The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Last Nights Chiller Valley Of Fire Investigation Lord Rick's
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:55 am 
Site Admin

When you take a little time off from getting involved with the paranormal you start to value how much your missing out on. Things like walking under the stars......seeing the unknown....the adventure etc. Last night was a beautiful night and I know allot of individuals were asking me when I would return so I put together this very sweet investigation into the mystical Valley Of Fire.

We had a new investigator on board her name is Karrie she did very well for her first investigation considering all the hikes and locations we visited throughout the course of the night. Last time I visited this region it was fairly calm so I thought to myself it would be a great investigation for new people to get on board with.

I can promise you by time you get done reading this report you will be terrified with what happened last night. Its very very very rare to see or have paranormal occurrences. But it does happen all due to the right time and place. If you put yourself in that situation your going to experience things you cannot explain.

My goal was to return the Valley Of Fire to visit the locations I didn't get to see last time. Different locations meant different experiences. Honestly I didn't know how well it would go my knee is really bad right now and I spent the night before doing a 6 hour radio program so I didn't have much sleep.

I was able to get a hold of Karrie then I last minute gathered the equipment which we used mostly everything last night. It isn't cheap I had to pick up allot of batteries yesterday and all so I was keeping my fingers crossed we would have a classic Lord Rick all out adventure and it was. Karrie and I stopped at the store I picked up green tea with berry, candy bars, Gatorade and some Slim Jim's hahaha. I had made me a nice italian dinner before the investigation also good thing I did because I would be out all night lol.

Karrie came over we talked for a bit I was still getting ready I played some music just chilled out. My investigators are very important to me so its my job to guide them and teach as we go along. I do notice that Karrie is extremely observant which is good because sometimes I am just to much enjoying the locations to pay mind to ghost or anything. I could be in a room full of entities and be snapping into a slim Jim...and all my investigators would be like Rick did you see that man.

Anyhow we headed on off its about 60 miles north of here not to bad beats being in the city. We overshot the road into the Valley and ended up taking another exit into a town called Mesquite and Riverside. It was a pretty big area or town rather. I sort of sad to say liked it there more then Vegas.

I walked into the gas station three younger girls were hanging out front man the one was a cutie we were check one another out giving eachother the eye to eye glance lol. Life is allot different in these smaller towns opposed to the city. I noticed that even the guy at the gas station was a pretty cool dude gave me directions back out so we could back track. I was a little disappointed because I took us east into town was hoping to cut south and unfortunately their was no road so we had to go all the way back and go the long ways around into Overton to get to the Valley Of Fire.

As Karrie and I were talking we were talking about how easy it is to miss turn offs in the desert. Everything starts to look the same mountains, rocks, cactuses etc so at times you get into the music......or relaxing and just miss that turn lol.

I didn't care though because I felt that arriving to early could mean less activity so its okay....I got to know Karrie better and I am sure it helped our comfort zones. Its not easy when you first meet others for me a little easier but for others who are new at going out with our adventure team its a rush I know. Just like anybody I had to start off somewhere just remember that for future members who wish to involve themselves with our group and go out investigating.

So after traveling through small towns...hilly back roads....and the Lake Mead area we had found the east entrance into this mystical land of rocks, lore, and strangeness. I give to you our second investigation of the Valley Of Fire. Their appeared to be a brush fire and dust storm so we had no idea how or what it would be like once we got into the valley.

Stone Cabins

Not sure how last time I missed this place but some of the stops only have signs on one side. Karrie and I pulled off on this road and went to our lefts which dead ended at a gate. I wanted us to be thorough so if their appeared to be a site to investigate we went down the dirt road to examine it.

We turned around and came back out onto the main road eventually finding the right dirt road. This led us to a picnic area with three stone cabins on a hill. The mountain behind it loomed just a stone throw away. The moon was a very narrow crescent it was dark out in the Valley. All you could see is shadows of all the mountains and the night sky.

Right away I was anxious grabbed everything took a leak and made a small climb up to a plateau were the cabins stood on. I left the light on in the truck I am not use to brand new vehicles and gadgets. Call the good Lord a lil old fashioned haha:) and so I entered the cabin. It was much warmer inside the first cabin. Likewise for the other two as they retain a little bit of heat it seems.

I checked them all out each one was set up in different sizes and fireplace positioning. I also walked around them both to a point where one could climb up on the roof lol. I climbed a few giant rocks was actually hoping to find some caves. You have all these rocks piled along the base of the mountains so you never know unless you take a look at all the little nooks and crannies.

Karrie was taking EVP inside the cabins....we both went into one of them which had two very playful bats. The one spread its wings on the wall and just kept staring at me hahaha so I took his photo. I like bats they are amazing creatures when you work with them enough.

