The Paranormal & Ghost Society Private BBS Hosted By Lord Rick At www.paranormalghostsociety.org
Our Bulletin Board System is designed for our subscribers and friends. It is a series of forums hosted by PGS where we discuss the functions of our organization and an innovating BBS which revolves around many functions within our group sign up its free!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: T.A.P.S. myspace spam !!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:55 pm 

About Me: Rick eats cock
Favorite Quotes: " Revenge is a dish best served cold "
look at this crappy spam i got today from taps

Date: Jun 22, 2007 10:55 AM
Subject Taps Magazine... Come check it out and Spread the word!!!
Body: I need your help in spreading the word about America's BEST Paranormal Magazine. It's easy to do and it will identify you as a supporter and member of TAPS Paramag NATION! Here is what I need you to do:

-Click "Reply To Poster" at the bottom of this Bulletin.
-Copy the noted HTML code and text.
-Paste it in your MySpace profile and as many Bulletins as you can.
-Tell all your MySpace friends to do the same!

On behalf of everyone at TAPS and TAPS Paramagazine I sincerely thank you for your help and support!

-Steve Gonsalves
TAPS Equipment Manager
TAPS Paramagazine Co-Founder

After you click "Reply to Poster," copy and paste what is below:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: T.A.P.S. myspace spam !!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:36 am 
Site Admin

Damn dude thats some crappy shit. I cannot stand TAPS its all about the glamour and money for them. What pisses me off is that people give them money just like Alex when they already are making money for what they do. The other thing is TAPS over dramatizes things when ghostbusting besides the fact for awhile there they were going to places I been to like Saint Augustine lighthouse. I visited there did a write up on it and got good ghost photos...then they went there months later. Now I am sure they are going to spam because there getting greedy they want to sell more magazines...get more viewers etc its all about the green man.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:17 am 

You know rick i was thinking, maybe you should

A. pick like 20 investigations and unlock them for general viewing, and leave the rest as subscription

or
b. Reopen the site.

Right now your fishing without a worm leaving nothing for Joe Q Public who is a first time viewer of your site.ask ANY paysite owner, no one trusts " free trial " anymore. You have to just give them free samples no strings attached. If we are to get you bigger than taps, we needs to get you a large and strong fan base, off myspace/yahoo/msn. Now that you have this forum, and pgs.org has so many features, Radio, Bands, sports team.

Your on the brink bro, you just need that proverbal worm ( to talk to you in fishing terms )

Now that UER is off your case, and as long as you dont poke them , and they dont poke you, the reason you locked your adventures up is gone.

People steal my pics ALL the time, but for every stolen pic, is a reporter who saw my pics and gave me an interview.

Its a devils knife, but you need to suck it up and accept that on the net people are always going to steal your stuff, but I REALLY feel you are shooting yourself in the foot not displaying your work.

The fact that your stuff is not on display for the producers, writers, and tv to READILY see, mean the UER people kinda did shut you down, They got you to take your own work offline, thus hurting anychance or some random producer who just was scanning for talent and didnt want to get all involved with memberships, or that stuff.

Remember, untill you get the PGS show on discovery channel you need to promote the shit out of your work! and right now only a handfull of suscribers can see it.

I strongly feel after another couple of weeks with the UER thread gone, you can go back to lord rick 19XX - 2006 again.

Give the people what they want, i promise the longterm bennifits with far outweigh the short term 5 bucks here and there

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

I just dont know what to do anymore. I did not know UER took there threads down...I mean odd has told me some things to about them pushing to get me in some sort of trouble but he will not say what. See the thing is that its not just UER that pushed me to make the archives private it was the fact that I get no donations....when i gave it all for free I got not a thing I was putting sometimes 5 places up a week for months straight. When the archives open people start making all kinds of local groups going to these places while my team has no investigators...they start writing books about my journeys. I dont know I mean I had a few authors steal hell taps cant go to anymore places I been to cause they cant get into the archives....I mean it also keeps cops out....the military which is on my back I wont even get into that. Its just alot of things right now and factors. I hate uer just as much as you do but I just do not want to get screwed. I am one of the most abused paranormal investigators in this country because people in NY robbed me of my work. That one girl who I banned off my site she was going around stealing my work writing about some mansion i been to and probably using my reports and such. UER can never win against me I am to strong for them maybe not in the amount of members or funding but I am wise in my years doing this just as you are with exploring. I will think about it but my private archives does not expire for another month so who knows I can change it or keep it. Ill listen to what other members say but people gotta donate and they dont they want so much for free that is what hurts. I use broken equipment, beat up cameras, hell my truck is ruined from various woods trips...its just endless its not like Alex who gets 1000 a month and does nothing but treats himself...I get 5 dollars maybe a month if that.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:19 pm 

well then like i said, pick like 15 out of the hundreds, that are pretty safe and legal, and let those be free samples, and leave the rest in archives

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

I could create a link below the sign in console that will lead someone to 10 to 15 investigations but that will take me sometime to compile we have so many of them some better then others.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:40 pm 

see that would be perfect, give em a few good explorations then be like, " if you like those WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHATS INSIDE!!! "

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Ill see what I can do in the near future...I been living it up this entire weekend so far. I am bbqing tonight on the grill.
Rick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:39 am 

Rick,

What about doing like a "seminar" or convention type thing to raise money? Or maybe consider writing a book? I saw on the pgs site that you offered "ghost tours." If there are places around FL that are haunted, maybe get a brochure out to the Visitor's Bereau? I know that Savannah, GA has a ton of ghost tour companies.

Love,
Jackie

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Jackie wrote:
Rick,

What about doing like a "seminar" or convention type thing to raise money? Or maybe consider writing a book? I saw on the pgs site that you offered "ghost tours." If there are places around FL that are haunted, maybe get a brochure out to the Visitor's Bereau? I know that Savannah, GA has a ton of ghost tour companies.

Love,
Jackie

Unfortunately at this point Jackie florida is a hopeless cause if you guys lived down here you would understand. These things cost money I am so poor i cannot even afford a decent pair of shorts or jeans. The truth is that I am very much alone in this except for a few great friends such as you guys. I have done ghost tours oh man back then one time I did a tour of like 30 something people stepped on a nail it went through my foot i hid the pain well but my foot was bleeding wooo. Conventions cost money and the thing is with making 5 dollars every few months a convention is what it is way out of my league or budget. Hell if people dont even care about Robert Carr out of all my forums how are they going to care about some convention serious? I just am a realist I let the members decide on alot of things if the members dont care all it does is push me more and more away from the rest of the world. I have come to realize the boards and all I do I need to do because of me because its something I enjoy doing rather then fame, fortune etc cause I enjoy the paranormal I enjoy the adventure and hopefully I can enjoy the time spent with good friends.
Rick

Profile E-mail