The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Birthday Expedition To Pyramid Lake & BERLIN May 28th 2011
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:53 am 
Site Admin

The best holiday gift you can give a paranormal investigator is chilling for the day at two very unique areas. One area is an ancient native American cultural site while the other is a piece of western American history. Both said to have strange tales and thus we are chasing both legend and myth.

It was my birthday and everyone knows that each year near or on I always do something spectacular for our friends of The Paranormal & Ghost Society. As also some of you know I celebrate my special day for 7 to 8 days I feel as if I almost celebrating Hanukkah only in May and phuck I am not even Jewish lol.

Anyhow with all joking aside this was an epic Lord Rick trip some of you are going to love it and you'll want to see more. While others will not understand our satire or our cause.

It was a very exciting day for me as the night before Tammy and my kids took me to B'Sghetti's it was a very good restaurant. I had some kick as ravioli drank tall ales till I got tipsy and listened to some LIVE jazz music. It was a night ill never forget and as a paranormal investigator I take all the risk so I am entitled to a night out now and then right?:)

The next morning I woke up about 6am it was time to head on out. I opened my gifts I have now a new computer desk its bomb, L.A. Noire for Xbox BTW you can add me on the PS3 and Xbox at AngelOfThyNight I am more then happy to do some online gaming with our friends and fans its all good. I think if the haters would stop making websites libeling my good name and played some call of duty with me it might change there outlook on things maybe not ass clowns are ass clowns right? lol

Anyhow I was excited I also was given a bunch of new clothes some of them for my investigations. I burn through allot of clothes sad to say I rip my clothes on allot of hikes when I climb rocks and into caves. Sometimes I rip my pants so bad my ass in hanging out lucky for me no Sasquatches have tried to nail me then we might have an issue.

The skies were dreary the trip to San Francisco had to be canceled POUTS but we did end up staying ahead of this storm for a bit heading north east to Pyramid Lake then afterwards Berlin which btw is one of the most kick ass ghost towns I ever investigated trust me on this.

In addition to this report is a mystery spot I found accidentally on one of the reservations which ill include half way into this report about it nothing but pure urbex. On occasion I trespass why lie leaving nothing but foot prints take nothing but photos. Urban exploration is not fun unless your willing to take the risk but let me add its important to use your better judgement as well. We live in a country full of abandoned historic sites if you or I do not get the film how will such places be remembered when demolished. Lets us build off of that my friends and keep in mind preservation is one of our causes.

Nothing excites me more then packing up my truck and heading out to the unknown. Ill take the road less traveled and due to that factor I have seen in the last few years of my life breathtaking locations. I have no regrets relocating out west I have seen so much in such a short time out here and Pyramid Lake is just an example of that.

Prior to heading on out Tammy surprised me with IHOP and I had cinnamon apple hot cakes it was so freaking good. I enjoy dinners before and after our trips with our team. In my case my team is Tammy and sometimes my sons who have learned allot about the outdoors the last couple of years and safety. Anyhow I asked the waitress what I get for my birthday and she says ice cream. That is when I thought dang should have gone to Dennys which reminds me of why I generally do at least there for your birthday they feed you.

What I like about what I do is not knowing what we might come across. I take everything I do with a grain a salt as that is how a paranormal investigator should condone themselves. Not everything is about ghost nor is everything about aliens. Sometimes some places are worth visiting that have metaphysical occurrences or rather a place that may serve as some historic value such as Berlin. BTW for those of you that do not know Berlin is one of the greatest ghost towns in the wild west. Its what paranormal investigators dream about doing and I did it up our adventure begins here!

Pyramid Lake

There are many sites surrounding the lake and many caves with possible petroglyphs. Since this was my first trip my goal was to walk on the beach and hike around the lake a bit to see if I could find anything strange. Since this area borders the black rock desert this is an ancient place with many accumulated tales and perhaps even secrets.

When I arrived at the lake there were 7 rangers and allot of tribal police. Recently someone vandalized a few of the sacred sites here so they are closed to the public. I will talk to the state on seeing if they can get me in since our aim is preservation.

Right now it is so limited where you can go and cannot go here. It saddens me because I am a free bird let the wind blow my hair and just take the road less traveled. But here at Pyramid Lake most sites are closed unless you stay on the beach.

Camping here is about 10 dollars and you can pitch a tent right on the lake. I think I am going to camp out here the beautiful pyramid rock formations over the pale greenish blue water is worth a thousand tokes man a thousand tokes.