I felt the area was mellow little did I know what was coming into play a few hours later. I took a photo smoking my pipe for the opener of the investigation. I go out to have a good time and so should other paranormal investigators if your not having fun don't go out and do it lol.

In the first Cabin Karrie seen what looked like something looking in at us from the outside window. I cannot say I had my back sort of turned. I just know that Karrie being new to this would be very high up on alert for seeing things. When you first start off that is how it is unlike me I will feel something and continue to smoke up lol. But for the most part activity here was very little.

I went hiking alone for a bit and up a pair of steps north of the Cabins. That area took me to the edge of some overlooks of the Valley Of Fire. Even at night the views are pretty amazing. I think the key element with the cabins is that we took allot of EVP not just me but Karrie also.

She did well she sat down relaxed for a bit trying to listen and look for activity. I get a little nosy so chances are you will notice Ill disappear a bit looking for things lol. I didn't find much but I went back in the one cabin to play with bats some more. I had a stupid sliver in my foot and I didn't get it out before I left the house so I was so annoyed hiking around at first.

I made a video however it was dark unfortunately without my spotlights night videos are very hard to make. But ill put it up because it does have some audio. Karrie went to go use the restroom I was at the truck and thought what the hell so I ran back took a few more photos. I could see it was going to be a nice night. I could feel the temperature dropping but generally it was nice out no jacket needed.

We then headed on off to the Seven Sisters.

Seven Sisters

The Seven Sisters are composed of 7 giant rocks they start off small and turn into monolithic elements of natures formed over millions of years as the earth shifted.

The area was full of shelters and picnic tables in between each Rock. The first rock split in half we walked between it. The temperature change was massive I was actually shivering. I got carried away and ended up walking 4 rocks away from Karrie.

I didn't think much of it but I kept hearing a females voice or faint scream sort of nearby. I was alone at that point seen Karries flashlight disappear due to the distance I was away.

Each rock is so large I just ended up walking wherever it didn't matter walkways or not.

When I came to the fourth Rock I just could not believe how tall it towered into the sky. So passing by a split within the rocks I climbed a steep embankment. I made my up halfway or as far as I could go and the rock still towered into the sky. I sat along an edge looking over a 30 foot cliff or drop off.

At first I thought I found petroglyphs but instead hundreds of people carved symbols and names into the rocks. This reminded of a lovers look out place where you take your sweetheart climb the rocks and both carve your name together. Remind me ladies if I ever go back here and your with me were carving our names got it?:)

So anyhow I got worried Karrie never came and it was so dark its senseless to take photos of rocks that are bigger then houses. So I started to head back where I found her shining her light around. I actually just got so carried away but I didn't feel any animosity here but again I heard something on three occasions and it was faint.

We gathered ourselves and headed on off to an area known as the White Dooms a very primitive unexplored area in the Valley Of Fire.

White Dooms

This was a long trip up and down hills, sharp curves and steep grades. Its pretty much the end of the line in the Valley Of Fire. You drive till the road cannot take you in any further. We came up to the trail head it also is the site for many famous movies one of them being beast master.

This was an interesting area mainly a canyon full of sand ripples....pretty layers of rocks and allot of fauna growing. We noticed there were a few heavy cold spots could be due to the moisture within the canyon. We also noticed certain patches of various pretty flowers. Flowers growing in the desert are very rare.

Karried said it reminded her of burial grouns since on our way almost back to the road on the loop trail we encountered a few beds of soft plants growing. We thought it was odd considering this is the only area we seen these type of plants.

I liked the White Dooms so far my favorite location to hike around at besides Mouse's Tank. White dooms was allot different their was natural stone steps....and as we hiked it seemed we made it deeper or lower into the canyon rather.

I noticed when we came to the bottom of the canyon the walls were so narrow I could take both arms extend them out and touch both walls. The canyon looked like something out of a movie very narrow as it twist and turned. It was much like a dark tunnel and I didn't feel to much a little watched here.

Karrie felt something a few times tug on her or touch her rather. I honestly felt like this place was the safest to hike and roam around at. I am not even sure why it just felt different then other parts of the Valley. It was a dark hike and the rocks were gorgeous.

We came across an old movie set area just this little open area surrounded by mountains and rocks. The movie set was all made out of stone walls and all. It ran along a deeper canyon to our left which we hiked on into.

This was a cool place full of energy but peace also. I did not find any petroglyphs hiking here. The sand was hard to hike in but I spent years hiking in Florida so it really didn't bother me much but I know Karrie had a shoe full of it lol.

When we went past all of this we actually hiked in an old river bed it was odd like being in a river with giant rocks but no water. You could see it was a wash as it twisted and turned.

We came around the back side of the truck.....on the way their we found what looked like burial grounds just small gardens with flowers that you normally do not see in the desert. Of course the dooms seems a little more moist an able to sustain more plant life so who knows. Just as I seen a spider...Karrie I believe saw a tarantula cross the trail. She managed to get the brute end of spider webs last night.

