The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My Adventure & Exploration Into Silver City, Gold Hill & Vir
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

One of my favorite locations to explore is a place often those refer to as Comstock Country. In between you have Silver City, Gold Hill and Virginia City. All three semi ghost towns border one another in the vast wildness of the Nevada mountains. Within those mountains are cemeteries, mines, abandonment's, historical sites, mills and roads that go to nowhere.

I have worked with each location a little upon my relocation to the area but had no explored the Comstock as thoroughly as I did yesterday. The reason for my trip was to tour the area learning its history and to find new locations that we could thoroughly do some paranormal investigations at. Not only that but I toured one of the largest concrete mills in the United States trust me its an urban explorers dream.

So far since my move to the area I have to say yesterday was one of our greatest adventures in a long time. We would encounter wildlife.....various bird species.....haunting cemeteries.....to even meeting other explorers. I would test my truck to its limits as we drove down some of the rockiest roads no car would ever make thus revealing some pretty cool locations.

I want everyone to keep in mind that all the locations that we toured will be visiting again as each place was an exploration. Most of the locations I visited are said to be paranormal hotspots whether this is a fact I really cannot tell you. I do know however some of the locations are deplorable such as cemetery graves crumbling or buildings collapsing. The work is ongoing however by us preserving such sites through our website we can only hope others will have the same respect I have for each location we visit.

Our journey would take us to Silver City Nevada, Silver City Cemetery, Gold Hill Nevada, Caledonia Mine Works, American Flats, Gold Hill Masonic Cemetery, Gold Hill Catholic Cemetery, Virginia City, Silver Terrace Cemeteries (Mason's, Pacific Coast Pioneers, Order Of Odd Fellows, Knights Of Pythias, Silver Terrace), Mt. St Mary's Cemetery, Storey Count Public, Ancient Order Of Redmen and Wilson Brown Funeral House Cemeteries and the Exempt Firemen Cemetery.

I spent allot of hard work on these locations as I left early in the morning and did not get home till late at night. I have done allot of traveling with PGS and although I love every location I investigate. I have to say the Silver Terrace Cemeteries in the Comstock may just be one of the most haunting pioneer cemeteries in the country. I have never in my journeys come across cemeteries such as these despite their dismal state they are beautifully dark. You will come to understand this over time as I will be working very hard in this 15,000 acre area which is full of paranormal, history and breathtaking locations.

Some would say I am lucky to live as close as I do to such an area ill explain later in my report. On my way up to the Virginia City area I was looking for a new camera. Eventually I am going to get a wide lens still waiting however on my infrared camera to arrive. This year has been a great year for our group we have lots of new gear and were working in an entirely new area which is full of many paranormal happenings.

This would not be the first time I visited this area as when I first moved here I did a day tour but did not extend my adventuring beyond the towns. Then a couple weeks ago I came up here at night to investigate and the activity I experienced was pretty intense. This time I expanded my search in canyons....up on cliffs....and testing my truck to its limits driving down rock roads to nowhere.

Tammy and I were very excited about this trip as we would be visited locations that are ghosthunters dreams. Its one of those things that you are so anxious you pack the gear early.....shop around for extra goodies...get some hot coffees.....smoke one and just adventure to the road that takes you nowhere. Even a decade later I still get very pumped up to explore. I have never lost that glimmer and honestly if you look at allot of other groups they eventually burn out.

For us 2011 is special as I opened my society in 2001 so we want to make this a good year. We want television producers to continue to consider us and others to see the hard work we continue to keep doing. This was a good week for me I am about to close the deal with three possible new investigators. We have new business cards I designed them and they are bomb. I actually left some of the cards in various shops in Virginia City so others could join and get involved.

Friday would be a special day as we are nearing some milestones with each investigation we get closer to. Not every investigation we do were going to gather evidence or find something. If you notice most television shows put a good show on when it comes to chasing ghost. But the real truth is not every investigation produces results. For me I know that if I return to some of these places will get the EVPs we want or ghostly pictures. The nice thing about our society is were a paranormal adventure group mixed in with Urbex. I work very hard at my photography because I want our viewers to feel as if they are standing right there with me. I also do allot of videos lately most of them will or have ended up on youtube as well.

So anyhow sorry this report is a little late I been working on a massive garden in my yard planting....tilling....putting in fence etc. Not to mention the fact that I am going through a custody battle for my youngest child which I wont this week physical custody of him. For those that are aware my kids do assist me in some of my investigations generally the safer explorations we do. In this case some of the locations I did visit this past Friday were not so safe so they had to sit this one out due to the fact that this exploration was intense perhaps even to intense for most.

I have spent awhile researching the area so allot of our trips and investigations will take place out in this region. Eventually will also be covering allot of locations in California and id like to get out to Oregon in the nearer future. As the weeks pass things will intensify within our society as I plan on giving our fans another decade soon of pure adventure nothing less but something more.