Tammy was offroading while I did some filming here. I really did not get into filming till about two years ago. Sometimes I rather film then take photos that way some of you can feel the investigation and see it with me if that makes sense.

I photographed an old water tower which was on the reservation. We also stopped at the local general store which offers fishing licenses and things of that sort.

Tammy and I took a walk on the beach the water had white caps and was choppy. There was fog all over the mountains and briefly it rains. The weather was not looking up my son found a bone on the beach maybe the jaw bone of a lizard.

We went miles down this dirt road some jack ass went around me threw dust all over my truck then went off to a forested lush area on this peninsula. I was pissed thought to myself if the phuckers get a flat I am going to moon them and leave them with dust. I got mad who wouldn't this is why most of Pyramid Lake is closed because of jack asses not acting appropriate.

I gave the finger anyway's so my point was made it was my birthday I had plans big plans. We had plans to visit the rocks which extend out into the water. The rocks are pyramid shaped and in a very secluded area of the lake.

There was a sand storm on the beach where rock formations towered above the water with shear drop offs along there edges. We realized that not all of what we seen was sand but an actual geothermal project. Basically mist and perhaps water was spraying up around the beach fogging up the formations. Due to this I really captured some spectacular photography.

I wanted to visit the formations but the area was closed and again I used my better judgement turned around unlike the abandoned school house I found after my exploration here.

This is what I meant by closed off areas however all is not lost if I purchase a boat ill dock up near the formations and visit the area by water. There are many years of work ahead of us here at PGS and I can assure you the last 10 years been stellar but these next 10 years will be EPIC that is my promise to our viewers and loyal supporters.

Tammy and I stopped at these rock formations which looked like fossilized coral and plant life. At one time a sea or ocean covered this land so fossils are quite common. We climbed pretty high up captured a family photos.

Below the rock formations we took a short break that is when Tammy seeing a giant lizard come on out onto a rock near us. The lizard had stripes on it and it was over a foot long with a very thick girth of possibly five to six inches across. When the lizard ran off two smaller ones came out and I believe I photographed them for the website. They may have been mating or just coming out due to curiosity.

My son found a cave with a dead rabbit missing its eyes in it while another cave may have been a lions den. I filmed both just to document it Just as we found a few small caves off in the mountains I could find many more. It makes you wonder if there are some decent caves in the area or even hidden ones.

I seen a dust devil or rather a sand tornado off in the distance. It had to be almost a 100 feet in height and was spinning equivalent to and F1 tornado it was amazing. To see something like this on birthday is awesome not your typical day but it worked for me.

We had other adventures in mind so it was time to head on off this is an area id like to work with more. There are some ghost stories associated with the lake and some historic sites. Sadly they are being closed due to vandals who are ruining it for history buffs like me who just want to adventure and toke one in peace.

Personally ill try to do my best to work at showing off this areas historic value and maybe others will join in on preserving this location. This will allow them to reopen some of the areas but if not we will try to talk with the local tribe on getting in since we do visit many native American sites. Such sites help others understand how important it is to take care of these lands which belong to the native American people.

The dirt road out of here was a quiet ride I had did allot of filming and was pretty content with the area. I did not hear any crying babies or see any UFO's but I have to admit the fog made the lake a bit more intimidating. Although this is not the largest lake I read there is 188 square miles surrounding this lake.

I would like to eventually get others involved in camp outs here or a few hikes. Sadly right now we have no investigators. Most have dropped out due to personal fears while others are just not reliable. Before I start doing camp outs ill be putting together a team by summer where will return and do something more in depth.

There are some strange stories associated with the lake we hope to unveil and unmask some of these.

My next area would take me to a historic site trust me I took a trip back east and never once left home.

Wadsworth Historic School

The words do not define this beautiful building as it sits in despair. Unfortunately having the children with me I did a mild exploration of the site. I would like to return get some more photos of the building and videos. When I say Urbex this place has it written all over this historic structure.

I am open to the fact that this school may be also haunted at least being a parapsychologist for many years I was not thrilled with going into a dark basement without any light. I went to the back of the school some wood doors were slightly ajar I went inside and seen a series of passages with pipes.

I could not go very far the debris caused me to stumble a bit thus I did not want to go back to the car to get a light so I just took a few photos.

When I entered the school grounds there was many folks out and about. Children played in front of the school house. I walked onto the lot and there it stood the school house surrounded by dead dry brush. It almost has an eerie feeling as some of the boards on the windows are missing.

As I walked around the building I thought I seen an old chalk board. There was a window on the side knocked out leading into the basement. Basements out west are somewhat rare so its a treat to be able to stick your head in basements and talk to the dearly departed.