We were so deep out in the Valley Of Fire you would think crazy paranormal things would occur but rather it happens in areas you do not expect it to. We then headed on off to Duck Rock.

Duck Rock

I was not to thrilled with this place we had to park outside an old rusted gate. I had no clue to where this rock was just that on my map we had to follow a dirt road about a mile away from the Dooms so we found it started hiking.

This would turn into a one mile hike and honestly this place intimidated me. We were in an area that not allot of people go back into. We were in a wide open area mountains on both sides were a good distance away all you could see was shadows.

Along the road were circular to oval patterns my first thought was four wheelers but their were no treads and they were double patterns. Honestly it looked like something landed in the middle of this dirt road circular shaped. We found a few patterns like this on our hike fairly all close to eachother and they were older but still rather deep impressions.

We kept a steady pace nothing was to strange although one part of the road we were on was so cold just icy and numb. When we reached the end of the road I figured we would run into this giant duck rock instead in front of us were deep canyons going down into another valley.

I took us into one of the canyons and we climbed into a narrow groove of rocks which consisted of thistle brush which cut me a few times. We went about 50 to 100 feet down into it and I stood on the ledge of a 12 drop. I was studying how I could climb deeper into this canyon then thought wait Karrie would have to stay up here alone so I had us turn around.

I had a good feeling that this rock wasn't in a gorge lol....and I didn't want to waste my night looking for one rock so we headed back. Problem is we went to the same way out we went in and still ended up going out another way.

I didn't say nothing to Karrie about this seriously I kept it to myself then she mentioned it also. We only followed a path with six foot walls on both sides of us for maybe 100 feet and when we came back up we were not even in the same place. That sort of struck me odd I mean one way down one way up so how is it we ended coming up back onto the dirt road from another side?

I honestly do not have the answer as we were working our way up Karriie said Rick is this the right way because it looks different and she was right. The path was more rugged I stepped on a ledge the sand gave away almost broke my ankle.

We climbed up out of there to the gravel road decided to head back so we could do the main areas I set out to do. On the way back to the car I think Karrie mentioned maybe seeing something or at least feeling something right on top of us following. On a more psychic level in my line of work she was right something was with us on that road and it wasn't very far behind. She said it was more over to her left but behind her. I kept looking back you have to understand were very low funded so my lights are dim...my batteries are cheap...so without spotlights and good lighting its like being in the movie pitch black.

We made it back to the car sort of a sigh of relief this is a primitive area very unexplored I mean in the canyon we were in I didn't even see human prints and here we were in the middle of the night climbing around lol. One thing that struck me in that I heard a hum on occasion very faint but I heard it now and then.

Next area we visited was Fire Canyon & The Silica Dooms.

Fire Canyon & The Silica Dooms.

We went down this long road which actually went higher up overlooking the town just beyond the Valley Of Fire. It was good to see some civilization.

One end of the road to the fork was a dead end with a drop off the other one was a parking area. Below the parking area were cliffs...canyons...deep maze like corridors.

I was anxious I started going down the side of a steep grade. One wrong fall meant a tumble of pain. After a couple hundred feet I climbed down into this canyon. I felt little compared to this place. You could spend hours exploring the maze like network of canyons here.

I decided to get more daring go deeper....Karrie was at the truck I wasn't going to bring her down into the pits of hell lol. I never been in a place like this....one canyon led to a deeper one. It wasn't hard to go deeper you just had to find areas that were not to hard to climb down like six foot rocks and walls.

I dropped down into a deeper canyon squeezing between rocks and such. I didn't want to wander to far so I only chose one canyon that was short and sweet.

I came out into this open area it was like a giant bowl with a hundred foot cliff in front of me. Just above that cliff Karries truck was parked a few feet away of course at the time I didn't know it. I seen a ridge what reminded me of a dinosaur backbone except this series of rocks ran right up the middle of this giant area.

I didn't feel like having to climb through two canyons and up a steep hill full of loose stones. So I climbed what looked like a giant back bone out of the bowels of this canyon. It wasn't to bad but one wrong move meant death as the climb up had a canyon on each side and it was very narrow climbing up. I also had to make it up a wall not much to grab onto the rocks here are smoother its not like climbing Snow Mountain where you can fit shoes and hands in grooves. I had to hug the rock and hold on with finger tips hahaha.

When I climbed out of this giant pit I looked straight ahead seen Karrie standing next to the truck I was like ummm wow not bad estimating considering in those canyons you see nothing just maze like passages very deep down.

I was happy but fire canyon was a let down no petrof\glyphs nothing even really strange. I told Karrie I better watch my ass my oldest son who thinks he babysits me told me my climbing days are over lol. I couldn't resist I had to rock climb at least once out of the night. Maybe its the rush who knows but I have gotten extremely good at climbing and with heights its madness.