So with that in mind please lend us your support for our show, forums, adventures, website, donations, friendship etc What we do here is important and in a way were all about preservation because as you know some of these locations I am covering will be eventually gone, destroyed or even demolished.

For anyone who has not been out west the more I spend out here the more I fall in love with it. Many of the towns I visit are semi ghost towns.The Virginia City area is the type of place that you will see a Victorian mansion right next to a mine or an abandoned mill next to a saloon. There is no place like it on earth and now the Paranormal & Ghost Society is bringing you the start of great things to come. Keep in mind most reports will be very short as again this is my first tour and we have allot of work ahead of us in this region such as questioning the locals, research, paranormal evidence gathering and follow ups..

Silver City NV

This is one of the most significant locations in the state of NV. They do not call this the silver state for nothing so the area is extremely old. I can also say the area is haunted based on what occurred last week out here during one of my investigations.

The one adversity here is that their are dangers everywhere between mines and steep drop offs. When you enter into this city most of it sits on the hill sides. Its a rather eerie town as you enter into it there is a mine to your right then a few mill sites up on the ridge to your left.

I had stopped at one of the old mill sites to grab some photos there was actually mining going on at the time. Some of the mines in the area seemed to be active. You could see miners outside standing around talking as big machinery was in operation.

Silver City is not as active as Virginia City hell at night the only cars you ever see are ones passing through. Visiting here was not my first time as last week ago I drove down the dark streets of this once booming mining town. It also made me realize how secluded some places are minutes from historical sites.

I took this dirt road into a canyon which split off to the left and the right. The road to the right was overgrown and it went down into a wooded area. There was a creek at the bottom I did not find any historic sites. I noticed a fire pit which I thought was cool camping out here at night probably is great for stargazing and UFO watching.

Tammy and I would stop at a few historic structures. Some of the main ones were the Hardwicke House, Masonic Temple and one of the oldest the historic fire department. I found a school house on the hill and we drove past a few mansions in town. I am sure each one has a story just as each one has a haunt. We hope to eventually investigate many of the residents homes in this region so that others can understand this ongoing project we are working on.

I took this dirt road up to an old mine and ore chute then decided to follow the road which creeped along the edge of this cliff as it curved around the mountain. Tammy and I would park I photographed Devils Gate from above an area I toured a week ago. I did a hike in this canyon lined by trees many rock formations. Their were many mines one was collapsed the other one was sealed off. Off on the hill was an ore chute with a massive debris pile. I know that when you see debris piles as big as this one you could be looking at miles of tunnels and shafts.

I did not visit the mines but enjoyed the nice hike in the canyon and some women waved at me from on top of a mountain. I am not sure if they were teenage girls but as I told Tammy that despite the seclusion of this little town its very much alive. You have folks drinking in the saloon....backpackers....others out in their yards which might be on the hillside looking down at you.

The view from atop of the mountain was stellar. I could see a mountain range covered in snow while below I could see a high desert valley. When I photographed Devil's Gate I would however face an obstacle. That would be turning around on a road that was a little wider then my truck. I was on the edge of a cliff with a little outcrop. It was very intense Tammy held her breath as I turned the truck all the way around slowly inching my tires near the edge. As I pulled forward we were facing the drop off I never once thought twice about it. The fact is that the Comstock is full of roads like this if heights or rough roads scare you don't do it. Tammy told me I did a really great job on turning the truck around she told me that she couldn't have done what I did. I am proud of myself in my ability over the years to drive

Silver City to me is kind of an eerie town unlike Virginia City that has feelings of good energy I sort of feel the opposite here. I feel constantly watched here not just by humans but there is something about Silver City. Like any ghost town throughout the town their are wood shacks.....wagon wheels laying around and other pieces of history leftover from its hay day.

Most of the mines are closed although I did visit one of them but did not go very deep into it as I used it to cool down from the warm sun. Of course ill return to the mine to do a separate investigation in itself. I can tell you when I went into the mine it was much cooler then other mines I been in before. It also seemed very large great for exploring and gathering EVPs of miner ghost etc. The mining district has allot of interesting sites but allot of them require hiking and that I do not mind because the hikes overlooking the city are beautiful but also some are very steep so getting to some mines will require teamwork.

Last week ago I went to Devils Gate so I wanted to return to the gorge during the day its amazing how different things look. Within the town are a few historic plaques I passed by as I suspected almost every location has a story. What is even more intriguing is knowing that under the towns in Comstock Country lays an underworld of tunnels some which are said to be flooded others said to be victims of underground fires.

Also another noticeable thing is the fact that many old gutted out antique cars are to be found all over the hill sides. The school house on the hill is colonial which seems out of place compared to the rest of the town. There is no doubt that each location has history to it. I remember studying some photos from this towns hay day along with other nearby towns. In the 1800's this was a big city sad to see that most of what you see in the black and white photos is gone.

I will return here in the future to do another exploration and eventually gather some paranormal evidence. I have a feeling there is allot more to see here amongst the hills. Silver City has a morbid past and history I am excited to continue to explore the area.

