The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Bigfoot Adventure At Devil's Ladder July 16th 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

This report is a little late I apologize I basically am swarmed with work between the site, research, assisting others and site updates. However I do feel that this location called Devil's Ladder is as equally haunted as it is cryptid. It was a place that pioneers used to travel to and from the Carson Valley. People died on this wagon trail its a fact just as its a fact that its vast and anything can be lurking in the woods.

Tammy and I scoped out the area earlier in July it was the oddest feeling here. I never felt so watched in my life to a degree that it was uncomfortable. When you park here it overlooks Red Lake and miles of mountains of the high sierras. Some of my friends on facebook say its so beautiful they even want to relocate here lol. I do not blame them one bit hell I live it everyday and that alone makes it all the more worthwhile.

However the areas we are hiking at still have some snow and I expect them to be inaccessible coming in a couple months. So we are doing our best to explore these parts prior to winter that way we can gather some Sasquatch evidence for future investigations.

I have to say that out of all the locations I have visited around the high sierras this place really is top notch for hiking. You start off at a high elevation then work your way down all the way to the lake along this narrow ridge. The views are stellar and their is allot of ancient alpines surrounding the entire hike which includes a waterfall as well as meadows of beautiful flowers.

Tammy and I packed up the gear deciding to return here and do an actual investigation of the area. It must had been a lucky day because I caught a giant butterfly before we left in midair. I petted him then I let him fly away. The nature that surrounds me is never plentiful however in areas like Devil's ladder its even more abundant.
We decided to head out here prior to sunset and our adventure would began here. What I wanted to do is make it to the lake with enough day light to measure and photograph some tracks. Then on the way back we would be in the woods at night allowing us to monitor for any unusual activity.

Devil's Ladder & Red Lake

It had been a couple weeks since we actually investigated not since the Robbery on July 2nd so we had to make allot of changes. For one we can no longer leave anything in the truck so we had to carry an extra backpack and with no team members hardly it can be a bit difficult. But not everyone is cut out for chasing Bigfoot this is something you either love or your to scared to go out into the woods to do it.

Sadly it my career I never really had to carry a gun around however things have changed and now ill always have to be armed for the safety of my team members. So we gathered the gear....I strapped the gun onto me and we set off for one hell of an adventure.

The trail we took followed the lake below and gradually began to decrease in altitude. The trail in some parts was washed out while in other parts was very overgrown. At one point a seasonal creek ran down the trail and in some areas the water was almost knee high. So Tammy and I did allot of rock jumping and at one point the trail was so narrow that one slip and it would be one hell of a fall.

We gradually worked our way down the ridge to an open area in the woods which led us to the lake. When we arrived at the lake shore we had an opportunity to hike to a peninsula which someone was camping out and had a giant fire burning. The other choice would be to visit the more secluded part of the lake where their are marshes, meadows, woods, rock formations and secluded shoreline.

Of course you know me and I love seclusion but I also love to explore. Allot of the work that we do requires hours upon hours of pure exploring. There is nothing pretty about it except the scenery other then that by the end of a day I am muddy, wet, tired and cut up.

Tammy and I would follow the lake where we came across a hill side with so many varieties of flowers growing. Among the flowers were many rock formations and at first I thought I found a stool sample. But then we examined it later after we took a drink break finding toilet paper near the scene and the stool was burnt. So we knew it wasn't Bigfoot stool but nonetheless anything we find deserves an investigation which includes hair samples....stool samples and measuring various tracks.

I was a bit discouraged but we kept pushing on that is when I found roughly 5 to 6 sets of tracks in the area. Some of them varied in size but all of them either had toe impressions and were fairly deep impressions. I found one track that was about 6 inches wide and about 14 inches long. I cant say it was Bigfoot that made them however I suspect that based on where I found these tracks that it was probably him that made them.

One of the tracks emerged from the brush and you can see the toe impressions. Its as if it went up to the lake and drank. Then it cut through the heavy brush and up the hill to where Devils Ladder is. Then from that point on up into the canyon which goes a couple thousand feet into the mountains.

I also found a cave in the region I may explore it but there is no trail to it and its at the peak of one of the mountains. I am hoping to investigate these sorts of places when our team expands. I am almost willing to bet that the area I found is a Bigfoot watering area. The tracks are very random and the strides were pretty big. Not only that but whatever made them was barefoot and some tracks have foliage growing in them meaning they have been there for awhile. Its possible they were there before winter as well because the tracks were in poor shape however most of them were very deep as if whatever made them weighed a considerable amount.

The sun was going down it was getting dark so we decided to take our time hike the couple miles back to the truck. This is a great time to hike especially if your looking for something cryptid. The hike back proved more difficult as we had to cross an area where the waterfalls dumped water right over the trail. Not only that but cutting through brush and everything else made it challenging.

Strangely this trip did reveal some strange things besides tracks. For example hiking down the devils ladder we heard something moving around the woods. I felt watched and I heard something moving around. Heading back after dark I didn't see anything but a few times something caught my senses. I didn't hear any animals not even a cricket it was fairly silent out here. But I thought I heard something scream from miles away it was very faint so who knows. Maybe something up in that treacherous canyon that branches off from Devils Ladder hard to say.

When we arrived back at the truck I heard people and a door slam. I had to pull my gun out and I let Tammy in the truck first. Someone parked next to me and well they didn't look like they were there for the view. I am willing to bet that if I didn't come back when I did they probably would have been snooping in my truck. The reason why I say that is who is going to hang out at a place like this after dark unless your camping. But this person appeared to be hanging out in the dark near my truck so yeah we got out of there safely.

Eventually I will share the tracks, photos, videos and evidence with you. As soon as I can get the rest of our updates caught up which we are gradually doing. I expect in a few more weeks to have everything up to date and that includes this exploration.

Id like to return there is just so much to explore you can spend a lifetime up in the Sierras its vast and their are places man hasn't even been to here yet. In some places its snowy all year around and that is our next exploration ill be discussing a place called Blue Lakes.
Lord Rick
PGS Founder
Author, Talk Show Host and Producer

Profile E-mail