We got back into the car headed to an area called Rainbow Vista a very scenic place with a 3 mile trail of sand and pretty rock formations that during sunset look like colors of the rainbow.

Rainbow Vista

I had no clue just thought this was an overlooks place but instead it was a hiking area with a very wide open trail. Like you had the trail but then you had walls of rock a few hundred feet apart so you could pretty much roam anywhere within the vista area.

We started to hike and I could be wrong but I think to our left on a giant flat rock I heard movement it was big it was loud and there was nothing there. It came right above us and we both heard it we both looked. I told Karrie it could be an animal its hard to say.

As we climbed down into the visit it was a sand lovers dream allot of sand and plant life. I could see even at night the beauty of rock formations some towering high into the sky.

Something caught my eye while hiking and it was getting late so we had no plans to go 3 miles just to take a mild look around. I looked to my left there was a few giant rock formations and along with it were piercing eyes staring at me.

I passed them the first time then said ehhhh then I thought wait a second something is looking at me lol. So I shined my light back off to the left 200 feet away and sure enough glistening eyes looking at us. I was trying to show Karrie the eyes also. I do not care what animal or what it is eyes always give off a reflection to light.

I told her were paranormal investigators we have to go check it out. As we walked over to the left we made it to the giant rock which had a little archway were the eyes were watching us from. Their was nothing we kept our lights on it nothing ran off. their were no visible tracks in the sand, I didn't see anything that would cause this and at that point I felt pretty stoked about this.

I did notice a change since our investigation. Little by little the activity was picking up throughout the night. Its just little things like this. The eyes I seen had little color to them they were not far apart but they were very bright whitish maybe with a tint of blue. I know though something was watching us.

We did hike back out to the car I wish I had more time to hike around here its just amazing how its a sandy desert full of rocks a pretty cool place. The eyes didn't bother me to much but it also left me with a feeling of being stumped.

We were almost done for the night I felt some toking coming on here lol. I mean I felt pretty good knee was hurting and back. But the energy I had was very high the entire night so I didn't call it a night yet. We drove off to find Atlatl Rock.

Atlatl Rock

We took the loop scenic route back towards another area which has huge rock formations but also campgrounds. Not sure how we missed it but we passed the parking area for Atlatl Rock and ended up in a camping area full of trailers.

I had us turn around to retrace our roots and we found this little dirt road with a picnic area. You couldn't see much but as I shined my light out the window I could see stairs leading along side this monolithic rock. We parked and made our way to the stairwell.

We went up to our left along side this steep rock....then a right. We were pretty high up and standing on this small platform. In a way it felt look it shook a little and I know Karrie doesn't like heights much.

I took a few photos of the petroglyphs. Then I sat down and I smoked a bowl. I deserved it lol....but really its almost tradition now to smoke. I saved it for this place just to sit high up overlooking the Valley was amazing.

I looked at the rock and thought even though it was dangerous I could have probably climbed it without the stairs their were a few little cliffs and walls here and there. But what made it more mysterious is the fact that these petroglyphs were etched into the rocks or painted rather not only high up in a hard to access area area.

One of the petroglyphs showed a picture of a ladder so that would explain how they were able to perform the task of creating them in such a place. The Atlatl rock is enormous even though we were very high up the rock still went another 60 feet or 100 above. In the center of the rock was a giant hole you could technically climb the giant rock and go into this hole.

What I didn't understand is how they could get a ladder to stay at the angle we found the petroglyphs if the ladder fell back it would mean a fall to the death for the natives of this land considering these sat up on a narrow high ledge. I do have a photo of the rock on our site already along with most of the sites talked about.

Anyhow Karrie took a photo of me smoking by the glyphs I made my peace. I sat down to relax take a drink of green tea. Karrie asked me if it would be okay if she could get down because we were high up on this little platform and she said Ill go on ahead and find some restrooms.

I kind of questioned her was like are you sure you want to go alone. Granted I left her alone a few times but that was areas I could get to her quickly if anything happened. But I was way up sitting on a platform near one of the largest rocks you could ever see the thing is many times bigger then a house and Karrie went off into the night looking for a rest room.

I kept an eye on her and soon she was out of site the rest rooms were fat. You had to go back down the stairs....through a path in the desert to the parking area then past to the restroom area. I heard coyotes earlier but miles away while smoking so I wasn't to worried about Karrie going to the bathroom.

I took my time smoking....I was trying to compile last nights events....and was examining the rock art from the native American people. I didn't think much of anything at this point I felt it was time to relax hiking in these places is intense.

I got up I made a video due to poor lighting its to dark like I said I need better lights lol. I was walking down the stairs filming the entire time over 50 steps down. I really had to pee bad green tea goes right through me. I had AngelOfThyNight Radio on my mind was like yeah Ill go home eat some honeycomb.....and chill out.

