The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Exploration Into The Iceberg Wilderness and Toiyabe Nati
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Tammy and I decided to leave early in the morning and spend the entire day doing Bigfoot field research. Being a cryptozoologist also means being patient. You can hike all day before finding an actual decent print or hair sample. Then their is the fact that sometimes you find nothing at all but still get to experience the adventure of it all.

Tammy and I would backpack, off road, hike, climb and research a 50 mile area which is prone to Bigfoot activity. Those areas would be Markleeville, Kongsberg & Centerville Flats and Leviathan Peak. All these areas ill be working with more some of them are near where I reside so I general patrol them regularly in the evening for Bigfoot.

Little did I know that the Sierra Nevada's hold many secrets such as ghost towns, caves, mines, historical sites and even paranormal hotspots. These forgotten places are not popular tourist attractions however allot of the locals go up there to party, camp and drink. Meanwhile I visit places like this to find any trace of Bigfoot evidence.

Tammy and I would start off the morning up in Markleeville. I love this location its very old and they have a couple really awesome saloons out in the middle of the national forest. The area is a semi ghost town so some of the historic sites are preserved and you can tour them at no cost. Surrounding this area is the national forest which boast many trails, a river, reservoir, mountains and even some hot springs.

Tammy and I would drive to the hot springs they were loaded with tourist so we decided to come back when there are less people around. Instead we focused on the historic area of Markleeville and so our journey would began here. Nothing beats a drive through the sierras with a cigar and hot cup of coffee. We were far from done as we had an entire day of outdoors events planned as we become introduced to many new places in the Sierra Mountain Range. A place full of Bigfoot Lore, UFO sightings, Legendary Ghost and pure seclusion.

Markleeville California

This is the same town I seen the cub bear cross the road a week prior to hiking around here. Markleeville is not a very large town but it is surrounded by lush forest and beautiful hillsides. The oldest part of town resides on a hill and downtown has many little shops as well as old wood hotels from the 1800's. The visitors center was open so we stopped in they have trail maps and all sorts of useful material in relation to this area.

I am willing to bet that some of the historic structures are haunted. We would first visit old town where we parked near an old outhouse and jail. The jail had saw blades on the wall and a giant chair in the middle of the room. Their was elk horns on the wall amongst many rusty tools. This looked more like the chamber of goddamn death. Sorry that was an AngelOfThyNight Radio moment:) but seriously I had to film here its a pretty odd place. It looks more like a torture room then a jail house lol.

One of the cells had a dummy in it while the other one I was able to get into. The room was like being in a tank it was very small with a cot and I felt closed in.The walls and floor had metal with rivets making this cell impossible to escape. The cell door was iron and extremely heavy.

I took EVP's here also they were stolen I know you hear it over and over but since this report goes on my website non members will view this on our site. I honestly do not think I captured anything at the jail but it feels dismal here and the upstairs room is locked.

Behind the jail is the blacksmith shop which had an old fire engine inside and carriage. Their were smithy tools everywhere including an anvil. Next to the smith carriages and wagons. I seen some old machinery and was looking down onto Markleeville below. Some of the historic structures and saloons are amazing so is the view here.

The entire area is surrounded by ancient volcanoes and the area is very pioneer like. Behind the ghost town sites a white horse was dashing up the hillside. Personally I felt some magic in the air isn't this really what life is about think about it!

Their was an old general store I did not tour it but I did visit the old Webster school house and I have photos to prove it lol. They had a mannequin in there made to look like a teacher. The seats and desk were dusty and honestly it had this little house on the prairie feeling. The teacher had her own desk and inside the school house was a wood stove. I also noticed an old piano in the corner I bet it plays at night when nobody is around just a hunch what do I know I am just a coffee drinking stoner right lol.

I had some fun at the schoolhouse and I enjoyed touring Markleeville. Near downtown the river runs through town. For almost 100 feet are cobble stone walls where the river rushes through them. You can stand on a wood bridge over the river or walk downtown for a brew. Allot of bikers were out and we had plans to get to a quieter part of Markleeville one not to many get to see unless your willing to hike.

Tammy and I hiked along the river I set out to search for strange tracks. This was a rough hike with some steep drop offs but their were parts we could walk out into the middle of the river. There are some hidden areas in this town I am looking for but to get a real good feel about what Bigfoot country is like the river is the best option. The river brings life to the region it attracts animals as well as beast.

I did find tracks with large claws in them it was not a bigfoot print sorry but it may have been a mountain lion or maybe a wolverine which are very rare in the sierras. I found me along the river a really nice fishing spot and a peninsula that I could camp on if we ever wanted to stay the night here.