There is another area I set off to explore in the region which was hidden in one of the valleys of Silver City which is the historic cemetery.

Silver City Cemetery

The cemetery is very hilly and at the entrance is this giant wrought iron archway. Their is also a sign that the cemetery is in the middle of restoration. I am not sure their is anything anybody can do to fix this place much like most of the cemeteries nearby.

You have wrought iron fencing around a majority of graves while weeds grow inside or stones are broke or gates are literally ripped off its hinges.

One of the houses facing the cemetery has a giant wide open window we were thinking how awesome it would be at night to just sit there a few feet from the cemetery and wonder if something awaits you from the otherside.

Many of the stones were spread out and scattered while some were laying merely on the ground. Most of the graves date back from the mid 1800's and strangely their is another part of the cemetery separated by fencing. In that area was a few monuments and graves. There was also flowers growing everywhere so what I am thinking is this is the restored section of this burial ground.

Tammy and I spotted two to three rabbits running around the cemetery. You could see them running amongst the graves. Nature has seemed to overtake this place at the entrance we seen two blue jays just a few feet from where we stood.

I noticed also that some of the plots were missing graves and some of the grave sites had wooden grave markers. As far as wooden grave markers go we would start to see more of them as we went deeper into Comstock country.

Rumor has it based on my research their are a total of 32 to 33 cemeteries within miles of Silver City Cemetery. Most of them are haunted most of them have tales even written on some of the stones.

Sadly I am afraid that based on its condition their may be no way to restore what once was. You could tell that vandals hit this area many times. It saddens me I just do not understand how someone can take that path knowing that at one time these people worked in these mines....raised families.....and made NV what it is today.

Tammy and I would move on to a place called Gold Hill to do some more adventuring. Things would intensify more hiking and offroading. Since these are opening investigations their isn't much to tell but there will be allot for our viewers to see and learn in the next few years to come.

Gold Hill Nevada

As you travel higher into the mountains you come across Silver Cities twin community a place called Gold Hill. This was a gold mining town as opposed to Silver City being a silver mining town.

As you enter into town you are greeted by at least four visible mill sites all at one time or another were active mines. There is also an ore chute near the side of the road. I did get out of the car to photograph a mine and the chute.

I do not feel as uneasy in Gold Hill as I did in Silver City not sure why maybe its due to the fact that their is a more friendlier atmosphere downtown. When you enter town hill you have Nevada's first hotel and their is a saloon. I know its been rumored to be haunted and I may be soon staying the night to investigate its ghost.

Also downtown are these old historic homes and a sealed off tunnel. You can rent the cottages over night all are said to be haunted.

Tammy and I drove behind the Saloon around the Yellow Jacket mine. We found a large mill and an area where the train trestle use to stand. The train tracks run through town and yes their is an old train station in town. Today you can still take the old locomotive as it twist and turns going through tunnels in the mountains. I plan on taking the V&T railroad in a few months from Virginia City NV to Truckee Ca. The train passes many historic sites and it said to be one of the most scenic train rides on the west coast.

Tammy and I passed an old wagon as we walked up the hill. There was also some old equipment all rusted laying around. We climbed an old coal car and visited a historic bell tower. We also visited other historic sites such as monuments...the old mercantile...post office and a few other abandoned places made out of stone.

Gold Hill did not appear to be as large as Silver City however the roads that go to nowhere out here are much more vast as your higher up in the mountains. This is an area were going to work with not only that but the cemeteries near Gold Hill are phenomenal ill leave it at that.

Gold Hill seemed actually more industrial then Silver City perhaps due to the trains or the fact that their were many mills still standing. You also had quite a few head frames around town from the mines. Not to mention that I found this area along the tracks that half of an entire mountain was strip mined. You can take a tour of one of the more famous mines located here I might do that just so I can visit Gold Hill underground.

Our next location we would visit is a place called the Caledonia Mine Works a true urban explorers dream come true.

Caledonia Mine Works

When I arrived here I pulled right up to the mills of the door. The property also had a for sale sign and this would be one of the first mine sites id be visiting in Gold Hill. Their are bigger ones but again some sites are partially abandoned as the one on a ridge above us where actually mining was taking place.

Their were three areas to explore here which was the two giant rusted water tanks that you could walk right up into. Then you had the main mill and another building.

I was taking photos and someone from this old big wooden house kept pulling the drapes to the side watching me. I hate when people stare they see me with a camera filming and yet they just watch you constantly.

The first thing about this site was the amount of graffiti it was everywhere. The second thing was most of the mill was collapsed. I am pretty open to returning at night to see if I can capture some residual energy take some readings.

Inside the mill were three tiers or stories their was no way upstairs unless you climbed the hill and entered the area from the back end.

I entered the smaller building on site which took me underneath these giant machines which appeared to look like furnaces. Their was allot of rat shit inside this place didn't see any rats but the tunnel I went in was pretty intense.

I climbed an old wooden stairwell checking out the machinery for a bit everything was covered in dust. I noticed that nobody had done any graffiti in the smaller building with the machinery only the mill site.