Well when I got done walking off the steps I shut my camera off and saved it. I was going down the trail and all of sudden in some brush I heard movement. I thought to myself ehhhh just a small desert rat. You have to understand the only thing I ever seen in the desert or hiking around this area are coyotes. The desert lacks on life period and mostly everything you will ever seen in the desert will run which includes mountain lions, coyotes and desert rats.

Well something shook the tree/bush violently and I kept walking hardly startled. Because in my head I said oh small animal. Its not like bigfoot when he walks its bang bang and soon branches are snapping like crazy. So in the desert you really do not need to play the cryptozoologist.

So after I slowed down again it shook to get my attention. I stopped and slowly shined my light to the left the brush was only 8 feet away from my left side. I seen something big back up like a flash. Then all of sudden this face was looking at me like nothing I ever seen in my life. It had pointed ears kind of a round head...and long facial hair but with white maybe some gray. Those eyes Ill never forget they were hollow it didn't even have a snout and it was low to the ground. It looks like it was sitting up almost grinning at me. It got my attention on purpose it wanted me to look at it and believe me my lights shined in its eyes for 3 seconds and not once did its eyes blink.

It wasn't a coyote...it wasn't a desert rat...it wasn't a mountain lion it looked sort of fox like but it wasn't a fox either it was in my opinion something mystical maybe even something not of this world. The creature reminded me of something you see in Alice In Wonderland almost like this creature could talk and had more intelligence then anything I ever dealt with. I quickly took my light off it because I tried to cast doubt on myself at first walking away fast I said ehhh that must be a coyote.

I shined my light on the SUV and Karrie was not near it or in it so I started to hustle to the truck. Then in my mind I kept replaying what I just seen and I was thinking wait a second this thing was pushing the brush aside to watch me what creature does that what creature even roams the desert like this and doesn't even startle in my presence despite me making noise walking....shining my light....etc

I could not find Karrie anywhere and I just realized that I just seen something that doesn't belong in this world. I could have photographed it but for some reason I didn't I got worried about Karrie....I was second guessing myself because I said ehhh its been a long night probably just an animal and I wasn't going to talk about it with Karrie because I felt it wasn't relevant.

So when Karrie could not be found I had to pee now keep in mind I heard this thing follow me but yet could not see it anymore. So I peed pretty much pulled it out in the open and went. I didn't even care if that thing was watching me I had to go then set off to locate Karrie.

I was at the truck she wasn't anywhere. So I put my hand on my hunting knife and minutes later I realized that thing in the bush was something paranormal not animal there was no explanation just the face the hollowness of it watching me just a few feet away man.

So I grab my knife because now I know something is wrong Karrie is missing...this thing is moving around watching me. All of sudden I heard Karrie telling me she needs help I was like you okay she is like not really. She asked me to grab blankets out of her truck I was really getting worried then because i didn't want to scare her and tell her yo Karrie I just seen something that don't belong on earth watching me lol.

I went into the woman's bathroom and gave Karrie the blankets. I felt bad because I think the last thing she wanted was a guy in the woman's bathroom with her that night but it turns out she peed herself really bad and I asked her what went on and she was like I don't like heights.

I slipped up started saying to her ya know Karrie something struck me as weird and I got into the bush and she was like oh my god. Right away our stories were matching and she told me the real reason why she peed is that creature she ran into like me. Now keep in mind I can back all of this up I had my voice recording running and its a long segment but ill put it on the website in the future.

She and I were collaborating stories she was in the bathroom wrapping the blankets around herself while I was trying to tell her things and she was interrupting me too trying to tell me things.

What happened was is she went down the stairs something made noise trying to get her attention in the brush. She did what I did got spooked shined her light. Well she came face to face with this thing too and she said to me Rick I just wanted to scream for help and couldn't instead she peed her pants and ran off to the woman's bathroom.

I didn't pee myself but ill tell you what I know what I seen looking at me and when I seen this thing I was no longer stoned or mellow. I am glad I smoked one prior to it because I probably would have a different situation with dealing with this thing.

I listened to Karries story our stories were identical and she said she could not even draw this creature it was indescribable and as she described very hollow as it watched her. I mean I would say something and she would say something back. I didn't say much to her at first she was filling in the blanks on what I just got done seeing.

I knew something had to be up I Karrie sounded like she was crying and so I know this thing had to scare her to death I know it. I been doing this for years so now when I see something I don't flinch much I look at it and walk away because most of the time these things turn out to be animals, bats, wind blowing etc and well last night that was not the case last night something tied to scare Karrie and it did a good job at it. It also made sure I was aware of it. I mean on occasion I seen a few bats fly off into the desert we startled but again this thing knew what it was doing.