I did not find anything strange along the river and by the time we hiked over a mile in our shoes and socks were muddy. When I went to look for tracks I spent sometime along the muddy river beds. It has its rewards but at the same time it does not if you hate getting dirty. I do not know about some of you but I happen to like getting dirty lol.

Anyhow the hike was nice and I enjoy to smoke around Markleeville its very relaxing here. I photographed a deer on my way to leaving the hot springs area. Tammy also seen a Yellow-bellied marmot that ran out in front of her then I moved and it ran back under the brush. Those things are pretty adorable and your lucky if you can get that close to one.

It was a nice day butterflies were out and I wasn't having much luck finding Bigfoot evidence here although some tracks did reveal other mammals in this region. Its important to learn about them since most of our research lately is done in this region.

There was an old cabin along the river and we did see a tent out in the woods so you can tell that it is a well known area to those who want to spend a nice cool day up in the forest. After spending a few hours hiking around we decided to move onto our next location.

It may take a few years to explore all of Markleeville as its very vast this does not include the hot springs area which is out in the middle of the wilderness. The river runs for miles and there are high cliffs and woodsy hillsides. I also found an old house out near the woods here from the 1800's. I am not sure what we will find but I know that this is an area that has had some strange things happen over the years. I was told this by someone who grew up in this town and so for us this is a place that offers so much.

We want to thank Markleeville for having such a wonderfully preserved historic structures and for allowing us to tour them. We do plan on coming back but alas I seen allot of wildlife in Markleeville, offroaded along cliffs a week before and took a beautiful river hike in a canyon full of volcanic rock How can you go wrong as a bigfoot field researcher when it comes to visiting a place like this. I had realized it was time to move on I am not sad I visit this place fairly often but each time I go I miss that fresh smell of honey suckle in the air and alpine trees. Our next area we would visit would be a little less intriguing or maybe it would be!

Kongsberg and Centerville Flats

Kongsberg sounds like something named after King Kong himself accept that in my story there are no skyscrapers or apes beating the shit out of there chest. Tammy and I had a very interesting journey as you see we ventured into a place called the Ice Berg Wilderness. For those of you that are not aware I am surrounding by 5 national forest and within those areas many various wildernesses. My point I am trying to make is that its very easy to be driving down a dirt road then all of sudden hit snow up here in July.

This vast wilderness is full of high cliffs, rock formations and mountains. Many of the peaks reach 10,000 ft and honestly Yosemite wasn't very far away if I really wanted to go up there lol. But I told Tammy in a joking manner that driving around this part of the mountains had a very Yosemite feeling. The scenery was gorgeous here

Kongsberg and Centerville Flats were both mining towns and today honestly nothing remains. I almost am shocked by this fact but I did find a cemetery, foundation of an old jail and a mining site. I also passed by an old ranch and a very eerie abandoned house. I never knew about any of these areas I just decided to drive around and see where we could explore for Bigfoot tracks.

On my way to these ghost town sites I must had passed 7 different creeks/rivers and many of them go for miles through vast forest. The forest we been working in is the El Dorado National Forest and Toiyabe National Forest in California. Over the years I have learned that you cannot be lured in by beauty alone. Sometimes the most beautiful places hold deep dark secrets. For example a week prior to this trip I found this perfectly square cave entrance high up on a cliff. Just as while hiking along the river out near Kongsberg I found a similar cave that is only reachable with climbing gear.

I did find three sets of tracks up here all had toe impressions and the prints were fairly wide. I did take a photo of the track using my hand as a comparison its pretty genuine I think our viewers are going to understand the hard work involved with what it is we do here. You may spend all day hiking to find just one track but I was lucky to have found a couple. My theory was that the prints were from a young adolescent and adult female Sasquatch. More then likely the adult bigfoot might be taking its young to the river for a drink. Right now allot of the rivers are still raging but they are abundant with trout and the water is so abundant that life thrives here.

I did do some filming up here I actually have some nice footage of a cliff cave I found, bigfoot track and a Western Tanager. BTW the Western Tanager is an exotic looking bird and they are often seen in the Sierra Nevada's. Since my move to the area I have seen some of the prettiest birds in my life. This is why I love living here and conducting my work. I get to work allot with mother nature and be able to take my time seeking out evidence that the paranormal is all around us.

I also came to this region for another reason I am searching for some historic mines but despite all my driving around I did not find them. I did however find a couple gated roads something maybe later we can look on into. I also an old mine entrance that was collapsed, giant smoke stack and old wood historic home. I believe that the house served as some headquarters for the mine/mill that once were on this property. I found the old wood tailings but you could tell the mine was blasted shut. Many bricks were scattered on the hill side and the smoke stack/chimney was still in tact. I actually climbed into the giant chimney and looked over 50 feet up at the sky lol.

