlooking the river below.

Tammy and I decided to take a trail into the Mokelumne wilderness area unfortunately the drifts became so high that the trail was no longer visible so we turned back. We did come across the river in the woods but I realized if we went in to deep without seeing the trail you could get lost for days out here so we decided to explore a different region which I felt was more rewarding anyway's by the evening.

There is a dirt road that you can follow along the lakes which is stellar as the mountains behind them are covered completely in blankets of snow. To our right was canyons and mountains while parts of the road had forest. We took breaks every time we reached a patch of forest and the further we hiked is the further away from civilization it became.

At one point I crossed this dam no railings nothing it was pretty cool just as some of the beautiful photos I captured along the lake everything from flowers to beautiful rocks. Tammy and I would end up hiking for miles. Generally most of the people fished and camped at lower blue lake but to get to the upper area it is quite the hike. I wanted to make it up to Lost Lake and Summit City but our day was running short and the area is vast. Just as some areas are off limits due to snow or large boulders.

As blue, black and yellow butterflies swarmed around us Tammy and I found an old campground. That is an area I found two tracks in two different areas and they were extremely old. But both of them were deep and their were some solid toe impressions. Nobody has been back here in ages except a few daring enough to hike the distance which we did run into three hikers who had set up a tent in this area. I wished I had brought mine but maybe next time as I like to stay overnight in the woods sometimes when we do our bigfoot research.

The road into the campground was nearly washed out as the creek flooded over it. As we hiked down the road we had to avoid the rushing water by stepping onto rocks and around it. If you remember the same thing happened at Devils Ladder. Their are so many creeks, rivers, lakes and seasonal washes its incredible. When the snow melts falling into any of these creeks can be deadly not just due to the cold but the water moves very fast. If you were to get carried away you would be turned into monster fodder hitting the rocks so you definitely do not want to get close to it. Just a week ago three folks died up at Yosemite as they slipped into some water and went right off a cliff so safety for us is a huge priority.

The hikers said hi to us and they actually ran into us a couple times however when they went to the left we veered to our right on this rugged trail we found heading up to an area that is said to have remnants of a ghost town at. I would never end up having enough time to get to the ghost town we were tired been hiking all day. However we did find the mining road and an old wagon trail which I decided to hike down for awhile. This road was steep and it did allot of switchbacks putting us higher and higher above upper blue lake to a degree that we were almost at the peak of one of the mountains surrounding it.

Tammy stayed back at base while I climbed the side of this mountain. The reason why I climbed it is I thought I seen at the peak spray painted rocks and a foundation. It turns out that the foundation was some sort of shale stone protruding from the side of the hill while the rocks were naturally bright colors. I never seen in my life rocks like this but they were yellow, orange, red, brown and gray. They look spray painted but in reality they are just natural formations and very pretty when the sun hits it.

The climb was almost impossibly their were thorn brush and it was steep. Not only was it steep but all the rock was loose so I was consistently sliding but after about 300 feet I made it to a plateau. The view was stellar and their was a sheet of ice I had to cross. It appeared that the ice had settled in the canyon I didn't even know if it would hold my weight. I crossed the ice but fell on my arm it hurt like hell. Tammy and I both were using two way radios to keep in touch as earlier during the hike I thought I spotted a cavern but it turns out that it was an optical illusion caused by the sun casting a dark shadow onto the cliff face.

I was determined and after I cross the sheet of ice again I started to climb to the top of the peak however the brush became so thick it was nearly impassable. However the climb was not all for nothing as I spotted what I believe in the mountain where the ghost town once stood. This mountain is completely brown no trees and no life growing on it. It kind of has a pyramid shape to it and the only way to really view it is to climb high which that I did. I was high enough to see all of upper blue lake, summit city and great views of the mountain range across from me.

I stood in a meadow full of butterflies, wild flowers and pretty scenery. I took at least 9 to 12 videos in this region and why? I did it for you guys because their is no place like this place on earth its unique in itself. I stood at the bottom of the crown of the mountain probably had about two hundred feet to go to reach the top of the mountain but the sun was setting and it was time for me to climb down. The climb down was more dangerous because as a hiker I know if you tumble its all over so balance is important when your in the mountains. Although you may tumble down a hill if you hit a rock, tree or go off a cliff it might be your last exploration. I can tell you that I made my way down quicker then going up lol. I am very lucky that at least out of everything that was robbed I have my high definition cam still. Some of you have not seen the HD cam videos yet but soon that will be all we use for youtube and its some pretty amazing crisp quality in my opinion.

