The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Our Chilling Exploration Our Near Goodsprings Nevada........
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 am 
Site Admin

Each and everytime we go out on an adventure I can feel the excitement build. Just as some of you are new to the paranormal scene you have to love the suspense. Little did I know a decade later I would be traversing in the desert in search of aliens.....old miner ghost or the unexplained by alas it is what it is as we took on another grand investigation.

I was excited about going out you see all my life I wanted a ghostbusters shirt and Tammy bought me one this one that glows in the dark fun stuff when you really are the real ghostbusters. I knew that if I wandered off in the dark Tammy would know where I was at all times by looking for that glow in the dark ghost lol. So I could not waste to test the shirt out and if anything it would look cool as I popped out of holes in mines right?

I often find out that generally people like more then anything else our reports. It feels good years later to continue to write them as we go out there debunking the truth. I am fairly excited about all our recent sightings and finds every trip lately seems like a thriller. We do not use any fancy equipment or sit there chanting a bunch of hoodoo voodoo all you will get here is pure adventuring into the unknown finding what man generally considers deep dark secrets.

I took sometime to watch a video on nightcrawlers caught in Fresno and thought to myself if things like this exist imagine what we could find in seclusion. I am Lord Rick your founder and I go to places hidden from mans eyes to give you guys a story. No Syfy network pays us we do it for a greater good and thus The Paranormal & Ghost Society is part of you as readers, members, subscribers and even assistants.

I enjoy my excursions for me each trip is a moonlit picnic under the stars. I never expect to see anything with that notion good things keep occurring for us. Sometimes I am saddened we do not have a television audience or more investigators simply because what I will tell you in this report is the truth and some of you may never have that moment that I had on an early Sunday morning just outside the town of Goodsprings NV.

Goodsprings for me is never a disappointment I have seen alien craft...investigators have seen shadows....even humanoids....and yes we experienced ghost hard core. Just shadowing the area is the well famed Mount Potosi a place I conquered months ago. But a place which is surrounded by canyons, mountains, mines, dirt roads and history.

I never had no set places accept that I would take a couple dirt roads see where it takes us. Sometimes that is the best way to plan a paranormal trip is to see where the road takes you. I know that if you do not make the effort to be at the right time and place most of you will never see the things that I have seen. I would never trade what I do no matter how many haters knock me for committing my life to the paranormal. I have no regrets nor do I regret the friends I have made along the way this great journey.

I look forward to when our society relocates which should be within the year along with all the new places we have set out on visiting. The night was young and we would visit to fairly large locations one being the Columbia Copper Mines and The Argentena Mill & Mines. Sometimes I find the hills around these locations to be more strange then I do inside the mines perhaps that would be the case in this investigation.

Tammy and I arrived in Goodsprings the saloon was rocking with bikers I almost stopped to join them for a brew. I showed Tammy some of the old parts that were left standing from the days of the wild west. I always laugh at the post office its the size of a shoe box literally.

The cemetery was all quiet and their seemed to be allot of traffic around town the saloon is a major attraction to some of the locals here in Vegas. People travel miles just to get a beer here meanwhile I travel miles to this location all for one thing the paranormal.

Although I am not keen on the Vegas area over the last two years I have seen some pretty strange things. The wildwest was truly born out here and to be in the middle of it all has its benefits. Our first stop would be a desolate rocky road where we would park and get out under almost a full moon.

Columbia Copper Mine

As we went up the road the boulders, rocks and quarts were well abundant the higher we traversed. The mining road had some pretty sharp rocks strong enough to puncture our tires so I had to drive very carefully and slow. It was a little cooler up in the hills and we were walking into a canyon surrounded by hills which looked like black mass; moon overshadowing them. The brush grew throughout this wash/miners road so anything could be lurking such as rattle snakes, scorpions and tarantulas. I noticed a rather high rat population within the area between seeing a few driving and stool on the road itself.

Their was some beautiful chunks of quarts as we hiked up this old road. I found some copper as well and a few pieces that looked like iron ore. I would have never assumed this was just a copper mine based on the various rocks and minerals I seen scattered along the road.

Tammy and I hiked deeper in then it dead ended at this giant hole in the ground. As I climbed near the hole I found a narrow slope leading into a tunnel which dead ended at 10 feet. I thought to myself this is it this is the mine. The cliffs and hill side was badly scarred with multiple sections of it strip mined. Beyond dead end of the road we climbed up and down into a tunnel network.

I was excited was not sure what we would see but as soon as we entered the giant room after climbing down into this pit a bird was flying around our heads. The eerie thing about mines is you never know where one tunnel will lead everything is a surprise so we took it slow.

