The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My Investigation Report Into The Mojave Desert......
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:00 am 
Site Admin

With every investigation comes a report even if we do not find a thing I have come to realize over the years many enjoy reading about our adventures into the unknown. Our first investigations of 2010 took place Jan. 16th and they were ones that ill never forget as we had plans for ghost towns.....all the way to caverns.

Many of you know that the Mojave is a fairly large desert littered with mines, ghost towns, caves, mountains and legends. Its not a friendly place and is rather harsh no matter what time a year it is. This was Tammy's first paranormal investigation and without her I could not have pulled these places off.

I have found out that with all my medical conditions investigating for me is a fight for my life every step I take I live in pain. So it would not be an easy night as I had plans to hike all night and into the morning. Allot of thought went into these locations as we toured the Mojave Preserve up in California. This is only the beginning as I have many places throughout the wild west similar to this will be looking on into.

Since this was more like a road trip I had to stock up on food, drinks and supplies. I made sure we were prepared for every situation little did we know however that a storm would drape the Mojave and our night would be full of many different occurrences as we investigated Goffs, Mitchell Caverns, Providence & The Bonanza King Mine & Finally Kelson. All great places with abandonment's and many other historical notations.

I had left much earlier then I usually do actually before the sun went down as our night would include almost 400 miles of driving. I know it has been awhile since our last paranormal investigation as in Dec. We did a couple explorations but no investigating. So I was very excited....of course being I always forget things I forgot something already on the road and had to stop at Walmart.

The road into the Mojave was full of traffic I had a group of kids try to race me of course you know who won and yeah it pissed them off then they starting shining high beams behind me on purpose. I was pretty close to teach them another lesson but my gf was telling me to calm down. To me it was all good fun.....and well we finally reached our turn off which led right into the Mojave a little ghost town called Goffs with some residents mixed on in and so our adventure would began here.

Goffs

Finding a place to park seemed impossible as I just beat a train across the tracks.....little did I know that within the hour we spent near the ghost town....6 other trains would come to pass weeding out any chance for EVP's or hearing any sort of ghostly happenings.

Tammy and I parked far away from the town we could not use lights simply because the locals all had big dogs and they were not very happy we were moving within the night. It was really hard to see anything imagine being out in the desert with no lights hardly we must had tripped a few times just trying to get into the town.

When we entered town we found out that 3 residences surrounded the area one of them was in the ghost town itself. I could not take many photos for this reason however I did visit most of the historic structures in the town which included a large school house, outhouse, train depot, a cabin and a few other things.

One of the residents was on her porch chatting with some guy who came over for dinner....he left then we watched him go out onto the road....make a turn into his driveway which led right into the ghost town itself. The apple does not fall very far from the tree. It was early lots of people around so everytime I took a photo it hand to be angled away from the houses however with a blessing it started to rain......therefore the lightening excuse worked well and I knew nobody would think anything different.

Some of the structures were in somebodies back yard and yes they had dogs and no I wasn't going on in to become fodder. However I will say despite that I sensed allot of energy from the school house which sat in the center of town. The school had these red lights on in it and I walked around it in the dark peering into the windows imagining other things peering back. To a degree I felt watched here we were very cautious in our investigation.

As we left the town we could hear noise coming from two of the three houses it was obvious the all their is to do here is drink, eat and screw. I know that is blunt but its the truth and it makes me wonder if funding from tourist goes to the town or if it goes in a 6 pack based on my observations.

We had a long ways to go to the car by then it was cold rain we couldn't even use our cameras or recorders due to this fact. I did make one last stop which was this old general store and saloon. The top portions of this location were falling apart and I told Tammy I felt something upstairs here. I had to be careful because someone was living in a trailer next to the place as it was being renovated. Adjacent from the saloon was an older house with a big blue fireplace inside.....it was torn up bad to a point that the floors had dirt rather then wood boards.

Tammy and I were relieved to get out of this place and get warmed up it was still an early night but the rain was bothersome. We tried to dry off in the car as we took a road that would put us almost in the center of the Mojave one that would lead us to a place called Mitchell Caverns.

Mitchell Caverns

This location is very relevant to me simply because it is supposedly one of the entrance to the hollow earth. The state keeps all 3 caverns locked up however the cave of the winding stairs nobody is allowed to go in because it traverses 500 feet deep.....and has a massive drop off inside. Nobody knows what goes behind that some have thought that this could reach to giant underground rivers and even other races of beings which have cities and live underground.

I did my fair share of studying and it is hard to believe that these caves were underwater at one time in our past. Most of what you see has been underwater but nothing is more eerie then knowing that your underground and at one time water and fish were here.