At Centerville Flats nothing remains really I mean granted there are sites outside these towns that you can say were a part of them but when it comes to the town site itself there are no saloons, banks, hotels, general stores, barns, houses etc All that remains of both towns are trees and scenic territory. It is hard to believe that each town had almost 3000 residents and yet not one thing remains but a few sites out in the woods. We did find an old corral at the flats that is probably all that is left of Centerville. Back in the day the automobile did not exist but these towns thrived in the 1860's and life was like little house on the prairie.

I had a kick ass time here hiking and exploring. I didn't just visit one area but many areas and that is how I found those tracks just by being persistent if they are from a Bigfoot. We can only speculate until this creature is either identified or we can get unreasonable evidence to prove its existence. I know that if Bigfoot is sighted near Markleeville then he surely is sighted just miles south of it in this region which is surrounded by high cliffs, unknown caves and a woods so vast that you could get lost in it faster then you can find where your going.

We have our work cut out for our team this is an ongoing case and will bring you guys coverage in the future. I spent the remainder of my tour in this area photographing a butterfly and climbing onto some rocks and standing in the middle of the river. I tried to envision myself being Sasqatch...what would I do where would I go and then it dawned on me as the wheels turned within my head. I have a pretty good idea where to look next the only issue with that is some of the places I want to explore are very difficult places to reach. Some so difficult that you would have to be a gorilla to get to them haha.

The one thing that hits me as strange maybe its not but there are certain areas we have been hiking at that still have snow up there in June and July. For example I took a ride out to Blue Lake the road was closed due to snow in JULY lol. I was literally driving in 6 inches of snow down some of the roads in the area. So my thought it that allot of areas are secluded no humans are around for miles but the real question remaining may pertain to pondering if Sasquatch roams this area.

As we left the area we decided to tour a few lakes and for fishing in the future. I like to fish and I love to eat it to so sometimes when we investigate we also do a little fishing in between. I think its important to be a well rounded paranormal investigator. Just being there putting yourself out there will increase your chances of seeing something strange. I think bigfoot fishes to just like bear in these parts lol.

Tammy and I tried taking this road that follows a place called Wolf Creek. I actually found an abandoned weigh station back here and an abandoned dirt road. I am guessing that their was a mine back here and then the ore was weighed prior to the trucks leaving the area. I know its the law that the trucks cannot carry more weight then what is allowed based on safety standards. The Wolf Creek area is an interesting location lots of strange rock formations that protrude from the hillsides and mountains.

Our last area of the night would take place up in an area called Leviathan Peak. The Leviathan area I have passed but never took the treacherous road on in however this time around we found a back road into this secluded area just outside of Lake Heenan. I visited this lake to see what the fishing report is only to find out that fishing is off limits here almost all year long so instead I decided to give our viewers instead an adventure in the Leviathan Peak area which from what I hear is a strange area surrounded by a series of various landmarks found in this region.

Leviathan Peak

There are only three ways to reach the Leviathan area 1. White water rafting 2. The Road across from Lake Heenan & 3. The very treacherous road from the main highway at the base of the sierra foothills. Since we were exploring Lake Heenan I decided to take the road on in that takes you to the front entrance of Leviathan Mine and along the edge along this mountains peak.

Rumor has it this mine has been polluting the Leviathan Creek many years ago so the water still may not be up to par. I heard arsenic was found here in the creek below the mine. I did not go into the mine as there are cameras at the entrance and even though I heard its no longer operable I beg to differ. I seen aisles of irrigation channels, construction trucks and other signs to show that mining in this sulphur pit still takes place. I am not sure anymore if pollution goes on but ill advice the good people who browse my site you may not want to eat the fish anywhere near this creek.

Tammy and I enjoyed exploring the Leviathan area despite the mining area that was off limits we found many areas that are public areas to hike around in. The forest around here is much different then other areas of the sierras. This forest is very thick there is a wider variety of trees found in this area then other parts of the sierras I hiked in. I found that a bit unusual but also unique at the same time.

This peak is very large and we explored what we could which included a hillside in the woods where we found a couple old wood miners cabins. When I went hiking here I found a mans shoe laying on its side just outside one of the cabins. Inside each cabin were the remnants of some old rusty bed springs. I also found an overgrown dirt road that led into a canyon so I feel there is allot more to see. This area is so heavily blanketed with trees that certain areas block out the sunlight.