There was a native American man he felt extremely threatened by my presence and I understand I was walking around the reservation. But I want the Native American people to know that PGS cares and respects these places. As a matter in fact I am not Native American but allot of my views are similar. We do respect the spirit and all non to living things.

I can read others sadly its a gift I wish I never had but I felt by his stare he was prejudice against me which saddens me. It saddens me because our site is directed at preserving native American history by documenting these sites so others can appreciate them. To learn the Native American way you must make pilgrimages to such sites and this school house is as historic as you can find in the Western United States. I will bet my ass left and right cheek that this structure is haunted and toking up in the bell tower is on my agenda lol.

Anyhow on a serious note I did take a fairly long video which takes you around the building and at the basement entrance. I also took some good photos there beautiful and in the future we may do a return trip here.

I did this location alone it was sort of a birthday present to myself. Its one of those things that calls out to you when driving past. You see this deplorable school house with giant steps...cracked columns and crumbling walls which expose the brick make it a very exciting urbex eh?:)

My hope is that this school house is restored sadly many of the reservations suffer from poverty it is sad. It is sad that we came to the new world and took this land. In a way if I ever was president one of my goals would be to help better the lives of the Native American people it would that I could promise. Sadly the world may not be ready for this gothic president but nonetheless my quest for the truth is a far greater goal.

Is this school haunted you will find out or we will let your imaginations run wild. I will say that I looked down one of the halls and inside a bathroom painted blue with a wood wall. The entire inside is mainly composed of oak but the school looks as if someone went in vandalizing it there is glass is all over and walls have holes in them.

I rushed back to the truck had a bunch of stickers in my clothes from wading in the brush while filming. I did take a photo of myself standing in front of the school which ill post on facebook. Later will get this on the site probably in a month or so. You can add me on facebook at www.facebook.com/AngelOfThyNight I am cool with that.

After the school we grabbed lunch up near Fernley at Arbys. Not sure if my black nails frightened them but I certainly did not receive my order of french fries. I am saddened how easy it is for society to shun or prejudge someone. Some of the smaller towns folks have not heard yet of the Lords travels if they did they might have given me the fries. I hiked my ass off and was pretty sad that on my birthday I didn't get my french fries:( pouts.

Anyhow we were into the better half of the afternoon it was time to get cruising. We had about a 130 mile ride to Berlin and had to get out there prior to dark so we could finish off our prologue exploration of that area.

Berlin Nevada & Ichthyosaur's

This was a good jaunt out here and on my way I passed sand mountain. I almost passed up Berlin to go four wheeling but the thought of hiking around a gloomy ghost town excited me a bit. A ghostbuster can never say no to an eerie place like Berlin.

I noticed there are no towns out this way we even drove through salt flats. I ended up driving through the Toiyabe National Forest which covers part of NV. The mountain range was very high we were at I believe 8000 feet. The forest thickened and the limestone canyons looked very interesting to explore.

As I came over the mountains it reverted back to desert as we went into the Ione Valley. I seen sandy hills miles away and an eternal desert. We were breaking out of the storm clouds and I felt free as the skies above us were blue. This would not last long as gray dark skies moved on in.

This part of NV is a free range meaning wild horses and cattle are abound. I stopped on the road to let a group of cattle cross. Meanwhile I photographed and video taped some wild cattle by my window. They were not happy with my presence I am almost sure the bull was getting ready to charge my truck lol.

Across the valley miles away I could see the ghost town of Berlin up on the mountain side. The concrete road would end eventually taking us up a series of rolling dirt roads. I had fun going up and down them unfortunately I would pay the price read onward you'll understand.

When I pulled up onto the ghost town I was greeted with many wood cabins most are locked up due to the fact that theft has taken place. Behind the town is union canyon which turns into a very lush forest just a mile or two away.

The large mill stands out as it graces the hill side and behind it are mines. These mines are quite intricate I did not go in them but I may come back pay for a tour of them. You cannot go wrong with miles of tunnels underground its another world in itself.

I pulled right up into the ghost town there was many structures on three tiers. There were some foundations while other wood cabins remained intact. The Berlin Mill and Machine Shop next door are very large structures so they stand on out the most.

There was one other family here exploring the town. I would later come to find out the guys wife watched me do a film here mentioning the paranormal. He came up to Tammy asking for a card and it turns out they live fairly close to me. It is a small world and over the years it has been interesting meeting so many different souls.

