The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My Exploration Of Rancho San Rafael On May 21st 2011
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 am 
Site Admin

I have to admit this was more of a pleasure trip but nonetheless PGS is a site that entertains and we wow our viewers at times. I wanted to wow our fans with something a bit more sentimental yet very historic.

San Rafael is a state park but its also the site of a true explorer....old farmstead and many gardens. Tammy mentioned a dinosaur and dragons exhibit so I loaded up my kids and we made a day of it.

I would like to go back here to investigate the mansion but time will tell as I meet with many paranormal enthusiast in the area. We are now starting to get a good foot hold in the region and people out in this area want to be a part of it. Visiting San Rafael just shows how beautiful of a location that we are based in.

Reno has many historic sites but in my opinion this was one of the most beautiful. Reno also has allot of crime sadly their are not enough cops patrolling as opposed to some of the smaller towns. I do believe that the state needs a new governor and I may run in the future. Reno is a beautiful city so some of these locations like San Rafael are new to me.

Anyhow it did not cost me one red cent to walk around this place only the museum. So I am very pleased to finally see a park that doesn't charge afterall gas prices are so high. I have no issue donating to such parks and sites but I like to do so freely. One of my goals as the founder of PGS is preservation thus some of the places we visit no longer stand or stand due to the fact we worked hard to expose such locations. We can only hope that our additions to our site will draw in tourism to such places like these so that they can continue to capture the hearts and minds who appreciate such beauty.

When I approached the site I parked at the old farm house it was locked down no tours but I enjoyed walking on the brick walkways. The house also had a wall around it and ivy growing everywhere. There was an area you could picnic here I thought about it trust me I did.

Rancho San Rafael

Behind the house was a series of many trails all of them through various gardens. I mainly photographed the trees but the garden has hundreds of plant species. The smell here is so beautiful that I literally stood in the middle of the gardens sniffing everything and anything.

There is a lake back here which we hiked to and the amount of wildlife I seen here was amazing. I photographed a lizard perched on a stone, giant coy, butterfly and even some geese. The geese were amazing I sat right down next to the baby geese, mother and well the father wasn't to keen on joining me. I filmed the geese please feel free to give me a like on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tNvbaI9Oo I cherish nature and we hope you do to. I am lucky enough that they were comfortable enough to stay with me while I did my filming.

We did walk around the lake and passed many gazebos. It is hard to believe that at one time this was a ranch because today there are so many beautiful trees blooming. I really came out of here with some killer photos. I once again came face to face with this blue bird I see on many of my explorations. I never can get a solid photo of this species as its always on the move and they love to tease me by getting in my face strutting there shit then flying off before my camera powers on up lol.

Tammy and I visited the labyrinth although I expected a maze its more of a path that you follow through the gardens. Nearby are many other buildings on site probably at one time part of the ranch. It would be interesting to get readings on the inside.

We did take readings I believe we had one EMF reading but since there is power now running on the property its hard to tell if it was ghostly or caused by something else. I did do an EVP session here prior to entering the museum.

I have to say I was disappointed with the dragon and dino exhibit. Sure there was a few wood murals I was able to stick my face in and smile. But there were no bones or really useful information. Most of the exhibits were electronic and the Chinese dragons exhibit had mannequins that were made to look Asian but actually were not Asian so yeah a bit odd.

I was felt a little let down I spent almost 40 dollars to get in a museum that had a few paintings but nothing that really stood on out. I thought the Trex was cool and their was one dinosaur I stuck my arm in its mouth screaming scaring everyone ha.

There was a few descriptions but everything was mainly visual. They had a lake monster also my son said hey dad is that the one that lives in Lake Tahoe lol. I thought to myself man that boat sounds good right about now but we have decided were buying a boat so I can give tours and when friends come on out I can take them boating cool huh?

I did film a video in the museum walking around and visited the museums store but for 40 dollars I spent maybe 10 minutes inside then I was wishing to be back out roaming the gardens again lol. I felt ripped off considering half of the museum was a gift shop. I am not complaining but it was disheartening to be overcharged to see a few bulletin boards on where this dino eats and shits. Granted the suit of armor was cool id love to put it on and run around the grounds but that may not have gone over well with security.

I also was able to tour some old farm equipment as old as a century ago I thought that was pretty cool and I do think our members are going to enjoy this exploration. Maybe in the future will come back and explore some other areas of the grounds it may or may not produce better results.

After San Rafael we went to Joe's Diner up in Reno man that place is expensive. We spent almost 80 dollars to eat that is more then we spent at Sierra Brewery. So yeah its a bit steep if you ever venture up this way don't go to Joe's besides they do not have great Buffalo Wings they are soggy and well being a Buffalonian I love good food.

After our nice dinner we went up to the top of Mt. Rose its one of the highest peaks in the basin in NV. There was still a ton of snow up here but I got out for a few photos and may consider a Mt. Rose hike sometime this year to the peak.

On my way home we made one more stop which was Spooner Lake. Its a nice half mile hike through tall pines which end up taking you to this little secluded lake. I may or may not camp here bigfoot sightings at Spooner are rare due to how close south lake Tahoe is its a rather bustling area. However the lake is quiet nobody was up there and I went out onto a peninsula smoked some herb and headed for home.

My kids found a patch of ice daring me to jump on it and slide across. I did just that went on my belly and it felt pretty freaking good. If there were bigfoot prints I just slide over them here but no big deal afterall were based in one of the most active paranormal hotspots in the world.

It was quite an adventurous day and considering we have gone out exploring every week now for almost two months this truly was a beautiful day. I got to stand at one of the highest points in northern NV.....photograph nature.....hike around a woodsy lake....and see a part of American history how can you go wrong with that? Ghost or no ghost much remains to always be seen when you least expect it.

The gardens are a beautiful place meant to be appreciated the spirits are warm here and like most of the places we visit this is a world of its own. A world within a world is more like it! I have no doubt that eventually ill be returning to these places to unmask there paranormal secrets.

Lord Rick
Founder,
Author, Producer and Talk Show Host
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

Profile E-mail