Not to far away from the mill down the road I also found a series of concrete foundations and a massive mine shaft in the ground. From my experience with the last mine works factory I visited these sort of places are haunted we expect good things from this location.

Eventually we took the road to nowhere which led us to the American Flats.

American Flats

I decided it was time for us to do what were good at which is exploring locations in seclusion. I was kind of aching for a more remote location to explore. Honestly despite towns nearby being semi ghost towns their are allot of people who just want to get up in your business.

We took a series of dirt roads in the mountains surrounding Gold Hill which led us on a hell of a journey. Not to mention the fact that rabbits, marmots and squirrels run along the road here the change in scenery would be nice.

I went down a few roads no vehicles had been down in awhile including one that took me right along the old train tracks. I found some odd site carved in the mountain side with these black rocks. I did not check into it but saved it for another exploration.

The roads back here are rough were talking big rocks.....gashes in the road....sometimes even tall foliage growing. Tammy and I went deeper into the mountains we seen 6 wild horses crazy. Their was an adolescent horse that stood low to the ground so unfortunately I didn't want to get to close as the mother may have reacted protectively of her young.

This is what makes exploring worthwhile did you know that the government is rounding up almost all the wild horses in the west? Its due to the fact that some try to feed them so overtime they become co dependant on humans. However these horses were wild roaming the hills running and grazing. It was like a scene you would see in a western movie with the train nearby....mountains....and horses running.

I did a little more offroading and afterawhile I couldn't take it the American Flats Mill was visible from every angle. I was leery due to the fact that earlier on the otherside of it was a huge 4x4 truck so I didn't know this place was abandoned.

When I pulled up on it I realized what we just stumbled upon is the largest concrete mill in the United States. When I say largest I mean this place is an explorers dream come true. You do not see locations like this on the west coast. All the large industrial complexes are mainly back east so indeed it was a jewel to find up in the mountains.

The main building was at least 5 stories high and it had an extensive basement filled with water below. Their was more graffiti here then any location I ever explored. When I say more graffiti I am talking about thousands upon thousands of pieces on walls...pillars...in tunnels.....stairwells....etc. Allot of rats running around to so if you hate rodents then your going to be in for a surprise lol.

Tammy and I explored the place for at least an hour we still didn't see everything but agreed to come back here at night. Sadly as of a few days ago their is an order to demolish the location however some are righting the fact that this may be the largest concrete mill in the country thus making it historic.

Their were three other vehicles here all urban explorers the first of its kind I have seen ever on the west coast. One of the groups had all the cool gear while another group was a couple girls and some guy. The place is huge so running into people didn't happen to often but I could see others in the rooms.

Their was seven buildings on the site one was missing its roof another one we went in had a circular window and was burn inside from a possible fire. I had to be careful inside the main building their was holes in the concrete floor everywhere. The fall down one of them holes could prove deadly. Just as when you looked upstairs you could see giant holes in the flooring so no matter what floor you were on this is not a playhouse.

Tammy and I explored a few tunnels we even went to the second floor of this other building we found. That building had giant pools of this crystal murky blue water. It looked like vats of chemicals and you could tell they were deep as one of the pools had a giant tree that fell down into it.

Further down the hill and built into the cliff side was a concrete structure that was built into the cliff side. On top of that was a structure with a circular pattern made out of concrete. It reminded me of something you would see in Rome only out of concrete.

This place was a temple at least from what I gathered it is sacred to the locals whether it serves as a location to explore, hike around in, spray paint or toke in I could understand its value. Its sad that more then often places get demolished because as an individual all of us visit locations at our own risk. However there are those who want to see the place torn down so if it does happen at least our viewers will at least get to see the photos from our exploration thus in some way it will always be preserved.

When I exploring here there was a young guy who quickly hid his spray paint and he was all timid with me. He was like hel hel hello I was like hey man waz up lol. Then the guy relaxed a little bit he probably at first thought I was the cops or was going to turn him in. I didn't care about this place being graffitied up its just a concrete shell in the middle of bum-phucked nowhere. Now if the young man was doing this in a cemetery then I would have had to kick his ass and hang him on the cross. I know that their isn't much to do out in Gold Hill but hike around these locations and share your art so I am cool with it. I live in an area full of adventurers like me so when I see others out there doing what I am doing I feel right at home.

I could sit here and tell you about my adventures but eventually our viewers will be able to see the videos and the photos you'll be wowed trust me. Tammy and I decided it was time to head off after we explored most of the buildings.on my way out I found a tunnel system we may return to go down into the tunnels here. As I drove away I was left speechless as ill never forget exploring corridors that reminded me of being in a concrete fortress. We then left for Gold Hill Masonic Cemetery.

Gold Hill Masonic Cemetery

Their is allot of dirt roads out here and some climb to higher ridges. Without going high enough the cemeteries in Gold Hill are not visible. When Tammy and I found this place we had to drive all the way around the wrought iron then park and hike on in.