I went down into the valley where we visited a cemetery. Only a few graves stand a few hundred feet from the town. I get the feeling there are some unmarked grave sites here. Most of the wrought iron is torn down and it is very over grown by desert brush.

After this I visited two water tanks followed by a climb up into the stamp mill and machine shop I was quite pleased at how intact Berlin is. All the buildings here were made of wood most of the windows were rectangular shaped. There was a machine in the back of the shop and I stood at the bay door watching the storm from the west roll on in. It looked like a fierce wall of darkness!

I decided to investigate the mill which by the way has five stories but I realized that by the time I reached the third story the flooring further up was loose and missing. I thought earlier during my hike I seen something in the mills tower. I know there is a machine at the lookout point of some kind but I still am sure something was standing up there looking down at us.

The mill is the finest one I have visited since I been on the west coast. There are brick walls within the mill and a variety of machines. There are grinders and giant wheels it truly is amazing.

On the second floor there was a barrel and on the third floor you could see a couple dozens of wood beams holding up some of the higher floors. The higher floors are not safe but the mill is in restoration so that eventually others can enjoy it safely. I took full video footage inside the mill using night vision its not to bad you get to see a look inside prior to its restoration:).

There is an eeriness about this mill I just cannot pin point it but if I ever felt watched this was it. Here I am walking up old wood steps in this mill. Climbing higher walking across planks it was quite the experience. What I liked about this mill is allot of the old machinery remained. Up above me were planks which led to higher floors and behind the mill was an intact trestle with a mine cart still on it tipped over on its side.

Nearby I seen a rabbit sitting on a wood beam. The rabbit allowed me to get a few feet from here and I tried to photograph the little guy or girl didn't check who knows. That is when my kids told me this is the same area they seen a rattle snake. This raised a concern due to the fact that snakes do not like brisk winds and colder temperatures. But if this snake was slithering around outdoors and not under a warm rock it means that it is hunting for food. I think about how much brush I walked past visiting foundations and sites within Berlin not once being bit. But the truth is all snakes can and will bite it is there nature so I have learned that even in cooler temperatures they can come out and they can kill with a single strike.

I climbed the hill or as I call it the sea of minerals since it technically is the debris pile below the mine. There were pieces of copper and other minerals climbing up and down the pile was rather interesting. I filmed myself going down a debris pile its actually a safety video you will either learn or your laugh your ass off what can I say.

The main mine is connected to the backside of the mill which I recorded readings and EVP's here. The EMF did go off briefly in the mill but it was not strong. In simple context I feel a presence within the higher levels of the mill maybe someone feel to there death and near the main mine entrance. More or less there is energy here and with sunset within a foggy dark setting this became a very unique investigation. I can see this area having potential so a follow up investigation will be necessary.

Back in one of the canyons we found an old wood structure which was perhaps the third largest. There was a few fenced off mines and a very old stone structure built into the hill crumbling like ancient Rome. I also found out in the desert the remains of an adobe building and another foundation made out of cobble stones.

Parts of the town exist while other parts are just mere foundations. Many machines including an antique car scatter the ghost town along its streets. I told Tammy that if a pioneer were to travel into the valley you probably could see the dim lights from this town 50 miles away.

I also passed by on the hiking trail the remnants of an old saloon and further up into Union Canyon is a suburb of Berlin called Union. I actually investigated an abandoned house in Union and took photos of giant evergreens growing through the roof of another abandoned wood structure.

There is so much history here and one of Nevada's higher mountains overlooks Berlin still covered in snow at the end of May even. Union canyon runs right through the Shoshone Mountains. The Shoshone people believed in what you or I call the hollow earth. One must wonder if an entrance in this mountain range exist as the area is vast and Berlin is a very quiet ghost town.

The family that was exploring the area took on off he was a nice guy we talked for a bit while his wife and kid were back at there vehicle. He warned us that snow may be on the way it didn't worry me but I have learned that at anytime of year weather in these mountains can prove deadly. Just look at what happened at Donner Lake. The Donner Party was stuck due to snowy weather which didn't let up so the ones that perished from the cold were eaten so that they could survive.

Moments after the family left it started to snow a little for perhaps a few minutes. It gave the town a cozy appeal to it. I personally felt pressed to beat the poor weather coming in a storm was brewing. I know that across the globe many records are being broken between tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and even ice age related weather. I would learn quickly what an ice age might be like as the temperature dropped during my hike around Berlin.