The first tunnel had a wood chute built into the wall just as above us was this wood door or perhaps a hole patched up with wood leading to outside. That tunnel ended up being a dead end. Their was not to many signs of human visitors as I seen no visible prints in the sandy bottom flooring. I noticed a allot of rat shit all over good thing we did not find any at the dead ends.

We took a couple other tunnels same result often the dead ends have a mound of rock and dirt where the mining had haulted. We went back into the giant cavern where their was a wall with two holes in it. This room also had a giant hole in the ceiling not to mention the other tunnels that branched out from it.

Tammy went into this smaller entrance which led us into a very large room. This would be our breaking area where I would take EVP Sadly I only had a few minutes on my recorder remaining so on this investigation that is all I would be able to record.

This room had a mine car rail that disappeared into the sand.....while in the corner was a pile of wood and a steep tunnel leading down. I climbed down into this steep tunnel stooping down and walking into a room. This room had a giant wood platform with a shaft just beyond it and below it. The wood had allot of sand and piece of rock scattered across it. I had no interest in stepping onto it any further but took some great photography here.

I must say that I felt something ghostly in this area perhaps this was a place of some deaths within the mine. But I knew for certain their were depths below where I very stood. I climbed out of the pit as I made my way back to the giant room Tammy waited in for me. You could tell this was a copper mine based on the fact the sands here were a mild red much like the rocks which glazed the tunnel walls.

I had not heard much in the mine but I will say that I felt two separate cold spots one in the first tunnel and one in the giant room we took a break at. They were not large cool areas but rather contained cold spots they made me a little more alert after this that perhaps we were not alone. Tammy and I spent time talking if it was a deeper mine I would have sat in the pitch dark however at this point we were just chilling to some good exploration.

We left the mine again I noticed a couple birds flying around no bats though. I did not feel this place was overly haunted but I at times did not feel alone. I felt watched but it was uncomfortable which means something noticed us and kept its distance.

I did like that the mine was cooler then outside so the break inside really rejuvenated me and I was excited about exploring more of the canyon. As we excited climbing out of the pit Tammy seen a shooting star and hell I seen one minutes later as we found this trail which followed the rim above the canyon.

That trail would lead us over a stone wall and two fairly large sized debris pits. I knew this mine would be deeper and larger then the last. At first I thought they were two separate lines but I am willing to bet that the lower levels connect which all makes sense now based on the first shaft I photographed and the similar minerals found.

As we entered the mine all it was is just this 7 by 3 foot entrance into the side of the rocks. Tammy went ahead of me she was more excited then me and we would follow a tunnel which led us right into this huge tunnel leading at an angle down.

Their was a wood beam in the center of the tunnel and as we made our way down the tunnel kept going down till it leveled off at a wood platform and a shaft. The split which led us to the left took us into a giant room. The room had a tressel made out of wood which crossed into another room. Meanwhile their was a tunnel just below the tressel area which took me into the same large tunnel that led to a shaft. This also had another small tunnel which led me into a lower area which had a shaft about 25 feet deep. This was much deeper then this other shaft nearby of about 10 feet deep. The scary thing about falling into a shaft is some are shallow but some could go for hundreds of feet so even if you survived being found would be another story.

The wood platform would take us into a room with mine cart tracks, two wood chutes, old wood pieces and in the ceiling a boarded up hole. It was pretty dusty in this area and I found a shaft to climb in which had a small window sized hole I peeped out of at Tammy to say boo.

We took a break in this room as it seemed to be at one time a bustling place perhaps where the ore came in then was hauled out for processing. Just like the other mine entrance and tunnels this also had allot of red tint to it with green veins of copper. At times I could see pure green chunks of copper embedded in the ceilings and walls within the mine.

Tammy and I both had our photos taken on the mine tressle it was pretty cool to have studied the mines layout. Just as the other location we explored they both had very similar layouts. Both had a long tunnel that went steep down into the earth and ended in a shaft perhaps to another level with a few rooms....and smaller tunnels.

This same room I thought I had heard a clank sound off in the distance it was odd. Just as this same room Tammy swore she seen something crawl down the wall right past me yet I did not see it. She thinks it was a lizard again I never seen a lizard in any mine so its hard to say its not out of the realm of possibility. I also noticed on one of the walls with bright fluorescent paint the number 49 was written.

Tammy crawled out of another small hole she found as it was easier then having to balance ourselves over an old tressel then have to climb out of that area with loose rock and sand. You have to be real careful walking near shaft as near them is nothing but slippery sand which is rather slick so our rule is never to go or leave a location that we cannot get out of it or that could possibly lead to a bad spill.