Tammy and I took a road into nowhere it went about 16 miles then dead ended at the Providence Mountains. We parked then gathered our food and drinks for a good mile long hike into the pass.

We reached a small cave just a tiny hole we crawled on into and we sat inside as it went over 50 feet back. We gathered our equipment and Tammy said she had liked this location. It was a very nice little cave more like a bench warmer. After this we had crossed a ravine on and old wood bridge which followed the canyon along,. We were pretty high up as we could see the lights from Needles very far away.

Their was no way to get into the caverns as we came up to two big entrances with iron bars across. I had set up base camp then found me a hole a very small one to crawl on into. This hole was so tight I almost got stuck as I had crawled on my back inching my way deeper and deeper into it. I found a way in the caverns and stood on a ledge which was a 12 foot drop to the bottom of the cavern.

I had to leave Tammy back at base camp she doesn't like tight spaces and without moving your body right one could easily get stuck. When I stood inside the cavern I noticed a crevice with stakes and broken ropes. I had no repelling gear so I had to climb down into the cavern with my own strength slowly working my way down this crevice like Spiderman.

When I reached the bottom of the cavern I noticed that their was only one way to follow and some of the tunnels were extremely narrow. If you do not like tight spaces this then would not be an ideal place to spelunk at. The tunnels twisted and turned went up and down.

I came across a few other holes I did not go in them as I did not want to leave Tammy out there for to long. When I was in the cave it was very hot inside.......some areas were rooms while others were just tunnels and they were so small you could not see what was around the next corner.

There were doors inside the cavern actually two which was a tunnel made for connecting the caves all together. I seen a sign saying do not enter alone without a guide I laughed thought I am the guide.

Some of the stalactites were 12 to 15‘ almost gracing the caverns sandy floor. I noticed within the cave a few lights and electrical lines. I also noticed that their were a few small holes to climb on into perhaps dead ends or maybe other secret caverns.

The caverns were extremely warm inside and I was perspiring. I did not want to be gone long then thought how would I get out of this place considering the way to get out was on a high ledge and would be hard to climb out based on the angle of the hole.

I did not feel alone inside every turn held a surprise and all I could think about is Mitchell's theories about underground rivers, lands, caverns and worlds. Worlds that had beings and life unknown to man deep beneath my feet.

After spending 20 minutes hiking I came into a giant cavern big enough to build almost a house in. These caves were the only of this kind in CA and the floor was a soft beach type of sand. I noticed off into a corner was this big black door with a silver chain and a small rectangle hole in it.

The door looked like something you would see in a prison it was a thick iron and I knew it was the entrance to the winding stair case cave. That cave is used for government practice exercises to train. Sadly it goes very deep and has a giant black hole so its kept locked. As much as its designed to keep others out I have a good feeling its meant to keep something in too. Mitchell was a man who believed this was the entrance to the hollow earth. Even though it goes 500 feet down its rumored their are holes that goes even deeper then this cave so this would be the closest I would get to tales of aliens....dark lands.....and an unexplored world below my feet.

I was so amazed with the cavern I sat still staring at the formations and thought wow. At the same time their was a voice behind me it was a ghost their was no human within miles except Tammy who was waiting for me in the dark in a small little hidden place I found for her to hide at.

At this time all I thought about was finding a way out the operation changed to an emergency evacuation mission. I climbed a wall found what looked like a hole and I pushed about 300lbs of rock which allowed me to crawl out on the other side of the mountain. I had a huge smile on my face or a sigh of relief when I stood up on a dark cliff in the night. At the same time when my feet were still dangling in the cavern I felt urgency to get out my comfort level changed to a very unsettling feeling. I was trapped in the cave with a ghost and a door that could lead to something beyond mans concept.

There was no stars their was no moon it was just dark and I didn't bring all my equipment so my lights were dim.....and my head lamp was the only thing giving me some amount of light. It started to rain a little and I had to climb down into a canyon very tedious and carefully....following it down and then up over another peak which I stood on. Here I was in the middle of the Mojave standing on a small rock overhanging a drop to deaths door. I thought by being on top I could signal Tammy as at this point I was in the providence mountains lost in the Mojave.

When I came into the second canyon it looked so hopeless. I had nothing but rocks, cactuses, cliffs around me. I had to climb a few of those cliffs to make it to the second valley at this time I was exhausted. I suffer from a condition behind my knee caps and well I found a tree to sit down grabbed a limb it broke and I fell lucky I only got bruised on up. On one occasion I had to jump over a gap that almost killed me but I was determined to get back to base.

When I made my way into a second valley I called for Tammy and about half way up the mountain on a trail she leaned over shining her light and I found salvation. I was so accurate in that hike that the steep hill I was crawling up Tammy was just above me almost a miracle really to have found my way back in the dark.