When the family left for some reason I felt a bit more helpless. I knew that if something were to happen like the truck not starting that I would have no signal to call for help or anyone I could rely on. Although a ranger lives on site not once did they ever come on out so Berlin is rather desolate. Due to the storm nobody was coming or going from here this I knew.

I took some pretty bad ass photos here not a bad birthday to spend up here afterall the ride was desolate so it was well earned. They say the best ghost town in all of NV is Berlin I would say Virginia City however they are a semi ghost town since everything has been restored and is open to the public. Berlin however is a real ghost town with some structures being locked or like on one porch an old iron stove left behind. Another example is an old rocker rocking in the wind next to a table full of glass shards found amongst the ruins.

Within town were also a few outhouses back in the day there were no toilets so a few of these I found behind the cabins. On another tier was the Diane Mine which is locked on up but it connects to the Berlin mine which sits behind the mill. This town was quite advanced and when some of you see the footage here you will be breathless.

Speaking of breathless we were almost at 7000 feet and I noticed during the hike the air was very thin. It was harder for me to catch my breath as I did allot of running so that I could photograph every structure and relevant site.

In the canyon it was woodsy and the dirt road was a bit rough. There was a few folks hiking and camping as it started to rain here. It must had been a rough memorial weekend for some folks as I heard on CNN Nevada had some record breaking lows and snow storm weather throughout the state. I know I was in it and had to go through the entire storm to get home safely.

My last stop after visiting some sites up in Union was the Ichthyosaur fossil site. I drove my truck up this switchback and up onto a plateau. There was fog surrounding the mountains the smell of fresh firewood caught my nose. So did some of that ewwwy gooey herb after toking it lol. If the world was like Cheech and Chong it would be a utopia....war would no longer exist amen!

Anyhow there is a structure and mural site which has fossils of two Ichthyosaur's. I never heard of these creatures but on the back side of the parking area they had a concrete wall with a painting of one in comparison to its size. In simple terms this creature looks like a whale and is the size of a school bus.

It is amazing how this creature once swam through this canyon and in what is known presently today as Berlin NV. I did a bit of hiking around the area found a few smaller fossils at the dig site and some shiny volcanic rock.

I toked one up trust me it was to honor the Ichthyosaur's. Thus this area is now a state park which has consumed Berlin thus making it one of the only state parks in NV to boast a ghost town. The views from up on this ridge were very beautiful and I found a series of old mill ruins. I bet when the mill was built and operable those men had no knowledge that a few feet away were two large Ichthyosaur's.

There were many trails in the area would have loved to hike but the snow and sleet was on and off. The weather was getting shitty it was time to head for home. I had really extensively explored the town and found a few future camp sites where maybe I could set up camp and do a night investigation of Berlin down the road. Rascal would be involved as you know very soon my dog will be involved with some team functions.

As I made my way back to the truck my son claimed I dropped something down the road and he seen it. You see how valuable it is to have others watch your back. Whether its friend or family I hope I can put together a team that will carry over this concept.

I did rush out of Berlin the storm was moving in across Ione Valley and I knew when I got up into the mountains I would hit snow. Sadly I was mistaken as only a few miles outside of Berlin I encountered a flat tire.

We ran into many issues such as with the spare then the jack was bent so it would not jack my truck high enough. Sadly after going under the truck and trying to jack it up without causing the jack would prove difficult. We spent almost an hour changing the tire and the snow storm hit us hard during it.

I remember not being able to feel my hands and thought to myself last year around this time I was stuck out in Modena UT. I had many issues to deal with one was the cold the second was the fact that I was wet. I have photos to show our viewers and a possible video that was taken during this trial and tribulation of us successfully getting out of here.

As the snow started to set in visibility became very poor Tammy was helping me and by the fourth attempt the jack finally locked in and I could get the truck high enough for the spare. I was worried due to the fact that the flat tire came down hard on the rotor as I tried to remove it then the jack slipped so if any of the bolts were damaged it meant that the spare would be useless. Luckily it was not and eventually we put on the tire.

We have no idea how we blew a flat there is no exterior damage to the rear tire but it lost all its air just as I left Berlin. Due to the storm warnings we were stuck in the middle of Ione valley with no towns or service for many miles. I was not spending the night here and when we drove on off we lucked out the storm was so bad I could barely see the road in front of us as the road was blanketed in snow.

Last year if some of you remember I went to a ghost town went offroading to visit another ghost town and blew two flats. I drove on the spare tire rim for many miles spent the night in the ghost town only to receive help from the locals.