We had a good time here drinking rootbeers.....enjoying some things for our trip I took some evps and we left to get back onto the road. When we left the mine we stood at a high point which overlooked the road way down below. I could see on occasion a few cars and the moonlight was illuminating everything around us. It felt good to get back to the car as we took the trail back then down onto the mining road.

Our trip would not end here though I found another gravel road across the street just a few hundred feet away hoping it would lead to more Columbia claims but instead we off-roaded to a dead end almost. Tammy and I followed the road where the car could not make it and found hundreds of gun shells, fire barrels, tires and debris scattered in this canyon but no mine. It was not the type of place you would want to be stuck at if someone pulled on in because it was a one way narrow trip to someone's dump spot.

By no means was I about to give up this is an area that has been good to me as far as paranormal. I knew to stick with it and we would get to see something. Tammy and I headed on over to this mountain where a giant mill was built into the side of it called Argentena.

The Argentena Mill & Mine

I was aching for another mine not only because they are much cooler inside but you do not have to worry about allot of the critters like rats, spiders, and snakes. We had our choice to take two different gravel roads one which led below the wash while the other led to the milling area above the wash.

Tammy and I were hiking directly under the moon at times we did not even need a light. We eventually noticed that the very road we were hiking on turned into a rocky wash with a 50 foot steep incline to our left while a smaller incline to our right. It was obvious we were on the side of a mountain and the wash was not revealing to us a mine but it did reveal that a mine was within the area.

In the wash we found remnants of two water towers.....wood beams.....old bean cans and many pieces of sheet metal. Tammy and I climbed a hill shining it across the wash/ravine. We noticed on the hill another road that led up along the wash and higher up the mountain.

Sadly we had to hike all the way back to a lower point where the wash met with the ridge and of course atop of that was another road. This road would take us to a place where at one time a gate use to exist only the metal post were standing but no gate.

This led us to a giant flat area with a mill that went up many tiers up the side of the mountain to our left as to our right the mill continued on below. This was an area Tammy seen a bright object in the sky move from right to left. Later that star would become dimmer which led me to believe that maybe what we are seeing in our skies is alien craft that perhaps could be mistaken as stars in our skies.

Their were allot of rat droppings all over this place looked like a fort rather then a mill. Their was rhubarb sticking out of the concrete so we knew this place was perhaps built in the earlier 1900's. Many of the mills walls had been spray painted.

We climbed each of the tiers up leading to a flat foundation where we could stand as if we were climbing giant steps made for a giant. I stood at the top eventually of the mill it was a long ways down and the moon lit it up so nice I could see a series of tiers leading down to the open flat area where Tammy took a photo next to some Slayer art.

There was wood scattered all over the place including old railroad ties....sheet metal etc All that was left was these massive stone foundations built into the mountain imagine how much fun they were to climb. Some people broke glass so we had to be careful not to mention that rats had infested this structure. At times we found wood framing built into the mill.

My curiosity would try to find us the mine but like Yellow Pine mill it was apparent that they also sealed up there mines here to. Tammy and I stood high up on the side of the mountain as we heard up to a dozen coyotes howling at the moon not far away. This seemed to worry her a bit but they were still far enough away where they were not any threat.

As we made our way up we climbed more scattered remains the mountain was getting steep. To our left we had to be careful as their was cliffs and a canyon below. Tammy explored the mountains side while I would climb to the top to see if I could find an entrance into the Argentena Mine.

Tammy explored around the top of the ruins on the side of the hill while I climbed my way up to the top. I found at the peak allot of rock formations or rather a cradle of layered rocks. The rock had layers of dark brown in it perhaps iron hard to say and I found a wood frame which seemed to be at one time a shaft which was sealed. I also found not to far away a pile of discolored rocks and a wood A frame which was broke in half perhaps this was a shaft that was bombarded shut.

It was a little spooky at the peak of this mountain. I had to hug the rock faces and had very little hiking room in simple terms just a few feet away were drop offs over a hundred perhaps two hundred feet into a dark abyss. I noticed that some of the peak was strip mined or had chunks dug out or rather mined. Tammy felt that perhaps some of the area had been strip mined we found signs of this. At the peak I found some 250 year old barrel cactuses a rare find that only few see who climb to very secluded perhaps hard to get locations within the desert.