I was bruised up pretty bad but was excited about the finds within the cave and the ghost encounter I had. My mind was just racing and poor Tammy was scared because I was gone for over an hour. Hence we need others to donate us more radios and things these investigations we do sometimes require more equipment.

We gathered our gear and hiked back to the car I was dragging knees in pain the air was think it was raining again. When we got back to the car we would be up for another adventure minutes away a place called Providence and the Bonanza King Mine.

Providence and the Bonanza King Mine

We had to follow the road out of the caverns and their was a place that split basically just a dirt road that went off into the Mojave. I had to make sure I took the road without error as one wrong move meant us being stranded maybe even stuck.

I took this dirt road for 5 miles then it split off one way led to a ranch while the other way had a sign for the mine. The road was dark when we got out of the car I turned off my light and we both could not see nothing but darkness. There was no moon, no stars not even a light of any kind.

Tammy and I started hiking over various washes down this rugged dirt road. We had hoped to find the ghost town then the mine behind it. Tammy said to me we been hiking for over 2 miles and she thought we would never reach this place. As we were in the middle of the mountains nothing but mountains and desert around us. At times the road went up or curves while other times it was full of horse manure piles from others who horseback in the region.

When it seemed hopeless we came across a few foundations, a trough, windmill and debris. I knew we had reached the ghost towns site. Sadly many of the paths led off into the darkness. The Mojave was different here their was trees...hills....rugged narrow washes etc we only found a small part of the town.

Under the windmill was some old wood boards cover a hole so I decided to shine my light into the hole. I had found a massive hole with wood beams. This was a mine however it was not the Bonanza King and their was no entrance into it close by unless you removed the wood and repelled into the darkness. Not only that but their was so much horse manure that we were stepping in piles left and right since the ranchers would use the ghost towns site as a watering hole.

I climbed one of the ladders to the top of one of the water tanks in hopes of seeing other structures in the area. It was just to dark we couldn't see no more then a few feet in front of us. Tammy and I continued our hike down a road one way led up a mountain probably the mine while the other way was a switch back trail which led us to the top of the hill and down into a small ravine where the Bonanza King Mine was.

The mine was just plain creepy. It had a big enough entrance to drive a car in and the tunnel went steep down into the darkness. We entered the mine and kept descending down Tammy mentioning she heard a voice in there with us. I cannot say yes or no honestly I thought I heard a voice inside the mine also. I also seen a bird one of the rocks staring down at us.

When we kept going deeper into the mine it ended at a giant room this is where I would toke one up and take a break. We had hiked a few miles it was dark it was raining on and off and well one thing that caught my eye is this odd light I seen out there. Tammy said it didn't move but I seen that light move behind us at one time maybe the ranch who knows.

Climbing out of the mine was harsh you see I did not drink enough water prior to the trip so I had cramps in my feet, ankles, calves and hamstrings. It was so rough of terrain if I tripped over a rock the other leg would give out with cramps.

Tammy and I had to abort finding the rest of the town site at this time we had no light left three lights broke.....and we were down to a head lamp that was dim and a small light with little power. The hike back to the car was so dark that we only had about 6 feet of light following a road which quote had washes and other wagon roads intersecting with it so it was pretty easy to get lost thankfully we didn't. We just followed horse crap for a few miles.

When we seen the car their was a sigh of relief getting out of there wasn't to bad although I flew did not spend much time joy riding. The dirt road was very narrow and on the sides was rocks and sand.

I enjoyed this investigation although it was very tedious the hike was almost 6 miles round trip in the dark. We then took a ride on out to Kelson the final place of the night.

Kelson

Kelson is known for its depot its a semi ghost town and in the center of town is the massive railroad that runs through it. Tammy and I parked at the depot we both agreed that the area looked more like FL not the Mojave as it was lush with grass, flowers, palm trees etc.

A train went by as we were investigating and we found an old jail transport cage....and we did one walk around the depot which is now a restaurant and many other businesses lease here.

The rain picked up heavily and I had to finish this investigation off. Down the road was the town site which they are not restoring but slowly removing the foundations. One foundation had a fire place standing up....while another was this old wood house that was falling apart. I went in the house had a pigeon hit me in the face almost fun stuff.

The house was very eerie so much junk and debris from the town scattered the entire front lawn and backyard. Another area near the house was three more buildings which were fenced off. It was raining so hard at this time and Tammy was really tired she could not believe how much more their was to the investigation.