The mine at the end of the road had a gate at the end of it with cameras and no trespassing signs. I am okay with not going near this mine lets face it its a sulphur pit so who the hell wants to smell farts while your hiking not even Bigfoot probably. However the mine is an open area what we care more about is what hides in the woods surrounding this peak.

I will say this I spent sometime doing photo shooting up here as from the peak there is a wonderful view of Lake Heenan from up here and the snow capped sierras. I will also say that the road that follows the edge of the mountain is the real deal if your into wilderness offroading.

I felt a little bit uneasy at the old Leviathan Camp something isn't right and I felt watched. The view of the mine from above the cliffs is awesome....the historic cabins are awesome and the woods that follow the meandering Leviathan creek is breathtaking. But not for a moment did I ever feel comfortable in these woods. I felt watched and I felt something ghostly living in those cabins. How do I know? I been doing this shit for years that's how and ill return. I will return with a team at night so we can gather some readings and get some night vision footage deep in the woods of the Leviathan mountain.

I feel our results here will be good just like any of our investigations listed in this report they are all prologue trips meaning will return to all these locations talked about. But each time we visit them the adventure will intensify will go in deeper and push harder till we find the evidence we are looking for. Some places will close our cases others will keep them open. Generally our Sasquatch case files are open since sightings are random. Ghost however are anywhere and everywhere we know there are ghost in these woods. We know there are ghost in Kongsberg hell its a ghost town but when your working with cryptids like Bigfoot patience and determination is the only way your going to produce results with this creature.

But what we do or do not know is when Bigfoot will cross that dirt road in front of you in these forest that surround this peak and other areas we visited in the Sierra's. So offroading plays a huge part in what we do that way we can get back to a secluded area then hike around gathering evidence. The problem is when you think your looking for this beast it is actually looking at you. Thermal Imagers would be awesome we just do not have one so instead we seek it out where that takes us and what we find in future years to come awaits.

Tammy and I were pretty exhausted we seen multiple rivers and creeks, offroaded, hiked for miles, toured historical sites and took the road that went to nowhere. We also toured three lakes this day and evening was starting to set on in.We tried to take a different road out of the peak however it was roughly 16 miles of treacherous road when all we had to do was turn around a few miles to reach pavement again. The only downside is instead of taking the pass down into the Carson Valley we had to go south into Mono County. We could see Yosemite as we took the Monitor Pass thousands of feet down into the valley where it came out at Lake Topaz.

Lake Topaz I visited a month ago to do a little fishing didn't catch anything but I had fun pulling up my truck right to the shore line and sitting on the back of my hatch smoking a cigar. This is the type of area that we do our investigations in. I never thought that there are so many secluded sites within this mountain range. But all them places have a story some of them may even be in Bigfoot's back yard.

We came down into Mono County and down Monitor Pass which by the way is very steep with lots of curves. It takes you from over 8000 feet down to around 4000 feet. It is not a pleasant ride although scenic and timeless in beauty this is not the road id want to bike on. Tammy and I earlier during the day passed many cyclist sadly there is no shoulder and there are many blind spots. The area I live has allot of cyclist they ride up to Tahoe...you see them on highways.....biking up mountains....on trails etc its very stressful trying not to hit them then worrying about them not watching you either. I was very happy to get out of the mountains and before it became dark do a little fishing.

Yes you heard me I went fishing at a hidden spot near my house where there are some of the best wild rapids in the state. You know your living the dream when you can chase Bigfoot, Ghost and then finish off the evening with a little trout fishing. People think because your a paranormal investigator that being human and living life is a sin. But paranormal investigators do lead a life just like anyone else. We do things just as anyone else and if you want to be a good paranormal investigator then you have to be comfortable being outdoors. Living out here allows me to enjoy the outdoors on every level. I can fish then turn around investigate the paranormal then offroad to nowhere smoking one and end up back in civilization just like that. Mother nature in this region is abundant and that is what is offered to us thus we take fully advantage of it and with that in mind all the other puzzle pieces will fall into place.

I look forward to my return I believe our next trip to this area will be exploring some mines in the area and we may try to get in closer to some of the caves we found here and maybe further examine some other river banks in the region. Were getting ready to recruit another cryptozoologist to our team and parapsychologist so that we can produce more evidence and finds. We have allot of work ahead of us and I could sit here all night telling everyone about the places we go but rather wait till you see some of the killer photography we took up here. I took a few videos from the region as well and when we can get some of our previous work up onto our site ill be looking forward to sharing the hard work we performed at these locations. We also will look forward to revisiting these areas for more intense research.
Regards,
Lord Rick
Founder

Profile E-mail