I went on the back side of the peak then walked back following it along the fort ruins below. Eventually I would after following the hill parallel to the ruins began my descent. Tammy was way over by the mill ruins I was a few hundred feet up and it would take me awhile to work my way down as at times rocks would hide my existence from her. As I followed the rock formations along the peak....just below me on the hill was this black shadow it had a human figure to it. I spotted the figure 3 separate occasions ducking rather low but following me. Everytime I spotted it the figure would disappear perhaps because it knew I was onto it. So this would be my ghost sighting of the night and a pretty decent one I thought. I tried to use my two way radio to talk to Tammy the power was GONE. I am not sure why it had a full charge when I tested it at the Columbia Mine hmmm.

I slid down this one area as it was to steep....and avoided most cactuses except for this one plant which has tiny prickles on it those like to get all in your shoes and socks. They are very annoying but at least I came out of all of this with a mild abrasion on my forearm. Tammy told me later she did not like the mill area felt like death was lurking around us. I could see a few dangers around here but if anybody ever goes out here its a great place to sit back and UFO watch and as long as your a careful hiker this place has allot of history and rewards.

When I reached Tammy we heard the coyotes as we found a place to sit right at the top of the mill. I had a drink enjoyed the view of Goodsprings way off in the distance. I also seen a rat on a rock just a few feet away from me they were everywhere. We made our way down to the bottom to a giant flat area. I had realized that even below this plateau was more ruins this time a wooden chute of some kind and two old mine elevator shafts filled in with rock. We also seen a cold storage room and found the foundation of another water tank.

I did hike further up the wash that ran along the mill and found the remnants of a third water tank and a bunch of rusted machinery parts scattered around prior to finding a wood frame of some structure built into the mill. I also found allot of scrap wood left over from the mill and piles of crushed rock. This was a very large place and although we never got into the mines we explored here a couple hours so it was well worthwhile.

Tammy and I hiked out of here to the road we seen a couple more shooting stars. I was pretty happy that we explored the entire area it isn't easy at night always. We do allot of climbs, hikes and explorations so you learn what to do and not to do. I was glad things went smooth took a few EVPs at the mill site. I also seen this spider that was fluorescent yellow quite odd if you ask me making its web near one of the mills walls.

By this time we made our way down the old mining road off the mountain and hiked the highway back to our vehicle. As we approached our car half of the moon disappeared behind the mountain that I stood on minutes prior to all of this. By no means was our night over as an experience occurred which made my entire night worthwhile as a paranormal investigator.

I just pulled on to the main road driving past Goodsprings heading out to Jean NV. Along this road are mountains on both side of us with desert between the mountains then of course the highway. At night with a good moon you can see a pretty good distance out there however what if you were driving an the entire mountain you see lights up like daylight?

Well as I was cruising along Tammy pointed out my window something I turned and looked. I believe at that point I was speechless. Their was a streak of light over the mountain to be exact in color I would say a dodger blue in comparison type of color. The streak was very wide.....very bright.....the entire mountain to my left side was lit up like daytime and their was a bit of royal blue mixed in with it.

The path the object took seemed to have a formation keep in mind I was less then a mile or two away. Tammy mentioned a shooting star and I said then if this is a shooting star why did this object swoop when it almost hit the mountain? When the object came over the mountain it literally pulled itself up and swooped back up disappearing....vanishing.....or perhaps accelerating so fast that not even the human eye would be able to follow it.

I guess now I will talk about why I think it was a UFO. As the object swooped back up I seen a giant oval disc. This disc had to be at least 50 feet in size was oval....and as it swooped it became a bright luminescent object right before it vanished. Have you ever seen a piece of charcoal that had an orange glow? Well this object had a bluish white glow and just like that in two seconds it was gone. It was gone before I could grab a camera....get a video....or even say the word wow. I remember when Tammy said something looking over to my left in disbelief. I eased the pressure on my gas peddle because again was in disbelief. This was like something out of a movie like encounters of the 4th kind.

I thought to myself what are the chances of our group having 3 UFO encounters in this part of NV? I do believe that something is going on out here. I am not sure what but a buddy of mine visited this area a couple months ago and told me that he felt like there might be some sort of creature living in the mines. We found out this to be the case prior to his excursions. Strangely not to far away was the mysterious crash site on Mount Potosi just as their is a mine in the area called green monster. Not to mention the fact that I seen strange lights in the Goodsprings Mining district a light over the mountains near by does not surprise me.

I have concluded that with all the mass UFO sightings that perhaps I was just at the right time and place. I spent all night hiking and exploring this area and its mines. But the moment I spent driving out of this location was right before dawn a fairly large craft which was bright enough to light up the mountain and maneuver better then any yet I had ever seen. Thus this was no shooting star and well this blue glow was like nothing I had seen even in a previous UFO sighting last year in the area.