Their was a donation box at the entrance broken its a sad scenario. Just as Silver City Cemetery their were many graves here broke, toppled, crumbling, weathered and vandalized. Many of the plots had wrought iron around them while a child's grave had many toys including a new wreath.

We were up in the mountains overlooking Gold Hill its very secluded back here. Many of the graves here were of masons. The same masons who built miles of tunnels underneath Virginia City, Gold Hill and Silver City.

Their were many young women and children buried here. Each grave tells a story in some cases entire families were buried here including many children who only made it till a few years old.

Next to the Masonic Cemetery was a connected fenced off area with many grave stones. Now maybe their is two cemeteries side by side hard to say or maybe their was some religious segregation.

The cemetery was also very overgrown with allot of tall grass every wood fence around a plot was rotted or falling apart on the ground. Their was only a few grave stones in tract here and those were mainly the more fancier mason tombstones which all had engraved Masonic epitaph symbols.

I walked over some barbwire it got me good tore my pants and cut me. So I was walking around like that for a couple hours till I got to Virginia City and Tammy says what did you do to your pants lol. I was a mess man was hiking all day long ripped pants I surely wasn't their to look good however I was there to find me some paranormal hotspots.

I enjoyed this place the stones are all tilted in different directions its eerie back here and some night its going to make a good investigation as I stare down onto gold hill and search for its Masonic Spirits.

It was time to head on out their was another cemetery nearby this one would be a challenge called Gold Hill Catholic Cemetery.

Gold Hill Catholic Cemetery

Finding this place is like a needle in a haystack. Their is mountains on every side of this place and in between them is a very rugged dirt road that goes down into the cemetery. The road by the way is all rock when you get closer to the cemetery makes for a nice bumpy ride lol.

I found this place from afar as their was a road blocked off so I drove around it down some old wagon road seeing a giant white monument from afar on a hill. The road down into the cemetery followed the edge of a hill slowly going all the way down this steep grade.

We realized that the cemetery was spread on both sides of the road including all the way up the hill. The graves kind of followed the road but there was not many. We seen 12 graves at most and when I did more research I found out their is many unknowns or rather unmarked graves.

Near the hill top was a giant tombstone taller then even me with the name Melin on it. From on top of that hill I also spotted a mine very high up in the mountains. Allot of the mines in the area surround the cemeteries but they are also in very hard to get areas which require sometimes hands and knees climbing.

Tammy filmed me as I give everyone a brief tour of the location its a strange place. There was not to much to see or do hiked around for a bit same story many overgrown grave sites.....wrought iron plots falling apart....broken stones and many unmarked graves as well.

This will make a good future return trip there is allot of wildlife here to. I parked and smoked a bowl up here watched the animals scurrying around the cemetery. We then moved onto Virginia City as it was time to travel back in time to a living ghost town.

Virginia City Nevada

I actually do not live to far from here so I been here a couple of times off the clock only this time I decided it was time to get more into exploring this place. The reason why is we want to bring our viewers videos and photos of this historical city. We plan on doing a variety of investigations here all the way from cemeteries.....buildings....to mines.

Virginia City is a beautiful place all built up onto the side of a mountain and this time around the mountains behind it were all snow capped.This is the second time I have seen a paranormal group up here I am sure some of them groups are more interested in tours then actual investigating. But I have met my fair share of people who live up here and tell me that their is allot to explore and many eerie historical sites.

My first time up here it was snowing but in town they have famous events like the upcoming chili cook off yum. But its the type of town where fancy motorcycles are parked....their are saloons everywhere and many stores on main street. Their is much to see like for example I went to the shooting gallery last time I was up here and bought a new leather jacket along with a leather cowboy hat.

The town is always bustling but usually by 5pm everything almost shuts down. Many of the houses are historic or Victorian. You also have many large structures like the opera house, school, firehouse, train station etc which will be bringing our fans quite a few photos of Virginia City I took while exploring on foot in the area.

Downtown is amazing their is a church here I photographed inside and outside. Its very historic and when you go inside its like a cathedral. It kind of has an eerie feeling everything is wood....candles are lit inside and the stained glass is everywhere around you. The statues of Christ look so lifelike its kind of creepy.

Their is a kick ass candy store downtown where I got jelly bellies those are so good. They have a Xmas shop to a variety of museums and even tours to a vault. I visited the Suicide Table which is said to be cursed. Many of the shops have 1800 decor all the way from black n white photos to fancy lamps as well as antiques. Barrels line the streets and mines are all over the town some next door to peoples houses.

Tammy and I seen dogs out walking main street we even stopped at this saloon and had pizza for dinner. I have to admit that was some of the best pizza I have eaten here on the west coast. Their was a Rottweiler named Ruby who ate dinner with us lol. I mean seriously where else can you go eat dinner in a restaurant where a dog is sitting a couple feet away watching you eat. Ruby seems to be well loved by the locals everyone was petting her and I talked to her too. Anyhow we sat near the stage dog smiling at us.....root beers and admiring the historic look inside.