I felt like it was a gremlin like it was making noise that way I looked at it then when I did it would just stare at you giving you a look I cant even draw to my members. I don't feel that if I photographed this thing it would show up I don't feel it was physical either I felt more like it was mystical maybe a native American mythological creature...maybe something you read about like fairies, leprechauns, trolls things of that sort.

Whatever it was had no fear of me it wanted me to look at it it got my attention PURPOSELY just as it did with Karrie minutes before. You will hear the recording eventually as I tell her from the woman's bathroom that I seen something weird not sure how to talk about it or rather I said I hate to say it but here is what happened. Then you will hear Karrie confess about this creature to.

She wasn't going to say anything because like me she thought it was an animal to and took a second look at it. You will hear on the recorder how she says she cannot describe its face. This creature had a face on it and to Karrie she thought at first it was her imagination. She said it didn't look like anything she has ever seen in her life and she is a country girl.

I sort of felt bad because usually I bring people out they see nothing their first time or hundred times. But last night this was Karries first time out with us and we both had an encounter with a creature minutes apart. What it was I do not know but it was a creature and it looked at me on purpose it knew what it was doing.

I will share the evidence of us talking about it LIVE from last night I may make a sound clip for our upcoming radio show on this. After shutting off the recorder we went back to the truck and we spent awhile talking about this. Karrie blew it off like I did at first thinking it was just her imagination from being all new to the team but the more I told her the more our stories matched up.

I could never describe what I seen last night just know their are things out there and I wish more came out with us I tried so hard on myspace, my groups etc to get more people to come out and well last night was a rare incident so those who went like Karrie will for the rest of her life remember last night. She said she cannot get it out of her mind and she is right a day later and I still remember last night clear as ewer.

We took on off to the last location just a mile around the loop to a place called The Beehives.

The Beehives

There was an odd truck in the parking area I told Karrie to stay in the truck and ill do this hike by myself. She was cold and I know she was scared of what she just seen. You have to understand that when your new to this you dont expect to deal with much but a few cold spots so for her I am sure this was a shocking experience.

I took out my two way radios and strange things were still happening. Hers was silent and working fine but mine had what sounded like screaming of many ghost at the same time. It was horrifying man I was like wtf is wrong with my radio because keep in mind I used these radios to call for a helicopter a couple months ago to get me out of a canyon back in Dec. 2008.

Well the screams stopped and I got out of the truck. I walked up this dirt road which led to a keep out area. I seen a couple more vehicles past the keep out signs. I was not going to take a chance at getting shot or dealing with people so I kept out and just followed the fence line.

Very far away I could see the beehives there just giant rocks that look like hives. Only one of the beehives was close to the private land area. You could cross it no problem which was just a sign with some post and chains. This might have been a private camping area who knows I just wanted to do a quick scout.

Im sure Karrie thought I was nuts going back out there after what we just seen. I didn't like the beehives it was dark I hardly had any lighting. My two way radio all of sudden started screaming like the voices of the dead and I looked the entire battery on it was drained. These things can last for hours no excuse.

I found out that Karries phone battery almost died and she heard something weird on the radio I gave her two almost like somebody else was on talking or odd noise. I felt bad had to turn off my radio and thought man if something happens to her while I am hiking I wont know or if she has to warn me even.

So I didn't do much around the beehives just went hiking for a bit took a photo and just looked around. I noticed out in the open desert something odd which looked like a saucer on the ground. I don't think it was though I think the rocks played some sort of illusion with my eyes considering the beehives are just layers of rocks one after another.

I studied it my light was to dim and thought hmmmm at times it looked metallic but then from another angle it just looked like two large oval rocks layered together. Its hard to say I didn't put much thought into it only because if it was a saucer it would have been only 10 feet across.

I made my way back to the truck Karrie was fine and we got out of the Valley Of Fire. The trip home wasn't to bad we just both were shocked and tired it was a long night for us both. We both seen and heard things such as she heard the humming noises towards the end of our investigation also.

My conclusion to all of this is that the Valley Of Fire has something strange going down. I heard stories years ago from friends but I never thought I would have one of my own to share. The first investigation we did do was low in activity and we hiked for miles. But last night's was full of weirdness just the entire night period.

I do think that we encountered the paranormal I didn't take a ton of photos mainly EVP.... a few photos....these sort of investigations are more like look then report. It was a clear night we seen a few meteors but both of us managed to experience some of the same things I told Karrie its good were on the same page.

My main goal was to visit each location within the Valley something we now have done of course much hides in this valley among the brush, rocks, and canyons. When we headed home I was eating chocolate like crazy it woke me up not that the experiences did wake me up because they did.

What was the creature we seen its hard to say does it belong here very unlikely. I at least now know that the mystical land of fiery rocks will forever be as much beautiful as it is mysterious. Just remember the Anasazi people died off and disappeared without an explanation. Those Anasazi lived within this valley and in massive cities built into the mountains called pueblos. While not to far from the Valley Of Fire remains a place called The Lost City and last night all of it comes down these highlights.

