The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My Investigation Of Alpine Washoe Cemetery 6/18/11
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

I have to say with all due honesty that this cemetery is by far one of the most haunted burial grounds I been to in a couple years. The cemetery resides up in the sierras nestled back on a dirt road its very old most of the burials here are from the Washoe tribe although their is segregation as one part of the cemetery seems to be of a different ethnicity

This was a very special investigation for our group as it was Rascals first investigation. For those that are not aware Rascal is our newest team member he is an American bulldog with extremely good hearing and scent.

.Since the warmer weather is here many of the roads are now unlocked going into the high sierras so this investigation would be a mix of ghosthunting and bigfoot searching.

Tammy and I left fairly late later then usual however for us we live at the lower end of the sierras so within miles we are in the wilderness its amazing.

Tammy and I would have another crazy night of investigating which would turn out some pretty good results. Our journey would begin here and by the end of the night we ended up camping on out which was allot of fun.

Alpine Cemetery

When you pull into this place it is a bit intimidating lots of woods down a narrow rough dirt road. There are no lights out here and allot of the cemetery is overgrown. Many of the ancient pines grow right amongst the grave stones hence how this place received its name.

I was surprised how large this burial ground is it actually goes into the woods and on different areas of the hillside that its built on. Many of the graves are from the 1800's some of them are badly damaged while others are just weathered from the elements.

Tammy went to the back of the cemetery to take some readings I was not anywhere nearby when the meters went off like crazy. By the time I arrived with the video camera it stopped. Then I started filming called out the two lone graves by there name and our EMF spiked again like crazy. I have this on night vision video problem is I was robbed on July 2nd and the footage was on that camera bastards that is all I have to say.

Anyhow we spent sometime walking around reading grave markers the moon was almost full and the flat was half mast. Some graves had fresh flowers while other ones had burials with just a little dirt cover the coffin.

This cemetery is an odd place their is allot of cold spots, movement, shadows and like I said the EMF readings we took near two of the grave markers were off the charts. One thing I know I can count on is our scientific read outs they tell the real story.

Since this was our first investigation here we decided to work this place a few more times. I mainly took photos, evps and videos. Problem is everything was stolen accept for the photos so expect me to return here to work with the most haunted section of the cemtery which is two lone graves across this dirt road.

Another thing about the cemetery is that it is surrounded by the high sierras on every end this includes thick woods. I heard something in those woods I cannot say what it is but there were parts of this investigation I felt watched.

I know there are ghost here and this cemetery is a jewel unlike most cemeteries we go that are dead quiet not this one. I think that if I took a group of folks out with me to this place they would be astonished by the amount of activity that is here.

This would be really our only investigation of the night although I was trying to scout for Bigfoot I did actually up our adventure to a more intense level.

Tammy and I drove to a small mountain mining town just down the road from the cemetery where a black bear crossed the road in front of us. This bear had to be no more then a month old super adorable but he was scared. My dog started looking up at him in the tree barking and the bear was staring down at us as I tried to get his photo.

I did not hang around long I knew momma was probably nearby but I thought it was the oddest thing to see a bear walking downtown Markleeville lol. I drove around we found an old jail, school house and black smith. They were closed so id have to return during the day if I wanted to tour them which we did do.

Tammy and I drove down this one road to some hot springs she was shaken about the bear and really wasn't feeling into the whole night hike woods thing lol. On the other hand I can careless about bear and beasties the forest is my second home lol.

Tammy and I did our weekly Sasquatch patrol as we took many dirt roads through the woods. I did not notice anything strange but that does not mean something isn't out there. Bigfoot sightings near Markleeville are not rare trust me I been hiking up there and there is so many places anything can hide. But at night its fair game so we spent sometime looking. I wish we had that equipment that measures body heat but its just out of my budget so we have to search for Sasquatch using a different method which works just as well for our group.

Strangely I ended up taking this dirt road that followed this creek along this canyon with no guard rails so I had to be really careful going up to the top of this mountain. Some of the drop offs were very high up and the road was very narrow and rugged. When I almost made it halfway we stopped on a plateau which overlooked the mountains all around us. I spent about an hour there no results so we went further up the mountain again following this cliff which led us to an area nestled in the woods where I felt was a good area to look for Bigfoot.

I set up a bait trap with chicken it didn't work nothing came for it not even an animal. Tammy and I went to sleep in the truck. I was woken up by something not sure what it was but I thought I heard some kind of loud scream from miles away. I would believe it considering recently I heard a similar one up at a place called Devils Ladder.

I do think that I am closing on Bigfoot really fast it will not be an easy task for me to get this creature on camera trust me. They only come out at night most of the time and they are very elusive.

When we left the area the sun was coming up really fast and it was nice because it was our first night we spent in the Sierra Nevada's sleeping here. Well not my first night I use to camp back in 2008 out in the high sierras. But it was our first sleep over investigation in 2011 and its hard to say what happened we were on this big mountain in the middle of nowhere.

Bigfoot could have came up to my window looked at me and walked off. I would have never known it because I dozed off. However Rascal our paranormal dog was guarding me all night and he didn't alert me to anything. Although he did pick up on a scent earlier during the investigation and his nose was going off like mad so who knows. This is why we have him on our team he is an asset to us and can track just about anything including cryptids. Sometimes when I am up in the sierras I heard things I cannot explain but the things I do not hear I know Rascal will be able to which is very beneficial to our investigations.

Lord Rick
Founder

Profile E-mail