Tammy and I had a long hike back to the truck I was excited because I found two unusual and large tracks which leads me to believe that there are bigfoot in this area. I could not scout for tracks at the lakes because all the shore lines are rocky here unlike Red Lake. But this is an area ill work with time and time again unless it is gated which it generally stays gated almost all year around so we are hoping that in another month more snow dissipates so I can explore this region even more in depth.

The hike back to the truck was tiresome I was exhausted from climbing up the side of this mountain but it was important so that I could get video footage of the area. Its very vast out here and I have only seen probably 1 percent of it all serious if that. When we almost made it halfway to the truck a deer crossed the path in front of us however it wasn't the deer I was worried about. It was the vast amount of mosquitos that kept loitering around us the entire hike. Even with good bug repellent it didn't keep the bitches down lol.

There were a few strange things I had noticed along my hike back to the truck. For one all the dumpster's were pushed over on their sides maybe it was done by the rangers or some hungry bears. But every single one so I ended up not throwing out anything due to this factor. I never little and that's important to keep our forest clean as well as safe. One thing did catch my eye about halfway down the road at upper Blue Lake I found two piles of stool. The piles looked human except for one difference. The stool had an immense amount of fur in it I am guessing deer fur since it was gold brown almost blondish in color. Which meant that A. There is a very large predator that is carnivorous in the area or in fact B. This was from a Bigfoot. I have seen stools of all kinds that includes bear, deer and rodents. However I have never seen anything that shits human like in the woods with that much hair in it. So whatever this was it definitely was not bias when it comes to eating its pray fur and meat together. Tammy said maybe a mountain lion but if it deficates as big as you or me then that's a kitty I do not want to meet lol.

When we arrived back at the car I had bought subs and other goodies for the trip. So we had dinner in the truck in the woods as in earlier their were cars up here well this was not the case. We were the last ones to leave the area and the sun was behind the mountains.

Tammy and I are troopers when you think that were done were usually not we sometimes Investigate for as long as 15 to 18 hours at a time. I know crazy but we work hard at what we do so that we can bring our viewers the best paranormal adventures your going to hear about. I may hike all day but when I find a track I am like a kid in a candy store. However when I can also go investigate ghost and bigfoot all in one day that to me is heaven lol.

We decided to visit an old corral and homestead which I found a couple weeks ago. Their is a small barn, corral, troughs, homestead and a few other sites. Behind the farm is a big open prairie with this giant mountain that looks like its completely made of one giant rock. Its one of the oddest mountains in the region besides this other mountain they call the nipple that looks like a tit. Why lie during my Blue Lakes expedition I seen every type of mountain you can imagine all the way from volcano's to alpine covered mountains to just solid rocky cliff faces.

The old homestead is a very eerie little place and if I had my gear I could work with it but alas I do not so pictures are going to have to do. The sun was almost completely down the mosquitos were eating us up and the temperature was at 50 degrees. When I arrived home it was past 10pm at night so we definitely had an eventful day. So far all the tracks I have found I either measured or I put my foot next to it. Some of our tracks are pretty good others are faded due to the elements.

I plan on working with this area more allot of strange things happen up in this region so consider this a new indictment into the halls of The Paranormal & Ghost Society. I am Lord Rick and these are my journeys into the unknown. State tuned for photos, videos and updates on this region in the near future. You will be AMAZED trust me! So after a day through marshes, snow, mountain tops, rocky roads, creek beds and woods it was a paranormal adventure id never forget. Bigfoot is just a mountain away and Blue Lakes is a scenic wonder nestled deep in the sierras. It doesn't get any better then that and we want to thank you for tuning into Fridays AngelOfThyNight Radio episode here is a special clip from the show which I am sharing again for those that didn't see it..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nFVwtJcJ8 it was a great show only hours later to have a great investigation overall it was just a great weekend period:)
Lord Rick
Founder
Author, Talk Show Host and Producer

Profile E-mail