Many of the buildings and shops are made of brick however some places are made of wood. Down one alley is the old jail just as a historic bank and even the Knights of Pythias building. Many of the sites are old I have not seen everything as Virginia City is very large. Every structure here has a story some have some pretty wild ghost stories including there horror store. All the buildings have multiple stories where once death occurred, fires, brothels, gun fights and notable figures walked their wood floors.

Tammy and I like to go shopping up here last time I bought some killer shirts one with a reaper on it. This time around we bought this dragon dagger its bad ass. I pulled it right out on the wooden walkway and Tammy took my photo lol.

We also toured the Bucket Of Blood Saloon. We had some brews near this giant glass window which overlooks the mountains and the rest of Virginia City. We ordered two bucket of blood amber ales. We got so buzzed I was all over the walkways downtown Virginia City hehehe some good times indeed.

We also visited the military store which has allot of great gear for urban exploration I love that place. Another shop says mystical stuff including gem stones, shark teeth and other cool stuff. I have to say that every shop owner has been nothing but courteous to me. The Asian lady sold us the dragon dagger with a discount because I was so interested in it. That is the type of atmosphere Virginia City has. You can visit here drink a few brews hike around the town taking photos and life is good.

In some of the stores dogs are present while other places fortunes are read. Many of the mansions and houses are haunting looking. The mines on some of the hill sides are massive I know I seen a debris pile twice as large as the one up in Mount Potosi and that place had miles of underground tunnels.

Their are some other sites you can tour such as mine ruins or where Mark Twain stayed hell where has Mark Twain not gone. I am a modern Mark Twain only difference is my writings are on my website lol.

Around town you can see horse carriages going by just as in an alley I found the old donkey engine. Many of the old historic hotels on main street are said to be haunted. As some of you know back in the day gunfights and brothels were a regular happening. Allot of history here allot of ghost stories all the way from the men who died in those mines all the way to murders.

Their are other sites in the town ill be investigating aside from Virginia City itself. I know that our team will be touring places within the city but overtime I am going to try to do an EVP session on main street maybe try to get some ghostly photos as well.

Their is a part of town that is extremely old that is a bunch of old wood structures falling apart. I believe this may have been the oldest part of Virginia City. I also seen near downtown an old wooden hearse with an actual coffin in the back. Not something you see all the time but many of the alleys and streets hold quite a few surprises ill say that much.

There was another paranormal group walking around I do not mind working with other groups but I am not into the whole drama thing. I go out I do good work and I come home with no regrets. I care allot about historical sites because without them means no ghost or anything to explore.

Their is also a red light district and a place called the Chollar Mansion where they give tours of the mine. The mines in Virginia City are huge. I seen a map that had in one of the mines 8 shafts going hundreds of feet down. Stay out stay alive its that simple unless your a professional so we do plan on visiting some of the mines not all eventually. There is some mines that are over 3000 feet deep who knows what is down in them tunnels as most of them are now inaccessible.

Then just as the other nearby towns their is also a Masonic Hall as well as a place called China Town. There are also mine carts all over the place. I hear sometime soon they are doing a civil war reenactment up here. Afterall Virginia City has many sorts of events on main street all year long historical ones included.

Tammy and I enjoyed ourselves up here during our last couple of visits I been hiking around gathering photos and history. We recently ordered business cards I designed they are pretty bad ass looking and some of the shop owners put my cards out which means new adventurers will be brought in to our forums and groups locally.

There is allot to see here not sure ill see everything in just a couple visits but for me I live it now I am here and ill be bringing a whole new type of paranormal investigating to this region. I expect also in the future that will be able to investigate and maybe stay at some of the saloons which have paranormal activity. If this happens ill be setting up LIVE cams on our radio show for our viewers to partake on the investigation with me.

Ill be returning for a couple more trips soon to finish off the photography of the area then will be working on the paranormal aspect of this amazing location. We have a few sites will be investigating over time I am in no rush as Virginia City is a preserved ghost town so everything stays as is here.

Tammy and I decided it was time to finish up the evening portion up in the Silver Terrace Cemeteries which is mainly composed of many cemeteries all bordering each other on the edge of Virginia City. Afterall the town was shutting down for the night with the exception a few pubs were opened things were quieting down so it was time for us wrap up the evening and do some night adventuring.

One last thing if anyone visits here go to Grandmas Fudge its some of the best in the world. We ordered a box to take home and man when you get stoned the stuff is bomb I say lol. Off to Virginia Cities places of the dearly departed.

Silver Terrace Cemeteries
(Mason's, Pacific Coast Pioneers, Order Of Odd Fellows, Knights Of Pythias, Silver Terrace)

The cemeteries are visible from almost anywhere in Virginia City however 50 years ago they prohibited vechile usage due to the fact that motorcycles use to drive over the graves here. All the cemeteries in this area are considered Silver Terrace Cemeteries including Silver Terrace itself however since most of the fences have rotted or been wrecked some consider it all one cemetery.