Not much remained here but we could seen in the distance the lights of the train depot and it was time to wrap up the investigation. I am not sure how much remained hidden as many of the foundations were covered with growth of the Mojave. The depot was a jewel perhaps the only of its kind as it sits right in the middle of the desert.

We did leave and it was raining very hard just up the road we had one more ghost town yet when we passed through their was only one farm house remaining. I went in it was brief left the car running to grab some photos. The style of these homes is much different then of today....back then they build these places out of stones.....wood....they actually had barns...things you would not expect to see in the Mojave desert.

When we made it almost out of the Mojave we found a cool truck stop gas station type of place. Their was ravens bigger then roosters walking around the parking lot and watching me from the power lines. The mountains around us had fog on them it was dreary and their was no sun. We were both dragging as we now were out in the cold, rain and nature for 12 hours.

We stopped in for the biggest cup of coffee then made our way back home by this time almost putting on 400 miles to our road trip. It was a safe and fun trip and I think much more remains to be seen. I came to notice that mother nature reclaims these town sites as much as some go out and steal from them.

The Mojave is a secret jewel that nobody understands its a place that is full of gun fights, buried gold, hollow earth entrances, wildlife and even dying towns. These investigations eventually on our site will put that into a deeper perspective.

It was a fairly large investigation and hopefully it will set the tone for 2010. I had someone write me wanting to buy PGS sorry its not for sale and even though I have medical issues I am far from done with what our plans are for the future.

Since we are a paranormal exploration group we do a bit of both and that is what makes us so great. I have many plans in the future to visit pueblos and possibly find the lost city of the dead something which goes far beyond the expectation of anything we have ever done before.

In news on things I am far from done yes will be back on schedule with things no I have not quit....yes Season 7 of AngelOfThyNight Radio will be coming back in a season called "Into The Darkness" our next stop might be a canyon with 1000 year old space ships painted on the rocks a very mystical place to the native American people.

You never know what you might get with us our adventures go to locals chasing us....to dogs.....to strange lights in the middle of nowhere....to crawling into holes. I didn't get allot of ghost on my outing but during my long walk to a ghost town miles from civilization I shut off our lights sat in the darkness still and thought wow this is what it is all about. So now when some of you write me privately and you want to know what it is to learn about the paranormal know that people such as us are a very rare breed.

I will review the photos and evps I promise their will be many updates on our site eventually with places I have gone. But I also see a new age in the paranormal one that so many take for granted while over the past year I have been stung by to many thus I remain in the shadows still chasing the unknown only baring the secrets within to so very few and when others can open up there minds and hearts I will bare to you so many great things such as our awesome show......excursions to ancient locations.....and real paranormal. Not the paranormal you see on tv for kicks but real locations in the night in seclusion with whatever is out their is us and them.

I told Tammy a few things during our walk she gets all my knowledge which is priceless but I told her with my knee blown out that I will never out run anything I ever face. Therefore I have learned that even something as simple as a mountain lion I can only face it but never turn away because of that reason.

It takes a very deep appreciation for what they do and granted 800 plus excursions has taken a toll on me however when people write me thinking I am done wrong this journey has only just begin. I have renewed today my domain or OURS and I have decided on locations Ill be visiting this year like Mt. Zion....ghost towns....caves....and maybe even the city of the dead which has a secret very few realize. These are things we hope to accomplish and I ask each of you to get involved nobody gets paid I do this for the glory and love of it.

I do not know what lurked into the unknown in the Mojave but ill leave you with one last thought. On our way back from the mine after we spent a good hour hanging out here. I was walking towards the windmill and stopped again at the hole to hell in the ground. I am a natural psychic and I felt something different around that hole then when we first arrived. I felt it in the hole looking up as I peaked my eyes into the holes within the wood and tried to take photos through the hole.

Within the darkness things lurk things you or I do not seen .Thoughts in my head of crawling for miles down holes miles and miles into a labyrinth of darkness only eventually to run out of light....maybe even oxygen.....but to know that behind this ground stands what some call hell while others call it a place where spirits go. Maybe this is not the case maybe those that went underground evolved and well I know each step I take is one step closer to finding such answers.

It is now Saturday and ill be going to see the movie legion with my friends. I apologize for this report being so late I have taken a time out to do the paranormal rather quietly like a vacation of sorts. Very slowly we are inching our way back into the unknown and for some of you who are new you will know The Paranormal & Ghost Society just as I have come to be its foundation.

The unknown is not something you just do because its fun its a part of you the thought of something lurking around every corner to hearing something in a cavern with you but you cannot see it. To know your legs are still in the cavern while you are burrowing for life then stepping out into a world one of the dark the one so very few see for what it is and thus this is paranormal.

Lord Rick
Founder, Author, Talk Show Host
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

Profile E-mail