This year I didn't spend the night but I blew a flat froze my ass off in the snow just like last year we were stuck in a storm that hit Modena Utah. Not only that but I went to roll down my windows due to the fact my trucks heat went out so the defroster was not working properly. Well my luck sucks balls and my window short circuited so it didn't go up. Tammy looks at me and says you got to be goddamn kidding me. All that we thought couldn't go wrong did. So here I am driving snow flakes are freaking whacking me in the face I am swearing in Italian.....the kids are snoring.....and here I am freezing my ass off from being soaking wet due to the fact I was trying to fix a flat tire in the ice cold rain.On top of it the truck was blowing air conditioning not heat causing my fingers to petrify as if Medusa glanced at me.

After twenty miles my window worked I rolled it up but the visibility was poor and I drove through shit for three hours. When we were changing the tire I started singing Happy Birthday To Me....you would to knowing that you might spend the night in the middle of the desert in subzero temps lol. Since NV has a free range in most of the state I was worried that I might hit a cattle with the poor visibility so we had to be very pretentious.

Luckily for us the tire held up and when we reached a gas station I bought myself a hot coffee and I put that shit right between my legs to keep my family jewels nice and warm. The coffee became cold real quick so I realized that I was like Mr Frost you touch something and it freezes just ask Tammy who witnesses my window freezing right after the flat tire. Just pure madness epic Lord Rick doozies serious! lmao

Anyhow I did get home okay its always nice to see my pets I have two unique dogs and a lion here at my house. No worries folks its a miniature lion I promise he wont eat you.

So that is how I spent my birthday and I have to say its perfect. Granted I didn't eat a cake or blow on any candles but I did almost die on my birthday. Very few people get to almost die on there birthdays then turn around and laugh about it so you see things happen for a reason.

Who knows what secrets Berlin holds I heard of ghost stories. Perhaps bigfoot roams the forest behind the town or maybe strange lights are seen hovering across Ione's valley floor. Maybe beneath the town within those dark tunnels are Berlins ghost of the past which roam. Perhaps the dearly departed watch the town below five stories above in the old mill or maybe they weep at the grave yard due to the fact they are forgotten.

I know one thing I will never forget and with all the wonderful work up here it is going to wow our viewers as we will give you a tour of the fossil site and Berlin. We hope that we can bring tourism to the area which means more donations which also means that the restoration of the old mill can began which in turn will allow others to enjoy what I was able to when I explored it.

Also I have read about a hundred miles maybe less from here there have been a series of disappearances. The area around Berlin is vast like most of this region in NV. I am trying to tour the area I want to find out what strange things exist in the rural parts of northern NV and areas like the Black Rock Desert. Anything from UFOs to Bigfoot to ghost that haunt these mines and desolate ghost towns.

After crossing five counties on my birthday conquering the elements arriving home beat down only to find over two hundred birthday messages. This is my reasoning for continuing my work its because of the great people who I can call friends to The Paranormal & Ghost Society, AngelOfThyNight Radio and most importantly me. I value your friendship and it warmed my heart to know that I have your support no matter what we do or where we go. Although I lived free I worked hard to give a little gift in return so in reality that is what made this trip unique.

All in all I would love to return here the woods and hiking trails might be a good place to further explore afterall Berlin spreads out into the canyon. There are many intact structures here to investigate although some are closed off peering into the windows is a nice little adrenaline rush I have to admit. Not to mention that you can camp right near the Joseph Henry Home which is unique and not something many of us get to do.

Touring the town made me wonder if the residents ever felt fearful of there seclusion in such a remote region. It must had been intense for some residents of Berlin to have to see storms come on in from the west crossing the Ione valley wreaking havoc.

Lastly I read that at one time Berlin and Union had dozens of structures almost 80 percent of them have been decimated or removed by vandals. We hope by adding such locations to our site in some way shape or form we can preserve what is left for our viewers to enjoy.

I am also starting to find out that just because the weather in the morning is fairly pleasant does not mean that you will not transition from spring to winter in a matter of hours thus always bringing warm clothes on any trip that involves this region we are based in. I also found out that most gas stations do not carry socks and by the time you find one that does you have no toes left.

We gave our viewers over a decade now of entertainment, adventure, truth and friendship. Now were about to give all of you ten more. Getting older does not change the passion I have for the unknown. I am an explorer and these are my journeys.
Lord Rick
Founder
Author, Talk Show Host and Producer
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

PS We took loads of photos and video footage at these locations so that our viewers can get a better feel for the area when we return for future investigations. Much more remains to be seen I will ensure that follow ups will take place and will be looking for volunteers to assist us.

Profile E-mail