This was our second trip here. It was Karries first investigation with us. I have not been investigating in a couple months. The Valley Of Fire gets 200,000 visitors a year. The dinosaurs roamed this place back millions of years ago this area was more lush and had water sources nearby. We covered many miles on foot and driving within the valley the last two investigations. We now know for a fact that there are things within the valley that are unexplainable for example this creature that we sighted. All we can do is close this chapter and keep bringing everybody more great investigations. My return was nothing but exciting not only for our members but even for me considering how important the paranormal is to me. But who is the hunter and who is the hunted we live in a world that has more questions then answers.

I want to thank Karrie for coming on out...driving...and helping. I hope she wont let the unknown deter her it can be rather scary encountering something that has no fear of you but at the same time the other half of you wants to know more. All we can do is continue to press on for the truth.
Peace,
Lord Rick
Founder, Author & Talk Show Host
www.paranormalghostsociety.org

PS Karrie will write her report on all of this also and when she does ill post it as she has some things she wants to say about what happened at Atlatl Rock. Then in a few weeks ill get everything up onto our site.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Last Nights Chiller Valley Of Fire Investigation Lord Rick's
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Lordofthynight@aol.com, karriebarbee100906@yahoo.com
Sent: 4/1/2009 8:25:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Valley of Fire

Hello to all of you,

My name is Karrie. Just a little about me. I am a wife and a mother of four; ages 7, 6, 4, and 2. I grew up in Pueblo, Co.
I moved to Las Vegas, Nv. at the age of 21. I began my interest in the paranormal at a fairly young age. I had a therapist that
attributes my interest and ability to see, feel and know things to the trauma I suffered as an abused child. All I know is I feel
these things happen to me for a reason. Therefore, I am on a journey to find out why.

My journey to this point has led me to Rick. I was very nervous to go out with him as I had just met him, but that is just
how strong my will is to find what I am looking for. I was very happy to find out that he is not an ax murderer or anything lol. He
is on a quest just like me. Rick has basically said everything that happened on the night of March 28th, but he has asked me to
write this from my point of view.

(Cabins)
I have never gone hiking in the dark before so it took me a while to get used to it. We went to the cabins first, and it
was so quiet and peaceful there. There were millions of stars out and you could hear the crickets chirping. It has been so long
since I was able to experience anything like that. It seemed very calm it didn't feel like anything was there. Rick kind of scared
me as he took this opportunity to go rock climbing and I though for sure I would have to go get help before the night was out.
Thankfully he seems to know what he is doing. We ran into two bats in the third cabin and this was the closest I had ever been to
bats. We walked around a bit then I decided to try to catch some EVPs. I started in the first cabin, sat down by the fireplace and
I heard a click sound to my left and then to my right in the fireplace. Rick was on the other side of cabin 3 so I know it wasn't
him. I was also able to catch this sound on my voice recorder. As soon as I am able I hope to meet up with Rick and see what he
thinks of it. That was my only experience of any kind there.

(Seven Sisters)
Rick was anxious to get the night going, I think, because he left me in the dust lol. I was more interested in a possible
cold spot right outside of my truck. It was just a very small area that had a difference of about 20 degrees. I stood inside the
cold spot and tried to catch an EVP, but nothing happened. This place had a different feel to it than the cabins. I wasn't
menacing or anything, just different. As I left the cold spot and started after Rick I didn't hear or see anything however on my
voice recorder I get what sounds to me to be a male voice saying 'what'. Again I haven't had Rick listen to them yet. I got around
the first sister rock and before I got to the second I felt something so I turned around and could have sworn there was a female
figure following me. I find this interesting and decided to tell all of you because Rick though he heard a female voice not far
from this area. Now I am not going to say it was anything paranormal because there was a lot that was playing with my mind at the
time. I couldn't see or hear Rick, I was far from my car, and it was dark out in a place I had never been to even in the daylight.
So, at this point I am caulking it up to nerves.

(White Domes)
I really enjoyed this spot. We were able to walk all the way around this huge rock. It was about a mile and a half walk.
Now, when I say walk I am using the term very loosely lol. There was so much beach type sand and big river rocks that by the time
we got out of there my ankles and knees were killing me. It was a fascinating place though. I have never been able to see a movie
set before and I had no idea there were so many movies made there. Once we were in there I could see exactly why they used this
area. My favorite movie made there would be 'Fools Rush In'. I would love to visit this place in the day time. I would tell you
more about this place, but I think Rick covered it pretty well already. We were almost at the end when we both just stopped in our
tracks. There was a tall cliff near us and we heard something slid across it. We weren't able to see anything and it was too tall
to investigate, but I did catch the same sound on my voice recorder. At the end of our trail we saw what appeared to be a burial
are. It was a mound with a stick sticking out of the top and a lot of flowers that you just don't expect to see in the desert.
A few feet away we found another mound very similar to the first. Of course I had to turn around and see what looked like a
tarantula. That was not my favorite part of the night, but it was to be expected.