How I did this investigation is anything bordering Silver Terrace I considered all one cemetery then the others I had to hike to or that were off on their own I considered a separate cemetery. This would allow me to eventually cover the history and its ghost.

Back in the day the area was industrial their were no parks if you wanted to go play with your buddy after school that is where you went the local cemetery. When we arrived there was another paranormal group here all dressed in black trying to look all bad ass. I can careless if I brush my hair when I go investigating it isn't about any sort of limelight I am just there for the journey.

My plan was to cover these five cemeteries since they all blended into one I decided to turn this into one massive paranormal project. Its an amazing place as some of it has wrought iron bordering the burial grounds while other parts of the cemetery have white picket fences or old rotted wooden ones.

I entered the Mason's area the graves here are pure craftsmanship in my opinion out of the entire cemetery the Mason graves are the least vandalized or ruined. There are gates at the entrance with a giant Masonic symbol.

Further behind this is the Pacific Coast Pioneers the graves here are much more worn and weathered from time. Nearby is a place called boot hill which is visible from all over Virginia City and including the other cemeteries nearby.

The Order of Odd Fellows I did not hit till last that is after I explored some other cemeteries in the area. But anyhow this cemetery and the Silver Terrace one sit side by side only separated by a little one fence. I found this area to have many graves in ruins. I also found there to be many of the statues and Silver Terrace to have a more gothic appearance to it.

What makes the location eerie is that many of the trees are dead amongst the graves then when you combine tilted tombstones.....broken wrought iron fences.....eerie statues you got yourself one hell of a location to investigate. The trees may not be all dead since it is afterall the beginning of spring.

Unfortunately the cemeteries are struggling to try and earn donation money. Many of the graves are in ruins while some tell sad stories. All the graves are said to be of miners and their families. The cemeteries are rumored to be haunted although paranormal evidence lacks and I start to wonder if this is just to boost tourism considering they do not allow night visitors here.

Unfortunately due to grave robbing's and vandals some of the graves are collapsing. Some of the crypts are cracked or falling apart. The iron work here is nothing like I ever seen in my life. Some of the wrought iron has fancy designs while one I seen has faces made out of iron.

Beyond boothill further on the other side is the Knights Of Pythias cemetery which is in ruins. Their is not to many graves on the hillside but some of them are cracked wide open while others are weathered wood grave markings. It felt a little less friendly the further we made our way back here.

Their was many sad graves here including a woman who died a day after her infant child was killed in child birth. Just as one of the stones was broke in half just laying against another tombstone. I had been hiking awhile and after I toured the other cemeteries I came back up along the Order Of Odd Fellows and Silver Terrace. These seemed to be heavily overgrown but an area full of monuments including a couple famous graves found on many websites.

This cemetery I could go on about all day but the photos that come out of this place tell the real story. I look forward to the day I can do some EVPs and a night investigation. I mean their has to be easily a few thousand graves here and further research over the weekend revealed that almost half of the them are unknown. Despite the fact that the cemetery is still in use most burials are all from the 1800's.

Unlike cemeteries of today this one has wood fencing that is hand crafted just as the wrought iron. Out of creepiest looking cemeteries this place is right up their with the ones in Savannah GA. Your going to love this project and your going to love this cemetery.

Mt. St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery

This cemetery had white iron gates at the entrance and basically consist of a road that goes around the entire burial ground. In the center of the cemetery is a giant hill with a wood cross on top of it.

Like most Catholic cemeteries this one is just that beautiful architecture but still their is no difference between this one or the others. Cemeteries like this one were erected due to religious differences. You might find one cemetery is more haunted then another so its a stellar place to start considering from afar you can view the St. Mary's Church in the distance.

I been in the church its very eerie inside for a church and allot burials that are here were members of this church. Their is allot of crosses and saints here. There is also these stone slabs found all over the cemetery which lay against the trees. Those depict a story as well much like most of the long epitaphs found on the stones.

I seen some newer gravestones here mixed in with older ones. Their were allot of trees and the cemetery was greener. Unlike the other cemeteries this one was a little different then the other ones nearby.

There was some older folks hiking around and another paranormal group all in black not even dark outside lol.

I will return here these kind of cemeteries produce really good results its a nice hike in away from the city. The cemetery is not as spread out as the other ones their are graves all over and everyside of the hill. Nearby you can see mines all around also including a fenced off shaft not something you expect to see around burial grounds.

There were many wood grave sites some just in piles or broken in half. Many of the graves or plots rather that were built here are made of giant stones or cobble stone. Its a pretty historic graveyard much more to see no doubt.

One of the more neat things Tammy pointed out to me was two blue birds playing with one another. I mean these birds were pure blue and no they were not blue jays. Their seems to be many different bird species located in the cemetery so even if you visit here you will get more then just the grave markers since the cemeteries sit out on the edge of Virginia City.

We had a couple smaller cemeteries to check out one of them being the Storey County Public Burial Grounds.