It was a long night and we were not far from state line I wanted to go get breakfast have some fun at Buffalo Bills casino. Tammy and I found this back road it never said it was a dead end or that it would lead us to a dirt road with endless wilderness.

After our sighting upon taking this road we went past the Jean airport kind of eerie with its dim lights on. Sadly a rabbit darted out last minute and the car hit him very hard. I looked in my mirror did not see him figured he probably didn't survive.

Tammy and I go around this bend and their is a tunnel that instead of having a ramp onto the expressway has a tunnel under it. That tunnel came out onto a dirt road with allot of rocks and brush. I could see miles away Buffalo Bills way off in the distance I had to turn around and take this road all the way back to Jean.

On my way back just a mile up the road I found the rabbit he was in the road did not appear to be moving. I parked the car got out and noticed he was moving around perhaps in allot of pain or scared. I walked up to the rabbit and he was looking at me I was pretty sad. I pet him for a pretty long time to calm him down that which he did. I checked out his injuries and from the looks of things they were not to good. I thought about putting him in the trunk bringing him to a rescue but I knew deep down he was dying. I had Tammy hold the light and I moved him off the road just in case a vehicle came by and ran over him more I felt it was the right thing to do. Tammy noticed that the other side of him was raw and well his injuries didn't seem to be recoverable. I do believe in animal spirits I hope the comfort I gave him will carry on in the afterlife.

It really saddened me but most of you know that when you are in the desert the rabbit population can be high in some areas and sometimes they dart out without warning. I noticed one thing about this rabbit is that his ribs were showing the desert has a very minimal food supply and its hard for anything to survive especially the closer you get to death valley or deeper in the Mojave desert. I did take a photo as our investigations are documentaries which go onto our site for others to read about, view and enjoy the photos which go with the stories.

Speaking of updates I am behind due to my recent surgery I had and all that has gone on ill be working on soon getting back into putting updates on our site at www.paranormalghostsociety.org I know we have allot of updating to do a friend of mine wanted to see recent stuff and eventually we will go live with it. In a couple weeks ill be discussing the UFO on our radio show so state tuned for that announcement as well.

After the UFO sighting then hitting the bunny minutes later I really needed some off time. We went to Buffalo Bills they have a really cool roller coaster sun was just coming up and nothing seemed up but an expensive cafe and McDonalds. I ordered a breakfast meal guess what the freaking coffee didn't come with it I hate fast food joints inside casinos. Not to mention the fact that Tammy and I tired our luck on the slots and they were tighter then a virgin in the Himalayas. I came close to winning a nice jackpot on my 5th spin but not close enough the one 7 was BELOW the line ummm yeah not cool lol.

We walked around the casino seen a couple old stage coaches after breakfast and discussed the investigation. I locked my keys in the trunk luckily the doors were unlocked so we got real lucky. I guess I was all upset about the bunny. I value life but I also value the lives of all living things especially the longer I am involved with the paranormal. It is hard to have to carry a suffering animal in your arms as its dying in front of you real tough even if it is a bunny. I will say that he could have bit me but this wasn't the case.

We had a long ride home the sun was up I slept most of Sunday but nonetheless we had a pretty wild adventure. It always is an adventure no matter what happens. It would never matter what I say....what proof I capture or who I tell what matters is we put ourselves in predicaments to see the things that we do. Was it a paranormal night? It was a great night for paranormal then again the Goodsprings area is never a let down. Last time I went out here I watched a grown man get kicked....cry....and a woman see a humanoid look down onto us.....and this time around we seen an object with no other explanation other then it is what it is a UFO. You could try to debunk this all you want but I am convinced that this may have been one of the closest UFO sightings I ever been near in my entire life in my entire career! This area is never disappointing and long before our group visited it many locals have sighted strange UFO activity throughout it.

Things happen for a reason and we hope that some of you will join our society......join our adventure team.....donate when you can towards new gear and trips. We want you to be involved not just sharing the story but we want you to be a part of it. Thus this is my story and in two weeks we got another chiller coming to you! Its 2010 and we got a great year so far of paranormal happenings! State tuned for our meet in August at the Voodoo Lounge....shows...and other announcements coming to you. We know once our recent work is published allot of individuals are going to have allot more respect for our group then ever before.

Goodnight & peace be with you!
Lord Rick
Founder, Author & Talk Show Host
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

PS Donate $1 monthly using paypal GodOfThyNight@aol.com we appreciate your support! Also you can join many of our boards including our BBS its free enjoy index.php thank you for all your support and love

Profile E-mail