(Duck Rock)
Duck Rock was very interesting. I had Rick there by my side the whole time, but I still felt very uneasy. We walked quite
a ways and I stopped because I heard, behind me, what sounded like someone or something kicked a rock. I didn't pick anything up
on the recorder because we were walking through the same rocks and all you can hear is the crunching of rocks. This sounded like
it was about 100 feet behind me. The entire time we were there it felt as though we were being watched. We never found duck rock.
We walked and climbed down so far, but found nothing. We finally came to a point were Rick said don't come any further. Let me
tell you, he didn't have to say it twice lol. I turned around and got out of there as fast as I could. This is where is got
really strange. Even though we had really high rocks on either side of us and there was only one way down and one way back up,
we still came out on a completely different side than where we went down. It even looked different on the way down. What happened?
I have no idea and it probably will puzzle me the rest of my life. I was sure happy to see my car.

(Fire Canyon/Silica Dome)
I can't really tell you too much about this place as I just stood there watching Rick until I couldn't see him anymore.
It was very steep and I didn't trust myself or my shoes to get me down and back up in one piece. Rick says I didn't miss out on
anything though. I was nervous for him, because I had no way of knowing if he was OK or not. He did say there was a lot of
littering down there which I am glad I didn't see. I can't stand litterers.

(Rainbow Vista)
We didn't go very far in this area. Right away we saw eyes watching us. Rick and I shined our light on them and they were
not blinking so we though maybe it was a reflector from the trail signs they have along there. We went to investigate but there
weren't any signs of any kind even close to where we saw the eyes. We couldn't find anything there at all and we never heard
anything run off. Next time I am taking a compass as I was very turned around in this area.

(Atlatl Rock)
It took us a little bit to find this place, but it was well worth it. We had to climb a lot of steep stairs to reach the
platform. I had never seen petroglyphs before so this was very exciting for me and well worth the climb even though I am scared
of heights. I was hoping to catch an EVP there, but I didn't hear anything. I was needing to go the restroom so I told Rick I was
going to start heading down to find a restroom. He said 'are you sure?'. I was thinking that there were campers not very far away
and we were close to my truck. I had already been alone twice tonight so I thought nothing of it. I headed down and started toward
my truck, I was almost there and I heard something in the brush next to me. I turn and put my flashlight on what was making the
noise and I pissed myself. This thing looked low to the ground however I don't know if it was sitting or crouching down. It is so
hard to explain, but I will try my best. It looked like a cross between a fox an owl and a really old man with a long, white
beard. I was expecting that at the most I would see a ghost, not whatever that thing was. On my voice recorder you can hear me
stop and looking at this thing, but everything else is dead silent. This crickets aren't chirping anymore, and the wind has stopped
blowing. You hear absolutely nothing. I felt very confused too. Prior to that I was heading straight for my car, but I couldn't
remember which way to go or even what I was doing. All of this happened in about 5 seconds. I turned away from that thing and
slowly came to my senses again and walked away much faster. I realized that in that time I have pissed myself so I needed to get
to the bathroom and try to clean myself up. In my mind I kept saying that was an illusion or my mind playing tricks on me, but at
the same time I saw what I saw. While I was in the bathroom I started hearing Rick's voice and I was thinking how embarrassed I
was and what was I going to say to him to explain what had scared the piss out of me. I really didn't want to tell him what I saw
in the brush as I truly though this was my imagination. I asked him to bring some blankets to me from my truck and when he did
he started telling my that something had happened, but I could hear it in his voice even before he told me. He said that he saw
something in the brush and I said 'with foxes ears?' and he says 'yes' and I just started crying. It wasn't just my mind playing
tricks. We continued talking and completing each others sentences. I just couldn't believe that we had seen the same very strange
thing. It seemed to have just waited there for Rick. It took me so long to right this e-mail about the Valley of Fire because
quite frankly my mind is still trying to fathom what we saw that night. It still dumbfounds me to be writing about it right now.

(Beehives)
I didn't get out here as I was now wrapped in a blanket. Rick left a two way radio with me as he went exploring. While he
was gone it sounded like he attempted to call me a couple times and I tried to respond, but he didn't say anything. Once he was
back at the car he did report that something kept coming across the radio that sounded like screaming, but I never heard it.

We left at this point and I was so happy to be leaving. We talked all the way home about what happened, and I kept feeling
as though I just wasn't cut out for this line of work. I still don't think I handled the situation well at Atlatl Rock, but I
have since reassured myself that it was my first time ever doing something like this and besides the fact that I ended up wrapped
in a blanket I still felt good and would love to go back again.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story,
Karrie Barbee

Profile E-mail