Storey County Public

There are two sections to this location as I found a smaller area with a mine within the public cemetery. The story here is this is a much more poorer cemetery. The graves here are made out of wood and I think the most vandalism is here. Their are no fences really around its just right along the dirt road.

Their were some gardens surrounding this burial ground and a few benches. Their is also a good amount of unmarked or poorman graves here.

The cemetery sits at one of the lower points in the area so its a little less noticed and their are allot of big trees around it. It has a very eerie feeling here I cant pinpoint it but I don't feel alone here. Tammy went off adventuring and I came here twice to explore.

Many of the graves were scattered back here again same scenario crumbling some unable to read. Their was a garbage can in one of the cemeteries laying in a hole. The photos are so deplorable you'll be shocked trust me something needs to be done back here.

I did take EMF readings back here even ran the recorder briefly. It didn't appear to be very active but then again who knows maybe at night the place is more paranormally active.

Ancient Order Of Redmen and Wilson Brown Funeral House Cemeteries

This cemetery starts on a hill and eventually it goes downhill till you reach the Fireman's Cemetery. The graves are spread out here and their is a torn up fence from the 1800's that has spikes on it separating the two. Sadly their isn't much of a separation so its all to some considered one burial ground here.

This is a real dismal place most of the graves are wrought iron fencing with no tombstone or walls of stones with no gravestone. I didn't take to many photos here as by now Id visited so many cemeteries I lost track lol.

I expected to see more here but the most prestigious grave was that of an angel which sits on a hill. Their are only a few angels around the area another one can be seen from on top of that hill.

There are allot of crumbling walls here and slabs of stone. Ill work eventually more with this location but my first exploration was pleasant and I did allot of hiking around.

I was tiring out it was a long day with allot of hiking and pictures. I decided to visit one last cemetery it would have been two more but we could not find the other one. There are allot of dirt roads back here all of them lead to mines, mills, graveyards etc however some of them are treacherous if you do not have a truck your screwed so for me having a truck means our team can get back to such locations.

Exempt Fireman's Cemetery

This would be my final location of the night as it was getting dark out and I wanted to do a little offroading outside of Virginia City.

I walked along the fence taking photos of the cemetery below. Tammy already explored it prior to me and came to me to tell me there was more women and children here then firemen.

The cemetery is very unique though as some of you know in the 1800's their was a massive fire in Virginia City not only that but in some of the mines. Just as explosions occurred and houses occasionally burnt down. The fact is the firemen were heroes and they are buried here today.

Its sad to see the condition of this place their is no flag on the flag pole.....most of the wood fencing around graves is down and chains that plotted off graves are broken in half. On the west end are children and women while the east end is mainly firemen who served the Comstock.

Their is a wicked wood grave marker here too as you can see the epitaph was carved into it. Many of the graves here seem to be very weathered not so much vandalism. But then you have to wonder when you see a smashed up stone or fencing split in a million pieces.

One of the stones looked like it was glued together it had two different colors. I would like to be able to promote these cemeteries on my site see if I can get more people to value them through our current projects in the Virginia Cemetery area.

Their is no cemeteries like these in the world they are all in itself a kind of its own. I want others to know everyone of these locations above will be visiting a few times. Ill be working very hard to make them look sharp on our website and educate the public on cemetery preservation especially in the northern Nevada area.

Even though the investigations were done for the night I decided to take some of the rural roads up in the mountains after this. I took one road along the edge of a cliff which had giant boulders looking for another burial ground. We found farms and what appeared to be a mill but never found it.

At the end of the night after dark set in I surprised Tammy we took a back road which ran above the railroad tracks in the mountains. I found an old freight station...some mill ruins and an old train tunnel. I parked near the tunnel didn't investigate it decided to come back another time as this time around it was time to sit back toke one and look back at the hard work we put forth in Silver City, Gold Hill and Virginia City.

Parking near the tunnel was really awesome as I faced the truck towards the tracks and we watched nightfall slowly set in. Not only that but we found a few more places out in the rural area which may be worth investigating which includes a mine.....mill site and perhaps will do a special on ghost of the railroad in the near future covering this historic train tunnel I found.

This is how I spent my Friday now we start a new weeks expect more website updates minus Tuesday because we are going out to California to chill at 6 flags discovery park....so ill be riding roller coasters...making faces at animals.....and banging girls at the bumper cars did I say banging I mean banging into haha. The harder the better I say but it should be a fun day considering how hard we been working this will be a nice little getaway for the day.

Saturday there will be an investigation probably up in Bigfoot country hiking but I may change that and make a return trip up to Comstock Country and why? Because the area is as full of history as it is mystery. So strap on the hiking boots....bring a cooler.....drink some brews and lets explore a part of
American History at its best. I should within a couple months if that have the photos and videos from these locations up on the site so bare with me as we unveil allot of our latest work. Our viewers are going to be in for a treat trust me when I say this being opened for a decade and here we are around our anniversary offroading in the Comstock its a paranormal groups dream come true.
Goodnight folks!
Lord Rick
Founder
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

Profile E-mail